GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 20, 2024 22:29:15  #10021

Re: Cosmic Dim. (V. XVIII), You're Correct but You're Not Right

In today's episode of Galaxian is definitely normal over their favorite characters, can one of their favorites kill the other? Stay tuned for the neeeext episode!
(Rai is giving me a Look. I need to be more careful in case he thinks about sending Raez lol)
(oh hey actually could Raez fistfight Run? Dang next episode preview! See you in the-- *is pwned*)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

July 20, 2024 22:31:16  #10022

Love how Run's Intelligence stat got updated to Unknown for some unknown reason (I can guess at the reason)
Look, it isn't his fault that the plot said "ooh time to sacrifice yourself ooh"

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 20, 2024 22:36:10  #10023

Love how I'm here like "hmm what setting would Rai need to be able to be on equal terms with Run in ranged combat? Would Run be able to react to bullets?" meanwhile I'm like "oh yeah Raez without a weapon could grapple Run for a lil bit probably"
Really shows the benefit of being able to blitz someone and confiscate their Teigu. I guess. (I'm not 100% certain Raez could actually do that but I think he'd be able to pull off a strike-and-retreat ambush on Run, while for some reason I feel like Run would be extra observant of Rai. Plus Rai isn't the most ambush-y guy anyways)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 20, 2024 22:37:12  #10024

Wiley is saying he'd die.
That's right you would, buddy. He's way out of your range. Dw you can manifest your E rank luck in places where I need it.
No ofc not where you need it, where would you even need E rank luck? Silly boy. You silly lil goose, nerd guy, crazy scientist (*walks off giggling maniacally*). 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 20, 2024 22:39:51  #10025

The fact that I implied that Raez can jump like 50 feet in the air and wrestle someone is a blunder on my part, pretend you didn't see it (this is once again a joke. the scenario implied Run wasn't hovering or flying yet)

But also the parentheses lie, he can. Terrifying guy with fish-coloured eyes, truly.

...hey, that's making me wonder if his eyes would also smell like fish? Do eyes smell like anything?
(my characters drag me to a psych ward) 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 20, 2024 23:07:01  #10026

Didn't expect to find the idea of Grasshopper Raez from drawing Run but here we are

Tempted to make him peace sign for no reason (Hitan feel free to pwn me now)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 21, 2024 01:16:41  #10027

Drawing Run is kinda just
-The shape of his eyes? Yes (cool eyelash framing bro but wth)
-Manga Run is coloured like lemon Playdough, if you put him in front of a white sheet I'm pretty sure all you could see would be his hair and maybe his irises (assuming they're gold not green). 
-Dude's hair is blessed with something that hair gel cannot surpass
-Also every time I look at references for him I'm reminded that not even his original character designer/artist could get him right lol, he has like 16 different faces. Also the anime's character reference sheet for him is worse than some frames. So it's not my fault that I'm so bad at this, surely.

No but seriously he doesn't pass the flip test for a good number of these references. So it's not my fault, it's definitely not (I'm coping so hard lol)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 21, 2024 01:22:08  #10028

Drawing him is some of the greatest agony I inflict on myself, but it's worth it for the one time I'll be able to try to draw him giving Hitan a piggyback ride
^ the sign of someone who fell into a hole 600 miles deep years ago and can't get out

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 21, 2024 01:30:46  #10029

Vio coming in and seeing my spamming be like

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 22, 2024 02:55:01  #10030

Douman: (*says "Mmmnmmm" instead of "MMMMMMM"*)
Me: Oh you lil--YAN QING GET HIM.

Also I lied on not getting Voyager's best friend, I had to. 2 multis and she came, thank the gods.
(Pale Blue Dot catalyst fr crying at the Pale Blue Dot catalyst fr)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 22, 2024 05:09:47  #10031

Finally got through Caca's hecking boss fight by using the following team:
Aries Mu, Surplice Shion, Balron Lune, Pisces Albafica, Hades Shun, and Eagle Marin

Lune an MVP for being immune to being stonelocked and also being able to purge it from one ally and also for being able to stack Burns along with Albafica's Bleed, oh my gods. Almost makes me feel bad for making fun of him (I do not feel bad)
Other MVPs: Literally everyone (Mu for having multiple single-target defences, Surplice Shion for having a free single-target defence, Hades Shun for giving Albafica more moves, Marin for AOE heals as per usual)
Btw if you're wondering why I didn't use Shun. I did. But the boi so slow, he a turtle (the enemies act before he can put AOE defences up)

Next up, karma (fake Ikki stacks 8000 burns. As it turns out, Caca is not dead yet. Most OP Marina General fr)
I need a hecking Castoria in this game. Anti-Purge Defence and debuff cleansing sound really really good. C'mon Saint Seiya, don't let Fate one-up you, make an OP healer (I actually dunno if Ophiuchus Odysseus purges debuffs actually, 'cause I don't have him.)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 22, 2024 19:33:43  #10032

My mind really recreated the Wailing Wall scene for my dream last night.
Okay. (*in immense agony*)

Also my attitude towards Camus really is just
Me: (*points at Hyoga*) Look at what you did to him! The boy has depression!!

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 22, 2024 19:42:01  #10033

I've been thinking about what the Gold Saints could even do to counter Algol's OP shield and I think I came up with this
Mu: Crystal Wall could probably work. He could probably confiscate the shield telekinetically as well (as you will be able to tell, it depends on how Algol's shield even works)
Aldebaran: Idk if he could brute force before Algol gets him, he's apparently vulnerable to sudden/sneak attacks/crowd control
Saga/Kanon: Could probably just use an illusion, assuming Medusa's effect doesn't go through illusions (we just know it doesn't work with mirroring/shielding and blinding oneself)
Deathmask: Feel free to suggest ideas 'cause I don't have any.
Aiolia: Yeah uh, I don't think he would punch fast enough. 
Shaka: It's hecking Shaka, he could probably "no u" the entire thing
Dohko: Uhhh maybe he could throw a shield first and then pwn Algol himself fast enough?? He does have a lot of shiny weapons. Plus there's no way he doesn't know about the shield and its effects. He has an experience buff
Milo: I'm sorry but my guy is getting stoned
Aiolos: Don't think shooting or punching fast enough would solve the problem
Shura: Maybe he could manage chopping the shield apart with his arm immediately after getting petrified? idk, just thinking about how apparently all 4 of his limbs (as of the Sanctuary arc) are Excaliburified, so if he's fast enough (and he does seem to react quite fast) he could maybe get rid of the problem at the source.
Camus: Maybe he could manage to refract the effect with ice if he moves fast enough...? Emphasis on reaction speed on this one too for sure, though I'm not sure if refraction is enough compared to reflection.
Aphrodite: He could probably manage to cast a Bloody Rose or Piranha Rose right after being hit knowing him, idk if that'd be enough to break through the shield compared to Shura's Excalibur though (I mean yes he did obliterate the Andromeda Cloth but that's a Bronze Cloth after all)

Algol is so funny 'cause he technically has one of the most OP things to work with but he himself kinda hecking sucks ngl. (Silver Saints pwned bad for the plot)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 22, 2024 19:44:06  #10034

Run is so funny because he's so handsome and all, yes, but also his hairline is like 200 miles above where the forehead usually starts.
I swear I was just gonna say that I need to figure out how much I need to tweak his design to adjust to my artstyle.
(I feel like Wave would be this close to punching me for this)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 22, 2024 19:54:39  #10035

Btw the above is an exaggeration, it's clearly just a stylistic thing. 
Saint Seiya is actually worse in this department for me. 'Cause when the hair is parted to two sides, like it is for Mu and Shaka, you can see the usual hairlines (horizontally across the top of the forehead, and also vertically towards the back of the head):

Goes out of the window for a lot of the others tho.

Man. (*the "man" of skill issues*)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 22, 2024 20:03:12  #10036

He's so expressive for a guy whose eyebrows are stitched to the top of his eyelids

Alt title: Saintia Sho Milo looking good in screenshots

Also constantly making fun of Saga for having a constant angry face on to hide his constantly ongoing depression and existential crises
(I have 84 shards of Kanon, 36 more to go [18 more days to go if I get 2 donations every day])

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 22, 2024 20:05:11  #10037

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 22, 2024 20:05:29  #10038

I need to double-check to see if Kanon is even in the general pool lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 22, 2024 20:07:18  #10039

Also! I just remembered, why the heck am I playing the long-term barbeque game with Ikki when I can just use Shura again :DDDDD (it might not work)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 22, 2024 20:14:58  #10040

ND's ending is really just me wondering what happened

Ok, so Sanctuary no longer exists (and so ig the minor gods might be able to destroy Earth when they feel like it), and Athena/Saori is just a mortal now, and Saints as a concept also no longer exist. So Seiya's also just some guy now, which is fine ig, he deserves a more normal life. Shiryu and Hyoga are just...somewhere (not shown). Ikki probably exists 'cause Shun does, but he also didn't appear.
So what about all the people who died? What about the Underworld? Does that exist again? Are the dead Silver and Gold Saints still just souls wandering around (esp the Gold Saints who apparently follow Saori around) or did they somehow get reincarnated?

And yes, I am trying to figure out which outcome is worse, the Tenkai-Hen turning them into statues to feel agony for eternity to repent for the humans going against the gods, or them just. No longer hecking existing. Like what the actual heck. I wanna believe that everyone from the cast is just now an ordinary human living an ordinary life somehow but that doesn't actually make sense.

The funny option is just me imagining that everyone who died is still just dead, and the Gold Saints specifically are just following Saori around wondering what the heck happened. Like yea they know what happened but also, what the heck. What.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 22, 2024 20:18:18  #10041

I'm here thinking that maybe the shenanigans I pulled with the hecking Forum (SAMB/SFMB/etc.) world weren't that crazy after all, should I just canonify all that anyways

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 22, 2024 21:23:52  #10042

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Also! I just remembered, why the heck am I playing the long-term barbeque game with Ikki when I can just use Shura again :DDDDD (it might not work)

Guess what worked (:
The power of siblinghood vs. the power of heckin' choppity choppity

Who would win--some guy named after folklore monsters vs. Spanish guy wielding Bri'ish sword with a Japanese name serving a Greek goddess
(Spoiler: it's the Spanish guy)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 22, 2024 21:31:07  #10043

Weeoo weeoo, the guy named after folklore monsters imitated the Spanish guy wielding a British sword, uh oh

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 23, 2024 01:17:52  #10044

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I need to double-check to see if Kanon is even in the general pool lol

He is, along with who knows how many people. But he isn't part of the pity pool, unlike literally every other Gold Saint of the 20th century (Mu to Aphrodite plus both versions of Shion). My guy knows he's meta.
Anyways, I'm gonna drag some explody 28-year-old man here, even if he's kicking and screaming at the same time (does Sea Dragon Kanon coming on his own count as him agreeing to be friends with Wiley?) (I can hear the scream lol) (scream as in "GALAXIAN EXPLOSION" *is Galaxian Explosioned*)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 24, 2024 02:27:42  #10045

Story mode is currently "You learned how to stall? Now try high-speed C.defence piercing Galaxian hecking Explosion"

Gonna try high-speed Silencing to see if that works. I at least need to Silence Saga for sure, hopefully Nero Priest is up to it lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 24, 2024 02:28:05  #10046

Also I hate going out lol (headache central)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 24, 2024 17:49:49  #10047

Arknights event spoilers

I found this super cool video :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gg_rZ6fpao

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 24, 2024 21:21:02  #10048

Y'know this is the second time where me brainrotting over Run coincided exactly with me getting mad at a naive god in F/GO getting bulldozed over with their own naivety.
Coincidence? I really don't think so, but also I don't know why.

last time was LB 4 btw, when I level 100ed Changgong

Sea Dragon Kanon and Gemini Saga going "For the honour of the Gold Saints!" is literally so funny btw, it doesn't make any sense unless I stretch it. 
I do like the voice acting though, if I haven't mentioned that before. It's pretty good. 15-year-old Kanon sounds more bratty rather than just diabolical (which I think is how he sounded in the Poseidon arc adaptation if I recall correctly).
"SAGA! NII-SAN!" while Saga is walking away from his prison cell in Cape Sounion is a really nice future callback if that makes any sense at all. 
Btw I've always headcanoned that Kanon calls Saga nii-san either when they actually get along or to get on Saga's nerves, there is no in-between. Whereas Aiolia is always "nii-san, nii-san." 
I like the sibling dynamics I've headcanoned. They're very funny.

Also also, I dunno how I forget how I have 500 pictures of Run saved in various places every time I try to draw him. Not that this actually helps me 'cause again, the dude has a lot of different faces. But still, it'd save me a bit of work in copying references. 
I've always found Run really funny because even though I can't him, I don't think I come across a lot of fanart that depicts him correctly either. Like yea you can recognise the design for a lot of them, but usually it's less Run and more so "a blond guy who kinda bears a resemblance to him and is definitely wearing his clothes". Sometimes when it gets bad, it's just "a handsome blond guy with the Run tag who's associated with white." 
I appreciate anime Run looking like he's wearing white but actually having pretty grey clothes lol. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 24, 2024 21:23:41  #10049

Full disclosure in advance, if I ever share my art of Run it will be subject to the exact failure that I've mentioned above. Not dissing anyone, I appreciate all the artists of the...7 fanworks out there (/j there's probably...15?? 20 max??)
It's less failure, more so just, idk. Collective struggling.

Every time I draw Run I come up with the exact old joke of "what if I just drew him like Hitan" but as it turns out, I'm not kidding about them looking really different.
Hitan's more blocky (again, not joking, his features and build are literally more blocky) and sad lol Run hides all his vengeance behind that nice smile

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 24, 2024 21:29:21  #10050

(*points at Hei Xiaohu threateningly*) You're next (idk he might be. You never know. I never know. Who knows?

I really need to draw out a design for humanized Hongmao lol
In theory it sounds fun, but I just keep on trying and failing on sketching Run idk. Maybe it's the fact that as soon as I sketch Hongmao the entire protagonist cast will be up to grabs.
Yay.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera