GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 27, 2024 21:13:25  #10081

Re: Cosmic Dim. (V. XVIII), You're Correct but You're Not Right

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Apparently my wish to write has translated into obsessing over the timing of when Time put out the Hidden Sails signup thread

Specifically my mind is blaming me for not submitting a character and thinking it was my fault, but in my defence the entire thing was literally just the entirety of the semester's finals season. Like even in hindsight there is no hecking way (again, a skill issue but a somewhat logical one for once)

But anyways, it's probably good 'cause I don't think I'd have much to add to the squad of the submitted characters. In that genre my characters tend to be more NPC-ish (it's intentional but still)
Also, I need to be the one to personally inflict agony on my characters. Not 'cause I'm particularly sadistic (the opposite actually) but because it's only when I do it that I feel like I can trust it's meaningful[????] a very illogical way of thinking about it but I digress

-Galaxian-

I understand. You may take the "character building" more a different way compared to me. However, I should still say that while it really isn't a hard announcement, I'm taking openings still. Probably not for "main cast" rolls, but faces you'll see every now and then. They probably won't be as explored, or have as strong of an arc, but still open.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

July 27, 2024 21:32:07  #10082

More than differences between our character building styles, I just hecking suck at story-writing xD
I dunno when I could start on a form to begin with (says the heckin' forum spammer), but let me know if there's a particular role or sort of character you might be looking for, and I can rummage around and see if I can find any in my roster. Rn all I have in mind would be 2 characters who already exist, but neither of them are particularly cut out for a side character sort of role (well, I don't think they fit the main character role either so they're just kinda weird), so unless they have a purpose I wouldn't be confident enough to put them out there
Also if you're wondering why I don't just. Make someone, I suck at character creation lol (I might not suck as much as I think, but I haven't really done it in earnest in a hot while, especially for something that someone else is working on)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

July 27, 2024 23:07:52  #10083

I was wondering when Zuo Le would get a banner. Whaddya know.

Guess where my Orundum is going next lol

(I'm quite fond of Zuo Le. He reminds me of Xuqiao. Plus he seems like an earnest fellow. He's cute, look at him)

Idk why you guys don't go after me for my love of red and blue paired together, but it's alright, quite good actually. please don't (not sarcasm, please don't)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 27, 2024 23:08:54  #10084

Putting this joke here in advance, if I don't get him it will be because of this

Hey Zuo Le, if your joy is to the left, what's to the right (hopefully no one kills me for this)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 27, 2024 23:16:11  #10085

The girl he'll share a banner with is named Shu. She has pretty horns

And then him, Czerny, and Noir Corne(? I think)

Current event art?

Lin Yuhsia is so pretty lol

And then just some epic fanart

He has a sword and he's so cool :D

Btw it really doesn't take much to impress me lol, if it wasn't obvious already.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 27, 2024 23:18:55  #10086

Sorry Specter if Noir Corne's name causes you to have a stroke, I didn't name him (I would do worse)
Dude Has a Mask

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 28, 2024 01:11:04  #10087

HIS NAME IS DARK CORN??????

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Fictional Men <3
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

July 28, 2024 02:29:08  #10088

No it means "black horn" just in a grammatically incorrect way (*glances at F/GO's "La Grondement du Haine"*) (I probably capitalised that wrong too sorry Specter)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 28, 2024 20:20:19  #10089

Whooo in the world thought "oh yeah for this 90++ farming node, we should make the final enemy have one million HP"
Don't get me wrong, I can do it, but only 'cause I have Oberon. And Summer Hokusai. (I maxed out her first skill at first 'cause I was using Siegfried. Turns out that was unnecessary)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 28, 2024 20:30:21  #10090

Owari no Seraph's second OP being from Fripside has randomly propelled me right back into listening the songs from Toaru Kagaku no Railgun
Iirc I'm mostly caught up with that series as anime go. I remember finishing T, anyways. As for Toaru Majutsu no Index...I don't like Index enough for that lol. 

Being Misaka Mikoto is suffering: The side story

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 28, 2024 20:34:57  #10091

I appreciate the tsundere who wears shorts under her short skirt (when she's acting logically tsundere not annoyingly tsundere), but my favorite is still the frog-looking doctor who's so good he's about to be a medical god (I know like nothing about him)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 29, 2024 01:48:15  #10092

Beat 5-7 with two stars. I'm okay with that lol (none of my operators are E2.10 but they still got through)

I'll probably be able to do that level once I have better levelled up Snipers. 

The name of the level is so funny because the story is Ch'en and Hoshiguma together, and then the title is just "In Life and In Death" which reads like a marriage vow. And yes, I skewed it a lot lol.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 29, 2024 02:00:14  #10093

Just some level spoilers lol

*Veteran Junkmen now have regenerative abilities*
E2.10 recommendation (again)
NOOOOO

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 29, 2024 02:28:23  #10094

Yan Qing quickly becoming my spirit...guy for going to beat up Moriarty (the younger one) for no reason under the guise of being a vigilante or whatever

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 30, 2024 17:48:35  #10095

Arknights: The high-rarity characters Galaxian likes are mostly from Leithanian and goats (and probably not meta)

I bought Diamante with shop vouchers. Reasons why I did that? Thought he looked cool, also saw on his profile that he helps with Necrosis. Turns out he's also a goat. The irony.

I finished Annihilation 2. Annihilation 3, which I tried before knowing it was 3 (idk which one I tried first but it was brutal lol, way above my current skill level), has a difficulty spike that I know I need to prep for, so yeah. I might still try it next reset tho. I didn't get very far last time (I hate Arts Masters. Blegh), but maybe I've levelled up my Snipers better this time...?

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 30, 2024 17:51:20  #10096

Nvm I'm feeling like I gave myself a challenge, we're going in NOW! WASTING 25 STAMINA FOR NOTHING! GOGOGOGO!

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 30, 2024 18:16:39  #10097

Got to 325/400 (335 if you count the 10 leaked)

I'm fine with that since last time I got 249 and died to the Arts Masters.
This is fine. (Shaw is still on strike I think)

Totter an MVP btw lol (for being able to target invisible enemies)
I need to figure out if there's better positioning for him and the Medics. Rn the layout kinda bothers me.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 30, 2024 18:36:20  #10098

Poseidon's gameplay is so hecking cool, it's just that it's equally hard to learn

Basically he has 3 "skills", but actually if you mix and match different skills, you get different effects. For instance, 1-2-2, or 1-3-3. 1-2-3 yields an AOE attack, 1-3-3 is a damage reflection based on trait, etc.
Coupled with the animations and effects it's really compelling. You can get "lord of the sea" vibes. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 30, 2024 18:41:02  #10099

However he also is a whale character (if you don't have some skill of his levelled up you can't use some of the skills in his playset)
I think this is the case anyways. Or I suck at skill tome hoarding, which might be the case. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 30, 2024 20:15:13  #10100

Losing it over Helge and Ambryll, for totally different reasons
Helge is so hilarious fidsjofoisdf

Also love when you sketched 12 outfits for a character (like 14 if you count all the additions and accessories that could be their own outfits) and only 1 works. yeah.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 31, 2024 18:03:58  #10101

Zuo Le obtained in the second multi and Shu in a single afterwards
I got so many duplicates of existing operators (some of them not levelled lol). I swear 4 stars are more common than 3 stars tho. Anyways apparently the horrific joke wasn't enough to deter him (since he's here on a job). Great :D ammo for the future :D (joking, I don't exploit my operators...hopefully.)

Anyways we're stuck levelling again lol (plus I have a Promotion rut with Guards and Defenders...and probably every class except for Medic tbh)
I still need to promote Nearl and now Shu is here as well.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 3, 2024 17:36:15  #10102

Finished with ArtFight right before the deadline :D (and no it wasn't just now, I just got back home and can post now)
Nothing impressive from me, but I think I got a lot hecking better at using the stylus within a few days than I thought I'd be capable of. Also, I finished all my goals (which was to attack everyone who'd drawn Galaxian last year) with a technical extra, so I'm happy. My brain is so dead now though lol, no colouring or linework for me for at least a week. I'm just gonna stick to sketches and writing. 
Btw I still really wanna write but also my brain wants to implode from all the trauma that I made it endure through thinking on a certain piece. (The price of traumatising others: I get extra trauma, exacerbated by my turtle work pace)
(Also I still need to finish the two profiles at least for no reason because I literally will have to redraw next year anyways)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 3, 2024 17:52:04  #10103

My mind decided to start a new thing at 3 A.M. too. I was asleep. Thanks.

I have had 12 hours to think about something, and that something is that I would be crucified by even atheist Chinese if I genderbent Yue Fei for no reason. Okay, I'll go genderbend someone else (/j, I wouldn't do that to the women)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 3, 2024 19:26:39  #10104

Also I speedran the event story for Here a People Sows within 2 days. 1 day was just spent trying to figure out how to trap the boss in a narrow alleyway (/hj, it's a narrow field...way. There's water. It's not an alley)

Got past the E2.10 recommendation by using the old strategy of Surround and Nuke to the Best of My Ability. Pretty neat. Auto has only failed once so far, which is a good sign. The frame rate helped one of the trash mobs get past my Defender lol. 
Thoughts on the actual plot?

The Sui siblings are gonna be something to keep track of for sure. I barely remember their names. I think we have Chongyue, Ji, Wang, a deceased Dajie (Big Sister), Nian, Ling, and Shu...? 
You don't get the utter hilarity I find in the Sui's remnants just being some Glob at first sight. 

Plot-wise, it was fine. I think I mostly kept track of what went on with Zuo Le because I don't remember enough for the political side of what goes on in Yan, save for a few names and familiar faces. And then I'm also not entirely sure what goes on with the Feranmut remains, though I get the gist. Shu's sacrifice was a thing for sure, but because I didn't know her character that well, I didn't feel that sad. Respect tho, I wanna learn more about her as I go along. 
I need to read the original in Chinese or something, it felt like English was getting in the way of the emotions lol.
Overall an okay event, I didn't find it that special tho. Zuo Le carried it for me along with the thematic messages behind Shu's actions for all these years in Dahuang. Glad they're both here.

Now to farm for a costume and welfare I probably won't level...

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 3, 2024 19:28:15  #10105

Btw, I have 106 shards for Kanon. 
14 more. The Day of Forced Labour approaches.

Actually, I was wondering if maybe Kanon won't come on his own because Vilhelm doesn't have a younger brother...? (/j it's 'cause of the atrocious general pool rates)
That can be arranged, @Kanon. Just let me know. (*I drag a 1.88 meters tall man here as he kicks and screams*)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 3, 2024 20:36:13  #10106

I think even if I lived in the medieval times I could have figured out that the brain (wrote Brian. Thanks Brian) has two hemispheres 'cause one side is obsessing about SS AU characters (the Cancer and Virgo, just to be clear) while thinking about insects and then then the other side is being an Ancient Chinese history nerd (and thinking about Spanish, idk what's up with that side)

And yes that's 4 sides. What do you mean I said there were 2?
fifth side is trying to figure out Ancient Chinese texts, making up all 5 major regions. See, I could have been a genius psychologist

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 3, 2024 20:37:10  #10107

Also looping the newest ED for HYXHN does not count, I always do that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38hBIKJmpP0

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 3, 2024 20:39:16  #10108

Local ?????? types neurologist instead of psychologist.
Look, I said I'd be a professional at coming up with bizarre theories on the human mind and its anatomy/workings, not a genius in general at coming up with the right words. 

I think I'd come up with less cursed stuff than Freud actually.

Updated answer to the "would you travel to the past or future if you had a time machine?" The past, so I can see if I can come up with more cursed stuff than Freud. Surefire way of leaving my mark on history

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 3, 2024 20:41:11  #10109

"I should read more Chinese poems" you know why I don't? Because it's too much emotional damage. 
Du Fu why are you so good.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 3, 2024 21:47:37  #10110

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed