GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 31, 2023 02:43:27  #9151

Re: Cosmic Dim. (V. XVIII), You're Correct but You're Not Right

I love Fate/Samurai Remnant's main theme :D
Also it's always good to have another series reminding me how F/DA is going lol. 
But actually it's good, it makes me think of voice lines and battle scenes and stuff xD.
I do think I subconsciously am aware how my characters look and sound and act, I just am not the best at conveying that knowledge.

Anyways ngl Iori and Saber are the definition of "gay里gay气" as they say in Chinese and then watch Saber be female lmiao
I'm only saying this because Saber doesn't have the eyelashes thing that from what I can tell marks females in this particular style. But who knows.
They cute :shrug: now I just gotta selectively learn their personality and randomly friendship them with Kiaane

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

July 31, 2023 02:48:39  #9152

I like how people I've seen are like "Why is Cu Chulainn the bus driver?" but don't bring up Arjuna
Like why is Arjuna there. Is it because he's Asian

Also btw I also don't know why Zheng Chenggong is there
I don't have much knowledge on the dude, but I thought his design looked cool. So I asked my mom if she had any opinion on him and basically she doesn't like him lol
Will mark him as sus then. Chinese people who can smile are either genuine or hidden antagonists. Plus Chinese people who go to Japan are even more suspicious. (this is all a joke btw)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 31, 2023 02:56:32  #9153

Changgong is clearly the Grand Saber since he can fire beams from his face, I dunno why people are always wondering if it's Artoria or Murasaki or Ibuki

?? wrote:

"A Saber that does not fire beams is not a Saber."

?? wrote:

"An Archer that uses a bow is not an Archer."

Use these justifications to cancel the AU @future me.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 31, 2023 03:09:23  #9154

The clock strikes 2, thereby now becomes a good time to announce inactivity.
I will be inactive starting sometime within the coming week (August 1-7) and remain so until further notice. However, I will still drop in occasionally (sometimes "occasionally" is more frequent than other times).
The reason? I am not in a very good position IRL atm and am not too sure how the future will look for me. Additionally, when it comes to my online presence, I've been having a lot of doubts on certain areas. So I think I need to do a lot of self-reflecting, whether on the real life side or on this side.
Since the inactivity isn't just because I need to take a mental break, I can't ensure when I'll be able to do theme changes or whatnot. Put in short, I don't know how much longer I'll have internet, and I won't be able to rely on data. So to be safe, I'll mark my return time period as being anytime from mid-September to late October at latest. For now at least. It's possible it'll be earlier. But I can't be sure of that. 
I will probably spectate the forum and continue doing the bot dailies, but to be honest it's possible I will seem like I've dropped off the face of the planet. But I won't have, probably. So don't worry. 
On the theme, if any of the other admins on this site feel like changing it, then please feel free to do so. Additionally, if anything major does come up, then feel free to reach out to me via here (a thread would be preferable as I cannot see when PMs come in via email notification), email (if you have it), or Discord if you should feel the need to do so. I cannot ensure I will be able to see and respond in a timely manner, but if it meets your criteria, then do go on ahead.
With the start of the school year coming up, good luck to all who are still in school. As usual, I wish you the best in all your endeavors. See you around!

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 31, 2023 07:17:10  #9155

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

@Echo - They have not forgotten your boy
well at least in this series, I can't speak for animation updates 'cause they clearly don't do those.

JQBFKQKFJWKD YEAAAAAHHHHHHH LET'S GOOOOO

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Fictional Men <3
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

July 31, 2023 07:18:10  #9156

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I like how people I've seen are like "Why is Cu Chulainn the bus driver?" but don't bring up Arjuna
Like why is Arjuna there. Is it because he's Asian

Because. Because Arjurna <3

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Fictional Men <3
lil angst gumdrop

July 31, 2023 14:12:58  #9157

Alrighty Galaxian. I hear ya 👍

It sucks that I can't do much but wish that everything can resolve. But I will do just that.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

July 31, 2023 21:55:40  #9158

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I will be inactive starting sometime within the coming week (August 1-7) and remain so until further notice. However, I will still drop in occasionally (sometimes "occasionally" is more frequent than other times).
The reason? I am not in a very good position IRL atm and am not too sure how the future will look for me. Additionally, when it comes to my online presence, I've been having a lot of doubts on certain areas. So I think I need to do a lot of self-reflecting, whether on the real life side or on this side.
Since the inactivity isn't just because I need to take a mental break, I can't ensure when I'll be able to do theme changes or whatnot. Put in short, I don't know how much longer I'll have internet, and I won't be able to rely on data. So to be safe, I'll mark my return time period as being anytime from mid-September to late October at latest. For now at least. It's possible it'll be earlier. But I can't be sure of that. 
I will probably spectate the forum and continue doing the bot dailies, but to be honest it's possible I will seem like I've dropped off the face of the planet. But I won't have, probably. So don't worry. 
On the theme, if any of the other admins on this site feel like changing it, then please feel free to do so. Additionally, if anything major does come up, then feel free to reach out to me via here (a thread would be preferable as I cannot see when PMs come in via email notification), email (if you have it), or Discord if you should feel the need to do so. I cannot ensure I will be able to see and respond in a timely manner, but if it meets your criteria, then do go on ahead.
With the start of the school year coming up, good luck to all who are still in school. As usual, I wish you the best in all your endeavors. See you around!

-Galaxian-

stay safe my guy <3

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

July 31, 2023 22:23:44  #9159

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

-Galaxian-

Idk how I didn't see this earlier but whbdjwjd stay safeee

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Fictional Men <3
lil angst gumdrop

August 23, 2023 01:21:37  #9160

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 23, 2023 03:35:45  #9161

I hope those crabs and fish are alright 😢😢

Time

August 29, 2023 02:17:04  #9162

Test

-Galaxian-

Edit: So it seems YouTube embed links work, how about edit notifs on a post
Edit 2: Those work too

Last edited by GalaxianExplosion (August 29, 2023 02:18:17)

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 29, 2023 02:17:46  #9163

Time wrote:

I hope those crabs and fish are alright 😢😢

Been sending them your thoughts and plates 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 30, 2023 00:22:10  #9164

It looks like the flag counter Boardhost has signatures that work, and pictures now work too, so maybe the issue will get fixed soon? :D?
Test for link btw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip7QZPw04Ks

In other news, Galaxian takes advantage of them getting sick of their art to get sick of their writing! For the first time in literal years, they wrote actual writing that wasn't just [crap]post headcanons! Not that there's anything wrong with headcanons but :D !
The "not hating it too much yet" thing will probably last until tomorrow. A week at max. But I am proud of being able to write at least a little bit because, y'know, I'm me. Plus I need to start doing it more. 

And then for an actual update (not to make you read the above, I swear lol, it's just my unfortunate sense of positioning)--
The inactivity will continue, so please refer to the notice there, but I did say I'd login sometimes so here I am. Plus a part of my mind really likes trying to get me to leave permanently when I stalk for too long instead of posting so that's there as well.
I will hopefully return in full half(?) force in a month or so, so there's not really a change of plans.
Also @Time I don't know how to word this, but I am in front of your house. no please that's a joke please don't call the cops, no no no no--

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 30, 2023 02:30:31  #9165

As a semi-Chinese entity thing who can barely understand Chinese as it is, I disown this poem. I will have nothing to do with me. It has tainted my existence and esteem. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 30, 2023 15:15:49  #9166

Goes hard

Time

August 30, 2023 15:16:41  #9167

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Also @Time I don't know how to word this, but I am in front of your house. no please that's a joke please don't call the cops, no no no no--

Why don't you divulge a bit more information? Hm? Why don't you?

Time

August 30, 2023 17:46:14  #9168

Time wrote:

Why don't you divulge a bit more information? Hm? Why don't you?

Well, I think it'd be rude to dox you but um, I am inside your walls.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 30, 2023 19:44:37  #9169

Just a notice that I'm deleting my roleplaying thread, so if you see my/your post counts decreasing, that's probably why!
It'll probably stay here for a long while though because archival is hard lol.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 30, 2023 19:51:04  #9170

Never mind, it looks like the post count doesn't update when you delete posts? Or maybe it's a more retroactive thing?

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 30, 2023 20:32:06  #9171

I love how it has literally been 3 years and Xolani still does not have a form (same with Chiyoko)
Also gotta love how I am still archiving posts from May 2020, which is when the thread started btw.
Just literally all of the thread to go.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 31, 2023 01:45:16  #9172

Just sharing random videos at this point lol
I love when in life things that could've gone wrong haven't gone wrong for once, and now that it's now up to me I am...doing nothing.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 31, 2023 02:11:45  #9173

Last note before I log off again
I think Fate/Samurai Remnant's Archer might be Zhou Yu. The scene near the end with him standing in front of many ships and a wave of flame in the distance feels like a depiction of the burning of ChiBi, and with how evil he can look in promotional material I think it'd make sense. He's the righteous hero who was basically reduced to a jealous antagonist after all. Him being super misleading would make a lot of sense imo. (So basically one side of him is the historically accurate Zhou Yu, the brilliant tactician who accomplished all his feats by himself, and then the other side is the convenient villain who is jealous of Zhuge Liang and had to rely on the other for everything he actually did in history.)
His Master sus tho, ngl. If his Servant truly is this two-faced man, what the heck is he up to? If it really is Zhou Yu, I really wouldn't believe that Zheng Chenggong is a fully righteous man.

Btw if it's Zhou Yu I'm gonna quote myself on those Zhou Yu headcanons a while back, to see how accurate they'll turn out to be.
If you can't tell, the fact that he might be someone I know about already and has such an evil bastardly smile means I already like him. (:

Last but not least, "IORI GOT TURNED INTO A PIG!" gives super similar vibes to "Lancer ga shinda!" xD
I'm so looking forward to seeing more from this game. The medium itself makes it very interesting to me, and for some reason I love Saber and Iori's dynamic already. Plus the Servants all seem so interesting. Archer is...well, I just talked about him. Lancer might be Jeanne or Jalter, we don't know yet. Rider has super cool armor. Caster is really scary (as Casters in Fate works tend to be). Assassin is also very scary, but apparently is the artist's favorite along with their Master, so that's gotta mean something! And also Berserker is very scary. I've heard theories on him being Bible-related but that wouldn't matter to me if he were in the vicinity. (Scary.)
I love how scary this entire Servant cast is tbh. They all feel like they're extremely ruthless. And yes, Zhou Yu wouldn't be exempted. Yikes yikes for Iori I suppose.
I also love how Chinese dudes in Fate, in particular, evoke the "Each of them had a wife,,,???" reaction in me for some reason. It doesn't even make sense, it just happens.
Also, on a real life note, while reading this homethread I found out I jinxed myself 2 years ago, lmiao.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 31, 2023 02:29:15  #9174

Coming back 30 seconds later to say that if it ain't Zhou Yu then I literally will just perish.
Because the second trailer literally has him saying, "The wind blows, all that remains is to alight the flame." which is incredibly similar to the famous saying (attributed to Zhou Yu btw!), "All is prepared and ready, all that remains is to await the eastern wind" ("万事俱备,只欠东风")
Also. He literally summons chains. And flame. 

Imagine he's Huang Gai but Pretender lol, I would be so mad
Idk at the same time, there's something funny about an old man being summoned in the body of his superior, holding a slight grudge for part of the battle plan being him being subject to military discipline. The grudge is "slight" so all he does is act edgy to slightly taint the view others have of Zhou Yu.
but this is unlikely btw, just me saying nonsense as usual.

Edit: the post was made 30 seconds later, I assure you, I just ended up adding even more stuff since I am unhinged so by the time I made the actual post more than 10 minutes passed. Why am I like this

This is F/SR Archer btw

He has such a punchable face lol, why must he always sneer like that. He's so smug, and for what reason.
And if you can't tell, yes, I do like Zhou Yu. He has so many similarities with Changgong. Died in his early 30s, is mostly forgotten by history, was apparently very handsome. Brilliant tactician who excelled at beating the numbers. The difference is that Zhou Yu got a master who would appreciate him. Also yes both of them had wives, which is still throwing me for a loop.
The funniest thing is that Zhou Yu actually died of illness. I feel bad for finding this funny but. Hilarious.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 31, 2023 02:43:37  #9175

I'm sorry I'm not logging off, I just am wheezing for some reason at Zhou Yu's story. Like there is basically nothing funny, the dude was genuinely strong and smart and cool. I just find it funny. 
For example, he ditched Yuan Shu. Should this be funny? No. But is it? (: well yes.
"General of the Household Who Establishes Might" with 50 horses and 2000 men. I can't.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 31, 2023 02:45:38  #9176

Bro helped his best friend's younger brother become more competent as a leader rather than stealing power and authority for himself after said best friend's death. Respect.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 31, 2023 02:50:03  #9177

Bro was also unfazed by a threat of an army of 800,000 soldiers (probably more) coming to invade them and had full confidence he could defeat Cao Cao with just 30,000 [well he did specify elite troops, but still]. 
Also he was such a good friend in general. Super wholesome older brother vibes.
Listen, I love the dude in real life, even though he'd probably be hecking terrifying (I mean same with the Prince of Lanling, Wu Zetian, and literally anyone else. These people get things done and that is s c a r y. I am skimming Zhou Yu's history so far and there has not been a mention of a single military loss so far, and that means he's basically a war god), but in a semi-fictional context it's so funny to think about his actual story juxtaposed with whatever Romance of the Three Kingdoms did to his legacy. 
Listen, my favorite book bullied him, and so so do I. But also I would probably give him chicken broth. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 31, 2023 02:53:31  #9178

I think I have made it sufficiently clear that my weak spot (among many many others) is a wholesome brother relationship (with or without blood relations) and Zhou Yu/Sun Quan just jfisfjosfjdosf

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 31, 2023 02:55:18  #9179

Can we talk about Lu Su as well, the dude was also shafted (not literally, in Sanguo Yanyi he and Zhuge Liang actually vibe as their ships get shot through with arrows)
The dude was competent but no, the film had to give him three faces (this is a personal joke btw lol, referring to how the film's original version had like 3 different guys portray him, and my entire family outside of my mom says it's not a fact and that I'm crazy lol)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 31, 2023 03:02:01  #9180

Gotta love how Zhou Yu's kids either: 1) Died early (like their dad) or, 2) were younger but probably weren't educated much by their dad (who died early) and so committed offenses and had to be punished as a result

It's some mix of sadly realistic and funny because...I mean, do I have to explain? Did the guy just have bad genes or what lol.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera