GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 25, 2023 01:58:01  #8671

Re: Cosmic Dim. (V. XVIII), You're Correct but You're Not Right

(*glances at 300 pages of random notes jotted from the last year alone*) What a blunder indeed.

Wait no, no actually. Next time someone's trying to sever my spine from behind in a dream, I'll be sure to ask them if I can first look for my sketchbook (with handsome Wiley, Kaori, etc.) and computer to see if I was smart enough to take notes in my dreamspace. :D
There is that memory boundary for psychology that I can't remember the term name of (':

I write 300 pages of the most random stuff but still can't write anything of actual quality lol. Do you see what kind of "content creator" I am dealing with here (*disgruntled gestures towards self*)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

January 25, 2023 02:01:00  #8672

The funniest thing is that out of those 300 pages or so, there are only 2 slightly quality notes in the document, and both were written in Chinese at 4 A.M.
"Quality" as in: They pwn me upon re-reading (:

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 25, 2023 02:07:08  #8673

Oh yeah I feel like AP Psych is worth mentioning because
1) Our teacher decided to pwn us (read: me and my 2-second attention span) with a video-watching requirement before every class, which sucks since online school's biggest benefit is only having hard deadlines at the end of each half-semester. It was decided by the class doing a majority thing and honestly I disagree with that decision format, but...lol.
2) The course content just keeps reinforcing how much of a weirdo I actually am. I guess answers based on experience and everything turns out to be anything else. It's not even the extreme opposite either. Combined with my ability to not study, the exam is gonna be great. :'D

Also shoutout to that one AP Stats classmate of mine who is literally doing 0 coursework for the year (and just searching answers up on the internet) and is planning to cram in one week because that sounds like levels of stress that could squash me beyond the first dimension
Mostly a shoutout because for some reason they felt the need to not only tell me this but also elaborate like bruh xD

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 25, 2023 02:52:56  #8674

That's the fastest way to fail a Stats class I'll tell ya that lol. Half the battle is practicing what you learn

I enjoyed the Psych classes I took. Mine weren't AP but it was a college credit I took my senior year. It was asynchronous (thanks covid) and I loved being able to sit down and plow through the content for the week in one sitting, ironically because my attention span is also abysmal. I've heard that AP tests are pretty brutal so good luck with those 

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

"Is my body really part of the earth, and is the soul just a metaphor?"

Season's grievings to us, one and all!

January 25, 2023 03:24:49  #8675

I agree, but honestly I'm interested in their results at the same time, so to each their own ig xD
Psychology is super fun until I realize I need to remember which names correspond to which theories (or whatever those are called in this field,,,) like rn I'm thinking of some female psychologist relating to child development but the literal only thing I can remember is her gender. I'm sure I could probably describe her theory separate from her, but the test doesn't seem to want to assess that lol.
Do you have a favorite unit? (Question applies to anyone who's taken a psychology class or has an interest in it, btw! I love hearing from you guys.)
And thank you for the luck! I also like plowing through coursework when I can, but my AP classes especially like putting multiple tasks in one assignment (which is...normal but xD). The video thing is primarily because 1) it's like half an hour long and I struggle at around 5 minutes usually, 2) while online we learn through articles and videos mostly, and so I'm even sicker of videos than I usually am lol (thanks AP Stats) 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 25, 2023 03:33:53  #8676

Yesterday I was interested in any correlation between gender identification and size of the corpus callosum (please please let me remember the term right this time), but then the first study I read was...not too good :') (and it didn't answer my question either)
Sorry if I'm all over the place btw. For some reason, I've had a lot of thoughts over the past few days. It really does cycle for me. (It's probably for procrastination purposes, but hey, maybe it's for general self-sabotaging instead, who am I to say? (': )

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 25, 2023 03:42:28  #8677

Okay I'll just make another post here and then be quiet for about 20 hours xD

F/DA is basically a huge self guilt trip even at this point (I tried to analyze all my characters at once and...couldn't lol)
For some reason I also con my fellow countrymen and it's simultaneously hilarious and sad. Context? Chinese people have a history of looking down on each other. It's like America's racism problem but without the ethnicity component. Anyways the point is I feel so bad for Berserker and Rider
The above is also related to some random history I'm remembering with Psychology's help, but I can't really express that well.

I nearly just forgot what Nobukatsu's NP does (: thankfully I remembered
Anyhow, I was about to say that F/GO really gives me a lot (edit: not "thought" LOL) to think about when it comes to Sunny for whatever reason. That's also a guilt trip in 3 universes which is fun
That also reminded me of Lanling Wang having siblings in his life (one of which was a lil pompous from what I can tell). For some reason I just did not think of the fact while thinking of him xD

Aaaand I'm gonna censor myself before I say something family related that isn't fictional lol, y'all have a nice day

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 26, 2023 01:19:32  #8678

I was not quiet for 20 hours

So first off I was delirious yesterday, because when I said "I con my fellow countrymen" I mean I con Lancer Rider. 
Berserker's too scary to con. The dude could crush my skull with a teacup
Second, related to that, I changed F/DA's Heroic Spirit parameters/stats again. I actually did not con Rider today (at least from what I can remember), but technically conning Saber counts as conning my fellow countrymen too since they're...some...portion...of Asian????
Lore-wise I'll probably (definitely) need to run through the stats again, but I'm feeling better about the comparisons, so yay. I love procrastination-resulted progress. 

It's about to be Rai's birthday and for once, I have no gift idea (: like yeah art (not writing,,, that sucks and anyways it'd just give me more fuel to traumatize him with) but what.
I'm too fixated on the notion of Galaxian with suit, especially that I have an interview tomorrow! Again. Yeah lol. I'm happy being able to wear a suit, maybe too much so. But hey.
Back to his birthday, I do feel like it'd be sad to not give him something...but he literally does not care, so maybe I shouldn't be the one feeling sad, if that makes sense.

In other news, Erikson's Stages of Development cement lil baby Galaxian as an idiot (or they're just too generalized...or I'm thinking of them as being too generalized)
I recently phrased my life motto as "I heckn't" (currently not feeling it as much though), partially because of Psychology making me realize how much I have gone through life just not giving a heck. And it's beneficial, mostly! Or else I'd have to go through character dev ): which is hard ):

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 27, 2023 01:05:17  #8679

As of right now Boardhost is having some technical difficulties, so if they continue for too long (like...2 days lol), let me know and I'll contact Boardhost or something.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 28, 2023 00:54:57  #8680

Look, I love my school. 

But what I don't love is it refusing to give me stuff I need for college financial aid for very vague reasons while simultaneously nominating me for some scholarship with literally no info on the actual deadline, way to apply, where the aid would even come into play, etc. (It contacted me today with no info whatsoever other than the category of scholarship and the general essay prompt)
Like for all I know the deadline could literally be on Monday (three days away if you still count right now as today, even though I don't) since the last time I relied on my school to meet its end of a scholarship deadline, it literally waited until the deadline extension date to call me despite me repeatedly reminding the people in charge of this sort of thing that I'd finished my end of the application and the deadline was coming up via email
And btw that time, they notified me months after they were supposed to, which forced me to use the extension deadline in the first place 'cause I couldn't start the application without the school giving me the notice and letting me create an account
Pleasseee, I give myself enough anxiety already, why do this to meeee :'))))

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 28, 2023 04:12:25  #8681

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Do you have a favorite unit? (Question applies to anyone who's taken a psychology class or has an interest in it, btw! I love hearing from you guys.)

I don't know if I have a favorite overall, but I really enjoyed learning about neurodivergency and gender identity, both as separate concepts and in relation to each other. I took it alongside a sociology course so a lot of it kind of mixed together for me so I may be misremembering if we specifically covered gender identity in pysch or not but I think it's still relevant enough. I've researched and looked into psychology stuff on my own since about middle school because it interested me but as the years go on I think I was also subconsciously searching for answers about myself. The longer I'm in college and the more people I meet who are psych majors, that seems the common theme of them getting into the field as a byproduct of learning how they operate in the world.

I don't do well with remembering names either, I would give the people nicknames related to what they were known for to try and jumpstart my memory on quizzes and stuff, but then I only remembered their nicknames and not their actual ones lol

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

January 30, 2023 01:07:40  #8682

That's interesting to hear. I can definitely see the appeal in self-exploration, but funnily enough I think my primary motivation in learning psychology has instead been to understand others. I feel like since I live in my own perspective, there are things I can figure out without having to understand the concepts and reasoning behind my actions and tendencies, but it is not so when it comes to other individuals, even those I deem close to myself emotionally. I feel like I should be asking more IRL psychology people this question too; the answers might be intriguing to hear too. 
That tendency kinda reminds me how we can sometimes remember how to sing a song but forget the title entirely (or maybe that's not such a universal thing),,, ironically I feel like there's some psychological concept that summarizes both of these tendencies up but I can't remember the name of it (':

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 30, 2023 01:21:50  #8683

I've been pondering whether or not to say this 'cause I know I suck at striking a balance between good and bad (in fact I sometimes feel like I never talk about the good lol, but that's probably too extreme as well), but anyways there's another worry I wanted to kind of note? It's not even hoping that if I say it, the possibility will go away. Anyhow, what's the harm. (Still spoiler tagged though lol.)

So basically the other day I suddenly realized the possibility of my biological father coming around to my high school graduation specifically to ruin the event for me. It might seem like paranoia (and it somewhat is) because he's still out-of-state from what I know, and most hopefully, he might not think of the idea. But on the other hand, please do understand that I don't call him a narcissist for no reason. He has a very long history of intentionally speaking and acting to both my mom and I during days that are supposed to be happy (i.e. sending me emails during my birthday [unfortunately including this year, which I found out by accident (:], refusing to pay child support during Chinese New Year, showing up completely uninitiated near the end of my time in middle school and scaring me half to death, showing up to my final choir concert uninitiated [which I dodged by somehow getting sick by luck that day and not being able to show up], literally telling my mom that he curses her to die every single day in the middle of an otherwise pleasant conversation [in cultural context this is extremely horrible and more than superstition], etc. etc.), and seeing as how my school keeps sending him stuff related to what I'm doing in school despite my pleas for them to not do that, I wouldn't be surprised if he decided to show up and try to ruin the event. Again, he knows showing up will impact me negatively because he has scared me repeatedly in the past (making me cry and cause scenes in front of others and all that), and that's probably a reason as to why he kept doing it, and he's done this in the past despite being out-of-state too (and just as far away from the state as he currently is). So yeah. I'm actually not entirely paranoid this time.
What I'm trying to figure out is how I should handle this situation. In the past I've resorted to hiding and running (and honestly the running is what is worrying me because it's...kinda traumatic ngl), but this time it'd be pretty darn hard since the setting would be unfamiliar and potentially dangerous. And I know there's really no one who can help me with this, since they just try to send me to therapists or whatever instead of being able to do what I ask them to do (with reason or less reason) and I am not dealing with that right now. Another alternative is that I could just try to train myself to not care about the event and even not go, but I'm not gonna lie, that'd be pretty terrible for me, since our school forced us to buy graduation stuff and all that (yay money) and my last in-person meeting with my online teachers matters a whole bunch to me.
So idk, I'm just thinking about it right now, I guess? This time I actually don't need suggestions from you guys, mostly out of fear that I'd have to explain the situation more than what I'd be comfortable with and end up becoming way oversensitive again, I dunno. But thanks for any concern. 

Yikes, that's kind of a bad ending there. But hey, maybe sending this was a bad decision. And don't worry about reading this. It's really...not as serious of a thing as I'm probably imagining it to be. But you know me, overdramatizing stuff like this because I can't take life obstacles or whatever.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 30, 2023 01:30:23  #8684

Anyways, on F/GO, I like looking at my favorite characters and all that because it offers me some character preference insights on myself, and just today I realized how similar Ushi and Changgong kinda are[?]
They both call the player "Master" with "arjun" specifically and they're both very loyal, but the funny difference comes in how nice Changgong is (and relatively nonviolent) while Ushi is constantly like "head-chopping time? :0?!?" (she should have a line with Sanson for that, while Changgong should...also have a line with Sanson imo lol)
Also if you think about it Changgong and Yu & Ushi and Benkei kinda are similar to each other too, if only in the clothing department (Changgong is all dressed up while Yu is...rather scantily clad, and same goes for Benkei and Ushi)
The differences come in the bigger picture, like Benkei's existence and him getting bullied (though ig Changgong laughs at Yu too??), but hey, we look only at stuff supporting our viewpoints here lol (very much a joke btw)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 1, 2023 01:32:37  #8685

Finally learned the source of the "28 Stab Wounds" meme lol.
It's kinda fitting, since I just finished speed-watching a playthrough of The Walking Dead's first season. And of course, I got emotional for basically no reason, but that's pretty much me with any story.
Could I have learned the source way before? Yes. But did I do a simple Google search to do so? No, lol.

Anyhow, I appreciate the meme because I remember even if it's inaccurate for GGaD!Galaxian, it's funny to imagine a version of him who somehow has anger issues and has to resort to interrogation to get a confession out of someone. (I was gonna say "to find out who did a murder" but I realized that isn't really the point of interrogations)
(*intense document slamming*)
honestly it's "funny" because it reflects my own lack of patience,,, that's actually more sad than funny lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 1, 2023 03:53:50  #8686

TWD is one of my favorite shows of all time but I deliberately stopped watching before more of my favorite characters got killed off because I got tired of it 

Call me Ishmael.

February 2, 2023 01:29:47  #8687

Yeah, I noticed the series has a knack for killing people off for sure.
I might be totally off the mark here, but was Bliss as a character related to Clementine at all? For some reason I sensed some connection between them, but I might be stretching it way too much.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 2, 2023 02:13:00  #8688

Honestly you might be right about that one! I don't think I did so consciously, though it was so long ago I can't say for certain. I would have made her roughly around the time I first got into TWD universe so that checks out. I've really got finish watching the game series, I've been putting it off for years because I was consumed by other things. I'll have to fit it somewhere among all the Minecraft videos 

Call me Ishmael.

February 3, 2023 01:13:53  #8689

Oho, being (possibly) right! (*smug noises*)
That's kinda funny, I think I have the opposite thing. Though it doesn't apply right now.

----

My current solution to stress is pretending I'm capable and just letting soft deadlines go by so I can focus on stuff separately rather than all at once.
Is it actually a solution? Well it is for me, until the middle of March that is, where I may possibly have a breakdown (but it's better than consecutive breakdowns from January up until then)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 3, 2023 01:29:26  #8690

If someone who plays F/GO could please use My Room to open the option to contact the F/GO dev team and let me know what email address the team uses (by using the popup email), that'd be great. 'Cause I've been experiencing some issues and I think a bug report is now needed. I can't install an email app to this device so yeah :')

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 3, 2023 01:41:28  #8691

Someone named Yinhe just friended me and I am honestly terrified
First it was Run, then it was Cosmic, and now this
What horrors am I inviting into my friends list

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 5, 2023 01:50:19  #8692

I'd say that an art phase got me again, but it's actually a productivity phase. I have been able to do absolutely nothing productive over the past 2 days. It's all been just coming up with random lore and analyzing 3 stories at once
The "random lore" in question mostly relates to F/DA Rider and Berserker, so it looks like the two of them finally got me real good (but actually it's probably the emotional delay thing as usual)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 5, 2023 02:05:40  #8693

On F/GO's story because I haven't talked about it in a long while (please do not click on spoilers if you play the game)

Honestly LB5 part 2 (Olympus) was a bit less exciting story-wise than I had anticipated. Most of it was Zeus being a bastard god. The end did get a lot better in my view (I still haven't finished though so idk what the conclusion is like), but overall the message I got on the gods' behalf was "Zeus horrible, others semi-okay" 
Ares did not act like what I'd expected him to act like btw. It felt like Kintoki was the one in charge. Or maybe that was the point. Demeter did not have collarbones and Aphrodite wasn't very pretty for a goddess of beauty, but hey (: since the two of them were supposedly nice usually I'll try not to insult their appearances too much.
And btw I love Zeus' design (as a terminal). I think it fits a lot. His original machine form is kinda more like a joke for me though.
I went off on a tangent, sorry. The point I was trying to make is, it felt like the writers weren't committing to one aspect of Zeus? On one end he was semi-sympathetic due to being more humble with Kirschtaria and appreciating humanity's worship of him, but I felt like his sentiments didn't make up for his actions. Also, his personality was disappointingly shallow, since it felt like there was some point of humanity developing in the gods as a result of being worshipped, and Zeus just felt like this...super shallow existence. I mean, for a guy who bragged so much about omnipotence, you wouldn't think he'd give up and say "Thank you for your existence" to the humanity that made him a god in the first place. It just feels so wrong.
Now, onto Kirschtaria (god I hope I didn't mix up his name's s and c) and his Servant, Caenis. I felt like I got a better grip of Caenis this chapter, though I still dunno their pronouns, so I'm gonna stick with "they/them" and hope they don't gut me lol. Kirschtaria was interesting because I felt like for the most part, he stayed consistent to what he was representing: Humanity and how it will justify its own ideals. He sacrificed Proper Human History (or intended to do so) through manipulating the Foreign God, ironically because he wanted to prove himself able to self-sacrifice like that urchin who saved him could. In his parallel of Fujimaru Ritsuka, he's a good counter to them in showing the origins of what he wants to do and why he wants to accomplish his goals.
The problem for me is that even accounting for how he represents the fallibility of human nature, he still represents the arrogance of a mage, which isn't what Fujimaru has. In fact, this is my problem with how the Lostbelts are portrayed as a whole. We're destroying a history and all the people in them for our own, yadda yadda. But consider: The protagonist is the one on the defense with the rest of Chaldea. If the Crypters had never provoked Proper Human History by pruning the Earth and establishing the Lostbelts, it's not like the Cosmic Theoretical Phenomenon that pruned these histories had anything to do with Fujimaru. Fujimaru quite literally has done, and is doing, nothing wrong. All they've been doing is trying their best to make the best out of horrible circumstances (Goetia's initial erasing of humanity, and now humanity's history by whatever is behind all of the second arc), and people blame them?? I just feel like the argument collapses. Sure, what they're doing is cruel in a sense, but they're doing it out of necessity, and they're suffering so much guilt over it. And yeah, it's more despair-inducing than the first Arc, but reality has always been this way. In the end, it's the Crypters' fault--and by extension their leader's--for pulling all of this onto Fujimaru's shoulders (as well as the shoulders of Chaldea). I respect Kirschtaria's willingness to fight so hard to create what he wants to create, but really, he never lost the advantage he had inherently. That fact cannot be denied.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 5, 2023 02:26:58  #8694

This following part relates more to my roleplaying style than F/GO's story, but I still will be tagging it just in case

A big part of my mild disappointment toward this arc's story was probably my own view towards the topic. As time passes by, I've been realizing the question for me when it comes to theism isn't "Is there a god," but rather "If there is a god, are they worthy of respect?" 
I realized this when I made Iollan. His "atheism" is basically my own. "If a god is as flawed as humans are, and expects humans to suffer for temporary mistakes [among other factors], that god is not worth respecting. Even if they do exist and I get cast into hell for my belief, I believe more in this sentiment."
Taken in a vacuum, I think the rest of LB5's gods were perhaps worshippable (and by "in a vacuum" I mean pretending they didn't sponsor wars and all that). Demeter and Aphrodite loved humans genuinely. And their love was also why I came to like Europa, who saw how important it is to move past just saying things and instead acting on them (even if she did some small brain moves at times). But Zeus...was a coward, basically. And it's okay to be afraid of things even as a god, but it turns out his ultimate objectives are just so selfish and self-preserving, it's disgusting to me.
(As a note, I know he and his PHH counterpart are different, don't worry. But as we know, PHH Zeus had his own problems. :] )
GGaD!Galaxian's character actually centers most heavily on this concept. Of course, it isn't totally my view of it, but his. It's probably most obvious by how I'm more extreme when it comes to how the imperfection of the world relates to deities (if any did exist). For me, I'd probably have ideal deities kill off the potential for stories. For Galaxian, even though he's not a totally ideal deity, his beliefs lie heavily in not interfering. Although it really does pain him to do so, he endures seeing the most painful aspects of humanity but does what he can. He tries to help tweak the mentality of people almost beyond help. He saves some on the brink of death, though not always. 
Can a almost-messiah-like godly figure truly coexist with a deeply flawed species that tries to become its own form of god? Which will meet its end first? I probably wouldn't arrive at anything close to the actual answer, but still, I'm interested in finding out.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 6, 2023 01:26:30  #8695

I guess being able to take notes on a single video is a start lol
At least this inspiration storm didn't come at a horrible time. So I can't say it was totally bad. The source of it wasn't as nice though.

Erik Erikson's parents either were totally unaware what they had named him or had a sense of humor I can relate to
Anyways I've just been here thinking how ErikErik was either wrong on the 1st psychosocial stage of his theory or I was just a naive lil dum-dum, 'cause if his theory were correct then I should have developed a lot of distrust, and I didn't. I had a lot of short-term fear but it didn't carry to the long-term at all really, and it's just weird
Also later on I developed some abandonment issues (plus some other things) but then got rid of them out of spite within a few years so that's there too. 
Is not needing therapy advanced, or just stupid? Knowing me, I actually lean towards the latter.
And I'd joke about it being semi-psychopathy, but actually it's not as extreme, so I think it could still be seen as normal. (Or ig that's what a psychopath might say. I hope not. I honestly don't have a very good grasp of psychopathy/sociopathy,,,)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 6, 2023 01:32:01  #8696

Me: (*exists*)
Family in China:  FREE TUTORING?

---

Tbh it's less tutoring and more "being able to solve problems while operating at their convenient times" (i.e. China daylight hours, which honestly is kinda my operating time but not exactly since what they'd prefer, their nighttime, is early daytime here lol)
Not to mention, I can't teach anyone anything lol. Maybe bad lessons on morality, I guess. But nothing else.
I also can't help lost causes.
I love how every time my mom reminds them I have a life (or at least have things of my own that I have to do, believe it or not) they're like "Oh yeah" like they hadn't ever thought of the prospect. I can't exactly convey it through a post but basically, they're all pretty different but say "Oh yeah" in the exact tone of voice, which is what makes it so funny.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 6, 2023 01:34:01  #8697

I like how I keep remembering stuff that I was supposed to know already, like how the Alternate and 0RES would psychologically not make sense (but then I remember that is literally the point)
Honestly this post is making up for something else I was gonna say on the Alternate, but I just completely forgot. Maybe it was imaginary scene set-up or something.
Edit: Also I still dunno what to do with my roleplaying thread, like I don't feel like archiving it but feel like its current state of inactivity is better too. Idk, I guess if you have thoughts on that, you could say something to make my opinion lean more in one direction.
Edit #2: I've also realized that it fits me better to talk to myself on a document I'll most likely never be able to find things in again compared to a semi-public thread that people might read. You would think that reactions would be the main component, but it seems that it's not it. But at the same time, I do want some sort of outlet to share weird thoughts. I just want it to be more filtered, y'know? Surprisingly.
Edit #3: Though I realize this homethread really is countering everything I am trying to say lol, ironic.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 6, 2023 01:42:10  #8698

Oh yeah, I remembered a random SS headcanon from over a month ago
Basically it was just the idea that Saga (good Saga) actually has a want to brag while Kanon is by nature more modest, which is funny because being humble or not has nothing to do with their "duality" of good and evil
In the forums world this would have manifested with Saga having a healthier outlet for that want by having a student figure, 'cause believe it or not forum!Galaxian is also quite easily wowed
On the darker side this fits in with canon Kanon (haha canon Kanon) having an inferiority complex and wanting to pull his brother down to his level, which is pretty dang dark and surprisingly deep for SS lol. (But seriously, I've always hated this aspect of his background and want to go after whomever set that stupid anti-twin tradition in Sanctuary. Like what the heck.)

Also today I just realized why the Gold Saints kinda act so stupid in their arc, 'cause if I were them I'd probably do the same. Imagine living 13 years under this weird political atmosphere after having being raised as a child soldier really, waiting for some destined enemy to appear while the goddess you serve was apparently killed as an infant by the older brother figure you and the others all shared. The inevitable war with the underworld god is coming up and honestly you are insanely bored because all the missions you're sent to are way too easy for you who can destroy islands and stars just by punching in one direction, but then come a bunch of teenagers who think they can somehow beat you and your fellow prodigies. If I were a Gold Saint I'd probably do stupid things like set up stupid labyrinths/challenges, make way too much of a deal out of my helmet, and make an unnecessarily cringe entrance too. 
So yeah, after all these years, I finally sympathize with these dorks. xD

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 6, 2023 01:49:05  #8699

Aside from the stupid logic behind why Kanon died in the Hades arc, I'd also like to point out how stupid the entire "Athena's love" message was in his story. She always had to save him right before he was about to drown. Which I get is necessary (or else he wouldn't have been able to feel her mercy or whatever if the water never actually got to a dangerous level) but still I'm pretty sure that's basically just torture
Like tactically it's genius since it's implied Kanon was pretty much throwing a tantrum for his entire villain arc (though he's 28 years old lmiao) and he also has the child soldier backstory like the others, but if you're trying to humanize Athena you just get that she was way too good at manipulating him back to her side. 
Big yikes lol.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 7, 2023 01:14:54  #8700

guess needing to spend hours on 10 pages of development for Berserker that came from 3 A.M. thoughts and then doing like 2 assignments counts as productive
The next half of the quarter ain't gonna be very fun will it (: oh well

But speaking of Berserker, I am this close to giving up, somehow I made him more OP. Logically this dude could finish a Holy Grail War even without the mana constraint I'm pretty sure. At least if he had reason to be efficient about it. 
I did make him more interesting though. (And harder to design.) Which is good because GGaD!him is mostly for bullying [: jk he could also splinter my skull with a flower petal
I am very excited about the AU but my logical side also reminds me that I'm excited because of fluff, not plot. Oh well. 
Maybe I can pretend I'm good at plot by being good at flashbacks, hmm? (((: [(':]

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera