GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 30, 2024 15:33:50  #1

[SbS] A Kyng's Veil

Welcome one and all to Part Two of SbS (Step by Step).  This part will focus on...a lot more of the blood and gore of the world of Arithnia.  So if you're sensitive to this stuff, you mightttttttt not want to read some of this.  Now it's not going to be anything insane, but there will be descriptions of some nasty wounds and possible dismemberment.  On top of that, I will be using some coarse language (Nothing Kaine level) into the RP.  Other than that, please enjoy A Kyng's Veil.

As the two gods gently slumber among the coastal dew of the morning, blissfully unaware of the few Souls around them.  Nothing more resides around them aside form the crashing of waves and the gentle whispers of he Souls in the wind. The smoothed grass they laid upon felt...oddly like a cushion.  Neither of them stirred from the light sleep, or at least not immediately.  One voice gently spoke, a female voice.  "They are asleep, but lightly so.  Even if Lethera's Council gave the OK for them to come, I wouldn't trust them just yet..." the woman trailed off in her mumbling.  The man beside her took upon the dead conversation and walked around the two gods before him.  "Caligo and Aestus, twin gods of sorts.  Reed had some words about this.  Not a whole lot that's terribly interesting about them though.  What say you my lord?" the man asked softly, turning away from the gods sleeping bodies and to the man, who unlike the man and woman before him who wore simple garbs that would resemble some prayer-ese clothing.  This one wore a more formal attire.  Rather simple in fact.  He wore a white button-down shirt and black formal pants.  Nothing more to it.  No shoes or jewelry or anything of the sort.  He coughed down to his knees and places his hand on Caligo's neck.  "They are well asleep.  Bring more comfortable items for them and let them rest.  Once they wake up, please make sure they get fed a good meal.  I don't have much in the way of words, so when they arise, send them to the capital please.  That will be all, you two are dismissed.  I will wait here and watch over them." the man said, a rather...gentle command he gave and the man and woman bowed slightly and walked off, vanishing into the light, morning fog.  The man, now alone with this gazed with his cerulean eyes at the two gods and put on a pair of rounded spectacles.  "Of all means why must you two curse yourselves with our home...surely you didn't get invited...then what, perhaps, who, brought you here of their choosing?" he softly whispered to himself.  Getting back off his knees the man walks over to the cliff and sits over the edge of it.  The man gazes out at the crashes tides and waits patiently.  Hours may pass and yet no one came.  All there is to do is wait.  Nothing more and nothing less.

By the time the man and woman had returned with a vast amount of supplies consisting of blankets, pillows and a few cushions it felt to be around late morning, getting toward noon.  The two were careful to place the items around the two gods, making sure not to stir them from their slumber   Once finished they promptly left, giving them time to sleep.  Quite respectful of them isn't it?  

The lone man eventually stood up from the cliff and walked over to the gods and watched their breathing for a moment before pulling out a small bell and ringing it. 

As the soft tone of the bell carried itself into the air, a rather...ghostly figure emerged from the ground.  Not quite transparent, but enough so that one could slightly see through it.  The figure bowed its head at the sight of the man and moved it mouth as if to say something, but no audiable words came from the beings mouth.  The man, with his cerulean eyes carefully watched the ghost for but a second before watching it sit alongside the gods.  Perhaps as a watchdog or something else entiretly.  The man smiled soflty and walked off to the east, back to the capital where he was needed more. 

(I hand the floor to the sleeping gods)  

Last edited by wolffighting3768 (August 31, 2024 15:04:19)

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I do change this siggy often too. 

August 31, 2024 13:17:01  #2

Re: [SbS] A Kyng's Veil

While the sound of the bell caused the sun to stir, the lack of any other sound following, accompanied by a cool, familiar embrace lulled him back to sleep.

It was only later, at noon, that he fully awakened, simply unable to stay asleep with his power at it’s highest point, at which point he realise three thing:
1. he was still small and fluffy
2. There was blanket and pillow around them that must have been put by someone else, why else would it all be here?
3. There is a strange figure far too close for comfort

Aestus stared at it, unsure of what to do, should he wake up Cal? What if that alert the figure? What is it doing here? Where is here? A million thoughts race through his small head as he stayed frozen in place.

they/them
you can call me Vio
too lazy to put something here
sun and moon brainrot 

August 31, 2024 15:07:10  #3

The figure mode no movement nor sound as it sat with its back against the gods.  But anyone with an iota of doubt could tell that it was watching them to some extent, but how far that went, it's hard to tell.  The grass around them gently swayed in the morning breeze...

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

August 31, 2024 16:40:07  #4

Aestus urgently tapped Caligo’s shoulder, repeatedly, to wake him up.

Caligo woke up groggy and confused. Looking around he first spotted Aestus’s panicked, floofy face, than turning around, he saw the figure. He screamed and jumped to his feet in alarm, grabbing his sun in the process without even realising it, which cause him some panic when he didn’t see him on the ground for a few seconds before realising just what the weight in his arms was.

"who are you?!" Caligo more demanded than asked the figure

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

August 31, 2024 18:18:42  #5

The figured fell to the ground and vanished into the dew-coated earth before reappearing in front of them out of seemingly nowhere, emerging from the dew across the ground that had gathered into a small puddle.  Any facial expressions or details of such were close to impossible to tell.  But the figure began to speak, and yet, once more, no words were emitted from it's mouth.  Yet in the gods mind, on a vast blank slate of empty thoughts, a single word appeared: Come

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

September 1, 2024 06:53:50  #6

Aestus hissed at the figure, Caligo quickly clasped his hand over his beak to shut him up. "Um, lead the way?" Cal could feel his hair stand in edge, but it also didn’t feel like the figure was malicious, he can’t blame Aestus from being cautious either.

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

September 1, 2024 13:33:42  #7

The "spirit" lead them in what is assumed a straight line.  Long enough to come to a smaller town that was 48 miles from the capital.  A nice and quaint little town greeted the two gods.  Nothing special was really about it.  Other than it's clearly been around for a good while.  Small cottages scattered the land here and there and none seemed to really be very scary.  In fact, the town was rather lively, fruit and other vendors lined next to some cottages along the cobblestone roads.  They are likely the inhabitants themselves selling or bartering their goods to one another.  It seems the gods were warmly welcomed with a local innkeeper being well warned ahead of time for the arrival of the gods.  The innkeeper was a rather older man, old enough that shades of grey peeked through his black hair and carried a cane with him.  His attire was...rather formal.  Dressing himself into a ornate tuxedo.  Now either he had a really fancy date or he wanted to make a good first impression.  It's safe to assume he wanted to make a good first impression though.  The man gave the gods a cheerful smile and dismissed the "spirt" who vanished into a thin cloud of mist.  

"Master Caligo, Master Aestus, I bid you a warm welcome to our town.  This place is called Paltherna.  It's a bordering town of the capital.  We're a merchant town of sorts.  If you ever need any general or special goods, please do not hesitate to come along.  If you would both follow me, I will show you to your rooms.  The Kyng had given us a forewarning of your coming, thus is why this odd man has greeted you!" he said, giving a warm laughter.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

September 1, 2024 14:12:15  #8

"Hello it’s nice to meet you! Just our names is fine, what is yours also? This town is very lovely. Oh! What was that, ghost? It spooked both of us when we woke up" Caligo chatted excitedly, he hope it won’t offend the spirit, but it was nice to have an actual, loving person as a guide, is that offensive? Is the spirit alive and a person? He will feel awful for his actions if that is the case.
Aestus at least could relaxe now, even started preening Cal’s hair while he talked to the dapper old man.

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

September 2, 2024 10:17:17  #9

"Ohhohoho!  One question at a time please, this man can only get to answer so much! My name is Kani.  But some people call me Mr. K if you would like.  And that isn't a ghost, that's Catalyst.  It's a spirit of sorts.  I know nothing more than you would.  All I do know is that Catalyst serves our lord." Kani explained as he guided the two gods along the street.  

Last edited by wolffighting3768 (September 2, 2024 11:56:05)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

September 2, 2024 11:53:41  #10

"Sorry" Caligo say sheepishly "Kani is a nice name! Catalyst however…it’s um…a strange name." The word doesn’t have good implications in his book, but what does he know? Maybe it’s the catalyst to world peace! Yes, he will tell himself that until he believe it!

Aestus curled into a ball, he is so fluffy that he might be mistaken for a bundle of feather, especially with his beak tucked under a wing.

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

September 2, 2024 12:12:58  #11

"There is always one mystery that can never be solved I'm afraid.  So I don't really know much about it.  But mind you, anything else I could easily tell!  So please, ask away!" Kani replied back to the god and chuckled heartily.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

September 2, 2024 13:17:12  #12

"Oh! People mistook us for Garcarnians when we were in Lethera, so we were wondering, if there were other winged people here?" Caligo shyly asked, looking around to see if he might spot someone with wings, he has a strange mix of hope and mournfulness in his eyes.

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

September 2, 2024 16:48:21  #13

“Oh my, who told you that?  Garcarnia doesn’t have many winged citizens.  While we do have some, it’s rare and they are likely ambassadors or special guests in the capital.”

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

September 2, 2024 17:03:55  #14

"Oh…I hope we do get to meet them." He seemed sad but stayed determined, there are some , and that is enough.
"…what about Praxis? Crimson didn’t seem to like him much."

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

September 2, 2024 17:18:21  #15

“Oh?  You met the Kyng of Lethera?  A cocky man if I do say so myself.  But a man who cares first and foremost…” Kani paused as the three arrieved at a very rustic and rather….small Inn.  “The Silver Spring, my lovely and homely Inn, had m’wife name it when she was still here with us.  I hope that you’ll enjoy the stay here for the night.” He said and opened the doors for them.  The interior wasn’t anything special, really as rustic and as quaint as one would believe.  Tables and chairs scattered around neatly and a bar to boot in front.  Clearly the common area also served as a dining area.  A rather young looking woman stood at the bars head, a weary, yet gentle smile spread across her face as she saw two new guests and Kani.  “Welcome home Mr. Kani, and to you two Master Caligo and Master Aestus.”

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

September 3, 2024 09:05:07  #16

"Cosy!" Caligo remarked while looking around, a bit too focused on that as he didn’t realise the woman was there until she spoke
"Oh hello and thanks!" He was startled enough to accidentally have woken up Aestus, who quickly looked around, before relaxing again, giving a chirp as a greeting

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

September 3, 2024 09:42:09  #17

"Eli, please show them to their rooms, I am going to retire for the day.  I have some letters to write for our lord today.  So anything they need, please provide them with such.  Oh, and do me a favor while you're at it, please make sure they don't accidently run into the fireplace.  We already had an issue with it earlier this year and it's being worked on as we speak." Kani asked the woman and bowed before her and took his leave, vanishing outside back into the town.  Leaving the two gods with the woman named Eli.  

The woman smiled and pipped up after Kani left.  Much like her boss, her hair was wonderfully silvered either by time, dye or magics.  She was rather on the more...plump side of the humane figure, but wore a rather ornate barkeep dress with a cool blue apron stained in foods and spilled drinks. "Might you two be hungry right now?  As you can tell, we are also a humble diner of sorts.  We don't have much to offer today as we're still getting supplies from the capital and Lethera's port.  So all we can serve today is some potato soup with a side salad or a sandwich, which ever you choose.  I know they are simple meals, but they are easy to make and easy to cook in bulk.  And for drinks, we do serve more...hard drinks if you're feeling the merry sort, but other than that, we have waters and some mild spirits.  But please, welcome to the Silver Spring!" 

(Eli's outfit is a mix between a Victorian maid dress and a more formal...err what's the word, business type I guess would be the word) 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

September 3, 2024 10:05:32  #18

"It’s very kind of you but we don’t really need to eat" ‘and if you’re short on stock we’ll rather not take from what we don’t need‘ was left unsaid "i am not sure about Aestus but i prefer not to drink, but thanks you for the offer."
The last time he got drunk he apparently lamented on his unrequited crush, he would rather avoid this, especially here.

(Ooooo, seems pretty)

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

September 3, 2024 10:11:32  #19

"My, there is no need to be formal.  We have enough to serve you two easily.  So please, at least eat a small bowl.  Even if you don't need to eat anything, a homecooked meal is always wonderful.  Though I will not force you to eat." Eli said, ever so slightly taken aback at the gods choice of words.  In her small silence she poured two glasses of water for the gods and handed it to them.  "At the least, drink something to parch your thirst.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

September 3, 2024 10:34:54  #20

Caligo was about to refuse again when Aetsus bit his ear, he take it as the hint that it is "well if you insist, plus I think mr. grumpy here agrees with you" Aestus did look a hit grumpy, but that may just be his ruffled and puffed up feathers, especially when he realised he couldn’t even hold his own glass of water, Cal chuckles and held it for him, the sun has to relocated over the moon’s shoulder, which proved to be tricky balancing act, at least he could dig his talons in thanks to Cal’s braces protecting the skin.

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

September 3, 2024 10:40:15  #21

"Errr, perchance I could ask a question of you Master Aestus.  How long do you intent to stay a...dragonet of sorts?  Granted it's quite cute, but I am rather curious.  Unless...Master Aestus is a child and thus logic would apply that they would need to eat!" Eli said, almost joyfully.  It's rather clear that she didn't want Aestus or Caligo to go without eating something.  Not out of the kindness of her heart, but for the fact that she easily assumed they were hungry after a rather long journey to Garcarnia.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

September 3, 2024 13:50:34  #22

"Oh I think he is stuck like this, I was stuck as a dragon too for a while…but he has been like this for a lot longer than I was…you ok bud?" Aestus let out a long, mournful chirp. "…maybe a bowl for his water too?" Caligo asked sheepishly after a moment of thinking… he really need to remember how he turned back so he can help his sun.

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

September 3, 2024 14:00:59  #23

"By all means, I am glad to serve you!  A moment please!" Eli said and ducked behind the bar counter, clearly looking for a usable bowl.  "By the way Master Caligo, if you can turn into a dragon too, then that means you're not from Arithnia are you?  I mean, I could have told that by looking at your appearance regardless, but tell me about your home!  I'm quite interested since you're here." she asked, picking out a rather nice looking oak bowl and pouring a glass of water in it and putting it in front of Caligo.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

September 3, 2024 14:20:44  #24

"Ahah you are correct we are not from here." Caligo debate for a moment about how much to tell, meanwhile Aestus found his way on the counter to drink his water "we’re from a archipelago, the main island to be exact called Cantatio, it’s filled to the brim with magic, it’s, everywhere! From the animals to the plants to the very air!" Caligo smiled brightly, petting Aestus absentmindedly "I think out of all places, my favorite is the stellar planes, it has star magic in everything, the sky is a constant night sky, the stars and galaxy alway on display…" he sigh "I miss it." Aestus rubbed his head against Cal hand "n-not that this place isn’t great! But it’s home, where our family is."

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

September 3, 2024 16:38:49  #25

"Oftentimes we can't pick what we like and ignore what we don't.  A world that sounds like a utopia is nothing but a mere facade in the eyes of others.  Home isn't where you're from, it's where you decide it to be.  Quite literally, "Home is where the Heart is".  And Genesis sounds quite unique if there is magic flowing to no bounds.  Lethera's Kyng may like that since it would be easier to get around...." Eli paused for a moment and looked at the Inn's door before snapping her attention back to the god.  "And I'm sure you miss the place you call home, especially among the stars, after all, gods of celestial bodies don't exactly become..."Down to Earth" so to speak."

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

September 3, 2024 17:11:48  #26

Caligo froze "how do you know the name of our planet? Or what we are?" Caligo asked, a little suspicious of their host now.

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

September 3, 2024 17:36:44  #27

"My lord has filled me in partly about who you are and what you've done due to the fact that you would be staying with us for the night.  Our Kyng, Praxis is a member of the High Council after all, and so is Lethera's Kyng, Crimson.  So it's reasonable to say that they would have shared some information of you two.  It would be rather odd and rude to see two gods coming from another world appearing at our town with no word of arrival.  it would cause quite a good amount of trouble after all.  Arithnia doesn't let just anyone in her world you know." 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

September 3, 2024 17:51:01  #28

"Oh right, of course, sorry." Caligo visibly relaxed, feeling a bit sheepish for reacting like this, Aestus rubbed his head against him, an attempt to comfort his moon
"You are correct, I talked about the good stuff, but Genesis is far from an utopia, especially recently…" he seems sad. "You say that Arithnia ‘ let people in’…is it- her? Alive? Sentient in some way?"

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

September 3, 2024 18:03:47  #29

"Sorry, I shouldn't have spooked you like that Master.  And yes, you are right.  At least, to a certain degree.  Arithnia is alive, yes, and sentient.  But as to how and why, I'm deeply afraid we, as the people of Garcarnia, even Lethera and the Isle of the Forgotten, can't tell you.  As not only is it deeply rooted into our Soul.  But also a secret we all take to the grave." 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

September 3, 2024 18:12:44  #30

"I can respect that, some secrets are not to be learned or shared." His friend certainly taught him that "you also don’t need to call us masters, it feel a little strange."

they/them
you can call me Vio
sun and moon brainrot 

Board footera