HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 27, 2023 13:02:08  #1

Haze's planning thread (Open to everyone) @Time

So since I haven't been horibly active in the beginning of the DoF, I wasn't aware that the Domain was locked, so how will that affect newer characters that would possibly be introduced?  Does it apply to all of Forengard or only the DoF?  

That aside, how should we nerf Haze?  He's not technically a fighter weapon wise since all he uses is a chain, so that can't really do too much damage to people who aren't Arithnian, so I can't imagine him really hurting anyone from Forengard too badly.  Nothing killable anyways.  But his real power is clearly in his magical ability.  Since I know how Crimson and Haze act, I was planning on making their behavior rather different so if one really paid any attention to Crimson they would easily deduce something is off, but not that another Arithnian was taking place of Crimson himself.  On top of that since Crimson and Haze are so different personality wise, it also goes to suit that the way he will interact with other people and Fang and even Flare differently.  To finish the sort of help off, Haze can't mimic Crimson's weapons or fighting style, nor his Limiter, and iirc his frame is also more slender than Crimson's, as well as the absence of voice mimicry.  I could go on and on about how I plan on showcasing the difference between Haze's illusion of Crimson and the actual Crimson.  

But, how would YOU want Haze to be nerfed?  If he really poses too much trouble for the DoF, and since he hasn't really been introduced, I could easily take him out and reserve him for another time.  Granted I would have to think of a way to progress Crimson's goal, if I really wanted to that is, if it really comes to Crimson being killed for the DoF, I've got a backup plot for Fang and Flare in mind.  What are your thoughts?  

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I do change this siggy often too. 

October 28, 2023 19:08:38  #2

Re: Haze's planning thread (Open to everyone) @Time

Hmmm, well, lets keep it simple first, what do you think Haze is most likely to do with his magic? then from there we can see how we can nerf that part in particular, since it's his strong suit.

I'm still currently down with the illusion idea, as it places him in an area where he can interact with other characters socially, but if things get physical he can't do much. It also keeps it simple with not having to give him a task or worry about a surprise contender for grabbing onto an ambrosia flower. Yet still it proves him to be quite a capable guy. He's getting through the Domain's presumed anti magic field while probably a far distance away from where everyone else is.

I realize I might have not mentioned it, but I presumed that the barrier that blocks out most deities would naturally have some anti-magic capabilities as well.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

October 28, 2023 20:43:30  #3

Observation is his real specialty.  Even in his own world, Haze isn't much of a fighter unless really needed.  So he'll study everyone in the tournament and slowly try to pick them off to make sure Crimson will survive per what the Council ordered...sorta.  While the Council sent Haze to replace Flare, that doesn't mean Haze has his own goal of trying to kill Crimson and Fang and Flare for their shards of Leonidas Soul.  

And yes, as you said, he's not really after the Ambrosia flower, so he's also a very valuable tool for anyone to use, that is if they convince him enough to team up.  But his main goal is still the Emperor Soul shards.  

Yeah, I do not remember any mention of a anti-magic barrier.  How would it affect the illusions anyways?  Would it put a limit on how long it will last?  And does that barrier even apply to Haze since he's a Corrupted Deity?  

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

October 28, 2023 23:59:57  #4

Ok so double checking, Haze is not aligned with Crimson, Fang, and Flare? If he's more of a wildcard, that helps. If so that may change things in terms of balancing.

Yeah that's on me :/. I don't know too much, but I thought it would just be cool that he could circumvent it one way or another I didn't think that far lol. But one step at a time I suppose.

Time

October 29, 2023 11:04:05  #5

Yeah, no.  Haze isn't aligned with the three in Forengard or Arithnia.  So yes, he's a wildcard.  (Come to think of it, I should have mentioned that in his form...that's pretty important stuff...)

I have a lore reason, but I don't know if you would really approve of it.  However I'll tell you anyways.  I have one council member in particular, NV (Null and Void) that are two souls in one and their power is to well....null and void magics.  So I don't know how well Forengard's magic would interact with magic from a whole different world, but for the sake of it, let's just say they gave Haze a one time use thing to get past the barrier?  I just thought of this on the fly.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

October 30, 2023 01:48:10  #6

Ok ok with that in mind that changes things a lot. If he's entering as a 3rd party, that's probably better. If he was aligned with a group, then it might give a feeling that people can just be tossed in to help allies whenever and stuff.

I suppose it could work for now, Forengard is a soft magic system after all. We could say that if the flowers are controlling the barrier, it may be caught off guard by magic from a different world, just for a singular moment. Afterwards it repairs itself and places countermeasures against that type of magic or something?

Time

October 30, 2023 08:46:40  #7

Yeah, I didn't want him to be apart of Crimson's team since not only, (like you said) it will cause problems, but also he's just there for the Shards.  Nothing more, nothing less.  

Oh, that's a good idea!  I like it!  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

October 30, 2023 15:00:42  #8

Yeah I don't want it to accelerate to the point where it's deity battles in the domain, and the mortals are just trying to run around to survive. My initial thought of this story would mostly be for mortal characters

Time

October 30, 2023 17:42:55  #9

That's also a reason why I tend to only use Fang and Flare as support characters for Crimson.  While it's true that Fang doesn't really fight and Flare hardly does.  Their role is more literal in any universe.  Fang always plays the part of the servant and Flare is the advisor.  In terms of combat, if really needed, however, Fang is the Shield and Flare is the sword.  But again, it's hardly ever needed, so they only really accommodate Crimson.  

And as for Haze, he's never been one to fight.  So I'm not really sure how much I really need to nerf him since Fang, Flare and Haze aren't technically combatants unless warranted.  

Also, I like the idea of Foregard getting caught off by an unknown source of magic entering.  It's like a bio-energy field of sorts.  

Last edited by wolffighting3768 (October 30, 2023 17:43:49)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

November 1, 2023 00:56:12  #10

Yeah, maybe the barrier isn't like a wall, but more like a magic membrane that decides who enters and who doesn't or something idk.

I think everything should be good then, if Haze is acting as a wildcard that anyone can use... Ofc, it would be best that he has some sort of weakness that other characters may use to see through his illusions though. For lore, maybe it could be just something to do with the flower's and their influence on the area.

Time

November 1, 2023 08:36:38  #11

It'll be apparent that "Crimson" isn't Crimson.  If any problems arise then you're more than welcome to message me about it.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

November 2, 2023 01:43:09  #12

Yeah that sounds good. Ok, cool!

Time

January 22, 2024 12:34:04  #13

I wonder if I can rename this thread...oh well, this'll be my general planning and notes for new O.C./Characters because why not. But I'll explain why.  As we know, Crimson uses powers of Judgement and Rebellion, which are never explained or shown.  Simply put, Crimson uses Rebellions power the most.  Which allows him to go against the natural order and flow of life.  That's how he passively overcomes the effects of Scale Rust without the Limiter.  Though that isn't without a cost.  If he chooses to do that, he is rendered practically immobile.  Whenever he does this, he often takes up a stance that looks like he is praying.  That aside, this power of Rebellion is also how he can move independent and act apart from the High Council.  This thus considers him within the criteria of the High Council as a "link" between the mortal and the immortal world.  Think of him like the Avatar from The Last Airbender.  Finally, Rebellion also grants Crimson access to a piece of the Rebel.  Who we know as Leonidas....   

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

January 22, 2024 23:48:51  #14

Oh yeah if you wanna edit the title, you can click edit on the first post, and from there you can change the title

Time

January 23, 2024 00:14:17  #15

It's only letting me edit the body.  I can't edit the title.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

February 5, 2024 09:36:00  #16

Note here: 

Advent will replace Crimson when he is absent from the High Council.  Lore for how Judgements incarnate separated from Crimson or if I should retcon it is still a work in progress, but I was thinking it has to do something with Leonidas (The Emperor Soul).  Could be a 'B' team unlike Crimson, Fang and Flare.   

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Board footera