HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 3, 2023 18:04:17  #1

(Intro) Hey look there's a sky island with a glowing thing on top!

It's been hovering around some modern sect town, floating above all the buildings by a fairly large margin. That thing's been dropping some cut vines, assumably taken off of that building that can be spotted from a distance with a telescope. Some people have been saying that the glowy thing is one of those god flowers, some say it's some really powerful magic quest item. Hey, maybe you can find out. It doesn't seem particularly guarded, beyond the distance. But there are some vines dangling down from it, maybe you could climb them?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAaaaaand i've reverted. Yay! there was too much sand in my lungs, anyways.
I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.
refer to me in the same manner the french refer to flesh.

okay that's all i'm going to cast divine skeleton bone blast now

June 5, 2023 21:25:15  #2

Re: (Intro) Hey look there's a sky island with a glowing thing on top!

Nemesis grabs a vine and pulls, testing to see if it'll hold. Normally she's not one for exploration but today she's willing to make an exception.

"Remind me again, m'lady," There's Leon's drawl, dripping with boredom "why I'm here wasting my time when I could be home helping the people of my country." His outfit could only be described as casual, forgoing any of the usual embellished pieces he wore. Somehow he's even been convinced to leave his coronet behind.

"Your mood was ruining my mood." Nem growled, not even bothering to hide the annoyance in her voice, "Now either you find a way up or I'm hauling you up there whether you want it or not." She gives the vines a firmer tug, not fully trusting it to hold her weight.

Leon huffs but still does as he's told, reaching out to the nearest vine and feeling around, mentally mapping out a path to the top. So what, maybe he's a little curious about this new floating island, sue him.

((De-thawing Leon from the metaphorical oc freezer))

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
----------------------------------------
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

June 6, 2023 22:12:13  #3

The vines to seem to hold the weight pretty well, however they seem to tug themselves up towards the island. Seems that the only limiting thing here was the height of the vines.

I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.

June 19, 2023 20:09:17  #4

Satisfied with her hold, Nemesis offers Leon a hand. Leon can neither deny nor confirm being carried like a sack of potatoes over Nemesis' shoulder. If nothing else happens, then I think it's safe to say the duo made it up just fine.

(( For reference I made Nem like 9ft tall so I dont think the height would be an issue, if I'm wrong just let me know ))

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

June 19, 2023 21:38:45  #5

((oh wow nem's huge. that's only gonna change how i describe trove, you're goo))

Once the pair has made it up to the island, they're met with a shockingly flourishing garden. There's a couple of trees, sourrounding what looks like a small building. It looks like there might be a greenhouse behind it, but it's difficult to tell when there's a distractingly bright person tending to some of the plants; cheerfully humming. Continuing to hum, it stands up, stretching its wings in the same motion, and brushes off its pants. They call out to the two arrivals while turning to face them, revealing that it visually lacks much of a face, "Hello, welcome to my nest, make yourself at home!"

June 22, 2023 20:14:38  #6

Leon squints, having always been a little sensitive to light, yet still he stares at the glowing person trying to make sense of what he's seeing.

Nemesis is a little less fazed, seemingly more curious about the greenery than the person themself. 

The two stand there, awkward and ridged. Unsure of what to say and do.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

June 23, 2023 00:07:12  #7

The glowing person seems to be smiling, considering that it looks like their mouth is solid black, it's quite hard to see that it isn't. Thankfully, most of the flashbang is under clothing, which seems to be rather unusually effective at blocking it, mostly a large white coat. Feathered red wings contrast against the rest of its blinding form. A proper glowing halo floats above the stranger's head, which seems to glow more... really? Like it is actually producing light, but the rest of the glowstick's body isn't.  Its dark red hair waves gently in a breeze that is not quite here yet. Why is this bird glowstick almost as tall as Nemesis?

It begins to walk towards them, a tail ending in a teal point swishing behind them, and it becomes increasingly more obvious that it has bird feet. "I am Trove, and- Wait, are you not the goddess Nemesis? To what do I owe the pleasure? Is there somebody that I've wronged? Oh, I dearly hope not, that would be quite troublesome." The longer they talk the more... calm. seems to surround Leon and Nemesis' minds. Not like magic, more like... its voice sounds like peace. Like the dove's olive branch, or the waving flag's pale white. A treatis without a war, and a song without notes.

June 30, 2023 16:02:03  #8

The calm, oddly enough, seems to serve the exact opposite effect on Nemesis. It's an unfamiliar sensation that puts her on edge. In return she strengthens her own aura, anger and resentment filling the air like waves on rocky shores, about as subtle as an elephant hiding behind a tree. "Nemesis, Goddess of anger, revenge, and death." She offers nothing more than this formal introduction. Frankly redundant considering Trove obviously knows who she is.

"Leon, pleased to make your acquaintance." He offers Trove a small bow that honestly just looks like a nod, "We are just...exploring? Y'know, curiosity and floating islands and all." Leon sounds like he's not even sure why he's there. Then, as an afterthought, he tacks on "You have a nice garden, really uh, full. Of greenery."

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

June 30, 2023 17:00:43  #9

"Oh, the pleasure's all mine, Leon! Yes, there are quite a variety of plants here, would you like some I've prepared? I have some for teas, as well as a few herbal remedies. My selection isn't the grandest currently, but I've found most taste best fresh." Trove steals Leon's hand and shakes it, leaving a warm feeling; almost like he just grasped hands with a lightbulb. They release his hand after the shaking.

Trove senses Nemesis increase the anger in the air, and turns to her and bows; more than Leon did to it. "It's always a pleasure to meet with you divine, although I would prefer if you did not impress yourself overly onto my home, the creatures whom assist me in the gardens are quite susceptible to being influenced." Its voice does not increase its calming sensation, perhaps because it does not control the effect. Although their words do hasten, probably to get its message across faster, before the random bugs and birds start gang wars.

July 3, 2023 21:45:45  #10

Nemesis takes in a few deep breaths and the anger fizzles down to a more ignorable level, not quite gone like the electric buzzing in every modern sect home. "My apologies. I didn't mean to intrude, just sometimes my reflexes kick in."

Leon is, for a moment, caught off guard by Trove's warmth but he quickly regains his footing. "Ah thank you for the offer but I'm afraid I'm not in the mood for tea at this moment. Though, if it's not much bother, I'd like- I mean I'm not opposed to a tour of your lovely garden." He tries for a friendly smile but it comes off a little stiff and akward.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

July 11, 2023 15:16:45  #11

"No need to apologize, not one lacks flaws." Trove smiles gratefully as Nemesis lets the anger fall lower, before turning its attention back to Leon. "And normally I'd love to show you around my garden, but unfortunately I've only just recently awoken from death, so it is a little overgrown and unkind at the moment."

July 12, 2023 17:41:19  #12

"Awoken from death?" Leon asks, tilting his head curiously.

Nemesis also tilts her head in equal curiosity, waiting for Trove's answer.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

July 12, 2023 19:09:12  #13

A loud scream could be hard from the sky as Crimson came falling down and hitting the ground with a shallow thud, folloing him was Fang, who landed on Crimson back a bit too hard and yelped in pain.  Flare flapped his wings and landed with little to no problem on the ground and watched at Crimson and Fang rolled over and sat up.  Crimson bonked Fang on the head and sent her hiding behind Flare.  "That's the LAST time I have you pick out a magic charm!  When they said random affect, I DIDN'T MEAN FALLING ON THE GROUND FROM THE SKY!" he screamed at her. 

Fang stuck her head out from behind Flare and mocked him.  "Yeah it's YOUR fault actually because you pressured me to--"

Flare placed his hand over Fang's mouth and sighed.  "I believe we have some...divine company Cor.  And Fang, do mind giving me the charm next time shall we?  As for you Cor..." Flare said rather gladly and walked over to Crimson and helped him to his feet.  "Might I recommend next time you actually listen?" 

The trio talked some more before turning their attention to the other deities.  Crimson stood up and bowed.  "Sorry for the mess!"   

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I do change this siggy often too. 

July 12, 2023 19:14:28  #14

"Yes, I died. I don't recall all the details but I believe it involved my twin, The Wolf. Fortunately, it seems that I share its deathless nature, so it was only a matter of time before I came back. However it could've at least asked before testing whether I did."

July 13, 2023 20:39:59  #15

"Oof sibling murder...that sucks." Leon said, attempting to sympathize. His eyes narrow when he spots Crimson, "You." Is all he says, it seems he has not forgotten their last encounter.

The flare in Nemesis' aura is a sharp and immediate response to Crimson and co. sudden appearance. Quickly filling their surroundings with aggressive anger and malice. She's breathing deeply, eyes closed, attempting some sort of meditation technique. 

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

July 14, 2023 00:14:03  #16

Trove immediately lifts a hand to cast a spell and protect its island, crafting a net of light to keep the trio from falling onto its work. "You three are far too reckless with magic, you could've endangered yourselves or others! You are lucky that I am skilled enough to have prevented such a thing here, but you should always practice caution when dealing with the magical! Especially when it is transporting you somewhere!" It obviously drops the spell quite quickly, since they aren't producing any harm simply by existing. Despite the mercy coursing off its speech, the hawk seems quite annoyed. Not angry, just annoyed.

July 14, 2023 18:47:20  #17

"Not my fault!  Fang just chose a horrible market charm!" Crimson told Trove.  Fang grumbled and slapped Crimson on the neck.  Crimsom receded in pain and rubbed his neck and began to bicker with Fang. 

Flare sighed and walked over to Trove.  "Thank you.  I appreciate the help.  Those two are always like this sadly.  Adopting personalities and words like a book of many genres.  I am Flare, Crimson's advisor.  Fang is his...pet so to speak." he said in a rather calm and composed manner, as if he was speaking to a person above him.   

Yeah, I'm active here like every day, no I don't have a life outside video games, GGaD or college.  And yes, I do love this place in case it's not clear.  

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

July 17, 2023 20:01:29  #18

It takes Nemesis a couple of tries but eventually she regains control over her own emotions. She quietly survey the three new arrivals, taking in any information she deems useful.

Leon has gone quiet as well, not quite hiding behind Nem but definitely inching closer to her. He's watching Crimson, Fang, and Flare as well but more like he's mimicking Nemesis instead of looking for any particular reason.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

July 18, 2023 18:40:48  #19

Trove sighs, and presses two talons against the bridge of presumably a nose. It's hard to tell, since the majority of its face is glowing and blurry, asides from the details that can be gleamed from the few surrounding feathers. "I am Trove, the Scarlet Hawk. A scholar. Welcome to my nest." And Flare would be correct in assuming Trove is above him, at least in terms of them being taller than any of his group. Seems to be shorter than Nemesis though, although the wings and halo and being closer than her make it slightly hard to tell. The bird calls over to Crimson and Fang, "Would you two cease your bickering, or at least take it away from my isle? I've no doubt that you could easily cause destruction in my garden, and I'd be rather inclined to force your departure should you do so."

July 19, 2023 17:18:41  #20

"Oh trust me, they won't listen unless you physically shut them up.  I've learned the hard way." Flare responded to Trove, just as annoyed by Crimson and Fang.  He walked over to Fang and grabbed her by the neck and dragged her away from Crimson, leaving a fuming pile of idiots who are silently burning holes in each other as they stare at one another.  Flare puts Fang in front of Trove and walks back over to Crimson and kneels down beside him.  

Fang looked up at Trove and jumped a bit, just now noticing how big and rather intimidating he looked.  "H-hi...I'm Fang...please don't eat me." she squeaked. 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

July 25, 2023 21:10:13  #21

Trove(Whom is not a man, Zane.) laughs lightly, and answers, "I don't eat people, you're in no danger of that. Fang isn't a common name around here, which sect are you from; if I may ask?" They've folded its hands together, and drops them to a resting position in front of it; and  steps off to the side, letting Leon and Nemesis have an easier time joining the conversation should they wish.

July 26, 2023 17:04:10  #22

Fang looked at Trove in confusion.  "Errr, I'm not exactly from here...this world to be specific.  My home is called Arithnia.  We, that being Flare and I, came here to help Crimson." 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

July 29, 2023 12:57:12  #23

"Oh the outworlders." Nemesis comments, "Still haven't found a way home?"

Leon frankly looks like he'd rather be anywhere but here. Still he stays, sticking close to Nem but seemingly more restless by the second.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

July 30, 2023 00:10:02  #24

"Oh, that's quite unique. How did you get here? Were there any repercussions for crossing between worlds?" Trove is quite interested in this topic, as it doesn't know it knows anybody from off-world. It also somehow had a notebook and quill. They seem to dip the quill into... itself? Strange, but whatever, and they write whatever fang offers on the subject

Board footera