GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 6, 2023 22:18:19  #9361

Re: Cosmic Dim. (V. XVIII), You're Correct but You're Not Right

I really do love how in SGYY Zhao Yun kinda just debuts running down a hill to help and just exists ever since. Yes, he's one of Liu Bei's friends, but where in the world did they meet xD? No one knows.
Zhao Yun's a really interesting historical figure. In SGYY he's embellished so much as a perfect warrior that that's pretty much what he is. It's at the expense of his personality. But then you look at historical records of him and it's easy to see why the author simplified him to that. Compared to the arrogant Guan Yu and brash Zhang Fei, he really was the epitome of bravery, loyalty, and charisma. Though in the novel he and Huang Gai did make a kinda petty decision, but simultaneously, he didn't even pay for it, so...xD?
Also the horsie real MVP. 
Cackling because the 1994 editing was gold. He really did PowerPoint Presentation-style slide onto his horse from above. Majestic. He and Changgong need to meet.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

November 7, 2023 18:17:37  #9362

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 8, 2023 21:52:57  #9363

I love the implication that after 2 months of living in the same room, my roommate still doesn't know my name (or they just don't like me)

Their mom video called them and asked "Is that your roommate? :D" to which they responded yes, and then asked, "What's their name?" and then they kinda just ran out of the room xD

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 9, 2023 23:11:52  #9364

I opened Grammarly and accidentally opened some writing I did for school back in middle school. Instantly pwned. Disappearing, vanishing even. 
(A slight overexaggeration; it's honestly the realization of how much time has passed that got to me. I don't think current me could do a better job of rewriting The Three Little Pigs from A to Z from the Big Bad Wolf's perspective.)

-Galaxian-

Edit: Found toddler me writing. I think I'm more impressed that I tried Grammarly at that age than anything. xD You go, little me! So far I have reason to believe that you aren't gonna get anywhere really, but I admire you! Keep carrying on!

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 9, 2023 23:14:58  #9365

I had a similar writing jumpscare a couple weeks ago for some old WOFMB post I had drafted in my notes, I think it was when the whole Hurricane debacle was happening. I deleted it at lightspeed 

Call me Ishmael.
22 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

"Is my body really part of the earth, and is the soul just a metaphor?"

Bones are creaky, knees weak, voice is squeaky

November 9, 2023 23:17:14  #9366

You just deleted history, Ishmael. Restore it immediately ): 
(No seriously I think you did delete history xD)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 9, 2023 23:22:50  #9367

Forgot to add that it took 2 months of being here for me to understand that by my school's grading scale. All this time, I've been thinking I've been getting grades 1 whole letter grade lower than what I've actually been getting.
I'm not gonna say it to any of my professors of course, but honestly this is proof that I deserve worse than what I've been getting in the first place xD I am an idiot

I also laughed manically at people playing Smash Bros today xD. There were 8 players in an arena at a time and it was utter chaos.
Additionally, I learned within 2 rounds that Kirby is OP.
(Also I still cannot learn how to play a game lol, my brain has a processing time of a month or something.)
Okay, gonna go submit an assignment due before my pea-brain makes me fool around and lose like half the grade. xD

-Galaxian- 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 13, 2023 11:18:11  #9368

Posting this in commemoration of Ishmael's homethread post
lol I'm sorry Izou, you look fantastic in your new highly fashionable AND stylish Western suit, but I couldn't resist lol
Manifesting "I will get the OTP somehow" so hard. Pleaseeee I just wanna watch them fly off into the sunset. It's not for an AOE Arts Lancer really I just really love them. Give meeeee.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 13, 2023 11:20:56  #9369

@Ishmael - Btw if you wouldn't mind could you please categorize what kinda doggo Izou would be? What vibes does he give off. I am curious

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 15, 2023 21:10:30  #9370

I finally got asked "What the hell is wrong with you" today, and also got to revisit the art of desperately trying to ignore a classmate who is way too overzealous about talking to you in the middle of class. 
Also just nearly burst into tears after seeing a work I've read being directly named in another book for no reason really. Them tears welled up real quick. 

Happy Birthday Hitan lol, your birthday is truly full of suffering and sentimentality.
(It's always the humanities btw lol.)

Btw as my response to the question, I answered "Everything," and then ate an entire box of pizza right in front of them to prove the point.
They turned out more impressed by the end, but they left hurriedly after that.
I'm not too sure if this conforms to my expectations of what socialization should be like but, very well.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 15, 2023 21:14:47  #9371

Also, I found out how to make the best noodles! And by "best" I mean, the subjective best which I can make with limited groceries and a small pot. 
I've been getting sick of stuff I eat, which isn't very fun, but part of it is definitely how there's never enough vegetables and fruits. I don't think it's a fundamental issue, speaking in terms of health.
I always dread saying that I haven't gotten sick for a very long time, but I have avoided getting sick from my own roommate, so I think I'm doing things somewhat right at the very least. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 15, 2023 21:27:45  #9372

I finally got around to listening to Vergil's theme and I really like it lol
The music I've been listening to has gone full circle. Again. 
It really is funny xD, my recommendations associated with my listed email here are from a few years ago but they are still so very accurate every once in a while. 

Realized I haven't updated my F/GO summoning so here it is (I forget where I last left off so it's just the semi-recent stuff)
-I got NP 2 Bradamante and Summer Okita Alter while I was feeling extremely bad about myself (when I just got to uni), so there's some debt to some fictional characters I can never pay off. 
-Then I got Qin Liangyu again (she's NP 4 now I believe)
-Got Helena to complete the North American Singularity Trio (Karna, Edison, and Helena)! And also to give Altera her crackship wife (ngl for me it's not really a crackship lol, I ship them for very little reason...but it still is a crackship xD)
-Got Zenobia on her banner! 
-And then got Zenobia again from the general pool! (I did want her to be NP 2 so I was super happy about this)
-For the FP Frenzy (the recent GudaGuda event), I used about 680,000 FP and ultimately got 57 Nobukatsus (yes, I counted), and 5 Saber Lilys, two of whom were in the same multi
-And not really summoning, but I maxed out all the golden Fous for Changgong's health. 
-I got Saitou for NP2 while aiming for Himiko (and failing again). I am very motivated now (the Hakuouki connection strikes true xD)

As you can see, I usually get 4-stars, so the 2 5-stars back to back really felt like it was intentional. Praise be the gacha gods who saved me from a bout of depression. (I really do owe a particular fictional debt now lol. Again.)
Next goal: Try for Ryouma and Oryou (though seeing as I do pretty much nothing couple-related I really doubt they will come), and then my next target will be Jiang Ziya. Not much saving going on but ehhh, it never works anyways.

I'll go back to actually writing an essay or reading stuff now lol, better be on the safe side.

-Galaxian-

Edit: Just wanted to add that not even Mr. Monette from the Up There wanting to jump on me every time I complain is enough to stop me from complaining xD

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 15, 2023 23:01:35  #9373

Put on an OST compilation that was 1 hour 24 minutes long and somehow the last note dropped as soon as I read the last word of this 76 page excerpt.

There's that urge to cry again of course, but more than anything I'm really just glad that the words ultimately were penned onto a page and copied so many times.
I'm gonna cry tomorrow in class lol.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 17, 2023 14:29:51  #9374

I learned how to skate!! Without breaking my ankles!
Thank the gods I was actually smart enough to start exercising regularly way before this, or else I definitely would've twisted my ankle. But, it was super fun. 
Btw it was ice-skating, but on an oily floor. I heard it's harder than usual roller-skating, but the biggest problem was probably how the shoes my school provided would untie every two rounds around the track and thus the shoes would start making my ankles cave in again. And then I'd have to walk with my feet bent inwards. On my ankles, basically.
There was a lot of pain at the start but it's totally worth xD, would probably go again. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 17, 2023 16:06:30  #9375

I've tested it and made sure that when I say caffeine makes me tired it's for sure not just me trying to be special the past few days (where I function on different energy levels)
For instance today I got the most sleep and was so ready to do anything but then I drank some high-caffeine tea anyways. Immediate nap time. 
It's okay, I'm gonna finish that essay definitely hopefully.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 17, 2023 16:41:05  #9376

CoC's name for the parrying achievement is called "Filthy Casual" xDD I can't.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 18, 2023 00:49:35  #9377

Update: I was smart enough to avoid my ankles getting broken while the event was taking place, but it's possible I'm not smart enough to avoid them getting broken now. Why? Because for some reason my brain thinks we're still on the ice, and keeps trying to make me walk like I'm wearing broken skates. If I fall it is my brain cell's fault and I am suing for liability

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 20, 2023 20:11:51  #9378

Apparently my personality is just
Someone else: So what are you bringing to the table? (:
Me: Uh, self-doubt. Lots of self-doubt.

I am becoming GGaD!Galaxian. Next thing you know I'll start going off the edge over individual case examples (*gets pwned by Nursery Rhyme*)
No but actually I am trying new things and am pretty happy about it, though further improvements are needed as per usual. Self-denigration is just funnier
Also at the start of the self-doubt phase for the persona in question xD it looks like this one will be pretty dang strong, so maybe I'll get some actual improvement work done. (X to doubt)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 22, 2023 15:03:13  #9379

Imagine helping to orchestrate the death of an enemy general, getting said general killed along with pretty much their entire family, taking over the enemy general's country and executing the emperor, and then creating a posthumous title for the general saying "I couldn't have done it without you (your death)" and giving said title to the toddler grandson of the general, who was also the only person spared from the entire lineage execution that you caused.
Like FJSIODFJOIDS
and then you die the next year lol. It must be heavenly retribution.
(Double strike-out: I'm sorry Run but this knowledge came right after searching up references of you)

Chinese history funny if you ignore all the casualties. Rememeber

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 22, 2023 15:04:57  #9380

Every time I search up Gao Wei I become increasingly convinced that I don't even need to go back in time and pwn him. He did it to himself
I would still like him to show up in F/GO as one of those scrawny men with a messed-up ugly face though. So Changgong can get his closure.
Further specification: I would also like him to turn into a Giant Ghost so that his chance of actually appearing in Chaldea is nonexistent. I do not want to see him

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 28, 2023 01:20:13  #9381

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

@Ishmael - Btw if you wouldn't mind could you please categorize what kinda doggo Izou would be? What vibes does he give off. I am curious

-Galaxian-

Saw this, though of an answer, and immediately forgot to post it lol

I have no clue who this guy is but he looks fluffy and angry and has eyes in cool colors so I'm going with Siberian husky, but I think he's also a pretty convincing chihuahua. A combination of that would probably be a Pomeranian. Pomskys exist (I had the pleasure/misfortune of meeting one) but I think he's too leggy to be a Pomsky

Call me Ishmael.
22 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

December 9, 2023 12:54:10  #9382

I don't know too much about dogs but going off of vibes, I was also thinking a chihuahua xDD
His name is Okada Izou and everyone collectively agrees that he gives off doggo vibes xD. I think his lore is really interesting, so I do recommend that you check it out if you're interested. Dude strongly gives off a combination of the rogue, menacing, overconfident, yet cute(?)/extremely loyal vibes. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 9, 2023 12:58:25  #9383

I am also back. I am way too prone to just sitting back and watching you guys rather than logging in and posting unless I make it a habit. Just my Rai-like stalker-ish tendencies ig lol. 
I finished the hardest final I have and the next one is on Thursday, so in the meantime I can just be tired.
I also bought some stuff to treat myself with as a reward for finishing my first semester so yeah :D. I think I have stuff I should do over break but I don't wanna live through break like it's, well, not a break. Gotta do planning where I need to.
Glad to be back though! And I'm really looking forward to seeing more snow and being able to go out in it. It's surprised me how it's literally the start of December but snow hasn't even piled up yet. I wonder if it's normal or if it's something related to El Niño (which tbh I still don't understand very well).
I also am trying out the caffeine hypothesis again today, so let's see if I'll pass out. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 9, 2023 13:10:09  #9384

Forgot to add this but I've gotten even more interested in genetic traits and stuff. Like apparently tongue-rolling is a genetic trait. And also ear-wiggling might be?
I can't tell if I have the excuse for not really being able to roll my tongue but, y'know. It's cool!
I also wanna look more into research on the Chinese population specifically because of my personal biases (I really wanna see if I can make any logical inferences on where my family came from based on my own base of knowledge), but tbh I can't seem to find much research lol. So far I've just found that most Chinese people are lactose intolerant but my family isn't, and that I have a different allele of the ABCC11 gene than my mom does, and that I have attached earlobes (which is a recessive trait) while my mom doesn't. And also I keep forgetting the term for that lil hole I have next to my ear.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 10, 2023 00:14:56  #9385

I have the "cilantro tastes like soap" gene! I very lightly dabbled in genetics a couple years ago because my family is prone to a couple genetic health stuff and I was getting watched for Hashimoto's which is a thyroid condition that has been a thing within my family for at least generations. It's really cool to see what we can figure out from genes

Call me Ishmael.

December 10, 2023 11:51:56  #9386

I can't roll my tongue either. But yeah, genes are facinating. The language of life and whatnot

I've been looking into them for a while now myself. Mostly because of the implied potential that the field has. Plus the philosophical quandies make the topic really interesting too. 

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

December 11, 2023 20:32:36  #9387

Ishmael wrote:

I have the "cilantro tastes like soap" gene! I very lightly dabbled in genetics a couple years ago because my family is prone to a couple genetic health stuff and I was getting watched for Hashimoto's which is a thyroid condition that has been a thing within my family for at least generations. It's really cool to see what we can figure out from genes

Sometimes it feels like most of you guys have predisposition to some pretty unfortunate conditions or mental health stuff and I really don't know how to feel about it xD
I've had the fortune of eating things that actually taste like bleach or soap (like one time my mom and I bought some crab that apparently fell into some bleach and was brought right back up and packaged anyways) and ngl tasting cilantro like that by default must be super unfun
May I ask how grapefruit tastes to you, if you've eaten it before? I remember seeing something about the cilantro gene being the same one(?) as the grapefruit one so xD.  

Time wrote:

I can't roll my tongue either. But yeah, genes are facinating. The language of life and whatnot
I've been looking into them for a while now myself. Mostly because of the implied potential that the field has. Plus the philosophical quandies make the topic really interesting too. 

Update: I've been seeing a bunch of articles saying tongue-rolling isn't genetic so. xD More research is needed, apparently (or I need to review more sources)
I wouldn't mind an introduction on the philosophical side of genetics from you, if you feel like giving one. 'Cause rn all I'm thinking about is (tagged in case it's a trigger to anyone)

eugenics.
Which reminds me how intense one of my professors got on the topic. The intensity was kinda funny, even though the topic itself clearly is serious.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 11, 2023 21:08:22  #9388

While I haven't looked into the topic of tongue rolling itself, my initial thought is thats a load of malarkey (never expected I'd say that word)

Like if it's not going to be genetics, what else is it gonna be?

Oh, yeah that topic. Well, there's a few more out there that I've looked at but I think that is one of the most interesting! To take it light, it is perfect for sci fi dystopian stories!

As to other topics, I wouldn't be opposed to talking about ethics in genetics, for sure. It's just  now I'm thinking about it much more often or working on something related to it with me being in college now, yk?

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

December 14, 2023 04:53:13  #9389

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

May I ask how grapefruit tastes to you, if you've eaten it before? I remember seeing something about the cilantro gene being the same one(?) as the grapefruit one so xD.

I've had grapefruit before but it was a super long time ago because it interacts oddly with my medications. I don't remember liking it a whole lot though but I can't remember if it was because of soap taste or not

Call me Ishmael.

December 14, 2023 21:52:57  #9390

@Time - Idk, here's a single one of the articles saying it's not a dominant gene linked trait though. 
Also, nothing beats the embarrassment of naming a concept wrong. 'Cause I did some more searching and wow it turns out I can roll my tongue. But I can't seem to teach my mom to xD. 
I may or may not have confused tongue rolling with rolling sounds like the Spanish rr, because I roll my tongue so often I don't register it as a thing.
Anyways, yeah, I'll go die in a hole now lol. (*dies*)

@Ishmael - That's fine, thanks for answering anyways! I keep asking the weirdest stuff of you guys haha.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera