GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 15, 2022 04:42:39  #1

Plot Arc/Concept

Alright firstly hi y’all, nice to be here again after such a long hiatus. Hope everyone is well. This was initially posted on discord however due to suggestions from Galaxian and Time I’m posting it here in the hope of it reaching more people.
-
Eternal is currently bound to a location. It’s kind of like a pocket dimension but with some differences. Said setting is an arena (large-scale colluseum style) surrounded by a bit of desert that loops back into itself (if you kept walking you’d just end up on the other side of the arena) there are small living/rest quarters, lots of space for spectators etc.

Beings, mostly deities are bound to the arena to fight (not always to the death) and Eternal amongst others is trying to find a way out. Effectively, Nox is using part of Eternal’s magic mixed with some of her own power to bind the beings there. People come to spectate regularly but people who haven’t been or been invited don’t know, it’s not talked about? something along those lines. 

I was thinking that other deities may also get temporarily ‘bound’ and also fight, try to find a way out etc. Thought it would make for some interesting interactions and combat between deities as well as some plot material. Obviously this really depends on people’s views on it and whether they’d want to take part with their characters.
-
Galxian pointed out that this may not work with deities that can traverse through dimensions, however, since Nox’s magic mostly revolves around cancelling out/nullifying other deities abilities, I think this could be worked out. Galaxian also pointed out that this sounds somewhat more like an AU, but considering how relevant it is to my character’s lore, I would like to keep it within the main rp.

Interested to know what people think and whether they would include their characters?

Ephemeris
>>>><<<<
she/her | ambivert | signature in progress

May 15, 2022 04:44:55  #2

Re: Plot Arc/Concept

Ark would love this. I also think it’s pretty cool.

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

May 15, 2022 04:56:31  #3

Great! And thanks : )

Last edited by Effervescence (May 15, 2022 04:56:43)

Ephemeris
>>>><<<<

May 15, 2022 14:13:39  #4

Yeah, as I said before in the discord, really interesting!

Mayybeee some deity deaths too? It could just be random ones, but still it would be quite conflicting, I would think.

Have you thought of any exact reasons as to why Nox would be doing this? Just wondering

Last edited by Time (May 15, 2022 14:13:49)

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

May 15, 2022 17:18:29  #5

Sorry, this might be a tad of a long post, so feel free to stop reading if you feel like doing so, lol.
The biggest problem that I see with this still has to be with deities' abilities. From what I've observed, it's generally been established that when those abilities are connected to their domains, other deities don't have the ability to influence those domains, other than just removing deityhood outright, which I presume isn't the case here. And of course there's the fact that the negation would be too convenient. The deities can fight with their powers but can't use whatever facets of their abilities to do the singular action of leaving? Suspension of disbelief is definitely valid, but it feels a little off in this case, seeing as how powerful the entities we're dealing with are (at least in comparison to people in similar plots, who are usually just...people. If you get what I mean). 
Another problem is, practically speaking, what would happen to Forengard if most of the active deities (the ones with good intentions) are gone, even if momentarily. I'm not saying it's impossible for them to be bound, but I think it might be unwise if the deities are all bound to the place only, because it's very unlikely that this plot would be short enough for that to not have repercussions. As just one example, it feels like the perfect opportunity for the Corrupted Deities to wreak havoc, and it also feels like even if Nox is allied with the CDs or something, that would be entirely too convenient, something that the CDs should have come up with already. And personally speaking, I've used the concept of Nullification before, so I would think that it's probably not the first time a deity/entity with powers on the tier of a god would be able to do this. It's most likely impractical to elevate a certain domain above all others, even if there does exist, to an extent, a current imbalance between domains.

By this point, you can obviously just tell me to go away lol, but what I'd suggest is that the deities have a reason for focusing on this little "pocket dimension" outside of "we can't get out." One, that gives deities who can leave a reason to stay, if they haven't figured out another one already, and two, it makes more sense to me, realistically speaking, in terms of how the GGaD world works. Just throwing out (probably bad) ideas here, but for instance, what if this pocket dimension has garnered some sort of property that could influence the rest of Forengard that deities need to unite to stop? In this case, maybe the people who have already been fighting inside the dimension, many of whom I presume are deities, have resulted in a buildup of a phenomenon that no singular deity could stop at this point--one that could influence Forengard catastrophically--and Nox's negation-related powers have made it so this accumulation hasn't been able to be detected up to now or something like that. I just feel generally that plots are usually better when characters have some will in what they decide to do since, not to sound too evil here, when they inevitably screw up, the consequences are bigger compared to something that happens when they couldn't help it outright.

----

I think I had more to say, but I'll cut it there for now. I think those are the main points.
Personally speaking, I would love to participate if I have the time, but I am very worried about my capability to ruin plots, which is a very real thing. So, it's probably better if I'm on the sidelines, at least for a long time. I have very valid reasons for why Galaxian wouldn't dabble in this sort of thing, so it could be said I have more reasons for him to not participate compared to him participating. 
That being said, I could have him participate...but the thing is, I'd put so much in my own hands that I think that might frustrate others. So, I've explained some things below to see if that helps in clarifying my perspective.
On Galaxian's end, his overall motive would be to help others, as usual. If he were to decide that direct participation would be both practical and the best way to go about accomplishing this, he'd do so. But for him, there isn't really any way for me to avoid having him being able to leave the pocket dimension. If nothing else, he is the god of the Cosmos, which means that he's able to travel anywhere in the, well, cosmos. And even that aside, one of his abilities is creating multiple forms of himself, which means that he can be multiple places in the same time.
That being said, seeing as Nox is unfamiliar with him, there is the possibility that he could create a form of himself specifically for this pocket dimension so that requirements are met. That singular form would be bound to the place, if you decide to keep that aspect. I don't consider him to be a powerful deity in terms of combat, either, but in that aspect, I think he'd probably also balance that by eliminating at least one of his domains' influences on that form only. By doing so, that form is easier for him to sustain. And I think that, no matter the situation, the domain that's best temporarily removed for him is the domain over life, which makes it a little easier for him in terms of just generally staying conscious. 
To summarize, if it's okay for me to participate, I'll try to keep within the confines of what you dictate as the creator of this plot, but if nothing else, I do hope that you consider some of the points I've brought up, given that they are actually worth considering. And I hope this post overall was actually somewhat helpful this time. I tried, at least. xD
Good luck to everyone participating! I hope you have fun. It's definitely an interesting idea, and I hope that what I've said doesn't imply that I view otherwise.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

May 16, 2022 04:37:24  #6

No worries Galaxian!

I appreciate you taking the time to give all that feedback. I think the point you made about there being a secondary motive to remain in the dimension is especially interesting, and even if that isn’t used, I think you’re right about the need to reinforce the plot more than simply binding deities.

As for whether GGaD Galaxian participates that is entirely up to you. I understand that his powers etc. could cause quite a few difficulties as you explained, and once the backbone of the plot is more established I’d be more than happy to make a discussion thread to try and work out some of the ins and outs of that, but I also don’t want to pressure you into joining too much if you don’t feel it fits with the character etc.

I would like to address the reference you made to Nox potentially being in league with the CDs, as this is actually the case. Although I haven’t yet found the exact place it was discussed (a long time ago, before I left the forums I think) there was an (agreement?) where I asked if she could have been the one to create the CDs in the first place. Don’t hold me to this too much, as my memory is somewhat hazy and not concrete until I can find said thread.

I thought that maybe the appearance/creation of the CDs generated like, a heck of a lot of energy, especially with all the chaos and stuff they caused. I think it might help if Nox also tapped into that in order to strengthen the ability to bind the deities in that way, as although the energy from one (and a half?) deities probbably wouldn’t be enough to hold that many deities there, the energy from the CDs might.

This is only one idea and really I need to sit down and flesh out the concept a bit more, but I will be exploring some of the points you made further and see if they resolve the fundamental plot issues. 

If I forgot to address any of the other points you made feel free to reiterate them. Sorry if I did miss any.

You activated formal british email language lmao

Ephemeris
>>>><<<<

May 16, 2022 10:06:14  #7

Thanks for the consideration! Yeah, I think I'll keep Galaxi out for now. He's never been one for being at the forefront; in Chinese, he's better at 把关ing (real helpful of me, I know). As of now, it makes more sense for him to focus on protecting the main sectors. He trusts the other deities in terms of resolving situations, since they're more mature and experienced than him, and overall it's a better focus for him, especially considering the threats he knows are there.
However, if any of y'all do need him for something specific, let me know and I can do that. He's not one for leadership, but he can do some supply sending and loyalty-based protection, just to list two examples. (And if any deity meetings are needed, he can coordinate those as well. He has handy domains, lol.)
I do think that it would really help this plot if we had better contact with the people involved in the CD plot, especially Xenon, since from what I recall we were basically planning the climax of the plot, and any role Nox would have in it would probably be better coordinated due to that. The plot here seems pretty important, and it feels like if it were combined with what we already had planned, the uncorrupted deities would definitely be lambasted for bad planning (again), but I guess we can go with whatever and work out any issues later.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 16, 2022 14:25:01  #8

I think that would work out quite well, as while the other characters are mucking around in the arena, Galaxian would able to maintain the order of rest of Forengard, at least for a while. There’s nothing stopping you from entering different characters if you wanted to still have some involvement anyway.

I’ve reached out to Xenon, who else was most closely involved with the CDs plot? You’re definitely right about their input being needed. Is discord or boardhost better for you? Xenon doesn’t have a preference.

Ephemeris
>>>><<<<

May 16, 2022 14:53:42  #9

Yep! Less work for me and more work for him B) (though I'm mostly relying on NPC deities, to be fully honest; there's no way he could manage as one entity. He can screw things up real fast.)

Thanks for reaching out to Xenon, by the way! And as my response to what you asked, I actually wasn't very involved with the plot at all (I mostly just did my annoying personal summarization thing as a spectator, which I have been conveniently showcasing to you), so I'm not too sure who was involved. Mockingjay left both the roleplay and its server. I guess Chan? I do know that Time was involved with it (he has two CD characters, one of which was originally a character of Mockingjay's), as was Specter (for their first deity, Bixbite), so asking them would probably be more practical compared to me lol.
And Boardhost is more convenient for me (since I have access to it more often and can type my annoyingly constructed sentences at a much faster speed), so thank you for directing him here lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 16, 2022 14:58:06  #10

Well isn’t that a mood. I too, am remarkably good at messing things up lmao

I’ll certainly ask Time, Chan and Spec. I think the main one is definitely Xenon though as the CD plot was theirs. 

Ephemeris
>>>><<<<

May 16, 2022 15:08:52  #11

Hey all!
It's been a hot minute since i thought about CD plot stuff, so I don't remember everything i had plotted out. The gist of it was that Oganesson was raising an undead army from the Mortem Doors to eliminate deities who weren't corrupted, I think. Here is the link to the Mortem Doors wiki page, for reference. 

I like the ideas of what I've skimmed through so far, and while I don't completely understand everything about this, I have a couple of ideas for what might be so enticing about Eternal's domain. Also, are the CDs involved because Nox is one, or just as an idea for the importance of the domain?

xenon 
he/him || 19 || god of scones || your local rebel noble gas

May 16, 2022 15:17:26  #12

Thanks! I’ve been digging through some of the old pages and threads to get a reminder of the plot.

Thanks. I’m definitely interested in those ideas (I haven’t come up with any I’m happy with yet)

CDs are involved partly because Nox is one, and also because of the implications Galaxian mentioned of a good proportion of Forengard’s active deities disappearing to another dimension. Also wanted to clarify whether Nox ‘creating/causing’ the CDs ever actually became canon, or whether it was just discussed.

Ephemeris
>>>><<<<

May 16, 2022 15:22:59  #13

i remember hearing about nox potentially being the source, but i think it wasn't ever put in canon. i think people had their own concepts/ideas for how and why deities corrupted so putting it into a single point/source didn't make sense for lore reasons. but yeah, active deities disappearing to another dimension would probably cause CDs (if they weren't zapped) to try and take advantage while they have free reign

xenon 

May 16, 2022 15:31:32  #14

Fine by me- just wanted to double check as my memory is abyssmal and I honestly wasn’t sure if I was just remembering wrong. Thanks for clarifying

I mean, it all depends on whether people want to include their CDs as well. I did think however, that so many of the deities in one place could cause some issues with forengard (i.e. issues with reality like gravity not working in some places, random objects and mortals appearing and disappearing, etc.), and deities having to work out how to fix it. That could definitely be an incentive for them to stay and try to find something in the dimension to fix that.

Ephemeris
>>>><<<<

May 16, 2022 15:37:39  #15

Effervescence wrote:

I did think however, that so many of the deities in one place could cause some issues with forengard (i.e. issues with reality like gravity not working in some places, random objects and mortals appearing and disappearing, etc.), and deities having to work out how to fix it. That could definitely be an incentive for them to stay and try to find something in the dimension to fix that.

wait, are they trapped there? because if not, wouldn't them just leaving be able to fix it?

overall i don't see this as super plausible to begin with, because we've had events with deities all in the same place (meetings, battles, parties) and there were no effects on forengard. 

xenon 

May 16, 2022 15:41:57  #16

There’s still a bit of an ongiong discussion as to whether they’re actually trapped there or whether there should be a different motive. 

A very good point- I was thinking about what Galaxian said about impact of the deities getting whisked off, but hadn’t considered that. Yes, I think in hindisght that was a poor idea.

Tbh I have to go now anyway due to it being late in my timezone but I’ll come up with a few more ideas soon and bring them back here. Im sure between you, Galaxian. and I, we can come up with a more plausible idea.

Ephemeris
>>>><<<<

May 16, 2022 15:45:13  #17

alright! i'll think of some as well—hope you sleep well!

xenon 

May 16, 2022 15:46:03  #18

Thanks. Hope you and Galaxian enjoy the rest of your day.

Ephemeris
>>>><<<<

May 16, 2022 16:18:55  #19

Good night, Effervescence!
Just to be clear, all quality idea generation is coming from you guys, since the brain I usually have is the 3 A.M. version that doesn't actually work

But to continue on with the (yet again) long post I was making, I thought that the CDs might be related to this because it feels like regardless of Nox's personal motives, the idea itself feels too good to be something apart from what the CDs would scheme. It felt as if some cooperation between the two parties--if they're even that separate--should definitely be there. Nox is able to do something that the CDs can't do, somehow, which is to confine a large number of uncorrupted deities to a little dimension, whether physically (so they can't leave) or by other means (so they have a reason for why they can't leave and need to deal with the situation very quickly; maybe connected to the prior reason, or maybe not. Maybe they can leave, but every time someone leaves like that, something very discouraging happens. Dunno. This part's probably on Nox). Meanwhile, the CDs definitely would want to split the deities up at the very least to increase their odds of success and decrease possible losses as well. Nox's capabilities would mean that they could try to wipe out the deities on the mainland and eventually deal with the trapped ones later. It might be a win-win scenario for the two parties, and so it might make sense for them to have coordinated something rather than being separate from each other, regardless of whether Nox is a Corrupted Deity herself or not.
But another issue that follows the above is why Nox is able to do the above. And I know I'm a hypocrite in this regard, but perhaps because I am, I feel like Nox isn't the first deity to have powers/abilities related to nullification, and the same stands for other abilities (of Eternal's and et cetera) that may have combined to result in whatever effect has manifested. So, even given that the dimension is constructed through collaboration (intentional or not), it feels off that now is the time that this would happen. Neither Nox nor the CDs are particularly new to Forengard, so it feels like this sort of scheme would have been hatched way before the present, or at least some precursor would have emerged long ago in the past, making it a little dubious that what will happen is so far away from said precursor. 
Unless, of course, there is a reason why now is the perfect time...?
It might not even be as dramatic as I'm implying. Maybe these morally questionable entities just thought this would be a really good time to mess things up even more and waited just to see how much the uncorrupted deities wouldn't do in preparation for their plans. But this could be made more complex if you wanted it. I personally specialize in going off of things that shouldn't work and making excuses until they do. I don't show that ability often, but it's real fun.

Now I awkwardly end there because my train of thought decided to swerve off the railings and gracelessly tumble all the way down the bridge :')

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 16, 2022 22:13:14  #20

Woah a lot of stuff happened

Ok so sorry if you guys thought of putting this out already, I looked through the things written but I think I might have to read them again, but I had a thought:

What if Nox's domain/pocket dimension actually instead holds this really powerful item that may be some sort of key to the mortem doors (unlikely since Morath controls them) or maybe something that would turn the tides of war?

Well, then why would it be in Nox's domain? Well, what if Nox had originally found it or something and took the area as her domain, adding nullification and whatnot?

Idk how arrogant the CDs are, but what if, knowing they are in possession of this object, thought it was a perfect idea to get rid of some deities? So they reveal the location of the object to the deities, and the deities, knowing full well that it's a trap, send some of them into the "nullification zone".

At the nullification zone, there are CD(s) waiting to crush the depowered deities, and since I assume Nox can choose who is nullified and who isn't, these CDs are at normal power or something. Chaos ensues. We could also make the colosseum area super super big so there can be downtimes and not every pov there will be constant fighting.

Also I was thinking randomly that if Galaxian would be apart of this plot and be on the sidelines he could maybe be like an outside voice talking in like how you see in the movies where there's some analyst character giving the main character info about what's going down.

Time

May 16, 2022 22:14:56  #21

I kinda just threw up these ideas and posted them so by all means they are not clean or exact in any way. They're just ideas.

But essentially what I was thinking was maybe there's an object there that both sides seek? And that's a good reason for both sides to send in people?

But maybe only deities may enter since there's something blocking (maybe most? idk) mortals out or something?

Last edited by Time (May 16, 2022 22:15:36)

Time

May 16, 2022 22:57:27  #22

Lol Galaxian as the plot convenience/exposition guy xD

I do think that if what's happening has greater stakes outside of just the entire situation this plot causes--as in the uncorrupted deities will lose extremely badly if anything goes wrong, really--then it's probably a wiser decision to have Nox not as coordinated with the CDs, with some reason as to why she wouldn't be on their side entirely. Or else, you know, with that much power vested in one deity, the CDs will probably have the ultimate advantage, both power-wise in the dimension and in overall benefit of the situation. (If they win even just within the dimension, the uncorrupted deities would basically be done for in terms of both outcomes; meanwhile, the uncorrupted deities would have to win from inside the pocket dimension and then somehow return to Forengard to deal with what's happening there, too. Overall just a terribly unfun time. But it does heighten drama, and would showcase coincidentally genius planning by the CDs, so overall, it depends on what you guys would want to do to our poor unsuspecting uncorrupted deity characters.)
And if this plot has strong connections to the CD plot, it would make more sense for mortals to be blocked, as Time mentioned. I doubt the corrupted deities would be quite as merciful towards mortals working against them in a situation that matters to them, and again, these mortals are very killable (while not being able to kill deities). Maybe while Nox was running the test run, mortals were there, but for the serious event, it probably makes sense for only deities to be involved for the most part. Unless Nox just wants random mortals killed unfairly, of course. In which case I cannot stop her.
All of this is making me realize how I haven't really seen how Ephemeris was as a character, so I'm kinda just presuming she's (Nox, that is) worse for now. This plot really does lean on her motives and how far she's willing to go for those motives, so everything else is kinda just an option until that is taken into consideration.
I did look back at Ephemeris' form, though, and it looks like I might have severely overestimated the range by which she can nullify powers directly as well as what powers she is able to nullify. It seems that she is limited to magic (as a deity of magic) and anything resembling a shield, which furthers my assumption that the extent of nullification she might be performing in this case is tied to more than just her inherent powers as a deity.
Overall, it'd be helpful to me personally if the information about Nox in her form (as Ephemeris with mentioned changes applied) is verified or clarified upon, since it gives us a better idea of what she might do as well as what she's capable of doing on her own (imagine if there's this powerful, collaborative nullification effect, but then the deities figure out she's one shatterpoint of that effect, target her, and the whole thing goes anticlimatic lol), but given that her backstory might have a big role in this, I understand if that information can't be offered as well.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 16, 2022 23:07:08  #23

By the way, which deities can even participate in this? I know Time and Ark will probably be there, but I am unironically blanking on anyone else. Chronos' magic isn't fully recovered (and Eliza hasn't posted here yet either), but it feels like her going with Time definitely wouldn't be a safe option (which is kind of my concern on Time's participation, with his concern about his sister and possibility that he'll have to use what he might see as less reliable methods to try to keep her safe). And iirc, Ark (possible spoiler for the CD plot?)

had the potential to go traitor, even if temporarily

, which isn't an ideal situation when we're sending in a limited number of uncorrupted deities in the first place (not to mention that Time's corrupted version might be there as well, which already counterbalances what he can do to a pretty great extent).
And even for forumers who are currently inactive in terms of roleplaying, I can't really think of any dependable deity allies coming from them. Specter has one inactive deity and then one corrupted deity (Shatter), which obviously doesn't help with the above.  Echo's characters both have plot going on that could make things worse if exploited by the CDs (in my interpretation), in the event that either/both of their two deities were to get involved in this, and then someone else (who is currently inactive) has an inactive deity and a corrupted deity who exists somewhere in Forengard, which is kinda the same situation as that with Specter's characters.
Generally speaking, I am just not seeing a very good battle plan for the uncorrupted deities lol. We have a bunch of physically and/or emotionally vulnerable people, a Forengard to try to keep in shape, and general Problems both inside and outside This Plot, Related Plots, and Plots in General (TM). If this is true, then we might have to make some fundamental changes to how the plot centers on deities just to get more characters in, but I currently don't really know what that would look like.

Lol GGaD!Time just speedruns the entire thing

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 17, 2022 00:44:15  #24

Ik right having galaxian be the guy giving out the plot would be funny.

I mean it'd be pretty heroic and cool for Time to stand against multiple deities consecutively and alone.

But I think that is an unrealistic dream that only I would be dreaming of.

But hey, nice for a change where the deities are for once outnumbered. Like I remember this one fight where everyone was basically dunking on Shatter it was so one sided lol. None of that anymore.

Ofc this still just waiting for more input from others

Maybe we can let some demigods in?? I don't have any but does anyone else lol?

Time

May 17, 2022 05:44:59  #25

demigods would be a good idea, if that would work

maybe some gods could send in a proxy or something that they could control from the outside? Like a temporary duplicate of themselves, or something

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

May 17, 2022 12:30:25  #26

Oh, Time, I think I remember seeing that thread and being so confused about how it was planned xD. I could barely tell it was supposed to be a fight
I have one demigod in mind, but it wouldn't make sense for them to join, unless someone else makes a bad(?) decision on their behalf. I'll think about it and ask about that if I need to. 
Generally speaking, in terms of what my characters could contribute, it makes more sense to keep them outside the dimension. I think that Lianhuan would be most likely to be able to accompany Time, as his existence is a loophole to the immortality rule, but he might not be able to effectively make a difference in terms of his ability to do so, and also it's implied that angsting him comes later in the general plot.

For the proxy idea Axel suggested, I'm concerned about a multitude of circumstance-related things about that, since proxy creation might rely on magic, which could be nullified or even taken control of. The above would be especially bad if proxy creation relies on splitting a deity's powers up to do so. 
On that note, Galaxian does have the ability to give powers to others, with form creation being one such power. That would mean that other deities wouldn't have to use their own powers to create proxies. However, he doesn't like doing this, because although those other deities would be guaranteed to have the ability to create their own forms without interference, those powers largely become separate from him. The implications of that in this situation, in turn, mean that if a deity he gives that power to uses that power incorrectly, then he has no control over the consequences until after they and their forms leave the dimension. And you can see how big of a problem this might become.
'Course, he could also add more restrictions via his domains (loyalty especially), and the number of forms that can be created by others depends on their ability to sustain those forms (he has a limit on the number of forms he can spread himself), so this option isn't entirely impractical. But it definitely carries a level of risk to the larger situation and to him, so it's unlikely to be something he'd suggest unless under extreme duress to do so.
I dunno. In terms of roleplaying, I'm not sure if you guys particularly like roleplaying so many forms of the same character, either. I seem to be the one fixated on doing so. So, even in terms of roleplaying, I don't know if it's a pragmatic option. Do let me know your thoughts on it, though. If we can't incorporate many other characters, it might be a valid option to use, given more thought and planning is put into it to make it less risky, more interesting, and whatnot.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 17, 2022 14:46:30  #27

Alright so that was one heck of a lot to read through but I’ll (try?) and address some of the stuff in order.

Firstly, as far as Nox is concerned, she is effectively drawing power from Eternal (who commands strong soul magic, potentially enough to bind deities to the location, if we do decide to go down that route) and mixing it with her own to augement the effects, as her powers are mostly focused on the redirection/nullification of magical energy.

I think a lot of the points Time suggested are worth looking into further- I like the idea that there is some artifact of immense power in said dimension, and that potentially instead of being trapped in the conventional sense there is instead sme kind of strong discouragement for leaving, and of course the incentive to find the power artifact. I think it could possibly even be the combined power of numerous artifacts (this reminds me of infinity stones lmao) or the artifact is fragmented somehow, to make it a little harder than simply grabbing said artifact and running off.

I think like Time said it would be interesting for the uncorrupted deities to be outnumbered for a change, though there would have to be some kind of advantage to prevent the uncorrupted deities from just getting pummeled.

I would like to mention that there is a species/race endemic to the dimension that would lean much more into the ‘good’ side. Although they are mortal I did plan to make a demigod of the race, however, I don’t think that one demigod is going to help a great deal tbh. Said species are called the Sanur for reference, and I will submit a form for them soon. There aren’t tons of Sanur about, they are a fairly small species.

Nox certainly doesn’t have any problems with killing mortals but she doesn’t really go out of her way to do so. I don’t think the proxy idea quite sits right to be honest, but others may disagree.

Questgiver Galaxian Lmao

Ephemeris
>>>><<<<

May 17, 2022 14:52:37  #28

Also couple more notes. It’s not really Nox’s domain. but I guess she could take it as her domain temporarily? The artifact thing would also explain Nox's disappearance- she could have been looking for it.

I can’t actually stay for long tonight so I’m just gonna dump this and leave lol. I’ll check it tommorow evening or maybe in the morning if I’m not super groggy.

Last edited by Effervescence (May 17, 2022 14:55:34)

Ephemeris
>>>><<<<

May 17, 2022 15:38:09  #29

No problem, thanks for dropping in lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 17, 2022 21:54:39  #30

Hiii I wanna say I read through this.
I don't have much to say rn but if there's any questions directed to me just @ me here and I'll try my best to reply soon!
I like the idea in general so if stuff gets worked out I'd love to find a way to participate, although my roleplaying activity is kinda limited at the moment and I'm not particularly known for faring well in public plot threads xD

Sleep well Ephemeris <3 and an awesome thank you to everyone in this thread, it's been a while since I last saw some cool planning like this and I love it.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ
pjytlñhfñksfjgnm dfmghkdhldk

Board footera