HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 21, 2024 15:19:52  #1681

Re: Spec's Thread of Character and Idea Rambles

I got you

uwu

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

April 21, 2024 23:39:23  #1682

I have been jumpscared

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

April 22, 2024 00:14:36  #1683

Smh those are Beautiful pictures

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

Yesterday 22:21:14  #1684

Lately I've been on an effort to settle the story of SAMDE once and for all. I know I mentioned this at least once, I dunno if under the name SAMDE, but it's basically the shared backstory between Amande and Emmot, though it's more relevant to the latter. My biggest issue with this was that it's something that I have mostly devved in a non-GGaD universe for some reason (it was supposed to be for a personal story that went nowhere like most of my ideas), and as such it was really interfering with my attempts to bring it into GGaD-only (or at least mainly in GGaD) because it was like, I have this and this that could happen, but no actual canon set in stone for relevant events.
So I'm (surprisingly) working on setting the lore down straight into text so it won't be amorphously floating in my mind. 
Byyyyy which I mean that I'm "redoing" Emmot's form to make sure I stick to one version of the character, though being realistic it's probably still going to fluctuate a little bit because I have some skill issues as a roleplayer. And anyways, it's more of a form update than a form rewrite, because I'm not rehauling Emmot's character, just putting in everything that's been in my mind all these years but somehow never posted much about? I'm very bruh about the fact that few peopple probably know who he is lol he has a bunch of lore and I squandered it by not using him in rp threads.
In all honesty I am very tempted to redo the story into something more to my current tastes, but I've instead chosen to work with what I have and expand on it instead of trashing and redoing. Plus I can't throw Xaphan into the trashcan just like that with how much I like her and her relation to Emmot. Misti fam shenanigans are super fun even if trying to figure out the chronology nearly gave me a fever (I was too lazy to think) but it's ok we love Xaphan here.

Anyways yeah! SAMDE designs are probably getting little touchups because the designs are a bit old but I don't want to change the general gist of how the characters dress and all since it's been years with me imagining them like that. I mostly want to figure out Svyat (kudos if you recognize the name) because he's got the plainest design out of them all and that could say something about his personality but currently it's just wayy to plain to even count as a character trait. So yeah, he and the rest need a little more fantasy spark. I've been doodling them a bit lately too so maybe I should post those sketches. I've yet to finish a shareable version of a team picture or something, but I hope to one day have one. Hopefully sooner rather than later.
And also I need to figure out heights wth I forgot Emmot was actually kind of short and Destiny isn't that short and all this time I've been depicting her as smoler than him AND even worse I forgot Amande is also SHORT so rip this team's heights are like xD

Also as a thought: SAMDE is supposed to be a team name but it's made up of all the teammate's initials because I honestly couldn't come up with something cooler in like 2019. And I still can't come up with something epic as of now lol but I have the excuse that one of the teammates probably thought that up and for lack of options it stuck. If I do think of another team name I'll probably change it and refer to it because SAMDE is pronounciatable (how do you say this) but also it kind of... means nothing.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

Yesterday 22:55:20  #1685

I really love SAMDE for some reason, I feel like if I'd been kinder to them they could actually have veered into actual hero territory and been like protagonists or something. Or they could've just stayed friends. But the way I made them it's sort of like they were doomed to fall apart eventually and then Emmot is like...yeah idk.
Half-tempted to make a school AU sort of thing or something similar just so they can know each other in another universe and be friends without curses and death and stuff. Ah well.
What I truly would like to do is to maybe one day write something for them, a little interaction thing or like little comics or something because honestly they deserve attention to the part of their life in which they were happy. Plus I could probably expand on their lore. I feel it has potential to bring out stuff from there, such as, what threats exactly did they face in their time as a team? What happened to the organization their team was a part of? Does it still exist? Why did it exist? What other people/creatures did they meet that have the potential to be alive till the present time?
Lots of things, but I don't have the brainpower to build upon the ideas right now. If anyone has any ideas they're welcome as always lol I would love to bring out lore from this.

Team re-introductions by name I guess since they're on my mind.

-SAMDE-
Svyat: Team leader. He has green hair and he has a sword that can cut through anything living and spiritual (mostly the latter). He's the least gifted in the team in terms of being aware of the spiritual and paranormal stuff that goes on, but he can make up for it with his skills and also some cool epic glasses that let him see into the other world lol. I think he's a nice guy though definitely not much of a talker imo, I would have to run mental simulations of him interacting with people other than his team to figure this out xD. I know I had some stuff about him being a "chosen one" of something something but I don't quite remember how that went and I have to sort out if I want to keep that or if it's not going into GGaD. He's currently dead after being murdered by Emmot but exists as a spirit.

Amande: Unnoficial vice-leader or second-in-command or something, she had a lot of experience with dealing with the stuff her team was in charge of, so she was always there. Super supportive, probably the one who cared about the team's welafare the most, and she was always teased about holding back her power. She also had a sword, except this one was a sword of purification (I don't remember how this works) that worked for uhh some specific purposes. Mostly useful in her team due to her nature but also unfortunately because of this she kept a lot of stuff secret which ended up in her having to take a forced leave for personal reasons, and her absence (in?)directly led to team SAMDE's downfall. She's currently alive.

Mirko: Super chill dude, totally here to have a good time working in a fun job. He's a gunner, ranged weapon support and also dabbled in invention because he was gifted like that and he could. I vaguely remember some sort of supernatural phenomenon being in his backstory and also why he was in the team to begin with? Anyways he's a really outgoing guy, partner in crime with the second most outgoing person in the team. He has cool goggles. He's currently dead after being murdered by Emmot but exists as a spirit.

Destiny: Finding a little hard how to describe her but I guess she's a fighter and (dark) magic expert, especially in curses which she can counter nicely because of her constitution. I always picture her with her "straight scythe" thing, actually a glaive lol but yeah. She used to get along super well with Mirko and they would totally get into mischief together, and she's the only other person in the team aside from Svyat to have explicitly good intentions towards the general good of the people by working her job. Girl wanted to help others. Oh and very importantly, she was Emmot's unofficial girlfriend, but in trying to help him she accidentally drew in a little too much curse than she could and was about to die because of it anddddd Emmot went insane because of this. Though it's kinda hard to explain. Anyways she died and her death is actually what triggered the total collapse of SAMDE. She currently exists as a spirit.

Emmot: Bro has his form coming soon and in it there's a lot more explanation for what happened in his time at SAMDE but in short, he's an exceptionally gifted exorcist who also unfortunately has a curse that says his mind/personality is going to get eroded by his own power but he pushed through for a while unkonwingly with Destiny's help. I think back in his time at SAMDE he was probably just a nice and shy guy who excelled at using his exorcism and spiritual abilities and was good at pretty much nothing else, but he tried to learn a bunch of things. Unfortunately after Destiny's death he just absolutely lost it and, uh, his current state is absolutely not good. More info on that in the form. But in his SAMDE backstory he's cool! And a pretty good fighter because of his abilities. The time he spent with his teammates is hands down the happiest time in his whole life and he really wishes it could've lasted forever. I wish he could've been happy for longer too.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

Yesterday 23:18:47  #1686

Breaking Now: Ghost gives up and spoils 2021 thread premise (mood)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

Board footera