GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 11, 2024 17:20:13  #901

Re: "We don't know what to name this" - Chat thread for Time and Galaxian

Time wrote:

Oh I was intending my run with Urdim and stuff with mods. Tbh I think I should have added the more radical mods, like alien resistance members and stuff because that would have been cool. Could have allowed people to make alien characters too

Ah yes, me the people. I think signup threads nowadays can really get restricted by what people are doing real life, and even XCOM 2 got that. R.I.P.
If I were a writer writing a verse with multiple species I think I'd be called racist by the readers or smthn, so far the only "alien" character I have was a concept of someone called Antares for Xenon and he isn't even submitted (:

Time wrote:

Well Limbus Players can be illiterate too so don't worry

I reckon if Specter can read it, I should be fine. My memory can be trash for things I don't explicitly try to remember though.

Time wrote:

That does seem funny ngl. But I mean there are loud sounds and like, dreadful music. I played in complete darkness with red ambient light to get into the mood, but I'm pretty sure things get a lot less scary if

1. You play with the lights on/during the day
2. Somewhat turn down the volume
3. Up the gamma settings in game

Though by that point it loses it's ambiance imo.

Ah yes playing during the day to scare my mom.
The volume is usually very low but I'll try to remember these tips. Thank you for them xD I'll let you know when I can play it. Before that I probably would buy Minecraft first though, so I can invite you guys to a server and then die or something.

Time wrote:

Nah I'd just do a lot of studying on poets and just copy some of their techniques its fine right?

Sure, something tells me people wouldn't be able to notice anyways. xD

Time wrote:

Honestly reading Shakespeare really isn't the ideal way to consume it. It's a play after all, so I think lots of comedic moment and implications are lost without the performance of the actors.

Valid point. Counterpoint, live performances don't have subtitles and I do not have the patience to watch recorded performances. (personal issue I know)

Time wrote:

I figured as much. Fate has a lot of characters anyways.

He a silly clown man.

Time wrote:

I thought the lore was that the "phone" was actually a neural network in the Doctor's mind, connecting them to Rhodes Island. Which I actually like a lot more.

Yes, but warping the lore to them having to stare at a phone is funny to me, and you know me, funny > cool. (half joking?)

Time wrote:

Hopefully. I will go insane if they remove the story content from the game. How far did you get into the event anyways? Since you started a day's ahead of me, we're definitely around the same level.

I'll keep an eye on the Information Processing section to see if your sanity goes bye. 
I can almost pass that one level requiring Elite 1 (I get run over by some guys at the very end every attempt), which is like barely anywhere but it is what it is. I think I maybe spaced my resources a bit too thin. But I finished the investigations!

Time wrote:

Side note. Comparing the event's visual novel sections between and the first episodes, I can already sense that the writing team has gotten a LOT better at writing. I didn't even really have to try to pick out improvements. Like, the biggest one  that I saw that that the writers actually DESCRIBED what was happening around the characters instead of just moving some sprites around screen and making noise, with characters saying what is happening.

Yeah, but tbh even the start was better than I was expecting. I feel like at least there's quite a bit of suspense. F/GO really struggled in early story, almost all the way up to the 5th Singularity (6th chapter?) so yeah.

Time wrote:

Yeah. I've heard that Arknights is pretty generous with units. Which played a factor in me deciding to play or not.
I don't think I'll be using Virtuosa for the time being. I'm guessing she's newer, so she might be a little bit more complex. I'll use her on later tho. As for my standard 6 star, I got Archetto. I don't think I've received a 5 star yet tho...?

I have Archetto too. I think the lower rarity Operators are easier to promote though, so I've been doing that. I'm a bit short of Supports at the moment ngl. 
Any Operator you really like to use? 
Also, did you wanna be friends in the game? My base is a lil shabby atm lol.

Time wrote:

Because I love being nonchalant and mysterious. Though really I think it's moreso just I wanted to collect my thoughts on it more before speaking on it. Otherwise I was more on the basis of "won't talk about it unless it comes into the convo". It was similar to Limbus Company.

Ok, just the Time brand then. Feel free not to talk too much on it then, but would you mind talking about gameplay? I find it interesting to see how different beginner players are approaching things. :-P

Time wrote:

Most of my perspective on Fate designs are that they're just eh. They're serviceable. Much of them are pretty plain. They don't really make up for it in cool factor for me either. I mean, most of them are just everyday outfits. Grounded designs can be nice, and I do have examples where I like them, but for some reason I find most of these designs not interesting. Though I think Artoria's outfit is nice. I mean, you can tell she's a swordswoman/knight by looking at her. She's probably more calmer and reserved as well normally due to her hairstyle and the blue coloring. That's about all for now. Though ofc this is my knowledge of Fate, not exactly F/GO.

Nah, it's interesting to hear. Thanks!

Time wrote:

Yeah I guess so. I think different designs would correlate to different promotional material/tactics.
On the mention of Avengers, I looked a bit and I totally forgot seeing Oda Nobunaga's design. I like her design a lot actually. Especially when she has that big gun.

The Archer version? 
Ngl Nobu is dope. I love Okita's design too. 

-Galaxian-

The end descends

May 13, 2024 09:50:11  #902

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Ah yes, me the people. I think signup threads nowadays can really get restricted by what people are doing real life, and even XCOM 2 got that. R.I.P.
If I were a writer writing a verse with multiple species I think I'd be called racist by the readers or smthn, so far the only "alien" character I have was a concept of someone called Antares for Xenon and he isn't even submitted (:

I mean sci-fi/fantasy racism is a real thing that's used all the time yk

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I reckon if Specter can read it, I should be fine. My memory can be trash for things I don't explicitly try to remember though.

Honestly a good bit of it is incomprehensible the first time around. Lore/story vids definitely help with understanding the plot. I watched the 2 hour long one!

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Ah yes playing during the day to scare my mom.
The volume is usually very low but I'll try to remember these tips. Thank you for them xD I'll let you know when I can play it. Before that I probably would buy Minecraft first though, so I can invite you guys to a server and then die or something.

Ha, I see. I personally haven't played minecraft in years.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

He a silly clown man.

Yeah I saw the guy
why did they do that? Do they have a lore reason?

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I can almost pass that one level requiring Elite 1 (I get run over by some guys at the very end every attempt), which is like barely anywhere but it is what it is. I think I maybe spaced my resources a bit too thin. But I finished the investigations!

Idk how far that is, but I think I just won't participate in the event or just skip the story and do only the stages or smth because I want to go through the world and lore in a proper order.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Yeah, but tbh even the start was better than I was expecting. I feel like at least there's quite a bit of suspense. F/GO really struggled in early story, almost all the way up to the 5th Singularity (6th chapter?) so yeah.

I mean I guess, but like, for example the entire first arc is "We just have to go a little bit further!!" but idk how far our rendezvous point even is?
But yeah at least there is some tension in the air. Characters are not nonchalant about things.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Any Operator you really like to use?

Not particularly yet. I do put respect on the 3 star operators' names tho. Low cost, yet can really handle the situations at hand. Most of the team I'm using is 3 star, besides Amiya and a couple 4 stars.
I guess I'll go with Amiya because she's basically the MC and most lore relevant character in the team. I do want to see more of her personality and development tho (which I will get with her being MC of course).

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Also, did you wanna be friends in the game? My base is a lil shabby atm lol.

Sure! I do need clues anyways (still am not too sure how that system works)

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Ok, just the Time brand then. Feel free not to talk too much on it then, but would you mind talking about gameplay? I find it interesting to see how different beginner players are approaching things. :-P

No, I mean once we're in a convo I'm probably not going to shut it down. I don't mind talking about things I enjoy after all.
I'm still trying to identify the style I'm going to go with. I'm guessing my playstyle is pretty standard for a new player:
High pressure at choke points, while using guard/vanguard operators to draw attention away from ranged units. Guards counter elite casters, and slow support + caster counter standard elites.
I do try to observe the paths taken by the enemy units. Especially when there are more elite units, since they tend to stand around and linger a lot more often compared to standard enemies. That gives us more time to thin the crowd and prepare for the actual threats.
Eventually I'm going to have to learn how to spread my units out a bit more in a way that doesn't stuff them all in a corner, but we'll see how that turns out.
I do also try to prepare by reading my units' skills and stats, though that's pretty easy since all of them only have basic skills. I try to do the same for enemies if I fail the stage.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

The Archer version? 
Ngl Nobu is dope. I love Okita's design too. 

Yeah I think that's the one? Idk she has a big gun and I like that.
As to Okita, I think her's is ok. She kinda looks like Saber (yes Ik she also is a Saber class), but to me as an outsider it's just a robe and jacket (ik it's not a jacket, whatever you call those in Japanese)

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

May 13, 2024 22:16:59  #903

Time wrote:

I mean sci-fi/fantasy racism is a real thing that's used all the time yk

Well yes, but from a meta perspective, being called racist in a sci-fi way is also not fun. xD

Time wrote:

Honestly a good bit of it is incomprehensible the first time around. Lore/story vids definitely help with understanding the plot. I watched the 2 hour long one!

2 hours?? 

Time wrote:

Ha, I see. I personally haven't played minecraft in years.

Is it not your style of game or something? Personally I suck at building xD, but since you're the future engineer guy I'm guessing that's not the problem. 

Time wrote:

Yeah I saw the guy
why did they do that? Do they have a lore reason?

I'm not familiar with Mephistopheles in Fate or in Faust, but iirc it's because of his Innocent Monster skill and him being a homunculus that was created by Faust rather than being a demon. He's one of the earlier characters so idk how much reasoning there is behind him. Like honestly I'm not even sure if there's a jester theme in Faust. 

Time wrote:

Idk how far that is, but I think I just won't participate in the event or just skip the story and do only the stages or smth because I want to go through the world and lore in a proper order.

Update, I got past ZT-3 (the Elite 1 one). I can farm it now :D
For sure do the stages, event currency tends to be valuable for resources. Don't skip past the mechanic explanations tho, they're not that lore relevant lol. I keep forgetting how seriously you take this stuff xD

Time wrote:

I mean I guess, but like, for example the entire first arc is "We just have to go a little bit further!!" but idk how far our rendezvous point even is?
But yeah at least there is some tension in the air. Characters are not nonchalant about things.

It's just a bit further. /j
Idk, I think it makes sense seeing as they just rescued the Doctor. Plus you pretty much get nuked at the end (:
I do feel like some of the bickering from some of the other Operators is weird seeing as the situation is pretty bad. I would've expected pretty much everyone to be serious. But I get the game creators didn't want to make everything stiff.

Time wrote:

Not particularly yet. I do put respect on the 3 star operators' names tho. Low cost, yet can really handle the situations at hand. Most of the team I'm using is 3 star, besides Amiya and a couple 4 stars.
I guess I'll go with Amiya because she's basically the MC and most lore relevant character in the team. I do want to see more of her personality and development tho (which I will get with her being MC of course).

Always, always respect a game's low-rarity characters xD
Amiya is cool, but for some reason I've been finding myself using her less. I try to slot her in wherever I can (and she's levelled too) but ig I've been encountering battles she's not as suited towards. 
There's someone who keeps trying to say, "Freedom and sunlight encircles us," but I keep interrupting her because I have to deploy other operators and it's really funny ngl.

Time wrote:

Sure! I do need clues anyways (still am not too sure how that system works)

Do you know how to add a friend?
My ID is 47705533 and my username is Galaxian#0817 (looks like Discord lol)

Time wrote:

No, I mean once we're in a convo I'm probably not going to shut it down. I don't mind talking about things I enjoy after all.
I'm still trying to identify the style I'm going to go with. I'm guessing my playstyle is pretty standard for a new player:
High pressure at choke points, while using guard/vanguard operators to draw attention away from ranged units. Guards counter elite casters, and slow support + caster counter standard elites.
I do try to observe the paths taken by the enemy units. Especially when there are more elite units, since they tend to stand around and linger a lot more often compared to standard enemies. That gives us more time to thin the crowd and prepare for the actual threats.
Eventually I'm going to have to learn how to spread my units out a bit more in a way that doesn't stuff them all in a corner, but we'll see how that turns out.
I do also try to prepare by reading my units' skills and stats, though that's pretty easy since all of them only have basic skills. I try to do the same for enemies if I fail the stage.

I'm trying to get better at seeing which paths are taken more to see which choke points to prioritise higher. Honestly for me the on-the-spot improvisation can be the hardest part (for instance, there are some stages where I really need to undeploy some operators on one side to bypass the unit limit, but I keep on just staring until it's almost too late lol).
Who needs to spread units when you can just nuke em.

Time wrote:

Yeah I think that's the one? Idk she has a big gun and I like that.
As to Okita, I think her's is ok. She kinda looks like Saber (yes Ik she also is a Saber class), but to me as an outsider it's just a robe and jacket (ik it's not a jacket, whatever you call those in Japanese)

Time isn't Japanese moment ig xD. Yeah she has a kimono, and her first ascension is because she's called Sakura Saber, so that's why there's so much pink. In her other ascension, the Shinsengumi haori is really really iconic, and almost every Shinsengumi character wears it. Her being a Saberface was part of the long-occurring joke of Sabers looking like Artoria, ig. 
I think you might like the original work they came from. It's called Fate/Type Redline. 

(imo Redline's art style is peak in terms of Fate)

As for Nobunaga:

What fun, wouldn't you agree?

-Galaxian-

The end descends

May 14, 2024 19:10:14  #904

I haven't responded for the full thing yet but Galaxian how are you lvl 24 and we're practically at the same stage of the game? What have you been doing??

Also as you have noticed I didn't actually use my name for my Doctor, so I have the guy a random name.

Time

May 15, 2024 02:29:51  #905

I've been messing around and finding out
Sorry the joke popped up in my head and I had to say it. I've just been farming the event off natural Sanity instead of getting better at anything. Pretty nifty right? 
Also love how in Arknights you can see others' progression lol.

Our names are kinda similar. Maybe our doctors are twinsies (/hj)
I lowkey thought I was setting up a username but nah, the system automatically got me. I was not using my head for that one xD

-Galaxian-

The end descends

May 21, 2024 22:31:19  #906

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Well yes, but from a meta perspective, being called racist in a sci-fi way is also not fun. xD

It's just commentary you see. They're just not picking up what you're putting down or whatever idk.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

2 hours?? 

You don't just sit and watch video essays on detailed analysis as if they're documentaries? (They practically are)

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Is it not your style of game or something? Personally I suck at building xD, but since you're the future engineer guy I'm guessing that's not the problem.

I mean yeah sandbox isn't my thing. Story is. I could care less about building a Minecraft structure tbh.

Also I'm not really the engineer that builds big things.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I'm not familiar with Mephistopheles in Fate or in Faust, but iirc it's because of his Innocent Monster skill and him being a homunculus that was created by Faust rather than being a demon. He's one of the earlier characters so idk how much reasoning there is behind him. Like honestly I'm not even sure if there's a jester theme in Faust.

It's kinda weird, in Limbus Company, Faust also is the creator of Mephistopheles. Though I got my theories about Faust and Mephistopheles and stuff.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Update, I got past ZT-3 (the Elite 1 one). I can farm it now :D
For sure do the stages, event currency tends to be valuable for resources. Don't skip past the mechanic explanations tho, they're not that lore relevant lol. I keep forgetting how seriously you take this stuff xD

Dang I should have done it at least on the last day or smth. I'm pretty sure I could have beaten it. Oh well. I kinda just ignored it, which lowkey hurts.
I didn't know what that little music system thing was (because I skipped everything) but I liked the differing versions of the song. That was cool, I wanted to hear more of them.
I did see the mechanic explanation tho. That was cool.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Idk, I think it makes sense seeing as they just rescued the Doctor. Plus you pretty much get nuked at the end (:
I do feel like some of the bickering from some of the other Operators is weird seeing as the situation is pretty bad. I would've expected pretty much everyone to be serious. But I get the game creators didn't want to make everything stiff.

I mean I don't mind the "just a little bit more!" type of dialogue. I'm sure people would be saying that. It's just they didn't really set up the idea of progress in the chapter very well.
What do you mean about bickering tho? As in joking? Or people arguing with each other?

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Always, always respect a game's low-rarity characters xD
Amiya is cool, but for some reason I've been finding myself using her less. I try to slot her in wherever I can (and she's levelled too) but ig I've been encountering battles she's not as suited towards. 

I like Shaw too. I like how she is bouncing on her toes in the workshop and how she instakilled all those enemies by pushing them off cliffs. Alsoshetalksreallyfastandit'ssortafunnytoo.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I'm trying to get better at seeing which paths are taken more to see which choke points to prioritise higher. Honestly for me the on-the-spot improvisation can be the hardest part (for instance, there are some stages where I really need to undeploy some operators on one side to bypass the unit limit, but I keep on just staring until it's almost too late lol).
Who needs to spread units when you can just nuke em.

Tbh that sorta strategy doesn't work anymore either. I now am definitely trying to see which paths are more popular as well. Spreading units feels scary. How in the world am I going to know they're going to do enough damage? You know? I do think I should be thinking of more tips and strategies for sure.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I think you might like the original work they came from. It's called Fate/Type Redline.

It looks really, really nice. I really like it over the standard Fate art style. I wonder why??
I like how detailed the eyes are, though idk what to think about them really really deforming like they're dough during high bouts of emotion.

In the last image she tweaking out tho lmao

Anyways adding more topics to the convo --
I've been looking at the outfits on Arknights lately. I really like W's Fugue outfit. I don't even have W (I may not even have her ever since she's a limited operator 😭😭😭) but she's like, a core reason why I'm even playing this game sooo...
Should I buy it?

Last edited by Time (May 21, 2024 22:35:26)

Time

May 22, 2024 02:49:31  #907

Time wrote:

It's just commentary you see. They're just not picking up what you're putting down or whatever idk.

wat.

Time wrote:

You don't just sit and watch video essays on detailed analysis as if they're documentaries? (They practically are)

No, I, uh, go reread things in the canon related to the subject that I can find and then write crappy analyses. You see, my attention span is garbage xD
I don't have a lot of experience watching video essays, but usually when I start them I usually quickly come to feel like information is being misconstrued or omitted (not intentionally, just objectively speaking), and so I go look for stuff that either validates or invalidates that feeling. It's usually validated, but in the end it feels like going through everything is more efficient. 
It's the difficulty of putting together a lot of info I think. I think in my analyses too there's probably a bunch of stuff that a knowledgeable reader might feel the same way about. But I do go through the comments usually, there are usually good insights and jokes there, and I love seeing people discuss. I believe I've mentioned before that sometimes I prefer watching you guys over talking to you directly. Similarly, for videos, I usually am inclined to scroll the comments rather than watch the video itself. You're probably squinting at me rn but I can't help it. xD 
Do you think you'd ever make a video essay of your own? 'Cause I know how hecking hard it must be to put something together like that. No disrespect meant for video essayists at all, it's just that right now I usually don't watch their stuff. 

Time wrote:

I mean yeah sandbox isn't my thing. Story is. I could care less about building a Minecraft structure tbh.Also I'm not really the engineer that builds big things.

Dang. I've always been mesmerised by how some people engineer their builds in Minecraft to the point where it looks like it's from real life. Plus some people are really creative. Meanwhile I think I might not even know how redstone works. :-P

Time wrote:

It's kinda weird, in Limbus Company, Faust also is the creator of Mephistopheles. Though I got my theories about Faust and Mephistopheles and stuff.

What a coincidence that definitely doesn't come from the popular idea that humans create much of their own problems.
You mean from the original work?

Time wrote:

Dang I should have done it at least on the last day or smth. I'm pretty sure I could have beaten it. Oh well. I kinda just ignored it, which lowkey hurts.

Double update, I got to ZT-5 and then got plowed over in ZT-6 for not having my operators leveled enough (the level recommendation was Elite 50 I think, I was doing pretty well with some Elite 30 Operators but they did not have enough attack). Only reasons I am mentioning this is to flex for the record and also make the very obvious fact of "remember to level up your operators!" even more obvious, not that you asked for advice or that I have any qualifications to give any. xD
I'm not sure how you would feel about the story just going into it, so for now I'll say I think you wanting to go through stuff chronologically is probably a good idea, though probably a bit tiring for me personally haha. Dedication tho.

Time wrote:

I didn't know what that little music system thing was (because I skipped everything) but I liked the differing versions of the song. That was cool, I wanted to hear more of them.
I did see the mechanic explanation tho. That was cool.

It's some worldbuilding stuff, really. I'd say you might kinda have to learn about it from the story, but obviously since we're newbies we kinda don't get far in story to begin with. 
The region is cool imo. I love music themes xD

Time wrote:

I mean I don't mind the "just a little bit more!" type of dialogue. I'm sure people would be saying that. It's just they didn't really set up the idea of progress in the chapter very well.
What do you mean about bickering tho? As in joking? Or people arguing with each other?

I guess I don't set strong goals for myself xD, I didn't feel the ambiguity (half joking here)
Sorry, I meant whatever was going on between Franka and Liskarm. I know they have a history together, but the overall situation felt so tense/serious that some of their chatter felt a bit weird considering it logically. Basically, I know different people react to situations differently, but it felt a bit unnatural to me? I might have exaggerated it in my mind though. It didn't bother me a lot.  

Time wrote:

I like Shaw too. I like how she is bouncing on her toes in the workshop and how she instakilled all those enemies by pushing them off cliffs. Alsoshetalksreallyfastandit'ssortafunnytoo.

Shaw is fricking cute xD. I love when I have her in the workshop and she's just bouncing on her toes with a cute lil smile on her face. She vibing. 
Why does mentioning the workshop make it sound like I'm using child labour lol. I mean we are, have you seen Popukar
I chose the Specialist Projekt Red for my 5-star ticket (or whatever Arknights calls it), and ngl I love fast redeployment lol. 

Time wrote:

Tbh that sorta strategy doesn't work anymore either. I now am definitely trying to see which paths are more popular as well. Spreading units feels scary. How in the world am I going to know they're going to do enough damage? You know? I do think I should be thinking of more tips and strategies for sure.

Shh, nuking always works. (it still does for me in most fights xD I just make sure I have enough medics to cover everyone)
Sometimes you gotta spread dem units to wear the enemies down a bit first. Just make sure you have healers since Reunion apparently really likes explody vodka bottles. (where do they get their stock from and where do they carry it on them? seriously)
Can I ask what Vanguard operator(s) you use btw? I'm using Fang and Vigna at the moment, but I have Texas leveled up to level 50. I just usually do not deploy Texas because she costs a lil more than the other two, and I prefer to save up for defenders or deploy Red instead. 

Time wrote:

It looks really, really nice. I really like it over the standard Fate art style. I wonder why??
I like how detailed the eyes are, though idk what to think about them really really deforming like they're dough during high bouts of emotion.

In the last image she tweaking out tho lmao

Maybe you'd like some of the manga art styles more than the anime/VN ones. Those tend to be more traditional. The manga tend to be more rough, I think.
Squishy squishy eyeballs. 
Iirc a trait shared by Nobunaga and Souji is that while they can be silly and wacky people, they're immensely scary. They switch between vastly different modes within an instant. Which makes sense since one of them is a master swordsperson from the Shinsengumi organisation, and the other is literally one of the most famous Japanese warlords. 

Anyways adding more topics to the convo --
I've been looking at the outfits on Arknights lately. I really like W's Fugue outfit. I don't even have W (I may not even have her ever since she's a limited operator 😭😭😭) but she's like, a core reason why I'm even playing this game sooo...
Should I buy it?

Thanks for adding more topics xD
I'm ngl, I'd say buy what you like, but those dang costumes are expensive ngl. Do you know if she has any upcoming banners? I have tried to search it up and failed to see if she does.

As a side topic, have you done the Annihilation missions yet? I was curious as to how far you've gotten if you have. They look hard and the sudden new mechanics are slightly intimidating to me. (I did try like 2 times but I haven't taken it very seriously as an excuse to avoid them xD)

-Galaxian-

The end descends

May 22, 2024 15:58:53  #908

Reunion soldier: Sir the alternative route you asked us to use has a complication, there's a girl in a firefighting costume there who keeps flushing our soldiers off the roofs with her water hose!
Reunion commander: Oh dang. Too bad we lack any viable alternative like just focusing on the main path and overwhelming Rhodes Island through numbers. Keep going that path

-Galaxian-

The end descends

May 24, 2024 02:47:57  #909

Ok I'm pushing some replies up because this is time sensitive!

Yeah I think W is avabilne only thru Data Contract tokens or whatever, which are given out in events... she was there for the last one, but it's 300 tokens, with it being 1 token per pull 😭😭😭

I think W may be coming up soon.... as an ALTER, which means while she gets a revamped, stronger version, I'll probably never ever use original W if I even get her, and then what the heck am I buying Fugue for bro...

I don't even know when the alter will be released globally. I still don't know where to check for official updates or anything in the community or whatever.

On top of this I know for sure I can get standard Texas tho. She has a cool 15 cost outfit as well...

But what the heck!? Texas's outfit + Fugue is just so much I can't really see that purchase becoming a reality. It's gotta be either one or the other... plus it's just standard Texas, not her alter version (even if her alter is limited)

Im also wondering if Texas stays story relevant beyond my initial predictions too... the wiki isn't 100% reliable on telling where characters  appear in stories and stuff

Idk how comprehensible this reads, but I'm going insane over lore relevant units

Time

May 24, 2024 02:59:55  #910

It's a Time Urgent matter. (time urgent for me to laugh at you in a timely manner)

Bruh the tokens expire iirc. I had like 32 of them that went poof lol.

Buy Fugue for the uhhh bragging rights. (/j for legal purposes, please do not blame a 15 Originite Prime cube or whatever purchase on me) Maybe draw W instead with Fugue for the bragging rights?? Or force her Alter to wear the costume?
Apparently her Alter name is

Wiš'adel

and on CN her banner was from the 1st of May to the 15th of this year. So like a few weeks ago. But it hasn't been announced on global yet, so maybe you should wait? Apparently CN and the other servers have an approximate 6 month content wait time gap.

I did a skim of Texas' wiki page headings and for lore relevance

It seems to be that she supports the main cast from Episodes 2 to 4, and then has two other events (one of which is this one) where she has a more major role in
But the plot page for her is blank so I'm guessing her role isn't as major in the overall main story(?)

See this is why I thought this would be so much to deal with personally xD love your commitment to the bit tho

-Galaxian-

The end descends

May 25, 2024 02:17:23  #911

This ain't a bit ait all galaxian

Ok so W's outfit is 24 originite primes, Texas's skin is 15. that's 39 total 😭😭😭

Also I'm pretty sure for Arknights alters they can't wear their other version's outfits, which sucks big time. But Fugue is like, a design i really like....

But I'm guessing maybe I should save my money for now... save some roles for W alter. Idc, I just think I need W in my roster. Even if she can't technically be used where we are at right now in the story.

Say, do you know any good sources for seeing what Arknights is cooking in the other servers before it comes to us?

Time

May 25, 2024 03:26:11  #912

It seems like one to me xD

Arknights is after your wallet lol. And yeah, I don't think alters can wear their other version's outfits (probably more drawing/coding I'm guessing). Why do you like Fugue so much, may I ask?

You mean like what is happening in CN? I think Arknights has that 6-month gap between CN and all the rest of the servers, rather than having more servers, but I might be wrong. 

-Galaxian-

The end descends

May 25, 2024 16:25:12  #913

For Fugue I can't really avoid "spoilers" anymore sooo I'm just going to assume you didn't look into the videos that ended up being the last straws for me to play the game (As I recommended)

In "The Daggers' Inheritors" is a cinematic about W. She is wearing an outfit similar (or exactly is) Fugue.

Also her design is a lot more grounded compared to her default one, which I like. She appears less crazy and idk, kinda hints at another side of her.

Oh yeah Ik the 6 month time gap. I'm just wondering if you know if there's a centralized place for all that news. I mean, I probably can just check the community reddit or smth, but still.
On the other hand idk if we should be paying too too much attention to what's going on in CN when we're not even caught up to the main story yet

Last edited by Time (May 25, 2024 16:30:24)

Time

May 26, 2024 20:11:58  #914

Yep, I listened, so that means nothing to me. xD
The outfit's description does say it might even hold more bombs.

I'm guessing most of the CN stuff would be in Chinese, probably Weibo. 
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@arknights/videos
Weibo: https://m.weibo.cn/u/6279793937?t=0&luicode=10000011&lfid=231583

I dunno how much you could read but you could look at the thumbnails' characters and then go from there, I suppose.

-Galaxian-

The end descends

May 29, 2024 16:58:56  #915

Bro why does your profile say you're on story 9-1, teach me your ways xD

Also as a note I went back and reread some threads, and the Ignas/Kiaane dynamic is so funny (though my mind said "what if that's just Ignas acting tsundere and immediately everything became cursed) (no I don't think he's a tsundere xD) (unless...?)
If possible, would you mind updating his appearance description or giving me a sketch of his face in addition to a brief description of his build and clothing preference and stuff? I could kinda interpret him but my interpretation of Time (and Oblivion probably) kinda show how skewed my interpretations can be xD

-Galaxian-

The end descends

May 30, 2024 09:40:22  #916

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I'm guessing most of the CN stuff would be in Chinese, probably Weibo. 
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@arknights/videos
Weibo: https://m.weibo.cn/u/6279793937?t=0&luicode=10000011&lfid=231583

Ok, thanks. I realize you don't really have to look for a source for CN server news since you can just read it there. I guess I'll just keep tabs on some other places and just get the updates there. Though it kinda sucks that we missed the 5th year anniversary, I'm sure they gave loads of announcements then.

But for now then anyways, do you know when the W alter banner is popping up? I'm thinking of saving there because Wisadel and Logos seem pretty epic. For the Global server at least. I'm guessing 6 months after it's initially announced? So like, 5 months from now?

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Bro why does your profile say you're on story 9-1, teach me your ways xD

I'm just built like that 🗿

In reality I finished chapter 3. It unlocked chapter 9 as well as chapter 4. I guess its for people that really really want to catch up. Personally I think it's stupid, but that's from my prioritized story standpoint.

Also sure I can update Ignas. Also no he's not Tsundere. He just hates people (me fr).

Last edited by Time (May 30, 2024 09:40:51)

Time

May 30, 2024 11:48:38  #917

Additional note, I just realized that the Arknights Fandom Wiki is actually dead. The administrators and everything actually transferred over to wiki.gg. They so real for that one for sure. Screw Fandom amiright?

They have more updated stuff over there with more reliable info. So I'll probably use that and like, maybe the reddit community or something for my updates.

Still sucks tho that I just can't find a straight up answer to who is important to many of the stories, and I just have to work off limited wiki info and my gut.

Last edited by Time (May 30, 2024 12:06:17)

Time

May 30, 2024 16:06:17  #918

Time wrote:

Ok, thanks. I realize you don't really have to look for a source for CN server news since you can just read it there. I guess I'll just keep tabs on some other places and just get the updates there. Though it kinda sucks that we missed the 5th year anniversary, I'm sure they gave loads of announcements then.

Did you forget I'm Chinese? xD
I think Global's anniversary is different, so that's why W Alter's banner is off as well. Speaking of which--

Time wrote:

But for now then anyways, do you know when the W alter banner is popping up? I'm thinking of saving there because Wisadel and Logos seem pretty epic. For the Global server at least. I'm guessing 6 months after it's initially announced? So like, 5 months from now?

W Alter was introduced for CN's 5th Anniversary Celebration, so according to the wiki, the estimate is it might be late October to early November?
https://arknights.wiki.gg/wiki/5th_Anniversary_Celebration_(CN)

Edit: the "_(CN)" part is part of the URL as well, idk why Boardhost is formatting it like that.

I just watched someone try to max pot her and ngl it was pretty cursed lol. Good luck in advance is what I'm trying to say. xD

Time wrote:

I'm just built like that 🗿

Time to quit the game for me 🗿

Time wrote:

In reality I finished chapter 3. It unlocked chapter 9 as well as chapter 4. I guess its for people that really really want to catch up. Personally I think it's stupid, but that's from my prioritized story standpoint.

Oh okay I see. Guess there's something about chapter 9 that's special in terms of progression or something?

Time wrote:

Also sure I can update Ignas. Also no he's not Tsundere. He just hates people (me fr).

That's what happens when you weren't able to evolve enough to surpass the money money money meme. 

No need to update formally or anything, just give me info to be able to depict him somewhat accurately when you have the time please. See this is the price for hatred, not only do you go to the Dark Side you also get memed by some weirdo existing in another dimension.

-Galaxian-

The end descends

June 2, 2024 02:08:14  #919

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

wat.

Actually just ignore what I said, I think some stuff has been misunderstood in communication

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

No, I, uh, go reread things in the canon related to the subject that I can find and then write crappy analyses. You see, my attention span is garbage xD
I don't have a lot of experience watching video essays, but usually when I start them I usually quickly come to feel like information is being misconstrued or omitted (not intentionally, just objectively speaking), and so I go look for stuff that either validates or invalidates that feeling. It's usually validated, but in the end it feels like going through everything is more efficient.

Well you see the reason why I watch them is because at times I'm just too lazy to write up my own insights. Plus yeah I think that the "misconstrued" sense of information is just natural stuff. Though you know, if you have more time, you can fit more info and better tell things... so I think 2 hours makes things a lot easier to tell.
I mean if you stretch it out to say, 8 hours, you have plenty of time to talk about nearly everything you want to in a clear cut manner, with only little to no deformities.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

It's the difficulty of putting together a lot of info I think. I think in my analyses too there's probably a bunch of stuff that a knowledgeable reader might feel the same way about. But I do go through the comments usually, there are usually good insights and jokes there, and I love seeing people discuss.

Oh no I totally get this. I'll just browse comments and message boards to see what theories pop up and which ones I think are really cool as well.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Do you think you'd ever make a video essay of your own? 'Cause I know how hecking hard it must be to put something together like that. No disrespect meant for video essayists at all, it's just that right now I usually don't watch their stuff.

Maybe. It's already a lot of work organizing my thoughts so idk. So that on top of video editing??? I'm not master at it, but every time I've had to edit a video it took way longer than expected. And that was just basic cuts, no overlays or anything like that.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Meanwhile I think I might not even know how redstone works. :-P

Don't worry Idk either

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

What a coincidence that definitely doesn't come from the popular idea that humans create much of their own problems.
You mean from the original work?

I mean weight comes with knowledge
Nah no original work just normal theorizing for Limbus Faust. Though that's probably better for my writing thread.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Double update, I got to ZT-5 and then got plowed over in ZT-6 for not having my operators leveled enough (the level recommendation was Elite 50 I think, I was doing pretty well with some Elite 30 Operators but they did not have enough attack). Only reasons I am mentioning this is to flex for the record and also make the very obvious fact of "remember to level up your operators!" even more obvious, not that you asked for advice or that I have any qualifications to give any. xD

Congrats, gold star for you. And a smiley face sticker too.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I'm not sure how you would feel about the story just going into it, so for now I'll say I think you wanting to go through stuff chronologically is probably a good idea, though probably a bit tiring for me personally haha. Dedication tho.

Yeah I just need the best possible context for things. Plus I'm going by a guide, not exactly chronological, but probably still pretty close to it.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Sorry, I meant whatever was going on between Franka and Liskarm. I know they have a history together, but the overall situation felt so tense/serious that some of their chatter felt a bit weird considering it logically. Basically, I know different people react to situations differently, but it felt a bit unnatural to me? I might have exaggerated it in my mind though. It didn't bother me a lot.

Maybe could it be the word choice? That when they bickered, it took too much time? That was my first gut thought. Usually when I see two characters that know each other bicker, they're quick pop shots and jabs. Stuff that is too fast to get a response since the characters have to focus on something else right after.
Overall I didn't have too much of an issue with it either. I was just more thinking about pacing in the beginning episodes, especially in episode 1.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Shaw is fricking cute xD. I love when I have her in the workshop and she's just bouncing on her toes with a cute lil smile on her face. She vibing.

She is pretty cute

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I chose the Specialist Projekt Red for my 5-star ticket (or whatever Arknights calls it), and ngl I love fast redeployment lol.

Fast redeployment seems fun yeah. I haven't spent my 5 star tickets yet. You get 2 right?

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Can I ask what Vanguard operator(s) you use btw? I'm using Fang and Vigna at the moment, but I have Texas leveled up to level 50. I just usually do not deploy Texas because she costs a lil more than the other two, and I prefer to save up for defenders or deploy Red instead.

I usually run Fang, Elysium, and then maybe Plume if there are multiple lanes to guard. Elysium isn't really too good for fighting, so I just use him as a DP battery. I'm looking forwards to integrating Texas and Reed tho. I don't have Texas, but I do know you get her for free at the end of the pinboard missions, and I have Reed but she's level 1. She also comes into play at episode 9 so that's a while ahead.
Side note, since you already have Texas, I wonder how viable it is to get an operator to full potential by getting multiple dupes.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

As a side topic, have you done the Annihilation missions yet? I was curious as to how far you've gotten if you have. They look hard and the sudden new mechanics are slightly intimidating to me. (I did try like 2 times but I haven't taken it very seriously as an excuse to avoid them xD)

As of current, I've done Chernobog, but that's it.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Did you forget I'm Chinese? xD

I did not, that's why I brough it up lol

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

W Alter was introduced for CN's 5th Anniversary Celebration, so according to the wiki, the estimate is it might be late October to early November?

Ight time to save
I hope they give her a fire outfit tho fr. I don't really like her alter's default outfit. It's too extravagant and far fetched (I say this about a world where everyone is a animal person or whatever)

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Oh okay I see. Guess there's something about chapter 9 that's special in terms of progression or something?

Yeah start of act 2

There's that now. Another edition of 0 proofreading!

Last edited by Time (June 2, 2024 02:11:18)

Time

June 6, 2024 04:46:52  #920

Would you prefer I wait 'til you're finished? You can drop some topics if you'd like, y'know. No need to reply to everything.

Time wrote:

Actually just ignore what I said, I think some stuff has been misunderstood in communication

No way, that's impossible, communication is my strong suit. (sarcasm)

Time wrote:

Well you see the reason why I watch them is because at times I'm just too lazy to write up my own insights. Plus yeah I think that the "misconstrued" sense of information is just natural stuff. Though you know, if you have more time, you can fit more info and better tell things... so I think 2 hours makes things a lot easier to tell.
I mean if you stretch it out to say, 8 hours, you have plenty of time to talk about nearly everything you want to in a clear cut manner, with only little to no deformities.

True, but would you watch an 8-hour thing about the same topic? Imo I feel like that's a bit over-the-top even while talking to friends. xD

Time wrote:

I mean weight comes with knowledge

Maybe the weight comes from our mere existence. (/hj)

Time wrote:

Congrats, gold star for you. And a smiley face sticker too.

This made me laugh xD. Thanks. 

Time wrote:

Yeah I just need the best possible context for things. Plus I'm going by a guide, not exactly chronological, but probably still pretty close to it.

Remember to unlock the events with the crystal thingy though, even if you're not reading 'em. I made the mistake of forgetting that existed. It's probably not a big mistake, thankfully, but still.

Time wrote:

Maybe could it be the word choice? That when they bickered, it took too much time? That was my first gut thought. Usually when I see two characters that know each other bicker, they're quick pop shots and jabs. Stuff that is too fast to get a response since the characters have to focus on something else right after.
Overall I didn't have too much of an issue with it either. I was just more thinking about pacing in the beginning episodes, especially in episode 1.

I love how the Chapter 9 thing makes it so that I can't stalk your chapter progress anymore, at least until you actually do Chapter 9. Oof. 
So far Arknights story is enjoyable, but I might like the pacing and event progression of F/GO main story more. I'm trying to adjust, though. Any new insights on your end? Or are you planning to write about Arknights on your writing thread as well?

Time wrote:

Fast redeployment seems fun yeah. I haven't spent my 5 star tickets yet. You get 2 right?

Tbh I have no idea. I tend to choose characters who look cool rather than looking up tier lists. Logically a dumb move, but imo it makes things more organic. Though if it's anything to go by, I think Red might have a main story role of some sort since she seems to be closely tied to Kal'tsit.

Time wrote:

I usually run Fang, Elysium, and then maybe Plume if there are multiple lanes to guard. Elysium isn't really too good for fighting, so I just use him as a DP battery. I'm looking forwards to integrating Texas and Reed tho. I don't have Texas, but I do know you get her for free at the end of the pinboard missions, and I have Reed but she's level 1. She also comes into play at episode 9 so that's a while ahead.
Side note, since you already have Texas, I wonder how viable it is to get an operator to full potential by getting multiple dupes.

Cool! I got a girl named Myrtle who seems really OP for generating DP, but she's stuck at the point before E1 right now. Texas seems like she'd be better if I actually levelled her lol. 
Full potential feels a bit out of reach for me since I haven't saved for a target, but I'm guessing if you spend a lot of Originium all on the same banner, you're bound to get someone full-potentialed at least. So far I only have my 3-stars full potentialed (intentionally lol).

Time wrote:

As of current, I've done Chernobog, but that's it.

I've been doing some of the events and confusing myself on new mechanics. Sometimes they really are all dumped onto you at once, I'm noticing.

Time wrote:

Ight time to save
I hope they give her a fire outfit tho fr. I don't really like her alter's default outfit. It's too extravagant and far fetched (I say this about a world where everyone is a animal person or whatever)

Extravagant?? I guess her accessories are a bit out there, otherwise I just focus on the shorts lol. 
What sort of outfit would you want? 

Time wrote:

There's that now. Another edition of 0 proofreading!

We love the 0 proofreading lol

-Galaxian-

The end descends

June 14, 2024 12:44:51  #921

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Would you prefer I wait 'til you're finished? You can drop some topics if you'd like, y'know. No need to reply to everything.

Nah it's all good

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

True, but would you watch an 8-hour thing about the same topic? Imo I feel like that's a bit over-the-top even while talking to friends. xD

I'm speaking from experience. You just watch it in parts, like a tv show. Plus lots of it is contextualizing, not just only analysis.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Remember to unlock the events with the crystal thingy though, even if you're not reading 'em. I made the mistake of forgetting that existed. It's probably not a big mistake, thankfully, but still.

Wait a crystal thingy??

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I love how the Chapter 9 thing makes it so that I can't stalk your chapter progress anymore, at least until you actually do Chapter 9. Oof. 
So far Arknights story is enjoyable, but I might like the pacing and event progression of F/GO main story more. I'm trying to adjust, though. Any new insights on your end? Or are you planning to write about Arknights on your writing thread as well?

Well it's the same with you now too.
Ermmmm from where I sit, I personally think there's a lot of things that they can do to improve the story. I was going to say that pacing was one of the big things that they could improve with. Though it could also be my experience as a person who isn't exactly experienced with tower defense. Are you saying you like the current Arknights story (presuming you're around episode 4) compared to all of F/GO or just the beginning of F/GO? Because I know F/GO in the beginning was a cash grab with bad writing before they actually brought in the big name writers.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Tbh I have no idea. I tend to choose characters who look cool rather than looking up tier lists. Logically a dumb move, but imo it makes things more organic. Though if it's anything to go by, I think Red might have a main story role of some sort since she seems to be closely tied to Kal'tsit.

I looked into it, and it seems she doesn't show up very often...? She only makes a brief appearances and is mentioned. I don't think she's written in very often because she's highly reclusive, lack of social skills, and lone wolf personality (pun intended) may make her harder to write compared to other operators. I find it to be really unfortunate that Arknights decided to go the way of more characters, as it doesn't really give you much time to really get to know anyone. Except for like, Amiya and Kal'sit and any other confirmed main characters. 

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Cool! I got a girl named Myrtle who seems really OP for generating DP, but she's stuck at the point before E1 right now. Texas seems like she'd be better if I actually levelled her lol. 
Full potential feels a bit out of reach for me since I haven't saved for a target, but I'm guessing if you spend a lot of Originium all on the same banner, you're bound to get someone full-potentialed at least. So far I only have my 3-stars full potentialed (intentionally lol).

Oh I also have Myrtle. Idk about leveling her tho since she and Elysium basically fill the same role. I guess I'll see what the differences between them are later. But yeah a good bit of 3 stars I use a either potential 4 or full potential.
Say, what does your full team usually look like? I am curious since people say that usually your 3 stars can carry you, but you can start gradually replacing them for stronger units.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I've been doing some of the events and confusing myself on new mechanics. Sometimes they really are all dumped onto you at once, I'm noticing.

oof, I hope that learning them aren't too jarring, especially if I just want to burn through the main story first.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Extravagant?? I guess her accessories are a bit out there, otherwise I just focus on the shorts lol. 
What sort of outfit would you want?

Yeah the whole thing for me smh. I've noticed what you've noticed, either Operators are suited up for the job (with some rule of cool ofc) OR they are absolutely not dressed for what their job is.
Fugue. As mentioned, I really prefer the more tactical, sci fi, or techware outfits that the operators have in comparison to your more "generic" anime outfits". It feels like it fits the world more.

Time

June 14, 2024 21:45:58  #922

Time wrote:

I'm speaking from experience. You just watch it in parts, like a tv show. Plus lots of it is contextualizing, not just only analysis.

I don't watch TV shows.
Half joking there btw, I guess Romance of the Three Kingdom is a TV series. Though I love it and am still stuck on not rewatching Episode 2 so, there you go.

Time wrote:

Wait a crystal thingy??

Turns out it's called the (edit: why did the text get swallowed) Event Crystal. Surprise surprise. ikr.

Time wrote:

Well it's the same with you now too.
Ermmmm from where I sit, I personally think there's a lot of things that they can do to improve the story. I was going to say that pacing was one of the big things that they could improve with. Though it could also be my experience as a person who isn't exactly experienced with tower defense. Are you saying you like the current Arknights story (presuming you're around episode 4) compared to all of F/GO or just the beginning of F/GO? Because I know F/GO in the beginning was a cash grab with bad writing before they actually brought in the big name writers.

Early F/GO's main problem is springing event happening stuff on you, which Arknights has less of a problem with I think (I mean, we do keep getting ambushed by Reunion, but whatever, that's kinda to be expected). Comparing event stories from both games, I think because I like fluffy stuff, I like F/GO's ridiculous shenanigans where different characters debut, whereas I suppose you might like Arknights' more serious, plot-oriented events more. (That's not the best way of describing it, but basically F/GO's main story and events are quite disconnected, since in the main story you have a very confined cast usually, whereas in the events more characters get highlights and their own moments that don't influence canon. This can sometimes lead to problems though lol.) There's no way I'd compare F/GO as a whole to Arknights' early content xD, F/GO has a much vaster funding backbone. :-P

Time wrote:

I looked into it, and it seems she doesn't show up very often...? She only makes a brief appearances and is mentioned. I don't think she's written in very often because she's highly reclusive, lack of social skills, and lone wolf personality (pun intended) may make her harder to write compared to other operators. I find it to be really unfortunate that Arknights decided to go the way of more characters, as it doesn't really give you much time to really get to know anyone. Except for like, Amiya and Kal'sit and any other confirmed main characters.

Dang. I guess I can headcanon for her then lol. I really want to see how well Arknights handles its huge cast, mostly 'cause I wonder if maybe this is one of its weaknesses, and if maybe that's the reason why I don't really see a lot of art of anyone anywhere (including Amiya). Whereas for F/GO some characters leave such an impression that even if they don't play a part in main story, they get a lot of fan content that consolidates your impression of them even more. Maybe it's just my algorithm though; to this day I still only get music stuff from Arknights, never any gameplay stuff. 

Time wrote:

Oh I also have Myrtle. Idk about leveling her tho since she and Elysium basically fill the same role. I guess I'll see what the differences between them are later. But yeah a good bit of 3 stars I use a either potential 4 or full potential.
Say, what does your full team usually look like? I am curious since people say that usually your 3 stars can carry you, but you can start gradually replacing them for stronger units.

I really need to start using support units xD. 
The difference is Myrtle waves a dinner table cloth around and bam, DP for days. 
My team is kinda all over the place rn (I'm transitioning some units), but usually I have--

2 vanguard (used to be Fang and Vigna, but I might be transitioning to Texas and Myrtle), 2 Defenders (Bassline and Ashlock, sometimes Cuora if I need 1 more), Projekt Red/Virtuosa (for Elemental Damage), Amiya or Lava if faster Arts Damage is needed, Skadi and/or Lessing for Guards, Arene if I can park him behind Bassline, Kroos and Adnachiel (originally)/Kroos and Sesa (more common nowadays, though Sesa is optional), Earthspirit for Slowing support (she's stuck at E1 level 1 though lol), and ofc Shaw if I need her to harness gravity's natural murdery tendencies. My healers right now are Perfumer and Ansel (I have Hibiscus levelled up too, but her Skill level isn't as high unfortunately). I have Gavial in the backburner since she might be able to get max pot faster than Perfumer. 
So basically my team usually has the same people, but it's very situational. I probably could have explained it better by just screenshotting who I have levelled. How about you?

Time wrote:

oof, I hope that learning them aren't too jarring, especially if I just want to burn through the main story first.

For me it's remembering that's getting me. Like sometimes you're not supposed to be around some spaces, while other times you're supposed to guard them. I guess maybe you're supposed to click them to overview, but some of the smaller mechanics aren't re-taught in those lil description thingies lol. 
I keep getting stuck whenever the events recommend Elite 1 level 70 lol.

Time wrote:

Yeah the whole thing for me smh. I've noticed what you've noticed, either Operators are suited up for the job (with some rule of cool ofc) OR they are absolutely not dressed for what their job is.
Fugue. As mentioned, I really prefer the more tactical, sci fi, or techware outfits that the operators have in comparison to your more "generic" anime outfits". It feels like it fits the world more.

Lava's coat kills me just because there is nothing under it. Like I have no problem whatsoever with the coat, but ma'am please. Please.
So you just like Fugue xD.

-Galaxian-

The end descends

June 18, 2024 05:24:12  #923

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Turns out it's called the (edit: why did the text get swallowed) Event Crystal. Surprise surprise. ikr.

Searched it up, I think I didn't know what it was because I haven't unlocked any event stories or intermezzis or anything yet.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Early F/GO's main problem is springing event happening stuff on you, which Arknights has less of a problem with I think (I mean, we do keep getting ambushed by Reunion, but whatever, that's kinda to be expected). Comparing event stories from both games, I think because I like fluffy stuff, I like F/GO's ridiculous shenanigans where different characters debut, whereas I suppose you might like Arknights' more serious, plot-oriented events more. (That's not the best way of describing it, but basically F/GO's main story and events are quite disconnected, since in the main story you have a very confined cast usually, whereas in the events more characters get highlights and their own moments that don't influence canon. This can sometimes lead to problems though lol.) There's no way I'd compare F/GO as a whole to Arknights' early content xD, F/GO has a much vaster funding backbone. :-P

Yeah that is true. I like it when events add something more to the story/world overall instead of just being a goofy little side show. Though of course it doesn't have to be one or the other; it can be both at the same time.
I actually wrote to Spec on this a bit earlier in that I really like Limbus's events since their events actually do loads of setup for character and plot points for the main story. So much so that without them the story could not exist. Albeit, Limbus's storyline is much more linear and smaller compared to Arknights and F/GO's since it's following only one group.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Dang. I guess I can headcanon for her then lol. I really want to see how well Arknights handles its huge cast, mostly 'cause I wonder if maybe this is one of its weaknesses, and if maybe that's the reason why I don't really see a lot of art of anyone anywhere (including Amiya). Whereas for F/GO some characters leave such an impression that even if they don't play a part in main story, they get a lot of fan content that consolidates your impression of them even more. Maybe it's just my algorithm though; to this day I still only get music stuff from Arknights, never any gameplay stuff.

You'd think someone related to Kal'sit would be more important, but I guess not. Maybe she'll have a roll to play in an unreleased part(s) of the story?
I'm guessing they do it like most other gachas: As soon as the arc is finished, they ditch the characters featured in that arc, and only take the core cast with them to the next ark. Or something idk.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I really need to start using support units xD.

Nah. If you add a support unit in a stage you can't get 3 stars or whatever right?

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

So basically my team usually has the same people, but it's very situational. I probably could have explained it better by just screenshotting who I have levelled. How about you?

I'll update this soon. But tbh still I'm wondering whether or not should I start swapping out more units and stuff

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

For me it's remembering that's getting me. Like sometimes you're not supposed to be around some spaces, while other times you're supposed to guard them. I guess maybe you're supposed to click them to overview, but some of the smaller mechanics aren't re-taught in those lil description thingies lol.

Huh ok then yeah that makes sense. Sometimes I don't lick on those spaces because I assumed they were just normal parts of the map. Like for ex I thought the holes in the corner of a industrial map was just decoration.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Lava's coat kills me just because there is nothing under it. Like I have no problem whatsoever with the coat, but ma'am please. Please.

She could be wearing one of those tube tops or whatever they're called. 
What I am more curious about is her weapon of choice. What is the grimoire + knife combo? What is the knife doing there? Is she throwing explosive knives or something? Why does she keep talking about spirits? Afaik, Originium Arts doesn't have to do anything with that stuff...?

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

So you just like Fugue xD.

Yes. yes I do. It's 100% than whatever she has on now.

Time

June 19, 2024 02:24:28  #924

Time wrote:

Searched it up, I think I didn't know what it was because I haven't unlocked any event stories or intermezzis or anything yet.

Yeah, and my advice (if you can call it that) was to use up the Event Crystals as you get them in advance so you don't have to wait too long to unlock events in the future. It's pretty flimsy stuff to "advise" someone on now that I think about it. xD

Time wrote:

Yeah that is true. I like it when events add something more to the story/world overall instead of just being a goofy little side show. Though of course it doesn't have to be one or the other; it can be both at the same time.
I actually wrote to Spec on this a bit earlier in that I really like Limbus's events since their events actually do loads of setup for character and plot points for the main story. So much so that without them the story could not exist. Albeit, Limbus's storyline is much more linear and smaller compared to Arknights and F/GO's since it's following only one group.

Idk if I was selling F/GO short, but I'll add that a lot of events 100% have something to add thematically. Getting to know a lot of the "side characters" who don't debut in main events helps me expand my perspective of what it means to be a "hero" worthy of becoming a Heroic Spirit, because you get to know so many people. In a way, F/GO having so many characters is precisely the point. There are so many powerful heroes of different cultures and worldviews and stories who still unite to help you save the world. In a way, I feel like the events develop the heroes and the male protag even more than the main story does. 
I'm gonna stuff the Memorial Movie in your face again lol, for illustrative purposes. Watch it if you'd like (there is some degree of artistic nudity in it so be warned): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L02aPFAhTCk

I'm pretty sure F/GO's chronology is more or less linear as well. Things usually happen in the order of launch dates, though I might be wrong, I've never exactly tried to compile this lol.
Anyways, the takeaway is that I really like how F/GO handles its huge character roster most of the time. I feel like events really help me know everyone at least a bit, even if I haven't summoned them, so that I recognise them and can talk about them rather than just being like "who?" For Arknights I am like "and where do you fit in?" Might be a skill issue xD, we'll have to see. 

Time wrote:

You'd think someone related to Kal'sit would be more important, but I guess not. Maybe she'll have a roll to play in an unreleased part(s) of the story?
I'm guessing they do it like most other gachas: As soon as the arc is finished, they ditch the characters featured in that arc, and only take the core cast with them to the next ark. Or something idk.

Idk, it seems like loads of people are related to Kal'tsit. She old. 
Yeah makes sense. Haha "ark" xD.

Time wrote:

Nah. If you add a support unit in a stage you can't get 3 stars or whatever right?

Stars are temporary, friendship is eternal.

Time wrote:

Huh ok then yeah that makes sense. Sometimes I don't lick on those spaces because I assumed they were just normal parts of the map. Like for ex I thought the holes in the corner of a industrial map was just decoration.

Please do not lick the spaces. (xD)
Apparently not knowing the holes are holes is a common thing in the community. Cue me always forgetting to bring Shaw.

Time wrote:

She could be wearing one of those tube tops or whatever they're called. 
What I am more curious about is her weapon of choice. What is the grimoire + knife combo? What is the knife doing there? Is she throwing explosive knives or something? Why does she keep talking about spirits? Afaik, Originium Arts doesn't have to do anything with that stuff...?

Unfortunately...nah man, I don't think so man, no there is nothing under there.
She always talks about how she foresaw the results when a mission completes, so I think she has a degree of future-seeing? Or she tells your fortune? If foresight is on the table, I don't think seeing spirits is out of the question. It could be some culture stuff, idk, Lava's info is pretty vague lol. 
I do find it pretty funny how much beef she has with Hibiscus. 

-Galaxian-

The end descends

June 20, 2024 00:22:29  #925

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Yeah, and my advice (if you can call it that) was to use up the Event Crystals as you get them in advance so you don't have to wait too long to unlock events in the future. It's pretty flimsy stuff to "advise" someone on now that I think about it. xD

Oh so just unlock them in advance and don't touch them until you need to do so?

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Idk if I was selling F/GO short, but I'll add that a lot of events 100% have something to add thematically. Getting to know a lot of the "side characters" who don't debut in main events helps me expand my perspective of what it means to be a "hero" worthy of becoming a Heroic Spirit, because you get to know so many people. In a way, F/GO having so many characters is precisely the point. There are so many powerful heroes of different cultures and worldviews and stories who still unite to help you save the world. In a way, I feel like the events develop the heroes and the male protag even more than the main story does.

I guess that helps, but still saying that the character is a "side character" just feels like they're delegated to a much less important roll. I mean, I'm pretty sure Arknights handles things the same way, that "side characters" are used to flesh out other parts of the world that the main group would have more trouble doing. For example, I think it would be harder to write Rhodes Island into Il Siracusano compared to just bringing in a side character to do the job. But still it just feels weird seeing a character that isn't supposed to be there, BE THERE you know???
As a random side note, I do want to mention I liked Il Siracusano's mafia setting a lot. I know the story technically took place in Arknight's version of Italy, but it just felt so much like New York City's Mafia sorta deal during the early/mid 20th century (which I'm pretty sure is 100% intentional since Texas herself is Columbian. It was a pretty cool setting.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I'm gonna stuff the Memorial Movie in your face again lol, for illustrative purposes. Watch it if you'd like (there is some degree of artistic nudity in it so be warned): 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L02aPFAhTCk

Oh no artistic nudity what will I ever do!?! 😱😱😱😱
Tbh, I probably have seen this thing like, a solid 7 or 8 times now 💀

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

For Arknights I am like "and where do you fit in?" Might be a skill issue xD, we'll have to see.

Maybe it's because we are having to catch up? Unless you had to do the same for F/GO.
Is F/GO's story offered just like how Arknights's is? Like a huge web that you can pick and choose? Or do they hand each subsequent part to you?

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Idk, it seems like loads of people are related to Kal'tsit. She old. 
Yeah makes sense. Haha "ark" xD.

Who told you she's old?? She looks like standard anime age unknown to me 🤨 (but presumed adult since she's a doctor)
Also, I think at least Red's faction has some important relevance to the story, I guess. idk.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Stars are temporary, friendship is eternal.

You know what stars mean? More rolls. More rolls mean more characters. More characters mean more chances at cool characters. Cool characters are usually lore relevant. Lore relevance characters make more sense to use in battle.
I know I have been running the same joke for every single post about Arknights, so tell me if it gets old lol.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Please do not lick the spaces. (xD)
Apparently not knowing the holes are holes is a common thing in the community. Cue me always forgetting to bring Shaw.

*click
Yeah whenever I notice, I just quit the mission. Tbh I should let it go through and see if I lose or not. Maybe I should drop the originium addiction and just play the game. Then I can just come back and steamroll with overleveled units.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Unfortunately...nah man, I don't think so man, no there is nothing under there.
She always talks about how she foresaw the results when a mission completes, so I think she has a degree of future-seeing? Or she tells your fortune? If foresight is on the table, I don't think seeing spirits is out of the question. It could be some culture stuff, idk, Lava's info is pretty vague lol. 
I do find it pretty funny how much beef she has with Hibiscus.

Yeah I just checked. That's some awesome combat uniform right there.
Anyways maybe her details are in more depth with her alter unit version of her.
I mean, Hibiscus is her twin sister. Sibling rivalry moment.

Anyways, here is my current team. Characters move around to adapt to what I need most often. So right now, the team I used to clear 4-6 is...
Vanguards: Fang and Plume
Casters: Amiya and Lava
Snipers: Jessica and Kroos
Medics: Ansel and Paprika
Defenders: Cuora, Beagle, and Noir Corne
Guard: Melantha

Noir Corne isn't the default. Usually it's Elysium, Shaw, or an extra gaurd.

Time

June 20, 2024 02:09:27  #926

Time wrote:

Oh so just unlock them in advance and don't touch them until you need to do so?

Yee. I think maybe I'm just used to most of F/GO's events being inaccessible to later players unless they're re-run or added as part of the Main Interlude. Paranoia basically. xD

Time wrote:

I guess that helps, but still saying that the character is a "side character" just feels like they're delegated to a much less important roll. I mean, I'm pretty sure Arknights handles things the same way, that "side characters" are used to flesh out other parts of the world that the main group would have more trouble doing. For example, I think it would be harder to write Rhodes Island into Il Siracusano compared to just bringing in a side character to do the job. But still it just feels weird seeing a character that isn't supposed to be there, BE THERE you know???
As a random side note, I do want to mention I liked Il Siracusano's mafia setting a lot. I know the story technically took place in Arknight's version of Italy, but it just felt so much like New York City's Mafia sorta deal during the early/mid 20th century (which I'm pretty sure is 100% intentional since Texas herself is Columbian. It was a pretty cool setting.

What if I said most of us--as in humans existing on this earth--are pretty much side characters? Not that I believe that but, y'know. Discussion discussion.
What you said is pretty much it in my view, though. Even heroes--the pinnacle of humanity, the representation and peak of who we are--can be side characters, both to others' stories and to the greater story of humanity as a whole. Humanity wouldn't have been able to make it very far if there was a single, or maybe multiple "main characters". Where we are today is the consequence of many, many stories before us that we may not even recall or know. But that's what makes them heroes--no matter what they did, or how small or insignificant it might seem in the grand scheme of things, what they did have led to the present and towards the coming future.
The above is my interpretation of the heroic theme btw, not speaking for F/GO here xD.

Time wrote:

Oh no artistic nudity what will I ever do!?! 😱😱😱😱
Tbh, I probably have seen this thing like, a solid 7 or 8 times now 💀

You might not say that if you watched that in a public library. (Bystanders be like "why is the girl in the armoured dress suddenly falling out of her clothes wth")
Great, make it 10 times. (:
There's a video from Arknights that has an art style very suspiciously like this Memorial Movie's lol. Maybe they were made by the same studio. It's called

"Grown Up's Paradise", also by Mili, which is funny because. The Venn diagram is a circle.

Speaking of the artist in question (mentioning a video based on Ebenholz, who he appears in some key events),

Ebenholz has a song dedicated to him that is very based off "Standchen" by Schubert which is pretty hilarious ngl. I wouldn't recommend checking it out 'til you go through his related events though, like Lingering Echoes and the one with Viviana and Arturia (the one that just passed lol).

Time wrote:

Maybe it's because we are having to catch up? Unless you had to do the same for F/GO.
Is F/GO's story offered just like how Arknights's is? Like a huge web that you can pick and choose? Or do they hand each subsequent part to you?

F/GO is always ongoing, so I guess I did. I can't remember what was releasing in terms of the main plot when I first started, I just remember a Christmas event going on that I couldn't participate in. It might have been LB 3, though, 'cause I joined explicitly for the Prince of Lanling and I got him on rate-up as a beginner. I could probably check the dates but I'm lazy lol.
But to put that in perspective, if LB 3 was going on, that meant I had to go through the entire first arc, plus Epic of Remnant (4 parts) as well as the second part (prologue + 3 main parts), which isn't really short. Plus events ofc. So the conclusion is, I guess I had to catch up at least, not sure about doing the "same" though.
F/GO's story is mostly linear. Events are usually locked behind a degree of progression, but usually the requirements are pretty lax, excluding when the devs want people to catch up. It's to be expected, since mostly you just follow one faction to different places in space time, and the rest of the world is dead dead (usually erased). 

Time wrote:

Who told you she's old?? She looks like standard anime age unknown to me 🤨 (but presumed adult since she's a doctor)
Also, I think at least Red's faction has some important relevance to the story, I guess. idk.

No way man, I always operated on the assumption that she's that one character who is secretly ancient. I better not be wrong xD.
I saw some adoptive daughter jokes with her, guessing people ship her with the Doctor while others see her and Amiya in the same way or smthn. 
Apparently she scares people of the same species lol.

Time wrote:

You know what stars mean? More rolls. More rolls mean more characters. More characters mean more chances at cool characters. Cool characters are usually lore relevant. Lore relevance characters make more sense to use in battle.
I know I have been running the same joke for every single post about Arknights, so tell me if it gets old lol.

Who's the gacha addict now Timeme? (says the one playing like,,, 3 gacha games idk)
Your obsession with lore relevance is funny for sure. In F/GO I think you're probably constrained for support choices. For Arknights...honestly, sometimes the story doesn't have a Medic in it, so whatcha gonna do then?? 

Time wrote:

*click
Yeah whenever I notice, I just quit the mission. Tbh I should let it go through and see if I lose or not. Maybe I should drop the originium addiction and just play the game. Then I can just come back and steamroll with overleveled units.

Bro is addicted to toxic metal. Very canonical lol, lmiao. 
Also can't relate, I just go through anyways. Today there was one challenge level where the suggested strategy just was not working, so I kinda just nuked one area and it worked. 

Time wrote:

Yeah I just checked. That's some awesome combat uniform right there.
Anyways maybe her details are in more depth with her alter unit version of her.
I mean, Hibiscus is her twin sister. Sibling rivalry moment.

So great. 
It's so one-sided though, that's the funny part. Lava talks about her sister like Hibiscus killed her parents. 

Time wrote:

Anyways, here is my current team. Characters move around to adapt to what I need most often. So right now, the team I used to clear 4-6 is...
Vanguards: Fang and Plume
Casters: Amiya and Lava
Snipers: Jessica and Kroos
Medics: Ansel and Paprika
Defenders: Cuora, Beagle, and Noir Corne
Guard: Melantha

Noir Corne isn't the default. Usually it's Elysium, Shaw, or an extra gaurd.

Super F2P friendly I see xD. Because I got Ashlock and Bassline, I'm super unfamiliar with most of the lower-rarity Defenders. I do have Cuora levelled up, though. 
I'm a lil ahead of you at 4-10, but for reference sake, my team for the same level (4-6) was:
Vanguard (Fang), Archers (Kroos, Adnachiel, & Sesa), Guard (Skadi), Defenders (Bassline & Ashlock), Medics (Hibiscus & Ansel), Specialist (Projekt Red), Caster (Lava), Supporter (Virtuosa) 

Aren't comparisons fun? xD
I switch some people around a lot depending on the terrain and timing, but overall this is pretty much it. I think usually I tend to omit Casters in favour of Virtuosa because of the elemental damage (and because a lot of enemies seem to have high RES), and I've been using Perfumer as an AOE healer instead of Hibiscus for most situations, unless the positioning is weird or boss battles mandate single-target healing. Adnachiel and Sesa in particular are often switched in and out a lot depending on my needs.
Any favorite unit so far in terms of gameplay? Do you like using Elysium or a guard, maybe?

-Galaxian-

The end descends

June 21, 2024 03:26:37  #927

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Yee. I think maybe I'm just used to most of F/GO's events being inaccessible to later players unless they're re-run or added as part of the Main Interlude. Paranoia basically. xD

Dang that sucks (I'm glad to be treated good by Limbus 😌)

GalaxiannExplosion wrote:

What if I said most of us--as in humans existing on this earth--are pretty much side characters? Not that I believe that but, y'know. Discussion discussion.
What you said is pretty much it in my view, though. Even heroes--the pinnacle of humanity, the representation and peak of who we are--can be side characters, both to others' stories and to the greater story of humanity as a whole. Humanity wouldn't have been able to make it very far if there was a single, or maybe multiple "main characters". Where we are today is the consequence of many, many stories before us that we may not even recall or know. But that's what makes them heroes--no matter what they did, or how small or insignificant it might seem in the grand scheme of things, what they did have led to the present and towards the coming future.

Well yeah that makes plenty of sense. I do enjoy worlds where it feels like it's not just centered around the main cast and stuff, and it's a living breathing world with many stories going around all at once. Arknights does probably achieve this pretty well with all it's other stories, but still...
I suppose my gripe is that the fact someone is delegated to a "side character" status. I'd rather learn plenty about a singular group, instead of learning a little bit from many characters/groups. Even if the storyteller wants to explore a different part of a world or different group, it would be cool a if a lot more time was spent with them or whatever, you know?

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

You might not say that if you watched that in a public library. (Bystanders be like "why is the girl in the armoured dress suddenly falling out of her clothes wth")

Uhh I guess so yea
But still Idk if I would be watching this stuff in the library

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

There's a video from Arknights that has an art style very suspiciously like this Memorial Movie's lol. Maybe they were made by the same studio. It's called

Oh well yeah that's the other PV that got me interested by Arknights besides The Daggers' Inherritors.
I really liked a lot. Plus the music choice too (ofc mili plays a role but yeah).

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

No way man, I always operated on the assumption that she's that one character who is secretly ancient. I better not be wrong xD.

Ok I admit I was playing dumb. I know.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I saw some adoptive daughter jokes with her, guessing people ship her with the Doctor while others see her and Amiya in the same way or smthn.

Your lack of subject nouns makes this quite hard to follow.
anyways idk shipping nonsense here bruh, but I do think shipping with Amyia is a questionable choice. You're getting me on a tangent but I feel the Doc doesn't really have any shipping potential with anyone. At least the current version we're seeing right now in EP 4. Though I don't really ship characters so the previous comment doesn't hold much regard I guess. Plus I haven't read any personal logs that reveal any extra details.
Nevertheless you just reminded me of harem tropes. Ugh. Overdone and yucky.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Apparently she scares people of the same species lol.

I'd bet offput by someone who's always trying to touch my tail but the moment I try and poke back at her she cuts off my finger.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Who's the gacha addict now Timeme? (says the one playing like,,, 3 gacha games idk)

I'm no addict. If I was I'd spend money on this game. I'm just doing what is needed for the optimal story.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Your obsession with lore relevance is funny for sure. In F/GO I think you're probably constrained for support choices. For Arknights...honestly, sometimes the story doesn't have a Medic in it, so whatcha gonna do then?? 

On supports, I don't ever use supports (though ig you picked that up when I said that I am always aiming for 3 stars)
I use my best medic and ignore them. I gotta be pragmatic about it too yk.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Also can't relate, I just go through anyways. Today there was one challenge level where the suggested strategy just was not working, so I kinda just nuked one area and it worked.

Wait there's a suggested strategy?? I though it was just the mission description. Is that what you're talking about?
Say, on that note, how long does it take you get through a single mission? How many tries?

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

It's so one-sided though, that's the funny part. Lava talks about her sister like Hibiscus killed her parents.

True. I do be wondering why they decided to write that in the first place.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Super F2P friendly I see xD. Because I got Ashlock and Bassline, I'm super unfamiliar with most of the lower-rarity Defenders. I do have Cuora levelled up, though.

I don't like any of my higher rarity defender units so I mainly use Beagle and Cuora.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I switch some people around a lot depending on the terrain and timing, but overall this is pretty much it. I think usually I tend to omit Casters in favour of Virtuosa because of the elemental damage (and because a lot of enemies seem to have high RES), and I've been using Perfumer as an AOE healer instead of Hibiscus for most situations, unless the positioning is weird or boss battles mandate single-target healing. Adnachiel and Sesa in particular are often switched in and out a lot depending on my needs.

What does Virtuosa do anyways?? Like what's her damage and her support thing?
I guess I should use Sesa as an aoe sniper later on too...

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Any favorite unit so far in terms of gameplay? Do you like using Elysium or a guard, maybe?

No not really. Though I guess it'll probably be a vanguard or guard or something at some point. They're usually pretty cool.

Time

June 21, 2024 03:49:54  #928

Time wrote:

Dang that sucks (I'm glad to be treated good by Limbus 😌)

The flexing out of nowhere xD
I'll say I prefer F/GO's visual combat animations. Chibi versions of characters are very cool, but I love detailed animations. :-P

Time wrote:

Well yeah that makes plenty of sense. I do enjoy worlds where it feels like it's not just centered around the main cast and stuff, and it's a living breathing world with many stories going around all at once. Arknights does probably achieve this pretty well with all it's other stories, but still...
I suppose my gripe is that the fact someone is delegated to a "side character" status. I'd rather learn plenty about a singular group, instead of learning a little bit from many characters/groups. Even if the storyteller wants to explore a different part of a world or different group, it would be cool a if a lot more time was spent with them or whatever, you know?

I think what you're talking about is like a...time allocation of sorts for development?? Where if there are separate groups you have enough time with each of them to know them well, and a singular smaller group tends to be handled better because it's easier?

Time wrote:

Oh well yeah that's the other PV that got me interested by Arknights besides The Daggers' Inherritors.
I really liked a lot. Plus the music choice too (ofc mili plays a role but yeah).

My bad for not clicking into the videos you linked xD
Is Mili like one of your top favorite music artists?

Time wrote:

Ok I admit I was playing dumb. I know.

There's always that one character lol. 

Time wrote:

Your lack of subject nouns makes this quite hard to follow.
anyways idk shipping nonsense here bruh, but I do think shipping with Amyia is a questionable choice. You're getting me on a tangent but I feel the Doc doesn't really have any shipping potential with anyone. At least the current version we're seeing right now in EP 4. Though I don't really ship characters so the previous comment doesn't hold much regard I guess. Plus I haven't read any personal logs that reveal any extra details.
Nevertheless you just reminded me of harem tropes. Ugh. Overdone and yucky.

My bad for not proofreading. (will not proofread this post either)
They have plenty shipping potential--just with any waifu character lol. Or husbando character. Basically almost any character. Self insert shenanigans ehe. 
Y'know, the Doctor's dialogue is kinda funny to me, 'cause it reads pretty much like F/GO, where you're playing as this random teen who got kidnapped to Antarctica for a top-secret job. (ik it's probably amnesia but still)
What harem tropes? I'm asking as someone who doesn't like harems in general btw. Unless you really don't wanna elaborate, which would be understandable.

Time wrote:

I'd bet offput by someone who's always trying to touch my tail but the moment I try and poke back at her she cuts off my finger.

If you had a tail, what would you like it to be like?
Mood, crossing boundaries is always more fun when you're the one doing it.

Time wrote:

I'm no addict. If I was I'd spend money on this game. I'm just doing what is needed for the optimal story.

You're an addict to canon story replication is what you are. Also to Fugue. 

Time wrote:

On supports, I don't ever use supports (though ig you picked that up when I said that I am always aiming for 3 stars)
I use my best medic and ignore them. I gotta be pragmatic about it too yk.

In F/GO you'd be absolutely useless as a friend xD 0 FP generation (/j you have to use support most of the time lol it's a friend point system after all)
who's your best medic?
Also, is it even possible to get 1 star? Is it from the beta version or smthn?

Time wrote:

Wait there's a suggested strategy?? I though it was just the mission description. Is that what you're talking about?
Say, on that note, how long does it take you get through a single mission? How many tries?

It's usually implied in the description, or in the terrain. The level I was talking about for that post was one where the intended strategy was to lure the enemies to the left side of the map, where there was a detector, but I just couldn't get that to work, so I just blocked an entrance and nuked. But another example would be (spoilers on a challenge version of a boss fight ig)

Skullshatterer (v2)'s boss fight in 3-8--the defence tiles in the front are bait I'm ngl. I got stuck on doing the challenge version so many times yesterday just 'cause my mind was fixated on using those lol.

Time wrote:

True. I do be wondering why they decided to write that in the first place.

It's funny with meme potential and makes you remember them, I reckon, especially when a game has just launched with its starting cast. 

Time wrote:

I don't like any of my higher rarity defender units so I mainly use Beagle and Cuora.

May I ask who those are and why you don't like them?

Time wrote:

What does Virtuosa do anyways?? Like what's her damage and her support thing?
I guess I should use Sesa as an aoe sniper later on too...

She does elemental damage, bro. (/j)
but yeah. she does elemental damage (necrosis specifically). I've seen all the enemies so far have 0 elemental resistance, which means she isn't as constrained as Casters when it comes to high-RES enemies, at least in my experience. But her "casting" (ASPD) also tends to be slower for most of the time. I like to use her to whittle down tougher enemies who have higher DEF and RES. 
I think she's pretty fun to mess around with, so I won't discuss her skills or my preferences more than this. Give her a try tho, she's pretty good.  
For Sesa, he's kinda supportive, and his skill 2 can be outrun by fast enemies. I have a feeling you might prefer straight-out offence (aka Catapult).

Time wrote:

No not really. Though I guess it'll probably be a vanguard or guard or something at some point. They're usually pretty cool.

Idk why, but I wasn't expecting you to mention a vanguard, mb (@the vanguard). I can relate to seeing the Guards as cool tho. They're pretty neat. For now, Arene's probably the most interesting Guard in my cast--I don't understand how to use Talents very well yet (which is hindering my use of Lessing) and Skadi is just big damage lol.  

-Galaxian-

The end descends

June 26, 2024 00:44:40  #929

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I'll say I prefer F/GO's visual combat animations. Chibi versions of characters are very cool, but I love detailed animations. :-P

Well you know, I'm not playing Limbus for stellar gameplay visuals, and tbh I'm chill with it since they're still like a indie studio and stuff.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I think what you're talking about is like a...time allocation of sorts for development?? Where if there are separate groups you have enough time with each of them to know them well, and a singular smaller group tends to be handled better because it's easier?

Hmm, I guess it's just I'd like if a character is introduced, they have the actual proper time to be developed and explored instead of just some background character that has like, 3 lines of relevant dialogue. The thing is Arknights just can't fit everyone into the story in a way that feels satisfying. If they did, it would be pretty bloated.
Taking your hypothetical... if there were like, 3 groups of like idk 10 max people that doesn't switch out, I'm pretty sure Arknights would have plenty of time to develop all of them if they also focused the side stories, intermezzis, and so forth on the groups as well.
Though I feel I'd only join in if there was an assurance that everyone was counted for relevance-wise.
Sorry, but what is the last part of this supposed to add?? 💀

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

My bad for not clicking into the videos you linked xD
Is Mili like one of your top favorite music artists?

The group is pretty good. I don't have favorites, but they show up pretty frequently.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

My bad for not proofreading. (will not proofread this post either)

ight

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

They have plenty shipping potential--just with any waifu character lol. Or husbando character. Basically almost any character. Self insert shenanigans ehe.

Oh I'm also saying that shipping Amyia is a questionable choice because as of 1097 she's erm... 14.
Honestly I don't see it in a completely masked individual that barely says anything. (Maybe later on?)
I've heard the Doc fits more in being a guardian figure or mentor more often than not for other characters.
As a side note: I be checking the lore I do hear that there are a good bit of child soldiers 💀

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

What harem tropes? I'm asking as someone who doesn't like harems in general btw. Unless you really don't wanna elaborate, which would be understandable.

Well you know the standard trope in anime where loadsa girls just be flocking over some boring black hair black eyes anime guy that you can find in any generic anime. The usual.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

If you had a tail, what would you like it to be like?

Well taking a logical pathway, it would most likely similar to a primate's tail, but hairless.
Ok in reality I think I'd like a cool tail.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Mood, crossing boundaries is always more fun when you're the one doing it.

I do think her automatically cutting anything that comes within 5 cm is an actual thing as a fun fact (if you didn't know it already)

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

You're an addict to canon story replication is what you are. Also to Fugue.

True. I'm thinking if I ever played a gacha, games with a small cast would be best from on out.
Also a sense of style instead of generic anime-ism if that makes sense 🗿

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

who's your best medic?

tier list wise, I'm pretty sure it's Silence. I'm waiting to train her up. She's also an MC in Lone Trail, which is said to be one of the better stories too 👍

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Also, is it even possible to get 1 star? Is it from the beta version or smthn?

Beats me

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

It's usually implied in the description, or in the terrain. The level I was talking about for that post was one where the intended strategy was to lure the enemies to the left side of the map, where there was a detector, but I just couldn't get that to work, so I just blocked an entrance and nuked. But another example would be (spoilers on a challenge version of a boss fight ig)

Oh yeah ok then. Maybe I should use them actually. I only really use it if it gives me info on possible enemies but maybe I should start using the recommended stratagies.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

May I ask who those are and why you don't like them?

The only ones of note are Bassline and Asbestos
I don't like Bassline too much cuz he blocks only 2. Asbestos because I don't feel where we are at right now warrants an Arts defender.

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

but yeah. she does elemental damage (necrosis specifically). I've seen all the enemies so far have 0 elemental resistance, which means she isn't as constrained as Casters when it comes to high-RES enemies, at least in my experience. But her "casting" (ASPD) also tends to be slower for most of the time. I like to use her to whittle down tougher enemies who have higher DEF and RES.

What is necrosis/elemental damage?
Also is it that no characters have any elemental res because the devs didn't implement it at this time in the campaign?

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

For Sesa, he's kinda supportive, and his skill 2 can be outrun by fast enemies. I have a feeling you might prefer straight-out offence (aka Catapult).

Probably. I'll look at his skills more. Also for Virtuosa, isn't her skill like if you enter the area she does passive necrosis damage or am I reading that wrong?

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I don't understand how to use Talents very well yet (which is hindering my use of Lessing) and Skadi is just big damage lol.

Aren't talents just passives?

Still no proofreading from me 🗿

Time

June 26, 2024 01:32:07  #930

Time wrote:

Well you know, I'm not playing Limbus for stellar gameplay visuals, and tbh I'm chill with it since they're still like a indie studio and stuff.

Well, that's no excuse, every F/GO player knows Lasengle is just a small indie studio, plz understand. (this is an inside joke)

Time wrote:

Hmm, I guess it's just I'd like if a character is introduced, they have the actual proper time to be developed and explored instead of just some background character that has like, 3 lines of relevant dialogue. The thing is Arknights just can't fit everyone into the story in a way that feels satisfying. If they did, it would be pretty bloated.
Taking your hypothetical... if there were like, 3 groups of like idk 10 max people that doesn't switch out, I'm pretty sure Arknights would have plenty of time to develop all of them if they also focused the side stories, intermezzis, and so forth on the groups as well.
Though I feel I'd only join in if there was an assurance that everyone was counted for relevance-wise.
Sorry, but what is the last part of this supposed to add?? 💀

Knowing me, it was supposed to add words.
But actually seriously speaking, it probably summarised what you just said, I was saying it's easier to develop less people. Yeah. I guess Arknights goes kinda by regions for development then?

Time wrote:

Oh I'm also saying that shipping Amyia is a questionable choice because as of 1097 she's erm... 14.
Honestly I don't see it in a completely masked individual that barely says anything. (Maybe later on?)
I've heard the Doc fits more in being a guardian figure or mentor more often than not for other characters.
As a side note: I be checking the lore I do hear that there are a good bit of child soldiers 💀

Ehe, I have not seen age stop certain people in pretty much every fandom I am in. Actually just every fandom. Cross off the pretty much. 
(but yeah you could also just age her up, not that anyone should do that but that's probably the more morally acceptable way of doing it if you look at what probably goes on overall)
The mask and overall silence just means people can put their own faces and reactions in lol. Added to the tactical genius part of it and bingo. 
I can't really see the guardian or mentor thing tbh, I have a guy called Arene (who I've mentioned a few times) and he calls the Doctor "professor" in a kinda sarcastic sort of way. I don't really feel the dynamic though, probably because when Arene speaks the Doctor...doesn't. Yeah. 

Time wrote:

Well you know the standard trope in anime where loadsa girls just be flocking over some boring black hair black eyes anime guy that you can find in any generic anime. The usual.

Hey, maybe GGaD!Time could get a harem because he's an interesting black hair black eyes...guy in a...world. 

Time wrote:

Well taking a logical pathway, it would most likely similar to a primate's tail, but hairless.
Ok in reality I think I'd like a cool tail.

That is slightly disturbing.
Okay but what is a cool tail for you?

Time wrote:

I do think her automatically cutting anything that comes within 5 cm is an actual thing as a fun fact (if you didn't know it already)

Yeah, there's no way there isn't like 50 tons of trauma behind that fun fact. Which is the sort of thing that makes it so fun :D (/j)

Time wrote:

True. I'm thinking if I ever played a gacha, games with a small cast would be best from on out.
Also a sense of style instead of generic anime-ism if that makes sense 🗿

I'm seeing that emoji as a monke and now my image of you is just some dude with a hairless monke tail 🗿

Time wrote:

tier list wise, I'm pretty sure it's Silence. I'm waiting to train her up. She's also an MC in Lone Trail, which is said to be one of the better stories too 👍

Owl girl.
I can't read the name Silence without thinking of Echo's character(s) xD. Actually there are a few characters with familiar codenames. Or maybe just one or two, idk. 
Is it a case of powercreep where Silence is one of the newer medics, or is she just kinda more OP 'cause she has a story section dedicated to her?

Time wrote:

Beats me

(*beatboxes*)

Time wrote:

Oh yeah ok then. Maybe I should use them actually. I only really use it if it gives me info on possible enemies but maybe I should start using the recommended stratagies.

Bro, but whyy xD. Would the Doctor go simply by recommendations, Time? Hmm? 

Time wrote:

The only ones of note are Bassline and Asbestos
I don't like Bassline too much cuz he blocks only 2. Asbestos because I don't feel where we are at right now warrants an Arts defender.

My boy Bassline blocks 3 after he reaches E1 and is also an Arts defender (kinda, I'm stretching it a bit but he's been really useful for certain event fights lol).
Asbestos' name makes me laugh a bit every time. Probably 'cause of how seriously I see the word asbestos, contrasted with her bright design.

Time wrote:

What is necrosis/elemental damage?
Also is it that no characters have any elemental res because the devs didn't implement it at this time in the campaign?

Elemental damage is (speaking strictly gameplay-wise) a consistent damage debuff of sorts that lasts for a while before its gauge is filled. After said gauge is filled, the elemental damage is capped out and transitions to Necrosis, which to my knowledge is its own unique debuff, and further elemental damage cannot be inflicted while the gauge resets to zero. Kinda confusing to describe, but in actuality it's mostly clear what's going on.  
I think maybe lore-wise enemies so far just don't have elemental resistance. I could be wrong. If you look at the enemies tab, it always shows as E for all the enemies you've encountered so far (I'm assuming), so I don't think it's because of lack of implementation. Ngl, I think there are probably story spoilers for this type of damage, since it's probably a newer mechanic for a reason. It's pretty easy to understand while using Virtuosa, though.

Time wrote:

Probably. I'll look at his skills more. Also for Virtuosa, isn't her skill like if you enter the area she does passive necrosis damage or am I reading that wrong?

I'm pretty sure that's her Talent, and ngl I don't think it's substantial enough on its own at lower levels. It's probably optimised when combined with her S3 (which is only reached after E2), but I don't think what you described is from any skill on its own. 

Time wrote:

Aren't talents just passives?

F/GO player used to having to unlock append skills moment. Thanks xD.

Time wrote:

Still no proofreading from me 🗿

Monke. 🗿

-Galaxian-

The end descends

Board footera