GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 28, 2024 18:03:11  #9751

Re: Cosmic Dim. (V. XVIII), You're Correct but You're Not Right

What is a snake but a very unwilling snack?

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

April 28, 2024 19:39:40  #9752

I saw an official company policy confusing discretion with desecration so maybe my mistake wasn't as bad as I thought it was.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

May 4, 2024 20:17:37  #9753

I think it's funny that it takes me like 2 years to get accustomed to an art style, and then by the time I'm accustomed to it their art style has already changed (obviously) so it's just me perpetually being confused about other people's art styles. 
Also I'm not taking this theme off until the SS brainrot wears off. Good luck everyone else.

The Riyo collab event was rough, even more so considering I haven't even had personal experience with bad CEOs or whatnot. But I loved the Challenge Quest. (It wasn't that challenging, but I don't really like pulling my hair out for some button pressing. also no I don't have anger issues so I don't actually pull my hair or react that much, it's just a saying. This explanation is probably demonstrating another issue though.) 

I'm trying to level up characters in Awakening because I actually got stuck in every single game mode that I actively play somehow. (Dohko screwing me over in a story side quest lol. Respect the Roshi)
I finally "ascended" a bunch of people who were stuck at level 40, but now I have to do 7th Sense stuff and actually get EXP to level all of them up, which will take a while.
In the meantime I keep getting cool characters who I don't know how to use lol (I don't know where to test 'em...).
I also got an extra Milo to level up one of his skills, so that's cool! Tbh I barely know how to use him and I'm probably not maximising his potential,,, but it is what it is.

As for IRL my grades were good, but obviously there's more to worry about than just grades. 
I'm ngl I am worried for my time management and lack of studying skills. I see everyone else at my school taking it so seriously while I'm doing stuff like doodling and playing games. There's always that fear of it catching up to me one day lol.
Meanwhile I keep drawing. Again.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 5, 2024 00:43:39  #9754

I sometimes think about how I purposefully went from SS to Claymore because I was sick of there just being guys
Fat bit of good it did me (switched from drawing all women to drawing almost all men [and very men-looking women] and probably can't draw women anymore)

I need to rewatch and watch stuff but for some reason I never actually do it when I have time, I just draw and write random crap that I don't even reread (I usually only reread the crap I write when I'm not supposed to be writing or reading)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 5, 2024 00:46:08  #9755

Now that I think about it, were my favorite colours just by my own choice or was it because of SS and Claymore (gold because of the Gold Saints, silver because of Claymore's Warriors)

Leave it to me to combine such cool colours into the worst theoretical execution possible xD

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 5, 2024 00:52:27  #9756

I'm pretty sure I've said this already to some people while on the conversation topic, but--I really really like what Claymore did with character designs
They somehow managed to make the vast majority of the cast have the same coloured hair and eyes and geez do I love what resulted.
Another thing I loved is how Claymore's cast for the most part is more independent from the Organization and its "ideals" that it tries to indoctrinate in the warriors. Idk how blatantly obvious it is, but I did not like SS's idea of the warrior's destiny lol. So it was a nice break to go from SS to Claymore and see more of the warriors being (or rather trying so hard to be) their own people, though ofc psychologically that was also intertwined with the tragedy of how they're perceived by "true humans" and their traumatic upbringing/training, so it's the best of both worlds I suppose. 

I also need to rewatch Wu Zetian. 
Gosh. Dang. It. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 5, 2024 01:04:31  #9757

Slight image spam time to illustrate who I'm actually talking about

Clare (the main character)

Galatea

Flora

the armour is not the most practical but as you can sometimes see, sometimes it would not do too much good anyways.
Anyway, the major part is the big sword (the claymore). Big sword cool. 
And joking aside, I really do love the facial designs lol.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 5, 2024 03:37:43  #9758

This is one of those images that will die on me but anyways, nah, he would win /j
Context: The Pope just asked Aiolia "what if I don't give Milo's mission to you after you barged in and declared you wanted it right in front of him," and Aiolia basically says, "I would pwn him on the spot to prove my superiority"
This is also why I like Milo, like yeah sure he doesn't like Aiolia but at least he can take disrespect. And this is a lot of disrespect

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 5, 2024 03:41:09  #9759

The Netflix adaptation really fixing the plot hole of Milo having too much patience and lets him get his revenge on Aiolia just for the lolz (in the canon he didn't beat up Aiolia for this ever)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 5, 2024 03:43:52  #9760

The SS fandom experience: "uh oh this ship is illegal uh oh I made the same mistake like 9 years ago, should I tell them"

(I know people can just make up reasons like waiting or aging them up in their head or whatever, but you can't deny it's kinda weird when you have to think about the canon characters first to remember who they are)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 5, 2024 03:45:40  #9761

I love how messed up Aiolia's tunic is, it looks like he's wearing...not a shirt. 
I'm still dying at Milo's expression (I die every time I see it)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 5, 2024 03:47:40  #9762

Love how my favorite characters are just "Oh it's my time to die now. Guess I'll die *dies*"
Emotional impact speaking it also works every time, except for Li because I saw that one coming and it kinda hit like a wet dishcloth to the face.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 5, 2024 03:55:09  #9763

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r690Qqo5_xg

Saga: (*failing to sound like an old man*)
Saga: (*forgetting all his own employees*)
Bro doing Shion bad with that voice and the dementia and the drug usage :skull:

Milo: (*slides to stand up*)
Also Milo: EZ. Ok bye

Aiolia: (*does a funny little jog to get in position*)
Aiolia: (*gives a funny little look as if to gauge Milo's approval before declaring he would beat the other up*)

I also love the fact that Milo actually waits when Aiolia says to wait, only to get massively disrespected. It's a funny little parallel to Aiolia actually waiting after Shun/Hyoga tell him to wait (before he punches Seiya) and then they proceed to just ask Seiya about his newfound Gold Cloth, entirely ignoring the Gold Saint's existence.
The circle goes round, Aiolia. It doesn't end in the middle.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 5, 2024 03:59:42  #9764

40 years later Milo comes back with holepunching and gaslighting, truly the best comeback of all time
(I'm ngl the first time I saw the added fight I wheezed)

I will only ever watch a Netflix adaptation to make fun of my favorites.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 5, 2024 04:02:00  #9765

Love how Milo is praising Aiolia's technique for being the perfect blend of offence and defence or whatever, but literally just showcased the solution of: Dodge

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 5, 2024 04:02:28  #9766

This is also why in my AU, I patched up the logick hole and just made it so that my Saints can nuke the entire Sanctuary, that way no one is unmissed. /j

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 5, 2024 04:04:36  #9767

Listen, you can't win the War without making big decisions, I'm sure Sun Zi (Sun Tzu as you might know him) would approve.
Sometimes that means you need to nuke your home territory. The key is to nuke deep enough to destroy the entire Underworld by taking advantage of the planet's structural instability.
"But that would also destroy the Earth's core!" That's a loser's mentality. You just gotta go for it.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 5, 2024 04:06:32  #9768

I'm noticing American adaptations tend to make the characters fly a lot, which is super funny

Also ngl the music is getting me, for some reason it's really funny
I also caught Milo's little smirk before he gets track-torpedoed lol. At least he reacts fast ig. 
(Proof that Lightning Bolt > Lightning Plasma??)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 5, 2024 04:09:58  #9769

Really love how turn-based this fight is

Aiolia: (*uses Lightning Plasma*)
Milo: (*uses Dodge. No damage taken!*)
Milo: (*uses Scarlet Needle. It was effective!*)
Aiolia: (*uses Lightning Bolt*)
Milo: (*uses Run Around For Some Reason. It was not effective!*)
Milo: (*uses Block with Two Arms. It was effective! -2 Durability!*)
Milo: (*uses Scarlet Needle With Secret Tracking Mechanisms*)
Aiolia: (*uses Dodge. It is not effective!*)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 6, 2024 18:19:39  #9770

I like how I made the wonderful decision of writing for a traumatizing AU and subsequently reading traumatizing manga
Maybe I could use tears instead of salt and water to save some resources while cooking, hmmm?

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 6, 2024 18:23:36  #9771

F/GO Lostbelt 4...spoiler??

I got reminded that I still need to punch Arjuna Alter by proxy.
Imagine absorbing all the gods and still getting trolled by a silly clown man. Like man I make fun of GGaD!Galaxian but this is just nuts.
the gods' intelligence cancelled his out due to him being a half-mortal[?] hence coming down to the equilibrium point of Zero

Btw just to put this in context, when I finished beating him up, I was in the middle of some severe brainrot for Run and trying to sort out stuff for GGaD!Galaxian. Collectively the theme of Junao being Stupid despite being almost omniscient and the battle ending with black feathers kinda just did me in. The problem is, I dunno how to draw. Oh nooo.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 6, 2024 18:33:48  #9772

I really found it funny because iirc LB 1 and 2 were pretty logical as moral conondrums go, but then it kinda went in a direction.
Like at least for LB 2 I could see that Skadi had a limit on what she could do and was pretty much doing as much as she could to keep a post-apocalyptic society's condition as stable as much as she could (even though I still didn't like her very much lol). 
Then LB 3 kinda just went "Humans get euthanised when they reach old age :D" like I like Qin Shi Huang for their personality and for them going after Koyanchihuahua, do not get me wrong, but holy crap. 
And then LB 4 went, "Here is this war-traumatised cat guy who got trolled by a clown into killing anyone with flaws! Including physical injuries!" Like ok I get he has PTSD, and I empathize with that, but this is pretty much him becoming a war criminal to prevent war levels of bad. If we didn't clear the Tree I think he would have eventually destroyed everything himself simply by being stupid. And do pardon me if I'm missing symbolic or religious attributes in this plot because it's just that bad. 
I also never bought into LB 5 (Olympus) saying Zeus loves humans either, mostly 'cause the dude is a coward and also I, like many other individuals, have a predisposition to hate his guts.  

Anyways, we love the LBs exploring different aspects of what it means to be someone with the power to dictate others' fates (LB 1 first focused on Chaldea's new mission and its ramifications, with LB 2-6 all focusing on the Lostbelt Kings; in terms of power I'd count Morgan as a "god" as well)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 6, 2024 18:45:00  #9773

LB 4 spoilers still (later evolved to All the Lostbelts spoilers)

I appreciate the clarification towards what happened with Ashwatthama and Pepe though. 
I'm kinda glad Ash was on the other side actually (or else with both Pepe and Ashwatthama going after Chaldea the way they are, I think the outcome might have been worse than just Nezha getting sniped by her Berserker self), at least for Chaldea's sake. But still, it's nice to see how well they clicked. 
Actually, most of the Crypters summon pretty good Servants in terms of compatibility overall, don't they?
-Kadoc: Someone he can simp for (Anastasia)
-Ophelia: Someone who simped for her. Unfortunately also a world-ending menace who she saw One Time but at least he technically had her best interests at heart??
-Yu: BFF (Changgong) [I have resigned myself to the fact that in canon story outside of events, he will never be on my side]
-Pepe: A Dude Who Would Probably Help Him Beat People Up in the Funniest Ways Possible
-Kirschtaria: He and Caenis get along and are funny together. I think. I actually don't remember enough about this pairing
-Beryl: Iirc he hates Morgan? ? ? Or something? Her not imprisoning his consciousness is still her biggest character flaw though. I know she lost her Fae Eyes through disillusionment but ma'am, ma'am, you have lived for like 2,000 years, how can you not see he's the scum of the earth. 
-Daybit: It kinda feels like he gets along with his Servant but idk lol. Wait and see.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 6, 2024 22:03:46  #9774

LB 6 spoilers

Okay, so basically I got some details recontextualised.
It turns out that Morgan not only met Baobhan Sith several times, but also acted as her mother figure (sort of) various times, only for Baobhan Sith to just get killed every time Morgan wasn't around. Hence for Baobhan Sith's last life, Morgan has been using this "kill the fairies" approach.
So basically the problem is, Baobhan Sith is too stupid. (I know it's innocence but the Chinese love the cliche of female protags always being stupid innocent, and even though it's thematically significant I usually just translate it to Stupid)
The problem of Morgan still not being able to see that Baobhan Sith really just needs her validation and love kinda still pertains though, like ngl I don't see why she can't isolate her daughter and have that be the end-all be-all. Yes psychological health and all that but this is literally her last life, and she isn't even human anyways, so I think Morgan has more than the right to just default to OP magecraft.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 7, 2024 14:52:28  #9775

Love 200K per turn curse damage

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 7, 2024 16:49:47  #9776

Ah yes, Galaxian the Genius Tactician who hits enemies with tactics like "surround them as soon as they appear and nuke 'em. Oh yeah also add a bit of healing."

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 9, 2024 01:57:23  #9777

Started playing Arknights yesterday! 
(I caved because of the music again lol. Most of the stuff I've watched or played is due to the music)
I'm banking on it apparently not needing much time to farm and stuff. It also has auto-farming, like Awakening, but obviously the app has to be open for that, so it still takes time.  
The Chinese title is so cool--it's called Mingri Fangzhou, which translates to "Ark of Tomorrow". And y'know, maybe the ark part means it has an ocean theme or something, then I can pretend this has anything to do with Limbus lol.

Similar to what Time mentioned on his homethread, I also use a bit of intuition on what I want to watch, except I do a weird thing where I usually sit on them for forever despite thinking I'd enjoy them. Some exceptions do exist where I just watch them at once. Spy x Family (up to the end of Season 2 only ofc) was one of those, along with Rokka no Yuusha. Arknights has been downloaded for like a year at this point though xD. 
So far, I adore the music and aesthetic, and the story is pretty catchy despite it being the first two chapters. I also can kinda overlook the fact I don't like the designs--or at least half of them--much. I'm also trying my best to become accustomed to CN voice acting, because to be honest, I do prefer Japanese for some reason (maybe 'cause, as I've implied before, knowing a language makes it easier to pick up the exaggerated tone and kinda cringe at cliches and stuff), but I'd like to know the original meaning.
I do see that usually the footwear characters wear is rather practical, which is cool because F/GO isn't as accurate in that area.

Gameplay-wise I really do suck at tower defence games, but it's not like I'm obsessed with winning on my first try. I just pretend my Doctor character (the protagonist) can rewind and pause time. I mean, how else would I be able to pause the battle? 
I have a pretty good grasp of the standard classes, and I really love the way they introduce the mechanics. I mean, a dum-dum like me is understanding it and digesting it pretty well. I'm bound to have forgotten some things, though. Plus I suck at improvising.

So far I have a handful of characters levelled to Level 40, but more from each class need to be levelled to cover different situations. I'm fine with that--I love having to know to use a lot of different characters. The problem is, my place is flat broke xD. I have to do currency farming tomorrow. Super Bunyan crossed universes to get me again,,,
I like the people on my team (some of them sus as heck though). I don't know much lore so it's kinda just...they're there...they're from somewhere. I poke them sometimes and make them do work in different places. Hopefully none of them are backstabbing traitors though, if they are I'd be dead dead meat.  

As a note, I haven't actually seen many Arknights characters, so usually when I'm talking about one, I only summoned them like yesterday.

For instance, I summoned this guy yesterday (he came twice as a five star, which I appreciate). He's called Shenlv in Chinese (with the two dots above the u; v is used for pinyin input and I use it as romanisation so I don't have to say the same thing every time), but in English he's called Bassline. That's probably just his alias though.
I think I have a slight eye shape preference xD. Plus I love polite people who have taste in music, what can I say. Not to mention, he has fluffy wolf ears (and a tail lol, I kinda wanna see how outfit alteration works with the tail but also kinda don't?).
He's of the defender class and has been extremely helpful, because he not only blocks multiple enemies but also can heal himself or someone else (depending on who has the lower health). And since I came from F/GO where I looooove heal stalling...yeah. (My default CQ team is just slapping an Arts damage dealer along with Tamamo-no-Mae and Castoria onto the battlefield so uh, yea.) 

All the standard classes are:
-Vanguard (the people you try to deploy at the very start of the battle to build up energy for more costly units)
-Sniper (kinda like Archers, but obviously their name is pretty self-explanatory)
-Guard (they can block and 1-v-1 a specific unit with effective melee damage to avoid you getting run over by easy and difficult enemies all at the same time)
-Caster (fragile to damage but can use magic to deal effective damage to high-defence enemies that the melee units cannot)
-Support (I'm not too familiar with these yet, but the one I use a lot slows enemies down, and another one is "elemental support" [I have yet to figure out her skillset])
-Specialist (also don't know enough about this one but they seem pretty effective)
-Defender (listing again; they can block multiple enemies and are more tanky in general)
-Medic (the healers. Personally? I cannot live without healers)

Those are obvious, but then from what I can tell, there are sub-classes within each class. Like for instance, apparently the official name for Casters who slow enemies are called "Decel Binders"...but at this stage there's no hecking way I'm gonna remember xD. I'm gonna stick with remembering characters and reading their skills as they come in, and maybe some of them will stick and the pattern recognition will kick in lol. 

Story-wise, I'm looking forward to eventually watching the anime adaptation once I catch up to a good point :D rn though, I'm getting mowed over by the event, which I crossed the opening difficulty threshold of but uhh. 
It's the equivalent of "passed Fuyuki" requirements in F/GO, I guess. How else could I explain it? xD I'll keep giving it a try, but if I can't get through because of incompetency or it being physically impossible, well, whatever. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 9, 2024 02:54:47  #9778

Great time to check back in, Ishmael!
No shenanigans going on or anything, feel free to continue on your merry way.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 9, 2024 03:08:39  #9779

Hello! Figured I’d poke my head in and see how things are goin. How’ve you been?

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

"Is my body really part of the earth, and is the soul just a metaphor?"

Bones are creaky, knees weak, voice is squeaky

May 9, 2024 03:11:53  #9780

I'm doing pretty good. I'm on summer break and home doing pretty much nothing. Plus I'm very sane, no screws loose at all in this head at all!
Glad to see you drop by, though I do find it funny because I genuinely was not expecting anyone to login today. I guess it's an unofficial rule that every theme change I do has to jumpscare someone within the hour xD

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera