GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 14, 2022 23:07:08  #91

Re: RP Intro, Forms, & Approval [GGaD]

Hey hey

I accept thy form, under the condition ofc that I get to see more of that good good character and idea development! I'm looking forward to it!

Oh also btw if you could post any plot disscussion stuff you have here in the boardhost as well so everyone can see that would also be pretty cool too.

Last edited by Time (May 14, 2022 23:10:58)

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

May 15, 2022 04:35:59  #92

Thanks Time. I’ll make a post for the plot stuff now!

Ephemeris
>>>><<<<
she/her | ambivert | signature in progress

August 12, 2022 22:53:10  #93

Name: Kaori 
*Nickname(s): I dunno, just add “UwU” to his name or something. Kaori UwU. You could also stretch out his name. Ka-o-ri~! (*All sing-songy*) Kaori-chan~!
*Age: Physically around 16 and chronologically older than Hitan (early 20s); mental age ambiguous/up to interpretation
Pronouns: He/him 
Orientation: Panromantic asexual
Species: He seems to be human.
*Deity He Works For: Sorry, he’s barely employed in the first place. 

Appearance: Kaori is a slight young man of teenage age who currently stands around 5’ 5’’ or so, with an overly skinny frame that he is trying to fill up more. He is better described as cute rather than handsome, with soft facial features such as a relatively small nose with a dainty nose arch, pale rosy lips, unprominent double eyelids, rounded-out edges, and an overall boyish face that doesn’t quite lend to the feeling of him nearly being an adult. Coupled with his (seemingly?) short height and comparative frailty, one may feel as if he is someone who needs protection. His overall complexion is rather pale by nature, though it is currently much paler than it would normally be, and he can seem somewhat tired by first impression as a result. He is normally with an unreserved expression on his face, unguarded and easy to read as a person. (He seems to be at least somewhat aware of this fact but doesn’t seem to see it as a bad thing.) 
His hair is fluffy and wavy, and it curls around the bottom edges. Because of that wavy nature, his hair is likely longer than how it otherwise seems, which is at collarbone length in the front and rounding out further near the back. In terms of color, it is technically described as black but could be better said to be a dark brown. As with the rest of his person, it gives a rather soft impression, though he actually needs a bit of a haircut as of current, with even his bangs being a little overgrown (and that’s considering how plentiful they usually are too). Meanwhile, his eyes are light brown with a slight tint of gold, being pure and brilliant despite their overall unimpressive color. They used to draw a number of compliments when he was young, but his actual best feature is undoubtedly his smile, as it is with so many other people in the world. 
At present, his only consistent accessory of sorts is a plain, darkly colored military cloak, which doesn’t even fit him all that well. Otherwise, Kaori mostly wears whatever he can get his hands on, not being very picky at all in general. However, he does have a tendency to wear long sleeves rather than short sleeves, with the same going for legwear in terms of fabric length, and he doesn’t seem to mind wearing layers even in hotter weather (though not to the point of exaggeration). For cooler weather, he often opts to wear a scarf and gloves if he can get his hands on them. And in terms of what suits him best, casual and semi-casual clothing likely fits him better than more formal genres of clothing, and it is possible that he looks best in white, which is normally his preferred color.  

Personality: A smile can be complicated. 
Perhaps you know this because you watched as other children’s smiles became more and more like old posters on a peeling wall. Or perhaps you realized that, subconsciously, your own smile became more and more like just that, until there was no longer just one smile, but many, separated by the different people in the different places and parts of your life.
But the fact is that it wasn’t always so complicated. It didn’t need to be that complicated. Maybe, even now, you feel as if it still doesn’t need to be that complicated. Yet, the rest of reality doesn’t seem to agree with you, and so you are the one forced to conform to their standards, their norms, their expectations. 
…no. You decided that you wouldn’t be someone like that. Because “that would be too sad.” Because “wearing that sort of mask would be meaningless.” Because if you needed to do that, “then our reality would be too cruel and would need to be changed.”
Or perhaps, it is because others experience cruel realities like that that you feel as if you, out of all people, then have a responsibility to not abandon your own smile. To show it to others and remind them of a happier world. Even if they react with confusion, hesitation, doubt, suspicion, anger even, you smile, without hesitation, without particular reason. And in doing so, you invite others to smile back in kind, and to think of a world where everyone could smile without restraint.
That’s what you think, isn’t it?
Or rather, that’s what you would think.
That’s right. “I don’t need to be a complicated person. I can be strong while just being who I am.” That’s what someone like you would believe, right?
I still don’t understand. Even now I still wonder…
…how could you sustain that kind of mindset, Kaori? 

Cheery, genuinely kind, and with a way of reaching others’ hearts, Kaori is neither someone with a particularly impressive sense of humor nor someone with the quirkiest personality. What he is, however, is a good friend who keeps his promises and generally tries to be there for others when they need him. It also doesn’t hurt that he does in fact possess a sense of humor, both lighthearted in its nature and brightening in its effect. Unafraid to laugh at himself and always eager to bring a smile onto others’ faces, he brings the true him to present to others and, just as importantly, doesn’t bring trouble with him in the process.
In an ideal world, the effect of his presence could be said to be something along the lines of the creation of a pure space–a ring devoid of the meaningless fakery and overthinking outside of it, filtered of the misunderstandings and problems created by such. But as it happens, the world does not function under absolutes, and so his actions, demeanor, intent–all of it–can instead fall victim to the exact effects he is trying to avoid. Suspicion, avoidance, and even anger can be the reactions others show to him. And he understands that fact. In fact, he accepts that that very fact will contradict his nature. Yet, he doesn’t change–because without his lasting smile and persistence, he would not be “Kaori” at all.
Really, even at his most complex, Kaori is still just an individual who treads the boundaries between youthful innocence and developed maturity. He is someone who is as curious as a child yet is often able to readily accept what he observes with a minimal amount of judgment. He is also someone who possesses a straightforward honesty that he trusts will usually be reciprocated, even while he understands the deception present in the world. So, for some, the inevitable conclusion may still be that he is immersed in naivete; after all, it may seem that even just sincerity could not survive without a high degree of luck, inexperience, or even outright denial. Yet, he undeniably sustains a maturity that even some adults have not yet refined. He has a gentle and considerate nature separate from the impulsive recklessness that children tend to have, an accepting attitude towards both his own flaws and the flaws of others, and an ability to make sensible decisions grounded in reality. Most of all, there is a sense of responsibility and drive to him that is often driven into others through experience, time, and oftentimes, hurt and tribulation–all of which don’t seem to be things that he has been able to acquire or experience for himself, at least not for very long. 
So, what does he think? To Kaori, the truth is that the world, even with all of its complexities, has never been all that complicated. That’s not to say that it’s not beautiful, however; quite the opposite. Even if he may not necessarily understand yet, he knows of the intricacies of human nature, of the world’s developments, and even of the greater universal truths. So it can almost go without saying that he knows of his own inexperience and how it can lead to all sorts of mistakes and faults. He knows that there will be times where he will be entirely clueless, being without the knowledge or ability to make decisions he will need to make by himself; times where someone he wanted to reach out to turns out to be someone who he cannot help or, worse, who has tried to hurt him all along; times where he is unable to see the bright things he is usually able to see, where regret and pain and other such feelings will be a bottomless sea, waiting for someone to drown and wash away. He has no doubt that he won’t like those times and that he might have difficulties accepting them when they come. 
But the thing is, he doesn’t see their inevitability as something to spurn or something that should dampen his current days. Instead, he thinks that he should live life the best way he knows–happy, beside good companionship, and looking towards the future. And for him, just being able to do that is enough.
After all, a smile doesn’t need to be complicated. He doesn’t need to be complicated, either. 

*Theme Song(s): "Hanamezuru Kimi" by Kasamura Touta

Weapons: Armed with only his smile, which can potentially disarm certain people. His attitude in general can soften some people up, though it has pretty big limitations (as can be imagined). For instance, if someone’s out to murder him, it’s probably not gonna do much, if anything at all. But anyways, attacking him actually isn’t a good idea currently for certain reasons (one being that the narrator will probably get you eventually if you do. Probably). 
Powers/Abilities: He has the power to hold a hecking smile for hours without it going bad. I don’t know about anyone else, but I count that as a superpower.
Otherwise, he has an innate resistance to heat and is considered to have rather high host potential. Other abilities/powers are currently unknown and would be largely suppressed by the presence of a certain demon anyway.  

Backstory: Oh, ho. I think I’m going to stop you here.
Why, you ask? Well. No particular reason, I’d say. In fact, I may have to ask you a question in turn. 
Why are you here? I thought that prying into someone else’s background without their knowledge is considered rude in your customs.
Hmm.
Do you think that there is something here that didn’t fit with the rest? Or…do you think that he has something to hide? 
How curious. How very typical, really.
Well, if you really want to know, you can just ask him. He’s that kind of…person. 
But if somehow, you want to learn more about me, then I’m afraid you’re out of luck. 
After all, when it comes to some places, he’s never known a single thing. 
*Crush: N/A
Other: Horus the Younger
He has monochromacy (total color blindness).   
Edit: As add-ons, I forgot to say that his monochromacy can randomly recede at times (though it was much more common in his youth than it was now...and it was super rare back then too), and also he might have a more distinctive fang-like canine tooth on his left (but I'm not sure because I haven't drawn him/Akuma enough to see if it fits both of them, just one of them, or neither of them at all).

~~~~

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

August 16, 2022 16:46:17  #94

Sorry for the late response, but is this the excerpt you were talking about on your homethread? You did say something about the form.

I think it's an interesting personality and "powers" nonetheless. I like it. Stamp of approval from Time!

Time

August 16, 2022 18:37:37  #95

No problem! I know you guys are all busy with stuff, and it's been a long time since the last submitted form, haha.
In a way, it is. This is the form that I was jokingly referring to as an excerpt since, y'know, I suck at getting those done. :') (It's not actually an excerpt.)
Thank you for the approval! Now Kaori no longer exists semi-illegally :D

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 17, 2022 13:55:31  #96

I apologize in advance, I've got like a bajillion forms I'm updating. Not sure if they actually need approved because it's minor tweaks to appearance and personalities to reflect current events and small changes/clarifications to powers and abilities already approved, but I'll throw them here anyways.

Absolutely no rush to approve them, I know it's a lot lol

Name: ???

Nickname: The Jackal
Age: Somewhere in his mid to late 20s, but has been alive for much longer; multiple centuries at least.  
Pronouns: He//Him 
Sexuality: Asexual panromantic
Species: Mortal 
Deity They Work For: Technically Orphos. He's the ringleader of the Masked Ones.

Appearance: The Jackal is outfitted in black body armor from head to toe. A few strange bronze/gold runes and symbols adorn it, and they almost seem to glow in dim light. He has an athletic build and stands at about 6 feet tall, not counting his mask. He has a knife sheath strapped to the outer part of each thigh and bicep, along with one hidden on the inside of his boots. His head is covered in an obsidian mask that covers his entire skull in the visage of a snarling jackal, and has gold metallic accents around the eyes, mouth ears, etc. as well. His face cannot be seen through the mask.  
No one has seen him without the mask besides his inner circle, which at the time of writing now only includes the Eagle. Under the mask, the Jackal has jet black hair cropped close to his head. His face is angular, with sharp cheekbones and a strong jawline, making him handsome in a severe kind of way. His eyes are a metallic gold color that matches the runes and accents on his armor and mask. While his eyes are clear, his encounter with the god Eidolon has rendered him blind in his left eye. NOTE: the Jackal lost his sight in his right eye in his initial deal with Orphos for the masks, so he is now functionally blind. However, his mask allows him to “see” normally as long as he is wearing it. His face has somewhat heavy scarring as a result of his mask exploding and embedding shrapnel into his flesh. His new mask is vastly improved from the original. It is more intricate, and instead of being extremely smooth, it has a furlike texture to it, and is generally more realistic than its predecessor. It is still crafted out of the Raccoon’s magic obsidian and has gold accents (notably a stylized eye at the center of its forehead), but it is no longer static, with the mask able to move its jaws and ears at the Jackal’s will and lipsynch to his voice when he speaks. The Jackal now wears a hooded cloak most of the time (yes, it has holes for the mask’s ears). The fabric has been enchanted to be able to block most standard projectiles short of explosives. It is also able to be taken off and will stiffen/straighten into a large shield, allowing him to protect multiple people if he wishes.  

Personality: The Jackal, like his namesake, is extremely crafty. He's charming to his targets, effortlessly maneuvering them so the rest of his squad can take them out in order to harvest their souls. His powers of persuasion are only amplified by his intelligence, something that can be his downfall. He can be overconfident in his abilities and wit, causing him to get into situations over his head. 
The Jackal has an affinity for swindling. Something about cheating another person without their knowledge gives him a thrill. It could be said he's in love with his own intelligence; which gives him an almost narcissistic air. A power hungry ladder climber, he will do anything that he thinks will help him get to the top and stay there. His ambitions give him loose morals at best, and he isn't above lying or manipulating the other Masked Ones to achieve his goals. He justifies his actions as a means to his end; only the destination matters, not how you get there. He is, however, protective of the other Masked Ones. He sees the world in an "us against them" light and presses this view on his group members, making them more inclined to follow him. Overall, the Jackal is a cunning and ruthless individual with his own well-hidden motives.  Since his rather unfortunate misstep with the murder of Eidolon, his confidence has taken a bit of a hit. He never intended for himself or his group to be thrust into the intense scrutiny of the pantheon. The Jackal knows full well they got lucky, and that there is no match for most deities on their own, let alone a group of them set for revenge. As a result, he has all but abandoned the rest of his group, electing to go into hiding with the Eagle. The consumption of a deity soul, even if only in part, has allowed him to go an unprecedented amount of time without needing to feed, allowing him to stay relatively under the radar. 
 Theme Song: Dear Dictator by Saint Motel

Weapons: He has multiple knives (as mentioned in his appearance). He is proficient in hand-to-hand combat as well.

Powers: In exchange for an eye and a portion of his soul, Orphos gave the Jackal the ability of persuasion. With the aid of the Eagle's poisons (which makes the victim much more open to the power of suggestion), the Jackal can easily convince his victims to do what he wants. This has a significantly lesser effect on deities and demigods, and he doesn't typically use it on them as he targets mortals and their souls. He occasionally uses this ability to pressure the other Masked Ones to fall in line. Many individuals aren't aware that they are being manipulated, but to a bystander with a well-trained eye, it's fairly easy to spot. The longer the Jackal talks to someone, the easier it is to make them comply. If the victim's attention is broken for too long, such as if they are distracted for an extended amount of time, or their attention is fully invested in something else, he has to start over. If the potential target is aware that he is attempting to persuade them, this power is drastically weakened.Since his consumption of a deity soul, the strength of his abilities has dramatically increased, allowing him to sway mortals with little effort at all. He has yet to fully master this though, and he now only uses his persuasive ability sparingly, as it can cause him debilitating consequences, like exuding powerful shockwaves of raw energy from his body and floating several feet in the air. The masks that he and the others wear are cursed. They stop the wearer from aging and can heal injuries more quickly than the average mortal body, but this comes at a heavy cost— the mask cannot be taken off through physical or magical means, and requires souls to feed on to maintain the wearer's unaging appearance and heal them. If the wearer fails to provide the mask with souls, it consumes the soul of the user, along with their physical body. This is the only way for the mask to become available to the next user.

Backstory: Many years ago, the Jackal and his compatriots encountered Orphos at a soirée in the medieval sect. The god seemed eager, almost to the point of frantic, to give away a trio of masks with the promise of near immortality to the wearer. He sweetened the deal by adding an ability of the customer's choice for a reduced price. The Jackal accepted, and through an exchange of one of his eyes and part of his own soul, along with the Hyena's voice, gained the mask of the Jackal and ability of persuasion.

Crush: N/A

Other: Athena 

Nickname: The Eagle
Age: Unknown, but she is the youngest of the original three Masked Ones. Legends place it anywhere from 18 to mid 20s. 

Pronouns: She//Her
Sexuality: Heterosexual

Deity They Work For: Orphos; affiliated with the Masked Ones

Appearance: The Eagle is the shortest of the original Masked Ones, standing at a respectable 5'8. She has an athletic, flexible build, with pure muscle. She has the same type of body armor as the Jackal and the Hyena, but her runes differ. They tend to be rounder and more fluid-looking, along with a drawing of wings etched in the plating on her shoulder blades. Her mask is that of an eagle, with an obsidian base and metallic silver on the beak, around the eyes, and outlining the feathers on the rest of the mask. Her face also cannot be seen through it.  
Underneath the mask, she has short, curly golden hair about the length of her shoulders. Her skin is pale. Her eyes are very dark brown, almost black. A small scar traces down her right cheek, a result of an altercation from one of her family members as a child.  

Personality: The Eagle is the most emotionally balanced of the group. While the Jackal and Hyena may rush into situations without a plan, expecting their respective brains and brawn to protect them, she pulls them back. She is their voice of reason, their restraint. The Eagle is a bit distant from her group mates, often opting to spend time alone when they aren't hunting for souls. This, coupled with her naturally suspicious nature, makes her appear stiff and cold to anyone she interacts with outside of the Masked Ones. Her suspicions make her difficult to manipulate at some points, to the frustrations of the Jackal. She has a twisted, humorous sense of justice, which shows its true colors when she's on a vengeance quest. She prefers to use her poisons because they are difficult to trace, and in the situation of a deadly mix, she can watch her victim suffer. 
Although she can be mistrusting, she does have a tendency to give her fellow Masked Ones the benefit of the doubt. If given the choice of believing a stranger or believing the Hyena or Jackal, she would pick one of them over the stranger.  While she bears a mostly poised demeanor, her wrath is a sight to behold. She can hold a grudge for decades, and exacts that grudge at any time she pleases, without provocation. She will strike where it hurts, taking what a person cares about the most. This she does with no remorse. She doesn’t like talking about her past or her family, and any kind of pressure to make her do so will result in stony silence and perhaps an unpleasant addition to the asker’s next meal. 
In the wake of the Jackal killing Eidolon, she followed him into hiding, partially to nurse his wounds, but also to sate her morbid curiosity. It’s not every day a mortal grapples with the aftershocks of trying to consume the soul of a deity, after all. She has assumed the role of caretaker while her leader heals. As of now, her only loyalty in this world is to the Jackal, but she has now become somewhat disillusioned with his ambitions. Comfortable in the shadows, she is not pleased to find herself with a target on her back from the most powerful beings in Forengard. 

Theme Song: The Poison Woman by The Dear Hunter

Weapons: She has many vials of various poisons and concoctions that she implements to hunt mortals, or aid her group mates in hunting theirs. For example, she has a specific mix that makes someone more open to suggestion, something the Jackal uses on more difficult targets. 
She also has a blowgun and darts. She adds her mixes to the darts so she can use them at a distance. 

Powers: In exchange for the souls of her four family members, Orphos gave the Eagle the ability to "hear", or sense the souls of others. She uses this to gauge their energy level so she can more efficiently provide souls for her mask and the other’s masks as well. The more energy the soul has, the less souls it takes to satisfy the mask. These targets tend to be the most difficult, though, so the Masked Ones will stick to easier, low-energy souls. They will take the occasional risk, though. 

She also has the same curse as the other Masked Ones.

She has encyclopedic knowledge on natural poisons and herbs. While this is almost always used for harm, she is quite capable of providing medical aid should the need arise. 

Backstory: She attended the same party with Jackal and Hyena. When she asked for the eagle mask and for the ability to sense souls, Orphos laughed and jokingly told her that she would have to kill her family in exchange for such a power. A few days later, she summoned Orphos and promptly showed him her four family members after she poisoned their water. He was appalled at her apparent glee over her deed. Overwhelmed at the prospect that he had to follow through with his end of the bargain, he threw in a twist of his own at the last second; along with giving her the ability to sense souls, he bonded her own family's souls to the mask of the Eagle, forcing her to have to listen to them for the rest of her life. They mostly scream for hours on end and offer contradicting advice, causing her to act sporadically on occasion.  She has mostly learned to ignore them, but they are sometimes too raucous to tune out. 

Crush: None currently.

Other: Zeus 

Name: Bliss

Nickname: Shinkicker

Sexuality: Straight(?)
Species: Mortal human 
Deity They Work For: Under the care of Orphos 

Appearance: Bliss is somewhat tall for her age, standing around 5’4. Her blonde hair is choppy, as if she cut it herself, and is about chin length, though some chunks are slightly longer or shorter than this– she’s not exactly an expert at the whole haircut thing. She has bright blue eyes and freckles splashed across her cheeks, with pale skin. Her face is still somewhat soft and childlike. She wears an old worn “punk” jacket, with several patches scattered around it and a faded red shirt that has a cartoon skull on it alongside dark pants; hand-me-downs that Orphos has managed to scrounge up. She also has some steel-toed combat boots adorned with some spikes on the side she attached herself. An intricate ceremonial knife she swiped from Orphos is in a sheath attached to her hip.  She will occasionally carry a black backpack. It is unknown what she keeps inside, but odds are it’s an aggressive amount of fruit snacks.  

Personality: Bliss is anything but blissful. A firecracker of a young girl, she bears the precociousness of a child raised with little in the way of boundaries and no strong parental figures to speak of. She has an independent streak a mile wide, rivaled only by her stubbornness. She’s not used to being told what to do, and her first instinct is often to rail against any kind of authority being exercised against her. While not terribly disrespectful, she has no qualms against speaking her mind, having gone toe-to-toe with deities multiple times without batting an eye. Her irreverence is a blessing and a curse; she is not starstruck by her proximity to the divine, but once in a while it would do her good to remember that she’s talking to people who can bend the cosmos at will and she just mastered her multiplication tables. As she has grown older, she’s gotten a fair bit wiser when dealing with people she does not know, and she is nowhere near as naive as she once was. However, her naivety has some strange gaps. She is capable in a crisis, but her social skills, especially with those of her own age, leave much to be desired. With Orphos beginning to fear for her safety and seeking out methods to keep her out of harm’s way, she has grown a bit rebellious against him— instead of wandering off out of pure curiosity like before, she has begun to actively seek out dangerous situations to prove to him that she is capable of handling herself. In that regard, she’s a little overconfident in her abilities, which is bound to land her in a bit of trouble sooner rather than later. Orphos is all she has in the way of family, and she has some deep-seated abandonment issues that she has yet to fully recognize from her biological father giving her up. She will cling fiercely to any approximation of familial bond that is presented to her and can sometimes get in her own head about how “worthy” she is of a family. Y’know, angst. 

Theme Songs: Wrecking Ball by Mother Mother and Take Me To War by The Crane Wives

Weapons: She kicks. Hard. She also has a knife that she swiped from Orphos, but it’s got a little more to it than she knows (it’s a ceremonial knife that is capable of extracting souls from bodies, but she is far too inexperienced to wield it in that capacity). She has little formal training with weapons, so it doesn’t do much but look intimidating for a couple seconds while she swings it around haphazardly. She has more experience in hand-to-hand combat than the average 12-year-old, but that’s solely from Orphos teaching her brawling techniques. She’s not even 100lbs soaking wet, so she’s not necessarily a physical threat either.

Powers: None really related to her, but Orphos enchanted her boots to increase the power/force of her kicks. 

Backstory: See Orphos 

Crush: Nah

Other: Aphrodite. She’s lowkey turning into a little anarchist, I’m here for it

Name: Gevar

Nickname(s): Whatever comes up 

Sexuality: Bisexual Panromantic 
Species:
Stymphalian Bird, has a human form

Deity They Work For: Technically under employ of the CDs; her and her flock currently act as enforcers in the kingdom of Anatina. 

Appearance: Gevar looks like an adult woman in her mid twenties. She has a strong, powerful build, but not unnecessarily bulky. Her arms and shoulders are the most powerful part of her body. Gevar has tan skin and all-black eyes with dark brown hair that’s cut short so as not to impede her when fighting. She wears sleeveless tops. Black tattoos consisting of intricate geometric patterns cover her arms, chest, back, and legs.  
She can also take the form of a Stymphalian bird, a mythological creature about the size of a human with a metallic bronze beak and feathers that she can shoot from her wings, which have a wingspan of about 18 feet. She can also keep her legs as a bird to help her run faster. 
She has a form in between the two, where her arms become Stymphalian wings. She has claws on the end of her wings, like a bat’s almost, so she can grab things.

Personality: Gevar is very untrusting of mortals and deities and everyone in general. Because her kind was systemically hunted down by mortals living nearby and the gods didn’t do much in the way of stopping it. She’s very independent, and very proud. As such, she has difficulty asking for help if she needs it. She’s not very empathetic, but she tries her best. Emotions aren’t really her strong suit, and her form of comforting is awkwardly patting someone on the back. She doesn’t like anyone getting too close to her as a defense mechanism because she doesn’t want to be hurt, so deep down she really is pretty lonely. 

Theme Song: Bit By Bit- Mother Mother 

Weapons: Her metal feathers she can shoot from her wings, hand-to-hand combat 

Powers: She heals quickly and has small control over fire, she usually only uses it for dramatic effect or to fire flaming feathers.

Backstory: Gevar grew up on a flock of other Stymphalian birds, but as farmers and other mortals started to actively hunt them down, she was forced to conjure up a human form to disguise herself. Many of her flock weren’t so lucky, so she spends her days in a kind of solo war against them, ambushing small groups or mortals out by themselves as a form of revenge. Since her kind was revived by the actions of Dust, she has mellowed out considerably in terms of her indiscriminate violence. Nowadays, she takes out her frustrations on the denizens of Anatina with great effectiveness. 

Crush: No  

Other: Hera

Nickname: The Raccoon

Pronouns: He//They (prefers he/him but doesn’t mind they/them)
 Sexuality: Asexual Aromantic 
Deity They Work For: Orphos by extension, affiliated with the Masked Ones 

Appearance: The Raccoon doesn’t wear the armor typical of the cult. Instead, he wears a simple cloth shirt and pants with a leather sculptor’s apron overtop that has multiple pockets. It always has many tools stuffed into it. He also wears black fingerless gloves. His mask is decidedly smaller than the normal, and covers about half his face and is in the shape of a raccoon. It’s more intricate than most masks with smaller details etched into it. He has a deep scratch over the right eye of the mask that continues off the mask onto his jaw.  He stands about five feet tall and is stocky, with pale skin. You can see his eyes through the mask, and they’re bright red in color. He has thick silvery white hair of medium length that frames his face and sticks out every which way, giving him a bit of a “mad scientist” look.  

Personality: The Raccoon isn’t anywhere near as aggressive as his masked counterparts. He could care less what they’re doing, as long as they let him make masks. He’s creative, and puts a lot of effort into the masks he makes. He prides himself on their look, and never makes the same animal twice. He’s actually pretty friendly, and isn’t too worried about people coming after him. The Raccoon considers himself to be far removed from the actions of the Masked Ones, and doesn’t think he’s responsible for what the Jackal is doing. The Jackal however, convinced him to stay close to the group because other people may not think that way and interrupt his work. He has a neutral attitude to the gods and thinks that using the cursed masks is a good way for people to become DIY deities (DIYties?). The Raccoon doesn’t like to refer to them as cursed, though. He sees it as more of a blessing with a catch. He doesn’t kill people to sustain his mask and instead exclusively feeds on the souls of animals.

Theme Song: Everything At Once by Lenka.  

Weapons: Sculpting tools? He’s okay at hand-to-hand  

Powers: He can bless/curse inanimate objects, and bring them to “life” through a chain of intricate spells. His current project is carving obsidian animal figurines and experimenting to give them some approximation of free will/AI. Intricate, multifaceted spells take him a fair bit of time, as he often has to carve them into his projects or attach another precarved object to apply them.  

Backstory: He wanted to be immortal so he decided to make it happen lmao 
 Crush: nah Other: little creacher. Also fun fact, he’s charmed his gloves to alleviate his carpal tunnel

Name: Shiloh

Nickname(s): N/A

Sexuality: Pansexual 
Species: Hamadryad 
Deity They Work For: None currently, formerly Ishmael; currently affiliated with the Masked Ones 

Appearance: Shiloh is tall, standing around 6 feet. She has a strong, but slim build, and her skin is dark brown with freckles all over her body. She has a heartshaped face with large, unnaturally bright green eyes. She wears a dark green tunic with sleeves that cut off at the elbow and a red sash tied around her waist, and dark leggings. More often than not, she goes barefoot, but when the occasion calls for shoes, she opts for sandals.  

Personality: Shiloh, at her best, is a cold, calculating, and ambitious woman who will stop at nothing to get what she wants. She is highly intelligent, and isn't afraid to play the long game if it means she can achieve her goals at the end. She's highly driven by her lust for power, and as a result doing things ethically or by-the-book is a low priority for her. Still, she does have strong positions in certain areas. For instance, nature in all its forms is something to protect at all costs. She has a high disdain for mortals because of this and considers them expendable. She'll use them as pawns, but typically doesn't associate with them if she can help it. One of her highest goals is to become a deity. Somewhat hypocritically, she doesn't believe mortal-turned-deities to be true deities, citing them as products of dumb luck and undeserving of their positions of power. She thinks that instead she deserves a spot in a pantheon, particularly Ishmael's. Serving as his assistant, she was frustrated at his lack of action and perceived his constant striving for peace as weakness. Shiloh believes that she can do a better job (and honestly, she's kind of right) and manipulated/threatened Ishmael and Orphos into giving her Ishmael's divinity. She ended up dying so I guess that wasn't the best decision she made, but hey, you win some, you lose some. After her resurrection by the Masked Ones, she changed a fair bit. Her careful protection of nature is no longer a priority for her, and instead of being intent on taking her place in the pantheon, she has broadened her horizons to just being a general menace to a world she perceives to have wronged her at nearly every turn. Witnessing the Jackal’s failure to contain a deity soul when she herself was able to utilize Ishmael’s soul has cemented the idea in her head that she is destined for divinity. In another dazzling display of hypocrisy, she has begun to obsessively research blue Ambrosia Flowers in an attempt to predict their appearance.

Theme Songs: Brutus by The Buttress and you should see me in a crown by Billie Eilish 

Weapons: She carries several throwing knives hidden in her sash that magically return to her after being thrown. She's also somewhat adept at hand-to-hand combat.

Powers: Shiloh, being a hamadryad, has powers over plants. She can grow them on the ground or on her body, but doing too much will sap her energy. She can also secrete plant-based toxins from her palms, but uses this sparingly as she struggles with controlling the potency (it's often too much or too little so it isn't very effective). She can control Bushbeasts, and arguably has a better connection to them than anyone else. The ones she grows herself tend to mutate and are more true to their animal counterparts in both size and build rather than the regular Bushbeasts who have the same rough body shape and different heads. She can also transform into a melanistic barn owl. 

Backstory: Formerly Ishmael's assistant, she was slain by Orphos after he stripped her of her powers. He kept her soul for further research because he had never had a soul in his collection like hers. Orphos stored it in a magically sealed jar because he had trouble controlling it. One night, his domain was broken into and the jar became shattered, freeing her soul. Her soul bonded to a sequoia tree and her body and powers were restored. Her current whereabouts are unknown

Crush: N/A  

Other: Her life is connected to the tree. As long as it remains standing, so does she.

Name: King Felix Anatina 
Nickname(s):
None commonly known, but he had the nickname "Lucky Duck" in youth for his ability to escape dangerous situations without injury
 Pronouns: He//Him 
Sexuality: Straight 
Parents: His mother was a queen in the medieval sect, and his father is Ishmael. However, neither Felix nor Ishmael are aware of this. Felix and the rest of the kingdom believes he is of noble blood, and the secret of his lineage died with his mother.

Species: Mortal/Demigod  

Appearances: He looks similar to Ishmael, but isn't a spitting image. He has the same general facial structure and hair color, but his hair is more well-kept than Ishmael's. He has dark brown eyes, and his skin is on the pale side, taking after his mother. He stands about 5'10 and is sturdily built, with a decent amount of muscle. Not one for extravagance, Felix wears a simple black tunic adorned with a red sash emblazoned with his crest, a black ouroboros snake, and black boots. He has a leather belt with numerous pouches that house seeds for different kinds of flora. Occasionally, he will wear a light chestplate or a dark red cape, but he only really does so for formal and/or diplomatic events. Other outfits will tend to follow his red/black color scheme.

Personality: Felix is a laid back, cheerful monarch. He rarely worries about conflict outside his kingdom, preferring to instead focus on his own people. Not to say he has no allies-- he is generally viewed favorably by his neighbors, if a bit soft. He has shown a strong willingness to do whatever it takes to protect his own, so even the more bellicose rulers tend to leave him in peace. In addition, his kingdom is very prosperous, and he will willingly donate surplus to those who are struggling through war or famine. He's very optimistic about other people, and seeing the best in others is his specialty. This can backfire, as he tends to be too trusting, and will often give second, third, or tenth chances. However, he's not too blinded by this that he cannot see potential threats, he just chooses to believe that they aren't likely to pass. If something does break his trust, his anger, while short-lived, is a sight to behold. Felix has a strong respect for deities and their associates, something instilled in him from a very young age by his mother. He is often starstruck on the off chance he encounters one, but tries very hard to mask his excitement with kingly dignity. He puts them up on a pedestal, even those he probably shouldn't. As a result, it would be very easy for someone to manipulate him if they were to pose as some kind of divine confidant. Privately, he is very unsure about his role as king. He hates that he feels like someone will always suffer, no matter what decision he makes. He sometimes feels that people aren't friends or allies with him for who he is as a person, but rather for what he can give them as a king. As a result, even though he is surrounded by people, he can feel alone. 
 Theme Song(s): Ruler Of Everything- Tally Hall

Weapons: He almost never carries a weapon, save for a set of brass knuckles and a hunting knife hidden in his boot. To be honest, he isn't the greatest at extended combat, so he likes to keep his altercations short and sweet, and isn't afraid to use lethal means should he deem it necessary
 Powers: Felix has minor control over plants. He can only manipulate existing plants, meaning he cannot grow new ones out of nowhere without a source, like a seed. He will typically use this power to aid in the growing of crops. He can also heal most wounds up to and including broken bones. Vital organs are difficult, but not impossible, for him to heal. Like Ishmael, he cannot heal mental illness, and his healing powers are slower/less effective if he uses them on himself. Healing can also take up a sizable amount of energy, but he can bypass the drain of energy by directly transferring the injury to himself. For example, if someone had a scraped knee, their knee could be healed, but he would now have a scraped knee. While he does not have a peace aura, he typically radiates calm energy.  
Backstory: Born and raised a prince, Felix has no idea he's actually a demigod. His powers have been explained away by extensive study into life magic, and his life has been pretty standard for someone of his social standing. This peace was shattered when his kingdom was besieged by his half brother, Prince Prospero. Struggling with a mysterious famine, the kingdom was ill-prepared for a coup backed by the Corrupted Deities and their allies. Felix was challenged to a duel for the throne by Prospero, and sustained near-fatal injuries. He was spared by the appearance of Huck, who had mistaken the king’s distress as a call from Ishmael. The Bushbeast placed him under a coma until the demigod was given medical care in Time’s domain.The king miraculously pulled through, but not without casualty. Now grappling with severe amnesia, the former king has little recollection of his past and family tree.

Crush: None currently 

Other: Hermes!

And a species form I can't remember if I actually turned in:

Species Name: Firebeasts

Scientific Name: custos petram

Names: Names are given by creators, but few of them have one. Typically, only the higher-ranking, more powerful Firebeasts have names. They do not have typical names, usually nonsense words and sounds or very unconventional names. Firebeasts have an intrinsic sense of knowing if they are being talked to or not. You could say “hey you” to a group while looking for a specific one, and they would know who you were referring to and ignore you if they aren’t needed. Currently, only a few named Firebeasts are known- Jabberwocky, a wolverine with half her face missing, Malarkey, a tiger, and Rickitickitembo, a boar. 

.Lifespan: Firebeasts live indefinitely— they’re made of rock, after all. Technically, they cannot be killed, only immobilized. One has to limit their movement, such as managing to break off legs or other appendages. If only decapitated, they are still fully capable of movement and combat. They are created by the Raccoon and his small army of figurines, who expertly carve them out of obsidian. They are capable of long stretches of inactivity or dormancy, but remain aware of what is happening in the world around them. They don’t grow, so they stay relatively the same size as the day they were created.

Genders: Firebeasts have no concept or need of gender, and will go by any pronouns given to them. 

Hierarchy: Their chain of command is established solely by physical strength and power. The stronger the Firebeast, the higher on the totem pole they are. The most powerful Firebeast is considered the “alpha”, with the second powerful acting as their second-in-command/deputy. In situations where the alpha is not present, the deputy takes over. Firebeasts use combat to establish ranking, and as such, feuds are an almost daily occurrence. A lower rank always challenges a higher rank. If the lower ranked loses, they stay where they are, but if they win, they take the higher ranking Firebeast’s place. The alpha and deputy are off limits in duels. Those two positions are decided in a tournament style, where every Firebeast has a chance to rise to the top, or change their ranking. This tournament only happens if the alpha is killed/incapacitated, and rarely if the deputy overthrows the alpha. If the deputy does overthrow the alpha, the only reason would be if the alpha displays severe weakness, and the rest of the group no longer respects or fears them. Typical Appearance: Firebeasts are hewn from enchanted obsidian from a specific chain of volcanoes. This obsidian is harvested and carved by the Raccoon, who often uses their smaller obsidian figurines to expedite the carving process. Depending on the amount of figurines working, a Firebeasts can be completed anywhere from a few hours to a few days. Their head and neck areas are more clean-cut, detailed, and polished than the rest of their bodies. Their eyes are typically made from Bushbeast Amber, but recently they have been made from other gemstones, commonly precious opals or dragonstones but just about anything will do. They are set deep into the face to avoid them being knocked loose, and have an ethereal glow to them. Firebeasts, like Bushbeasts, take after the characteristics of a certain animal. However, instead of having a common body shape across the entire species like Bushbeasts, they are more like giant sculptures of their animal counterparts. They can vary in size and detail, but they range anywhere from 10-30 feet tall at the shoulder. The majority of them have a thick layer of moss on their back and shoulder, but some have fully grown plants as well, like coffee plants, grapevines, and other flora that thrive near volcanoes. If a Firebeast has sustained an injury that requires extensive repair (such as a limb needing reattached) the Raccoon has a special gold alloy that they use to fill in cracks and affix things onto the Firebeast. As a result, some Firebeasts have webs of gold cracks scattered around their bodies, like scars. ((Inspired by Kintsugi, the art of repairing cracked or broken pottery with gold powder)) 

Clothing: None 

General Personalities: Firebeasts, to put it nicely, aren’t the brightest. There is no possibility they could survive alone. They are pack animals, and are very loyal to each other. They can only follow a single supreme being at a time, currently Shiloh. They have little to no capability of independent thought, and they exhibit a hivemind/mob mentality. As such, they can be unpredictable, but manageable if one knows how to take advantage of it. They are usually aggressive, especially when injured or alone. They place a high value on strength, and will not hesitate to abandon one of their own if they do not think they are strong enough, such as in the event of injury. They are impossible to reason with, and once given a goal, will be deadset on completing it no matter the cost. Tireless and bloodthirsty, they can be quite the nuisance if left unchecked. 

Abilities: Firebeasts have control over fire and lava/magma. This is really only seen when they breathe fire or lava. They don’t really have control of it after it leaves their body, so if they launch a fireball at something flammable, they cannot control the flames that appear.  Despite this, they can easily manipulate smoke and may use it as cover or to suffocate opponents. Firebeasts can also teleport, but only a mile or two at a time. Firebeasts, like Bushbeasts, are able to be summoned anywhere as long as the summoner isn’t underwater. They burst forth from the ground, and can sink back into the earth without a trace just as quickly.They are capable of understanding human speech, but cannot speak it. They may repeat a word or phrase that someone has just said, but this is unsolicited and not something they consciously do. This is a result of the Raccoon and Shiloh experimenting with their ability to vocalize. Their voices are high wails and layered, so it sounds like multiple people are speaking at once even if only one Firebeast is. Legend has it that the voices are from the mortals the Firebeasts have killed, but this hasn’t been proved.  

Weapons: The obsidian they are made of is harder than normal, so they are very well protected from direct contact from say, a blade or other sharp point. Blunt force is the only thing that can do some real damage to them, like an explosion. They have the teeth, claws, horns, etc. of their animal counterpart. Also firebreath, smoke manipulation, yadda yadda. They are immune to fire and heat, but extreme cold can slow them. 

Communication: They have a telepathy link with one another, but it’s almost entirely incomprehensible to outsiders. They can also make the noises of their animal, but it doesn’t actually mean anything. 

Background/History: The Firebeasts were created by the Raccoon on command of the Jackal and Shiloh. The first Firebeasts were very rough around the edges, a kind of prototype. They didn’t have the fire abilities, and were pretty much just aggressive statues. The Jackal uses Orphos’s ties to smuggling rings to procure Bushbeast amber, believing it to have magical properties, but he has recently opted for less conspicuous gemstones for the latest generations of Firebeasts. The latest Firebeasts are bigger and stronger than their predecessors, and have the fire/lava/teleportation abilities. The Masked Ones are continuing to experiment to further enhance the species. 

Other: They have a strong kill-on-sight instinct for Bushbeasts. If injured deeply enough, they may “bleed” magma. This typically only happens if they are injured severely in the chest area. They can’t swim!Even though they can only teleport a mile or two at a time, they are able to “chain”, and can teleport repeatedly if they need to travel larger distances.  

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

"Is my body really part of the earth, and is the soul just a metaphor?"

Season's grievings to us, one and all!

August 17, 2022 14:16:53  #97

Ishmael, I'm seeing a theme of solitude in these here forms. You okay, buddy? (:
also I'm not an official mod but form updates are generally okay without need for approval

I would say Shiloh could potentially interact with some characters of mine on that ambrosia flower thing, but they're haha dead haha

Galaxian/Kaori and Felix could be amnesia buddies, I say as I proceed to not act on anything (as it's always been for me with your characters? Weird lol)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 18, 2022 00:40:35  #98

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I would say Shiloh could potentially interact with some characters of mine on that ambrosia flower thing, but they're haha dead haha

Nah she could be out there somewhere. I too am a bit interested on some ambrosia flower stuff. You know... to me it sounds like a good idea for a plot that only includes mortals, just saying.

I was reading through btw, and it looks like a stamp of me accepting it, they've been accepted before, and just have updates, so it's all good.

Time

August 18, 2022 00:51:33  #99

@Time - Just responding briefly in my attempt to not clog up a thread, but I did want to thank you for doing the form reviews. I think the responsibility is laying on you right now because of Specter's inactivity, so I just wanted to say that in case there's any surge in submitted forms or anything, don't feel like you need to rush on it, and if you're ever busy, don't feel bad prolonging the process for a bit. 'Cause, y'know, priorities first.
And that goes for all the official mods here, whenever you all are active. Don't feel the need to rush it, please.

I usually relegate my plot ideas relating to ambrosia flowers to my personal development, because it feels like it's always been something left open intentionally. But if you guys think that's a good route to take, and if there's something I can contribute somehow, just let me know. Preferably via another route/thread, though. As mentioned, I don't want to clog up this one if I can help it.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 18, 2022 01:40:09  #100

Awh, thanks. I had some time, so I just went ahead and did it. Plus its good to read and try to remember new characters.

I get you. I'll bring up the idea of a plot to everyone later on a new thread ofc.

Last edited by Time (August 18, 2022 01:40:35)

Time

August 19, 2022 22:07:15  #101

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Ishmael, I'm seeing a theme of solitude in these here forms. You okay, buddy? (:

I'm good lol. I noticed that theme myself when I was updating my forms a couple months ago on the google doc I keep them on. I honestly think it was a subconscious thing from me living on my own for the first time, which is kind of interesting to think about. I see a lot of influences of stuff happening around me at the same time when I go back and look at a lot of my old stuff that I never recognized in the moment, it's like a little time capsule of my psyche lol.

I won't clog this up further other than saying I'm always up for planned interactions, just hit me up somewhere i dunno

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

August 21, 2022 03:02:01  #102

Name: Russet
Sexuality: Biromantic Asexual
Deity of: Psychometry
Powers/Abilities: Through touching inanimate objects, Russet can “speak” to them. He can learn about the object’s history, such as places it has been. This doesn’t work on living things or things that were once alive (like corpses), with the exception of fungi and plants. The objects he uses this power on do not have a personality or voice of their own, and are rather manifested through a single voice that is constant for all the targets of his psychometry. The Voice sounds sickly, in some weird place between wailing and normal speech. Russet believes this voice is just another part of his mind rather than a separate entity, though the truth is unclear. The single voice does present a serious weakness, which is that if the voice is tuned out or otherwise muted by some outside force, Russet cannot extract information from any object. There do exist charms which make objects within a certain radius refuse to give up their secrets, but Russet is fairly unknown so the possibility of psychometry isn’t often considered by people trying to hide something. While his psychometry mostly only allows him to learn about the past, objects can give weak premonitions and warn Russet of danger soon to happen in the area. Russet can temporarily bestow a weaker version of this power to others, though he asks for an offering of fresh fruit unless the situation is urgent. Russet can target specific parts of an object or the entire object, though the largest object he can use this power on is a castle or other large building. 
Appearance: Russet is 165 cm tall and is very thin, likely from opting to eat fruit over actual meals. He has curly black hair, which sits on top of his head almost like a bird’s nest. He has large, brown eyes, and his left pupil is noticeably always dilated. There are dark circles around his eyes, though this is just a feature and isn't really indicative of lack of sleep. He does look tired all the time, even when he's not. His face is somewhat bony, and he has a thin nose. He seems to always be having goosebumps. He is most often wearing a loose, brown tunic with beige cuffs. His neck is covered with a dark green shemagh scarf, and a tight-fitting black belt around his upper abdomen, which combined with the looseness of his tunic makes him look a little like an hourglass. He wears dark green pants and a pair of sandals. 
Personality: Russet is a very closed-off person. While not the kind of person hiding dark secrets, he doesn’t share his emotions with others. He often assumes that people only talk to him because they want something out of him. While he always keeps his cards close to his chest, he has a severe weakness for fruit. Give him any kind and he will near-instantaneously become your friend. He can be described as soulful and chill and will often refer to others with words like “pal”, “buddy” or “dude”. While not a poet himself, he really likes to listen to poetry. It’s difficult to tell when he’s using psychometry because he always appears to be zoned out. When faced with a dilemma he will always consult The Voice, who will affirm Russet’s judgments nearly every time. He prefers the company of The Voice compared to other people, and he has a small gemstone which he will often use psychometry on just for the sake of speaking to The Voice. He still likes to hang out with others, but will often stay off to the side while he has a boring conversation with The Voice. The Voice is a reflection of Russet, so it has a very similar personality. While he will ask offerings of fruit for any of his psychometric services, he will often give his powers for free to friends, or those who obviously need it urgently. 
Typically Worshiped By: Psychics
Domain: An isolated lake island of 1.5 square kilometers. While mostly just empty rock, Russet has a small hut there in which he resides. He’s not very often found here and is more likely to be wandering Forengard.
Weapons: A simple dagger. He tries to stay away from combat, but he keeps the dagger on him most of the time. It stays sheathed inside a satchel that Russet will often sling around his shoulder. 
Backstory: Russet is believed to be a “fragment” of a much stronger, psychic deity, which explains his specialty in only a certain area of psychic abilities. He is not aware of any other fragments nor does he have any memory of who this deity was or what happened to them. The Voice has existed for as long as Russet has. He’s learned to keep a low profile, as he was once something of a popular deity among psychics and would find that he would often be taken advantage of by these psychics. He went completely off the grid for a few decades, retreating to his domain. When he returned, he didn’t really tell others of his powers, but he still wanted to help others so he often looked for people to help without sharing his methods. 
Other: Hephaestus   

RUSSET

August 21, 2022 04:33:16  #103

Ah, back into the rp scene maybe, Russet? Coolio.

I like the idea of him being a fragment of a more powerful deity! In addition, The Voice is a cool concept too! It's an interesting concept not really scene in this rp before, afaik.

Last edited by Time (August 21, 2022 04:33:54)

Time

August 21, 2022 04:45:59  #104

Time wrote:

Ah, back into the rp scene maybe, Russet? Coolio.

I like the idea of him being a fragment of a more powerful deity! In addition, The Voice is a cool concept too! It's an interesting concept not really scene in this rp before, afaik.

Thanks, I am in fact going back into roleplaying. I apologize for asking, but is he accepted? It wasn't really clear in your post

RUSSET

August 21, 2022 14:01:52  #105

Oops I forgot to say accepted lol

Accepted

Time

August 21, 2022 17:12:22  #106

He returneth
Welcome back to the roleplay, Russet!

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 26, 2022 16:58:10  #107

new character new me!

Name: Emmyn Cressori

*Nickname((s)): Emm

Pronouns: She/her

Sexuality: Aroace

Species: Human infused with forest magic (maybe even undead idk)

*To Whom are They Employed: Self-employed

Appearance: Emmyn is average-to-short (maybe ~5’4?) with an average build. She has long, matted black hair, a roundish face, pale skin, and vivid lavender eyes (natural eye color: brown, this is magical effects). Emmyn appears to be in her mid-20s. There are thorny vines and mushrooms all over her clothes and hair (they don’t seem to bother her, and they have no discernible source), with pale, shimmering purple crystals growing out of her skin on the tops of her shoulders, the backs of her hands, and the sides of her shins. She wears a cloth sun hat, smudged glasses, a white t-shirt, and overall shorts. All of her clothing is dirty and battered almost beyond recognition, as if she had been wearing them for a long time, but they do not smell like it.

Personality: Emmyn is bubbly, excitable, and friendly, almost to the point of being manic. She’s also a little unstable, and all her bounciness can become intense anger at the drop of the hat. Emmyn is a bit of a mad scientist, and in her mind everything is an experiment (very “FOR SCIENCE!!”). She also really likes bugs.

*Theme Song((s)): Can’t think of any

Weapons: none

Powers: can control insects within a certain range of her, semi-immortality (doesn’t age, sleep, eat, or drink, and only breathes so she can talk), can spread the crystals coming out of her hands at will, limited levitation-type flight

*Backstory?: used to be a normal human researching magical crystals, but eventually got corrupted by overexposure to magical radiation. Now she’s weird.

*Crush?: none

Other: has a pet bee named Buzzby

Gumy 

(Formerly known as Jade)
(IA again lol)
16 || she/xe
my fault marsh is back (/lh)
Enjoyer of Gingkos and Cycads 

August 28, 2022 02:46:13  #108

I think it looks good, accepted. I like the idea and am looking forward to interactions with her! But I do have questions.

You say she is 30 something, but her appearance seems mid Twenties. I'm assuming this is apart of the not aging thing, right? In she achieved semi immortality about a decade ago?

Also can you give me a range of control for the insects. It can br super vague. I'm assuming it's a mid to short range thing based off of how you worded it?

Time

August 28, 2022 09:41:17  #109

yep, it’s the not-aging thing, she’s been a weird bug rock lady for a decade or so at this point. also yeah the bug range isn’t that far. she can command bugs within abt 10 feet of herself, they will still continue to carry out the commands outside the 10 ft bubble for a minute or two (bugs have short attention spans), and she can’t see through their eyes or anything.

Gumy 

(Formerly known as Jade)
(IA again lol)
16 || she/xe
my fault marsh is back (/lh)
Enjoyer of Gingkos and Cycads 

August 28, 2022 19:31:50  #110

clean slate #2 electric boogaloo 

This time I made a self-insert that ACTUALLY just a self-insert, no more edgy stuff, the trauma (maybe) comes later.

( •̀ ω •́ )✧

Name: Marsh
*Nickname(s):
Pronouns: any/all
Sexuality: Demiromantic Asexual
Deity of (Up to 3 things): Passion, Love
*Symbols:  

Powers/Abilities: Wings - does what it says on the tin. (They can make the wings disappear when needed)
Creation - anything they draw exists for a limited amount of time. This depends on the size of the object, for example small objects such as a spoon or pen can last for a few hours whereas large objects like a car can only last a few seconds. The time limit also depends on the complexity of the object, for example the pen will not last as long as the spoon since it has many separate parts. When attempting to create anything living, they show no signs of thought and age at a rapid pace until they eventually disintegrate.
*Pets: 

Appearance(s): Marsh appears to be your average tired twenty something student found all over any college campus. Baggy clothes in desaturated colors. Cheek length straight hair curling inward slightly, almost like a mushroom cap. Thin round glasses that frame the plainest pair of black eyes. There’s nothing indicating marsh is nothing but your typical human mortal, well nothing except for the massive wings sprouting from their back. Slick brown feathers and a wingspan of at least 12 feet; it’s an understatement to say they stick out like a sore thumb. For someone who looks like a stick figure that can barely reach the top of a doorway on their tiptoes, the wings don’t seem to bother them at all as if they weigh nothing. 

Personality: Marsh is the type to have big feelings and little reactions. They consider themselves to be very open minded and always willing to see the other side of the story. Oftentimes they run on gut instinct and act before they think. Rarely do they ever get angry or lash out, preferring to always give people the benefit of the doubt. Because of this Marsh might seem like a bit of a pushover who’s scared of conflict.. which they are, so if conflict ever arises they’re always the first to run. It’s a bad habit for sure, but running just seems so much easier. Ghost people, disappear for days, whatever it takes to just get away. 
*Theme Song(s): 
*Typically Worshiped By: 
Domain: not yet developed
*Temples: 
Weapons: none 

Backstory: If Marsh were asked to sum up their life in one word, it’d be “plain.” Born into an average middle-class family. Went to school just like any other kid. Procrastinated on homework, laughed at stupid things she can barely remember now. Elementary, then junior high. It was all so dreadfully plain. Never called to the principal’s office, never won any prizes at school events. Full attendance, a “pleasure to have in class.” That was her life, up until the spark.
Marsh still remembers why they decided to go down the road they did. Standing there in the middle of an art gallery, she knew that this was it. This was the start of something big, something she’d be stupid to throw away. This was her ticket out, out and away from the boring life she’s trapped in. She’s always felt her emotions vividly, but nothing like this, nothing like knowing she needed to have this in her life. Knowing the regret she’d face if she didn’t try.
Charcoal, paper, and a kid with a dream. It wasn’t easy but it was never about easy. It was a frenzied passion for creation, for love, and for life. The first time in their mundane life, Marsh felt alive. Truly and wonderfully alive. Their days still didn’t change much but that doesn’t matter anymore.
Eventually they got into an average art college, with average grades and an average portfolio
(the good kind of average). Even the deity thing happened on the most average of Tuesdays. It was like something had told them to go hiking that day. Enjoy nature and breath in some fresh air. Footsteps crunch, crack, then silence. There it was, in the middle of the trail, a blue flower standing there so nonchalantly. Who knows why they touched the thing, perhaps it was curiosity, gut instinct, maybe fate or destiny.
It’s been a month and Marsh still doesn’t know what to do with their newly acquired immortality, at least the wings are cool.

*Crush: nope
Other: hestia

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
----------------------------------------
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

August 31, 2022 14:17:23  #111

GumyShark wrote:

yep, it’s the not-aging thing, she’s been a weird bug rock lady for a decade or so at this point. also yeah the bug range isn’t that far. she can command bugs within abt 10 feet of herself, they will still continue to carry out the commands outside the 10 ft bubble for a minute or two (bugs have short attention spans), and she can’t see through their eyes or anything.

Oh so very short range, gotcha.

Time

August 31, 2022 14:18:21  #112

Oh and for you Marsh, accepted! Sorry I didn't get to that sooner.

As for inserting angsty edge into things, you just put some thoughts into my mind. So if you don't mind, I'll write aboutn it a bit. More often that not I don't like adding self inserts too so I think it's nice when your self insert is more of a singular part or parts of your personality and greatly exaggerated. It helps them feel less like a self insert for me

Oh I also do enjoy the technique of traimatizing  happening during the story rather than just only the backstory

Last edited by Time (August 31, 2022 14:22:49)

Time

August 31, 2022 17:32:33  #113

It's no problem! Tbh I think there's so much angst to immortality and especially newly found immortality so I just really wanna explore that.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

September 1, 2022 00:47:31  #114

Oh yeah no doubt there are some stuff there for sure

Time

September 4, 2022 23:36:35  #115

Name: Marshal Irvin
Species: Human
Appearance: Marshal is a rich man, but with the exception of his lavish wand, you wouldn’t be able to tell this from his appearance. He has drab clothes, wearing dark brown robes with a lighter brown collar. He has puffy, brown trousers that are mostly hidden underneath his robes. He has a small, pink lily pinned to the left side of his chest, and some kind of insignia on the right side of his chest. It looks like a shield with upward spikes running through the middle. He says he chooses not to wear luxurious clothes so he can appear “more relatable to the average person”. To keep with this disguise, he’ll often keep his wand stowed away. He’s 175 cm tall and has pale skin; he spends most of his time doing paperwork indoors. He appears thin, though he does have a noticeable double chin. His brown hair is fairly short and fuzzy; he appears to have a receding hairline. He’s quite wrinkly, and at 32 he looks more like 50. He makes up for his aging appearance with his “signature expression”: sparkling, blue eyes accompanied with a typical “customer service grin”. It’s easy to tell he puts a lot of effort into looking approachable.
Personality: If there was any mantra that Marshal lives by, it would be “money talks”. He has accumulated a lot of wealth, but he is not a frivolous spender. In fact, he prefers not to have any luxuries. He prefers to put his money towards things that allow him to gain more control. More than money, that’s what Marshal truly cares about: having control. Especially over other people. He’ll do whatever he can to do this, including bribes. His greatest weapon at his disposal is his charisma. He acts incredibly friendly towards others. Even so, he always tries his best to make sure nobody gets the upper hand on him. He’ll hide his weaknesses and keep his cards close to his chest, but try to smooth-talk others into revealing their vulnerabilities. Once he’s got these weaknesses, he extorts them. He’s a strong believer in personal and economic freedom; at least for himself. He’ll often try to form “partnerships” with others, but don’t be fooled: he’ll try to get the other partner to become dependent on him. Marshal prefers to invest in his own ventures and ideas rather than the ones of others, as he doubts their reliability.
Weapons: He keeps a wand on him. It’s fairly extravagant, golden and in the shape of a thunderbolt. He doesn’t know many offensive spells so he usually relies on its threatening appearance to dissuade attackers and thieves. He prefers having hired guards do the dirty work.
Powers: Having something of a background in learned magic, he can cast a few self-defense spells. He’s particularly well-versed in money-related spells.
Backstory: Marshal was born in a small town, far removed from any kingdom. He learned magic from his parents here. In his teenage years he would move out to a nearby kingdom, where he would befriend a prince who would soon take to the throne. Marshal received some land from the new king, and this marked the beginning of Marshal’s money-making ventures. He accumulated a lot of wealth through trade, but found his land quite lacking in resources and other commodities. Adding onto that, he was faced with regulations from the king that he wasn’t too pleased with. He had a lot of money, but found himself at a dead end where he was unable to make more. He ultimately decided to secede from the kingdom and form a government of his own. His first decision as the leader of his new region would be to expand in search of new resources, turning his attention to his old home town which had been mysteriously destroyed. While looking for someone who can investigate the ruined town, he crosses paths with a deity of psychometry who offers to help him.
Other: Hephaestus 

RUSSET

September 5, 2022 16:28:59  #116

Ahhh I see so this is Russet's client, very nice.

Accepted!

Time

September 6, 2022 02:33:46  #117

Name: Janus
Nickname: The Beast of the Woods 
Pronouns: They/Them, It/Its
Sexuality: Aesexual Demiromantic
Deity of: Earth, Wilderness, The Hunt 
Symbols: Hares/rabbits with color mutations or uncommon colorations, “lucky” rabbit’s foot 

Powers/Abilities:Janus’s powers are more instinctual than learned. It does not cast spells, rather it wills things to happen. It is capable of moving and manipulating large chunks of earth at a time (upper limit 1,000 pounds) either by actually physically lifting it like a boulder, or something akin to earthbending. As a result, Janus is able to clear out tunnels and cave systems underground of varying size, which it uses as its main mode of travel. It has near perfect recollection of its tunnels, allowing it to move and escape with ease. It is able to cause earthquakes, sinkholes, landslides, and other geological phenomena, but the impact of these events are rendered less effective the larger they are. For example, it could produce a 9.0 earthquake in the area of a city block quite easily, but if it were to try to do the same in a square mile area, it would be possible, albeit significantly more difficult, or would be a 7.0 instead.

Earthquakes are generally only something it does as a last resort, as it doesn’t have a lot of control of the aftermath such as aftershocks, tsunamis, etc. It can create earthquakes pretty much anywhere it wants, but it has a significantly easier time doing so if it is in an area that already has established fault lines. 

They are able to create and summon ores, gems, and other precious metals at will, though they prefer to use existing materials instead of willing one into existence (ie. turning coal into diamonds as opposed to manifesting one out of thin air). Janus has very little understanding of mortal economies, and is often confused as to why it is constantly approached about gold and silver. 

Janus is an accomplished hunter and tracker. They are successful in most of their endeavors. They do not consider themselves to be a mercenary by any stretch of the imagination– their domain lies in the hunt for game, not of paid executions. They are able to “mark” a target, allowing it to track a creature if it is difficult to pursue, such as if they are capable of swimming or teleporting long distances. This mark does not stand up to magical wards or if the target is able to rid themselves of magic effects, and is most effective towards targets not magically inclined, like basic wild game. If given an appropriate offering or prayer, Janus will occasionally apply this mark to a follower’s target, allowing them to better track them with their feeble mortal senses. Hunters often pray to Janus for luck before hunts, thinking the mark to be enhanced intuition or guidance from the god itself. Janus is able to manipulate the outcomes of hunts to some degree, causing hunters to miss shots, discover broken equipment, or succeed in shots far beyond their actual skill level. This manipulation does not extend past your typical game-hunting situations– mercenaries, assassins, etc. are not considered hunters in the eyes of Janus and thus it will not guide their hands.

Being a creature borne from the wilderness itself, Janus is fiercely protective of wild areas untouched by mortal hands. It places high importance on the balance of nature and areas “managed” by the god are often the most remote, with little human influence. It is not necessarily a deity of beasts or plants, but of the wilderness as a whole; the course of the river is as important to it as the health of the songbirds. This often goes hand in hand with its authority over the hunt; for example it will protect a population of deer by affecting the hunting parties pursuing the herd, and in some cases direct confrontation. It has a rather strong distaste for mortals who use the land to live beyond their means instead of only taking what they need; however, it is not intrinsically aggressive towards mortals. It attributes those taking more than they need to be the product of incompetence, not malice. Though it rarely ventures into the modern sect, if it is spotted it is often assumed to be a cryptid, and is the source of several urban myths, though it is unaware of this. 

Janus is physically very strong and fast, capable of moving up to 150 miles an hour in short bursts. Its average running speed is about 90 miles an hour. In flight, it is able to move at speeds up to 200mph. It can jump over 50 feet away from a standstill, and much further if it has a running start. It is typically very skittish, which makes it very flighty and difficult to catch. It is capable of delivering very nasty wounds with its claws and teeth if forced into close-quarters combat. They can reliably hit targets up to 900 yards (roughly half a mile) away with their bow if conditions are favorable.

They also have very sensitive hearing and sense of smell. They have a mild sensitivity to magic, but aren’t really capable of doing anything beyond sensing if someone or something is magical/capable of performing magic and the general energy of it (dark magic, healing or destructive, elemental, etc). 
 They are able to speak to and understand most animals.

Pets: None 

Appearances: Janus is a massive bipedal Black-Tailed Jackrabbit (American Hare) that stands about 7 feet tall. Its large ears give it an extra 2 feet of height for a total of 9 feet. It has a set of antlers about a foot long that stick straight up and only separate into two points, like a pronghorn antelope. Janus has bright, intelligent hazel eyes and a set of fangs that protrude out of its mouth– its teeth are more like an omnivore’s than a hare’s. It has a pair of large black wings on its back with a wingspan of about 15 feet. The shape of the wings changes depending on the situation (speed, maneuverability, endurance, stealth, etc.) and allows Janus to adapt quite literally on the fly. 

Janus does not typically wear clothing in the basic sense of the word. It will wear an odd combination of leather armor and treebark fastened to its body with vines. It is sometimes seen wearing a cloth hood with slits cut into it to allow for its antlers and ears. If there is a more formal event it is attending, it will add a mantle of leaves covering its upper body with precious gems and crystals scattered throughout. A quiver is slung across its back that seemingly never runs out of arrows, and its bow is fashioned out of intricately carved wood and deer antlers that is far more durable than it logically should be. It has reinforced its claws on its hands and feet with some kind of metal. 

Janus is able to shift back into the form of a normal hare. When it does this, any clothing or weapons and magic it has is no longer visible or usable, and it has all the physical capabilities of a normal hare. The only thing that sets it apart is its metal claws. It is able to understand speech but cannot talk in this form. 

It is also able to shift into a kind of “in-between” form. It looks like a wolpertinger (essentially a winged jackalope with fangs) with metal claws and it is about twice the size of a normal hare, or about the size of a small dog. It has no clothing and is still unable to use its bow or magic, but is able to fly and run at about a third of its bipedal speed and is capable of speech. 

Personality: Janus isn’t necessarily fearful, but they are definitely quite skittish. They would rather run than face a potential fight, opting to keep their distance from those who may cause it harm. However, if they deem someone to be non-threatening, they are more along the lines of neutrally friendly. It is caring and devoted to those it protects, however, and its normally flighty nature will be forgotten in favor of protecting what is under its care.

Janus is intelligent in a “street smart” sort of way. It has a strong sense of intuition and will trust its gut, sometimes to an unfortunate degree. Not exactly a trusting deity, they can be sometimes suspicious of those that approach it if it believes there to be an ulterior motive.They have a bit of a blindspot when it comes to mortal technology and more intensive/complicated magic– Janus hasn’t quite been able to wrap their head around the existence of guns. 

They are generally aloof to most, and it speaks very little. Not one for small talk, Janus is blunt, matter of fact, and will go to great pains to communicate through grunts or gestures. It isn’t quite used to this whole “talking” thing yet. Janus still retains a lot of lagomorph behavior and body language. It is generally pretty easy to see what they are feeling by watching it. 

Theme Songs:
 Everything Moves by Bronze Radio Return
Mercy Down by Shayfer James
Battle Cry by Shayfer James

Typically Worshiped By: hunters, explorers, miners, frontiersmen

Domain: The Warren, a series of tunnels and rooms stemming from a large cavern supported by the roots of a centuries-old tree above it. It is decorated in a simplistic stone furniture covered in moss to make them comfortable. The main cavern is massive, with 20-foot ceilings at its highest and about 100 feet in diameter. It is not uncommon for there to be a random animal wandering around it (at least one bear hibernates in there during the winter). It is lit by bioluminescent fungus along the walls and ceilings. Many caves in the area have some parts of it that connect to the Warren, giving Janus the ability to move around nearly undetected. It is located in the medieval sect at the heart of a dense forest that separates Anatina from one of its neighboring kingdoms. 
Temples: It has no actual buildings, but it is able to be given offerings by placing a portion of a kill in the fork of a tree’s branches along with a prayer. It can also be communicated with  prayer alone or through other magical messaging means, but it is more likely to take notice if there is an offering attached to it– the offering does not necessarily have to be something that has been hunted, though. Firing an arrow with a written note into the air will eventually make its way to Janus, and they keep the arrows for personal use.

Weapons: They have a bow they are able to summon at will, though they keep a quiver on them at all times. They don’t actually have infinite arrows, but have a store they are able to pull from to supply their quiver so they aren’t walking around with a bajillion arrows. They also have their claws, teeth, and horns. 

Backstory: There really isn’t much here, actually. Janus was a normal average hare who happened to eat an Ambrosia Flower. It’s possible the flower was meant for the guy that was dying right next to it, but Janus was quite hungry and it caught their eye. They have spent the last few months coming to terms with their newfound divinity and abilities (and sentience, I guess?) and have only recently been venturing out of the Warren, much to the shock of the local villagers who hunt and forage in the woods. The mortals have taken to giving offerings to “the beast of the forest” which means sending random villagers in there with the intention of them being eaten by Janus or killing it. It has grown quite annoyed with the steady stream of mortals with pointy sticks and loud voices, so it has taken to grabbing them, knocking them unconscious, and delivering them to the edge of the forest in the dead of night. However, the villagers believe that Janus is returning them simply because the mortals have not found a suitable sacrifice and have caused it great offense, so they continue to send more “sacrifices” amidst mounting panic and hysteria of the townsfolk. Hunting parties praying for safe passage and a bountiful trip inadvertently pray to Janus itself, something it finds quite amusing. It does not bother itself with those who treat the wild with respect, but some parties who become too greedy find themselves several members short and nothing to show for their overstep. With Anatina’s famine putting pressure on its citizens, there have been an increasing amount of desperate forays into the god’s forest, leading it to venture out of its seclusion to investigate the disturbance. 

Crush: no
 Other:  Zeus  

Call me Ishmael.

September 7, 2022 02:00:59  #118

I like the idea and stuff! Accepted!

The backstory is also funny too. With fate assumedly being turned on it's head when a random rabbit eats a flower. I'm looking forwards to the interactions!

Time

September 16, 2022 05:32:11  #119

I wanted to submit both of my new characters at once, but one's still being worked out. Besides, this one's a super massive form
Name: Ozark

Nickname(s): Ozzy(don’t call him ozzy), Oz

Pronouns: He/Him

Species: Genetically mutated human

Deity They Work For: Varies. 

Appearance: Oz stands at about 6 feet, 5 inches tall, and is very well built and muscular. He normally wears a hooded, gray, tattered cloak, and body armor underneath it, alongside a regular black shirt and pants. His chainsword is usually strapped to his back. His skin is extremely pale, nearly to the point of being paper white, except on his left arm, which is purple and covered in bandages and other wrappings most of the time. He has gray spiky hair, and his face has multiple scars on it in various places. As well as that, his eyes are a bright red.

Personality: Very stoic and silent. He doesn't talk much, but when he does, he tries to make his words have meaning. Despite his tough exterior and occupation, he does care about others, and won't take any jobs that involve children or kidnapping. Despite this, he will still usually take most other jobs, no questions asked.

Weapons: A specially designed broadsword with a chainsaw for the blade. It has a long handle with a rip cord attached near the hilt, and three modes of "revved up". The first mode causes the blade to begin spinning, and makes it so that most basic swords will shatter after repeated hits from it. It also only lasts for 15 minutes. The second mode makes the blade accelerate faster, and also through the incredible power of magic or something makes it lighter, allowing for faster slashes. It lasts for 10 minutes. The third mode is mostly similar to the first two, but any basic sword that blocks it will break on impact from the speed of the saw. It lasts for 5 minutes. It might be possible to overheat the saw to increase the power level as well, but he hasn't tried it yet. He also has a high caliber shotgun.

Powers: His left arm can shapeshift and extend.

Backstory: (Warning: Murder)When he was a child, he lived with his parents in the cyber sect. Despite the relatively hostile environment, he grew up safely with his parents and lived a normal life until he was around 18. As a child, he had very high magical aptitude, so when he turned 18, he decided to leave the sect and seek out someone who could teach him to harness his abilities and gain further power. Eventually, he did find someone, and returned home to tell his parents and celebrate the good news. However, he returned to find them dead. As it turned out, to get him through life and provide, they had taken out various loans from a group of not-so-ethically sound people. While he was gone, the group had come to collect. As he was mourning his loss, some people from the syndicate came back to ensure they hadn’t missed anything, and found him there. They kidnapped him, and sold him to someone who, if possible, was even less morally sound than they were. He still doesn’t know who that person is. While he was in their custody however, he was experimented on. His magical energy and potential was repeatedly drained out and put back in, and eventually they tried focusing all of it into a single body part to see if it could handle it. It could not, and as a result his left arm violently mutated. These experiments went on for several years, but eventually, Oz broke out. Using the power that they had given him, forced onto him, he escaped their custody, and is now in hiding, trying to be seen as an average bounty hunter, and trying to avoid being captured again.
Other:  chainsaw 

Last edited by ThreePunchAxel (September 16, 2022 05:33:59)

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

September 16, 2022 12:50:44  #120

Chainsaw, very good.

Mostly accepted except for one thing: can you give me some examples on how his arm shapeshifts and transforms?

Time

Board footera