GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 28, 2024 14:11:26  #1741

Re: Time's Boardhost Homethread - Time's Boardhost Homethread

Time wrote:

I wonder how many people I have passed by that are my archetype in real life, you know? That we'd be great discussion partners and be able to share so many interests, but due to how we are we just walk past each other like ships in the night.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

April 28, 2024 16:33:07  #1742

Your post just reminded me of the story trope where the final event in the adventure causes all the characters to forget all their trials together, and they split away from each other without realizing how many battles they've fought together or something like that, with only a vague recollection of the past. Except one or two characters who remember everything.

Though usually the story ends with everyone remembering or reintroducing themselves to each other once more

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

April 28, 2024 18:03:53  #1743

GODS you are making me need to lay down and sob

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

April 28, 2024 19:40:19  #1744

I like to imagine that if we all have a next life, it'll be like that for us. We'll be born somewhat near each other and when we see each other we'll feel that slight twinge of familiarity, as if we want to be friends. Kinda like a small head start

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

April 28, 2024 23:45:35  #1745

Thematically that is fire imo

I gotta write this concept into a story at some point or another

Last edited by Time (April 28, 2024 23:45:59)

Time

April 28, 2024 23:59:35  #1746

Anyways creating another new convo topic I've seen a few games out there that are 100% vibe but I end up not playing it because they're like, a gacha game or something and it sometimes sucks big time. I watch the game from a distance, but don't ever play it.

Time

May 1, 2024 08:22:39  #1747

Hmmm I am thinking

Time

May 1, 2024 09:33:41  #1748

I've been in a writing rut lately, I'm finding ways to get out of it

Time

May 2, 2024 11:07:57  #1749

Man university really doing us like that huh

Well then anyways uhhh something to talk about uhhh limbus

I know I said in the past I don't like the system of most Gachas since it can be really work against being immersive to the story (limbus is an exception because they're really really good at giving an explanation to every single mechanic and feature in the story. Plus I feel its gacha mechanics are really really minimal, which is a great thing, GLORY TO PROJECT MOON)

But I never said by luck was bad 😎

I mean I'm not pulling 5 000 IDs per 10 pull, but usually I get all the stuff I need in under 50 pulls or so.

That or Limbus is also really generous with their rates (AGAIN GLORY TO PROJECT MOON)

Time

May 4, 2024 00:54:18  #1750

You know when it comes to selecting stories, it's just a feeling in my gut you know? After multiple encounters, I just need to find out more (as long as the vibe is right)

Time

May 6, 2024 13:33:05  #1751

I'm trying to find an audiobook, but I cannot find any results except for a single recording in French 😭

Time

May 6, 2024 13:41:51  #1752

No I will not read the book manually. I am lazy, and I just want to listen to it.

Time

May 6, 2024 13:46:28  #1753

Ok maybe I might just read it

Time

May 6, 2024 15:04:51  #1754

An amazing realization just struck me

I think I may be out of my writing rut

note that this rut did not last days, but probably was present for the past few weeks. Maybe even a month back or so

Last edited by Time (May 6, 2024 15:05:31)

Time

May 9, 2024 08:06:24  #1755

Epic epic
With the existence of writing blocks and art blocks and similar I'm starting to think that it might just be part of the creative process. I mean, is there anyone who can always be motivated to work on their own art all the times with ideas and energy to do it? It is annoying when you really want to do something but you can't tho. So, glad that rut is gone now!

Specter
Never mind the rising light
There's no sign of day or dawning
In my heart it's still the night
And we'll stay up the morning!

May 9, 2024 10:00:11  #1756

Yeah, I was also thinking because I was sorta stuck with Hidden Sails. I'm at the point where I start noticing things that should go into the second draft and whatnot,  but I have the urge to change it then and there.

I also think I need to rework a few backstoies so I have a better idea of how characters are

At this rate it'll never come our, I am lowkey debating if I should give a taste or smth to promise that I am in fact trying to work on it

Last edited by Time (May 9, 2024 10:01:27)

Time

May 9, 2024 10:03:27  #1757

Other note: new theme!

The light at the end of the tunnel compared to the last one 💀

So bright, so light, as if it was almost... saintly

Time

May 11, 2024 17:41:13  #1758

Must be nice... being in summer break...

Anyways since Galaxian mentioned it, I should mention it as well I guess. I'll even copy everything he says as a joke, just in my version. I love plagiarism.

I started playing Arknights 2 days ago!
(I caved in due to the character designs and the lore of the world again lol)
I'm banking on it not having much time to grind and stuff. Plus I hope the Gacha mechanics are really minimal. I don't like having characters I like (especially lore relevant ones) be bared behind a gamble system.
Also on that note, I have decided to play it on my PC on an emulator because I don't like games on my phone.

For sure, for this one I followed my gut and tastes on downloading the game. However I would be lying if I didn't decide to play Arknights on a whim. Arknights art and similar content has always been poking its head in my recommended feeds for a few years now, and I have looked into it a few times. It looked interesting, and I liked the aesthetics and possible topics they'd be covering in the world. So It has always been a possibility that I ended up digging deeper. I think I just needed a catalyst to kick me into action something that has me saying, "Ok dude, I have to check what this game is really about.".
Those two catalysts were:
This Trailer/PV- 2024 Special Commemorative Animation
This Animation- The Daggers' Inheritors - Ah, with this one tho Galaxian idk if you want to watch this because it does have info about a character we have already interacted with (albiet it may be hard to extract wha that exact info is if you ignore the description)

This may sound stupid, but I will even mention the fact that The Daggers' Inheritors almost made me cry. I don't know why. Idk if I've clarified this enough, but I haven't cried for any movie, film, story, anything. So this that is pretty revolutionary. I think only two other films made me almost cry. So this is the third. My hypothesis is that it has to do with an amazing harmonization, music, and storytelling. Or maybe it was just a part of the music that really did for me.
I really didn't expect that off of a random YouTube video I clicked, so I ought to repay Arknights it's due for evoking a reaction in me by checking what they have to offer.

So far, the music is ok, though I have heard apparently there are a good tracks in here. Some songs I have heard from Arknights are really freaking goofy and cheesy in my opinion, so we'll see. However on the other end, it has a great vibe that I enjoy. A sci-fi world with "magic", politics, and boatloads of lore and information on the world's characters, factions, and more feels down my alley. The first chapter was... eh (I'm currently going through the second one). I saw some giant weaknesses that the writers had during this time, especially when they are trying to convey progress and actions in text, but the overencompassing scenario of the first chapters was actually interesting (hopefully the anime better executes it). I've heard that story and writing improves the story continues, and I hope that is true.
I'm using JP voice acting right now. As Galaxian mentioned, knowing a language makes it easier to pick up on the exaggerated tone and can make it a off-putting. But maybe I'll switch over to English and just see so I can understand what people are saying more.
I do like seeing the taticool, techware outfits of most characters. I associate specific designs, art style, and coloring/rendering style with Arknights that I personally really like.

Gameplay-wise I the last time I played a tower defense game was Plants Vs. Zombies way back when. But I mean I wasn't actually thinking strategy during that time. I really want to get 3 stars on every mission so I can just auto run it back if needed, but I also like 3 stars. I'm just going to imagine any retries I do as a simulation the Doctor runs in their head. There's a reason the dude is a tactical genius.

So far I have a team of characters around level 25. Though I have a few others that I've leveled to ~20 ish. I really don't have much of an idea on what to do with the base management section of the game or how I can better improve my production rates for leveling up stuff.
My team is ok. Some of them are interesting, but what I really need are the characters that are popular and lore relevant and look cool. I haven't looked into any of their Operator Records  in great detail because I haven't unlocked much info there, but I am fiending to learn more (about my characters and actually lore relevant people).
I know a little bit about the lore, but I might as well not question things too much and just follow a story guide to help get the best experience and gain lore as I go along. I generally know most factions and what their real life allusion/counterpart is, but other than that I'll let the story tell me what's up. That and the wiki/other webistes I'll be using for lore.
So anyways while I'm in the Base management part of the game may facilities aren't really updated for me to do much currently, so I just poke people.

No I am not going to showcase the 5 star I got because I don't want to go to postimgs rn. Only if someone asks tho.

No I will not repeat what Galaxain said about classes because those are self explanatory/already explained

I am looking forwards to learning more about the subclassses tho. I'm just wanting the game to open up more gameplay wise too because it lowkey feels a bit limiting right now, as the only mechanics to really pay attention to is just timing, placement, and when to use a skill that just boosts your attack.

I am looking forwards to watching the anime adaptation! Especially seeing how they handle the intro chapters. I think I'm just going to get to the end of Episode 3/Chapter 3 of the game and just dive into the anime right after that, then from there continue on with the game and then once more watch the arc that the anime covers once more.

Last edited by Time (May 11, 2024 18:01:54)

Time

May 11, 2024 19:49:57  #1759

I wish I was in summer break too 🤝🏼

You guys are tempting me to play Arknights so I can understand the game lore and comment progression lol. Unfortunately I don't think I can handle another game rn so I'll just be following along with your comments and see what I can understand. Also, pictures are always cool, so yes I would love to see screenshots and/or fanart if you decide to post some.
I might be misunderstanding but Time do you know Japanese?
I think at this rate I'm going to make a compilation of you saying "I love plagiarism" /j

As for the previous comment regarding your writing, I have been tasked with telling you that "You are just building more hype". And yes it is that way from my part too lol. Good luck with whatever you're working on now  ✨

Specter
Never mind the rising light
There's no sign of day or dawning
In my heart it's still the night
And we'll stay up the morning!

May 12, 2024 02:42:46  #1760

Yeah don't worry about it. How about its more like this: we play, and then we'll tell you if it's worth the effort or not.

Oh I mean I'm not really a fanart person, but I was just moreso meaning I wasn't going to post an image like Galaxain did for his post about the (assumed) guaranteed 5 star he received lol. If you wanna check the dude out: His name is Elysium.

はい、私は日本語を知っています。, Dattebayo!!

That was some japanese I pulled off of google translate. So no, I don't know Japanese. I think I worded that part of the post pretty badly, so here is another take:

I'm using JP voice acting right now. As Galaxian mentioned, knowing a language makes it easier to pick up on the exaggerated tone and can make it a off-putting, so that's why I didn't select English. But maybe I'll switch over to English and just see what it's like understanding what people are saying more.

Really has that phrase from me become that common?

Thanks. Its just I still feel I need to be timely about my works. It's been nearly 6 months now, you know?

Time

Yesterday 02:11:48  #1761

Low star operators, I kneel

You have done things the higher star operators failed to do. For that, I shall always respect you.

It's like in rpgs, where you grow attached with your first weapon that you bought yourself, all the grinding for gold, all the experiences, all the obstacles you faced and overcame with it. Having to say goodbye will be tough when you outgrow it.

(I have never experienced this feeling, but I heard that it can be a thing)

Last edited by Time (Yesterday 02:32:29)

Time

Board footera