GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 24, 2022 10:25:29  #781

Re: Time's Boardhost Homethread - Time's Boardhost Homethread

Time wrote:

On a totally different random note, do any of you guys know of and good shows/books/any stories with large main casts? Like, the main "team" has like 10 or so characters or something. And all the characters still get development and stuff.

uhh do you want a video game recommendation/example? I know a series that has a very large main cast [more than 10] but the games are pretty long 
The thing with a big main cast is that chances are, not everyone has an equal opportunity to shine but for me that's fine as long as they get some time in the spotlight

Autumn (she/her)
probably haven't logged in a while but I do promise I check up on this place occasionally

June 25, 2022 13:18:05  #782

Thank you once again, Tuti. I'll tell you if I ever pick one of these books up, but right now I'm just thinking of stories with large casts.

I'm taking any form of story Autumn.

As I said, I'm just wondering for examples of stories with many main cast characters. I feel like when it comes to being able to develop large main casts, I feel that video games can do that stuff pretty well.

Though it might have more to do with the length of the story rather than the medium itself.

Last edited by Time (June 25, 2022 13:19:19)

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

June 28, 2022 00:57:38  #783

I've been pondring my decreased activity.

I think it's just bc I'm busy during the summer as well, but sometimes I just forgor about this place existing for a bit. Maybe it's due to fascinations of video games I'm looking forward to play to rn.

I just should check my feed here more often though.

Time

June 28, 2022 12:17:19  #784

yes pls don't forget us I'd be sad if you did

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

June 28, 2022 14:51:22  #785

I'd be sad at myself if I did too.

Time

June 29, 2022 00:39:04  #786

Isn't it wacky that sometimes you can almost instantly recognize tunes you haven't listened to in years.

Just today I was just browsing yt and I heard as some bgm in a video a custom battle theme for a dnd show I used to watch. Like the theme wasn't even really my favorite, it's just that I for some reason I recognized it. Like even before the most notifying characteristics of the music revealed itself.

Time

June 29, 2022 22:26:05  #787

Sometimes stuff stays hidden in memories for years lol I relate

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ
pjytlñhfñksfjgnm dfmghkdhldk

July 1, 2022 18:44:35  #788

I just realized a thing I'm going to for a month is much closer than expected.

Time

July 1, 2022 19:02:13  #789

Ok Galaxian, you did indeed have the right vibe or info or guess or whatever on me, because yes I am doing a sciency program over the summer.

I'll be doing things and stuff for about a month. Idk if my activity will increase or decrease while I'm there.

Time

July 1, 2022 19:12:32  #790

Ha. Knew it. :3
Good luck for whatever you're doing! In case you'll be extra sparse during that month, just gonna say that I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer!

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

July 2, 2022 16:03:39  #791

Ah, thank you Galaxian, but I should be fine and be back at some point. But yes I hope your summer goes well too!

Time

July 3, 2022 23:04:31  #792

I got sick yesterday

Still sick today

Time

July 3, 2022 23:04:49  #793

Just have been lying in bed the whole day

Time

July 3, 2022 23:11:56  #794

RIP hope you feel better soon

Edit: Eat soup and drink water

Last edited by Echo (July 3, 2022 23:12:12)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

July 4, 2022 17:32:51  #795

Oomph. Sending you good wishes! Be sure to rest up, stay hydrated, and all that jazz. Hope you get better soon!

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 4, 2022 17:53:21  #796

It's been looking up, so that's good.

Time

July 4, 2022 17:55:30  #797

Nice! That's good to hear.
Try not to spend too much time on a screen. I know I'm one to be speaking but xD, I hear it's better for you that way.
Sending digital soup! 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 5, 2022 19:40:23  #798

No you see Galaxian, I'm young, and therefore I need to have an internet IV so no.

But yeah I've been staying away a bit more. Just taking more rest, if you see with the activity on the forum here.

Time

July 5, 2022 20:30:50  #799

I totally forgot it's almost my birthday lol.

Thinking of it. Its kinda sad.

Time

July 6, 2022 18:37:03  #800

How so?

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 6, 2022 19:25:26  #801

Most of the times my birthday passed for me as more or less a normal day in the summer. I didn't really care much for it or savored it. Especially the more "landmark" birthdays. I didn't really do anything. I didn't really ask for any emotional presents or anything of the sort. And I think that's mostly good, since I usually don't want any  uneeded stuff cluttering my space. But now it kinda feels a bit sad when you don't have any thoughtful gifts you use everyday. I kinda wished I did at least a little something as well.

I wish I could do a little something this one too, but I'm not going to. I'll be in my special little program by then and I'll be spending all of it away from friends and family. I'll be the first Birthday I spend "alone". I put quotations because I ofc there will be other people there, but I wouldn't really know them.

Usually I like being alone, but at times it kinda sucks. Like at fieldtrips, you don't have anyone to hang out with or laugh with. Or in video games, you can't play any co-op or team games really. Overall, it sometimes feels like you just make less memories.

I think that may be the crook of it. I don't make very many memories. Or at least very many that you could reminisce with others about. And maybe bdays are becoming a little bit of a reminder to me that I haven't really made as much as I could have. Of course this may be all speculation and in reality I do make the normal amount of memories a person makes for my age.

But yeah that's my theory that my upcoming birthday makes me feel a bit down. Alone, no special gifts/uneventful, and memories.

Time

July 6, 2022 19:27:13  #802

I suppose then I'll have to make it memorable and enjoy then! Obviously!

Sorry for all that writing. Your questions (even quite simple ones like this) seem to get me thinking sometimes, Galaxian. Thanks.

Time

July 6, 2022 22:36:38  #803

I realize in my special program I will literally have no free time at all so nothing but.

I feel kinda pissed that I'll have zero free time. I'm going to see what I can push and get away with. I feel i'll not be alone, so it'll be fun.

Or maybe in the info stuff they were appearing Strict so that in the actual thing, they just can have more a favorable setting, and will loosen up a slight bit.

Time

July 7, 2022 00:13:22  #804

Well, hey, think about it this way. Presuming you're paying, then you'd want to be paying to do stuff that you can't do at home, right? Like relaxing.
This makes me sound so unfun, xD. But definitely bring some things you can do for fun on your own, just in case. Otherwise, approaching the experience with an open mind definitely can't be detrimental. And at the very least...at least it's academic, better than a prison. :-P
Let us know if you've got stories you'll want to share! Happy early birthday, by the way, and stay safe. And if you decide to celebrate your birthday a little late, let us know if you want, too.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 7, 2022 02:19:40  #805

That is true. It's just I'm worried that there will be too much of doing something for me. I observed I get really easily drained, grumpy and whatnot when I'm doing lots of things and while I'm constantly busy. Or maybe that was simply because I was being dragged around by a extended family member doing activities that I didn't really care for. Or maybe it was all of the out of the blue decision making.

Oh yeah. That's the thing. I was planning to do stuff I find fun on my own time. That's what I normally do during my freetime. But apparently it's going to be so busy it's more or less going to be getting up, then academic stuff, then other random stuff, then go to sleep, and then repeat. With barely anytime for yourself in between, or at least that is what they say. I feel like that is some exaggeration since ofc there will be small amounts of downtime like preping for bed, meals, traveling of any sort, but they basically said you will be getting little to no time whatsoever to yourself and you will not be enjoying any of your other hobbies.

I do try to keep an open mind, but it's easier said than done. Especially when the q&a zoom webinar felt more like a long list of what you can't do.

*insert snide comment on how schools/academic things is equivalent to prison*

Time

July 7, 2022 02:27:33  #806

Also thanks for the b day wishes Galaxian. I don’t really expect you guys to give me really anything for my bday. Because I don't. I'm too slow at art for that and I wouldn't know what to put out.

But I know on the chance that someone does give something to me, I'd be very grateful. I wouldn't know really how to put it into words, but idk. I'll probably edit this to be better describing the feeling,  but I think I'd feel a smile and a positive warmth in me.

Plus to be honest. I'm also really bad at remembering other people's, well, anything. Name, bday, stuff like that.

Time

July 9, 2022 22:12:20  #807

When I'm going to be at that summer program I've been talking about I won't be able to use digital art to draw. I don't think I'll have enough time.

Now normally this wouldn't be a big deal, but I usually need to draw to help envision characters and locations when it comes to their design. And I've been in a creative mood.

I'm so sad 

Time

July 9, 2022 22:17:14  #808

RIP

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

July 10, 2022 18:43:14  #809

First day at summer program, it'll last for a while. Let's see how it goes!

Time

July 11, 2022 01:27:27  #810

First day went pretty good! I'm waiting for the social exhaustion and homesickness to kick in whenever. Maybe I'll be able to see how long I'll last

Time

Board footera