HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 6, 2024 19:58:29  #9691

Re: Cosmic Dim. (V. XVIII), You're Correct but You're Not Right

Saga, Shura, and Camus after Shaka nukes them back when they nuked his Temple first: >:0

Also they really just stayed in the same place after Shaka tanked an attack that blew the Virgo Temple's roof off. Like they weren't expecting Shaka to return the favour

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

April 6, 2024 20:09:12  #9692

Also I'll just copy and paste the comments that I liked so much so I don't have to search for the videos every time

Shura: "debes tener una buena razón..."
Camus: "No, una pendejada igual a la que le critiqué a Hyoga"

(Shura: You should have a good reason for doing this [betraying Athena again and standing on the side of Asgard]
Camus: No, it's just a stupid thing equal to my criticism of Hyoga.)

Shura: espero que tengas una excelente explicación para esto, pero no te preguntaré
Camus: típico de capricornio :eyeroll:
(Shura: I hope that you have an excellent explanation for this, but I'm not going to ask you about it
Camus: Typical of the Capricorn *eyeroll*)

(translated, I can't find this one for some reason) [tagged 'cause of a curse word that I can't censor without ruining the joke)

Saga: If we Gold Saints are to fight, we will start a war that lasts a thousand years
Also Saga: Bitch please, Galaxian Explosion in your face

(for some reason "bitch please, Galaxian Explosion en tu cara" reads infinitely funnier)

There's also a "Camus the Informant" meme and "Camus betraying the world" comment that I can't find atm.
Let's be honest, I'm just writing these down in case TOEI gets the videos for copyright.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 6, 2024 20:09:51  #9693

I really hope the translations are right, or else Specter's gonna get me

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 6, 2024 20:26:13  #9694

I'm ngl I wonder if evil Saga and Kanon could have gotten along
They have pretty similar aspirations and hobbies (beating up Ikki like he's a piñata)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 6, 2024 20:34:59  #9695

I feel like SoG Saga appearing to save Milo was just him making up for him letting Aiolia stand Milo up in the middle of the Pope Chambers a year or so ago
and also Galaxian Explosioning his face probably a few days ago

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 6, 2024 20:40:47  #9696

I will now copy and paste a lot of comments making fun of Saga the Pope
(Unrelated to this, I wonder if the Spanish dub was trying to have him sound like an old man? I really need to rewatch the series lol)

El maestro vivía drogado. No sabía que Aioria era Leo ni que era Caballero de Oro.

saga estaba tan drogado que no reconoce a sus propios caballeros jajaja

el patriarca no lleva buena administración del santuario, no sabe cuales son sus caballeros dorados xD

Típico jefe no conoce sus trabajadores, lo importante es que cumplan

Patriarca: Tu también eres un caballero dorado?? 
Aiora: Nahh, sólo pasaba por aquí... vi luz y entré ️

"tu tambien eres caballero dorado"? Jajaja pinche saga de seguro ni él se acuerda que es el caballero de Geminis , fueron tiempos dificiles para el pobre saga XD...

Basically his dual personality problem turned him into an old man :-P 

Btw Aiolia and Milo not getting along at all is just so funny to me (add on Mu who's usually a calm gentleman and I think you could probably get a sitcom from these three)
Btw it goes both ways, Milo's fault for just believing things as they're told to him and treating Aiolia harshly on the basis of him being related to a supposed traitor, but also Aiolia's fault for instigating stuff like this (stealing Milo's mission right in front of his face and walking out with no apology or explanation)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 6, 2024 20:58:33  #9697

I know Milo probably would've actually killed Daidalos/Albiore if he were the one sent to do that (because I can't imagine Albiore "repenting" by going back to the Pope again), but I mostly just disregard that mission because I feel like the Pope would find the risk of Milo being swayed by Daidalos too much. 
Basically he probably would have assassinated the dude and abided by the mission, but because it makes more sense for that specific scenario to have not happened, I mostly just assume it was Aphrodite. Plus if Milo were somewhat involved, Shun would have to deal with having to clean up unfinished business with two Gold Saints. 
Further summary: I know Scorpio Milo was very capable of being used as a tool of Sanctuary in the name of justice. The dude can be kinda dumb. But I kinda like that complexity about him (read: severe flaws coupled with his actual strengths and pride)
Yes, I like to humanise the Gold Saints, but also because they're child soldiers they are really scary and can be very morally grey. But that's kinda the point, I apparently just have a thing for antagonists who aren't total villains. (Because after them I immediately went to favorite Run the antivillain lol)

Milo in Saintia Sho just being absolutely disrespectful towards Ate and then getting his face nicked for no reason always kills me as well. Dude has a hubris issue.
I went back to watch him PowerPoint sliding through the thorns or whatever. Ngl, in my imagination it was funnier. I think I might have mentally exaggerated it. I laughed anyways though. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 6, 2024 21:05:44  #9698

To Aiolia's credit, in Saintia Sho he tanked evil Saga's Galaxian Explosion (en su cara) twice at close range (the second time with Saga meaning to kill him), meanwhile Milo in Hades Sanctuary narrowly dodged the majority of Galaxian Explosion from a very battle-fatigued and 4-senses-deprived(?) Saga and still recognises that if he hadn't been warned by Shiryu (in the manga) it would have been a lot worse for him (I don't remember his specific words at the moment so I can't say if he thinks he would have died)

Milo has an Endurance issue is what I'm saying

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 6, 2024 21:08:48  #9699

Love the duality of Saintia Sho Milo seeming simultaneously gentle and also incredibly sassy
(The author has a bias problem too xD not complaining at all tho :-P I also think he should be sassy)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 6, 2024 21:11:54  #9700

Forgetting to mention this but I see Milo and Aiolia as being like the youngest siblings of the Gold Saints (Shaka is younger than Aiolia by around a month technically but he's also Buddha's reincarnation so,,,), so even though they don't really get along I still find their friendship interesting :-P
Plus I like how they usually aren't both impulsive at the same time. It's like when one of them has their on switch flipped, the other will be calmer to compensate, which I find sweet.
(Examples: In Poseidon's arc Milo is calmer when Aiolia is fervent on wanting to go aid the Bronze Saints, then in Hades Sanctuary, Milo wants to beat up the supposed traitors real bad while Aiolia holds back more. In Saintia Sho you can see Milo helping Aiolia and telling the Leo to not get provoked by Evil Saga, when ordinarily I think he would've been provoked as well. Idk I kinda love when characters balance each other like this despite having similar traits)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 6, 2024 21:13:49  #9701

Milo, Aiolia, and Mu: They consider each other friends and brother-in-arms, but they also can't stand each other

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 6, 2024 21:15:55  #9702

Saintia Sho: Half Milo being in a shoujo manga, half Milo being trapped by vines. (/j)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 6, 2024 21:17:37  #9703

Aiolia and Milo vs. Saga was the equivalent of a friend playing a fighting video game with you saying they'll go out in front (Aiolia), you take care of the defence (Milo), and then the friend keeps getting pwned and you can't really do anything because you're on guard duty

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 6, 2024 21:19:45  #9704

In one of the scenes Milo with the thorns gets moved to the front of Aiolia rather than the back, but then Aiolia uses Lightning Plasma
Nothing happened on-screen obviously but I don't see how that could have gone well at all :skull:

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 6, 2024 21:24:10  #9705

I'm kinda surprised Aiolia and Milo don't have more of a crackship presence in any fandom (context: 97% of the ships in SS are crackships)
No, I'm not having funny thoughts, that is the funny thought.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 7, 2024 16:47:57  #9706

Got chased by Heracles and Illya in my dream.
See this is Fate reminding me that F/DA Berserker is really just most terrifying when you're Archer. Heracles is scary for anybody. 

Anyways, I'm farming EXP in Awakening again. I think I got stuck in one of the Trials of Athena (I accidentally used Shura on the other half of the stage and now I'm getting pwned by June's damage-sharing skill on the other side) so uhhh let's see if I can level my team up enough to stall long enough to make God Cloth Milo AOE. 
One thing I'll say for Awakening, I appreciate it making an effort to make the girls useful (Marin is good healing support, some of them seem to do pretty good damage, Luna is a central support) but please, why did they do the Saintias' designs like that. And Shoko isn't even around lol (though with the way Awakening treats the Saintias I'm actually kinda happy she isn't, and that's saying something since I'm not even that attached to her character lol [I like her design, she's pretty])

If you're curious, my favorite female Saints/Saintias are probably Peacock Pavlin (from Saint Seiya Omega, she's Aquila Yuna's teacher and idk I just like her) and Cassiopeia Erda (Saintia Sho). Erda is mostly 'cause she has attitude and a very cool motorcycle, and ngl I actually quite like her relationship with Deathmask. (They have some kind of respect and hatred thing going on, which is fair because Erda's school was literally bombed and massacred by the guy. Deathmask doing Deathmask things)
I also like Marin but ngl I don't know much about her. And her armour design sucks. Cool mask tho.  
Saint Seiya needs to give the female Saints proper armour, they'd look so coooooool! 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 8, 2024 23:03:15  #9707

Finished writing the final assignment for Philosophy. It was a timed philosophy paper, capped at 2 hours and 5 minutes (5 minutes for uploading, the rest for writing).
I thought I wouldn't have to deal with timed writing again after AP so, complaint complaint time. I also vowed to not start the assignment until the timer's endpoint is pretty much the due date's endpoint. 
At least this time it was typed, ig.
Let's hope it was okay lol, I submitted 2 minutes ahead of time and did not proofread just because seeing the final grade have a few less points on it would be better than failing to proofread well enough and then having a stroke while submitting the dang thing.
Hopefully this isn't a jinx, but I am very grateful that apparently most stuff I type academically makes enough sense the first time. It's very helpful for situations like these.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 9, 2024 00:50:23  #9708

I like how the way my mind gears me up for hardships
Others complaining about studying? Well trying to understand how the world works is much easier and enjoyable than feeling perpetual moral agony over what I have done
Physical pain from exercising? At least it's preventing me from feeling the incredible amounts of remorse and guilt for my writing decisions

also helps that I don't study

F/GO update

The bit with the Trung sisters killed me. Peak fiction. This is what I play the game for. It makes everything else I am suffering over worse

I wanna get them in the gacha really badly but it's okay if they don't come. I understand. 

I really really like the OST in this event. The Con are so cute. The welfare introduction was great. Lambda and her #1 fan hurt me so bad. And the thematic contrast for the Trung sisters vs. the antagonist was perfection. I don't really care if the themes seem simple. I feel like some of the best ideas are the simple ones done well. 
I might've mentioned this 2 years ago as well, but Taisui Xingjun's adult voice is so handsome lol. It fits his appearance.

Now I need to figure out how to farm the 90+ node

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 10, 2024 00:04:58  #9709

Finally stopped procrastinating on reading Saint Seiya: Origin (so I can procrastinate on everything else)

Got pwned by a few things

-Shion and Dohko banter
-The heartbreak once I realised the parallelism between Shion refusing to kill an infant and Saga growing up to try to kill infant Athena 15 years later
-My mind's explanations for why Saga and Kanon each have an evil side:
-> Saga: possessed by a spirit
-> Kanon: hit his head on the way down

PLEASEEEEE SPARE MEEE
Emotional whiplash real.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 10, 2024 00:07:04  #9710

And then I got pwned by

Shion being a loving master who calls his student baka.
That's it, I'm so done. Shion wanting to swear is just canon now.

(/j, every master in SS except for maybe the anime's Crystal Saint and also Dohko call their students "idiot" [I think])
(but it is true that Shion uses it a lot for an old guy lol)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 10, 2024 00:23:36  #9711

Hmm ok ok. 

Short review (I might reread and start rambling on for pages later but that'll have to wait for later)

It was enjoyable. 
Do I see the issue with the central idea it conveys? Yes. Character agency and all that. I mentioned it for my headcanons relating to Shura. 
But it does make sense. And it's very interesting to me on a certain level (I like learning more about SS's idea of stars and destiny). 
So do I like the idea? It's...an explanation. I think for the author it might be the idea that makes the most sense, and I can see why. But it is true that for Gemini Saga, the man whose helmet and constellation both have two sides, taking away all of his choice in the matter is a lil...oomph. 
On one hand, I like that this helps explain why Saga didn't just (TW) kill himself on his own within the 13 years. But at the same time, it kinda deducts from what Sanctuary was able to do. Shion saw such a concerning thing (a 3rd Gemini who Dohko explicitly told him to be the incarnation of a Specter [kind of]), fainted, and then...just forgot? And yeah, Ker the goddess is characterised as just seeing the whole thing as a lil prank, but literally if she could do all that, then why didn't she do more? Her character and the tactical wisdom of what she's doing with Sanctuary are not oriented very well to canon. As it stands, she feels like the tactical genius of Hades' side (because let's be honest, the Twin Gods just dilly dally all day whether in Elysium or in their lil containers, and then Hades just gets his beauty sleep and occasionally awakens to do something like revive Sanctuary's dang Pope to kill Athena. Like c'mon). I could accept Hades' side just being so stupid (and so unlucky too, with severe skill issues) that even with almost half of the Gold Saints gone and pretty much all the Silver Saints dead, they still lost this final Holy War. Now they have Ker the retrospective variable who definitely could have decimated Sanctuary entirely somehow if she wanted. But she didn't. So, why.

I did like Kanon going after Ker with Poseidon's trident btw. Very Kanon of him. Extremely funny. Plus he's left untouched too, since as Ker notes, he already thinks as himself as evil. 
Dude has problems and needs therapy.
Also I like how he wrapped up the trident to make it seem like any ol weapon and then speared her across the face. He's kinda smart like that and I like it being shown.

Overall, I'll always take more Gold Saint-related content. And small Mu is cute even though apparently his outfit and hairstyle never change. It's okay my guy, me too. /j

I feel pain. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 11, 2024 01:17:23  #9712

I went to sleep before midnight, but then woke up 2 hours later because my mind said, "It's time."
Sleeping is optional now, apparently! Hip hip hooray!

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 11, 2024 02:47:48  #9713

One of these days one of the AUs I have is gonna make me throw up and it's proooobably gonna be SS.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 12, 2024 01:49:49  #9714

Throw up? Like out of disgust or sorrow or some oddly specific positive emotion?

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

April 12, 2024 12:26:32  #9715

Sorry but nah on the positive emotions part, unlike Echo I don't retain the ability to be like "I want to throw up /pos"
So it's gonna be the guilt and moral responsibility lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 12, 2024 12:30:25  #9716

Dreamt about Kiaane (mostly fighting a lot of people + a zombie invasion from their perspective in my old home. Idk why there was a zombie invasion)
I'm ngl it's pretty much the most hilarious thing ever that they can be so OP in making barriers and wiping out waves of enemies and not giving anyone a fighting chance, but then they have a crisis when they have to talk to people (plus their speech patterns were really accurate despite me improvising on the spot lol. A lot of breaks in between sentences combined with the shortest sentences possible, and a lot of break time in between for them to think about what they're saying)

They're more OP than me in my own dreams :-P in my dreams sometimes my barriers or flying or attacks or whatever don't work (things I perceive as actual threats tend to phase through whatever I'm trying, or vice versa, so,,, oof), but of course all those things work for Kiaane.
Plus my attacks are transparent (not willingly so on my part, apparently I just don't deserve the special effectz), but Kiaane's are fully accompanied with shiny effects lol. 
Even my brain has severe Kiaane bias ig. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 12, 2024 12:35:43  #9717

I should have made them say blub. Darn it (we'll gettem next time)
I feel like Kiaane does kinda feel like a seal. They a lil silly and socially awkward. And very cute. 
"egg" -Kiaane seal

Also because of thematic reasons F/DA Saber is technically weaker than their GGaD counterpart, but even as their creator I think they should be able to have the same power level. As a treat. 
(/j btw lol)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 12, 2024 13:12:45  #9718

Getting reminded of how I learned what warm fronts and cold fronts are by analogizing them as Milo and Camus beating each other up (Milo as the warm air mass, Camus as the cold air mass).
My teacher gave me an A+ for that one lol.

Y'know, between this and the 26 page + single-spaced fanfic on shrimps, I'm starting to blame my teachers for the 0 character development in 8 years. (/j I love them)

-Galaxian- 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 12, 2024 15:19:54  #9719

The Netflix adaptation's fights are entertaining to watch ngl

Aiolia: (*acting out*) 
The Pope/"Shion": (*sticks a needle into his head in the name of compassion*)

Aiolia: (*acting out*)
Milo: (*sticks two needles in his joints in the name of peace and justice*)

The Chinese fandom jokes about Milo being Saga's son. I can see the similarities, I guess.

Anyways the Netflix adaptation is giving Milo even more crimes (he went to Andromeda Island first to decimate the population there, and now he's pretty much torturing a friend)
I can only shrug and accept since I try to consider and accept all iterations of my favorite characters as long as the writers/creators are trying :shrug: plus I did say that I think he's capable of this stuff

Y'know why are my favorite characters all people who probably do pretty bad things when they're offscreen and could do worse. You'd think I'd like F/GO's Melusine more just because of this.  

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 12, 2024 15:29:37  #9720

I also think it's pretty funny that according to this adaptation, what I guessed was Aiolia's weakness seems to be confirmed.
That is, his fighting style is so direct (akin to Seiya's, but without the backflip kick that Seiya can sometimes try to use) that he can either be overpowered by brute force even more brutal than what he tries, or he's weak to high defence, psychokinesis, and related techniques.

Essentially, as a guardian of the Temples, he's really good at frying small fry all at once (demonstrated by Hades Sanctuary), but when he and Mu/Milo are up against Rhadamanthys, with each of them being constrained to 10% of their power, he kinda gets plowed over. (To be fair, all three of them get plowed over, but I do think it illustrates the general concept)
In Saintia Sho, he gets overwhelmed by Galaxian Explosion (probably one of the most destructive techniques of the Gold Saints), which is fair because I think most of the Gold Saints can't deal with it directly without some sort of defence. Though obviously evil Saga was somewhat powered up there.
And then in this Netflix adaptation, he gets screwed over twice.
1. Saga first restricts him and then pwns him with Genro-Mao Ken (in the original anime adaptation he kinda just gets blindsided and Genro Mao Ken-ed, which also goes against his direct combat style)
2. And then after Genro-Mao Ken's effect goes away, he kinda gets bullied by Milo shooting two holes (instead of more, which Hyoga tanked) in his body and restricting him to the point where he can't even use 100% brute force. Ngl it kinda hurt to see Milo be able to tank Lightning Bolt (just because I made fun of his endurance a few days back) even though both of them were probably a bit tired from their fights earlier on. I assume Milo had finished fighting Daidalos, who is probably on par with a weaker Gold Saint, and obviously Aiolia was dealing with Seiya and Cassios (again, I presume), and if my headcanon on Genro Mao Ken's side effects is right, then Aiolia has that too. But ngl, the overall outcome was pretty predictable regardless, which is sad 'cause I really don't downplay the Gold Lion at all, he just has bad luck apparently.
I do feel like the Gold Saints fighting against each other have different degrees of compatibility and so their strength can't be measured directly like that, but yikes, Aiolia keeps getting bad fights lol. 
He needs more plot armour outside of Soul of Gold. :-P

Btw Netflix Milo is really intense for no reason lol. Gotta love him fighting on the wrong side (dw he'll be proven wrong morally in a few hours)
Also I still like his model even though it's all stiff and inorganic. He just looks cute and angry lol.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera