GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 18, 2023 04:04:10  #9121

Re: Cosmic Dim. (V. XVIII), You're Correct but You're Not Right

Kudos to the voice actor for the dragon spirit dude. He is really trying
He actually sustained the atmosphere for a bit. I really love feeling the fear and trepidation from his words. You can tell that he's a charismatic person (spirit?). He's basically lying by cherry-picking what he wants others to hear. Added to the lightning background, his words are extremely compelling.
Also kudos to Wangquan Wumu's voice actor. His character is...short xD but you can really see how brave he is and how much potential he has. He's confident, but not arrogant. He even apologizes for being rude to an elder, but uses cold logic to point out the other's lies and crimes. And I love the little details of him trusting Fan Yunfei even though the dragon spirit is sounding so appealing and intimidating.
Put together, I love that dynamic of a charismatic cult leader vs. a young, budding hero. I'm really looking forward to seeing that development. 'Cause y'know, they are intentionally constructed as foils of each other. The spirit leader wants the best for his race (the yaoguai) and will sacrifice both humans and spirits for that greater aim. He represents how good wishes (perhaps especially when combined with mysterious, strong power) will lead to folly, but also how those innate good wishes are perhaps only tainted because of outside corruption. He's shown to genuinely want to protect his brethren (including Fan Yunfei, who rejects his ideologies) even with his dying breath. Meanwhile, Wumu represents the best of humanity...or rather, the best of both worlds. He teaches us to go out and explore the world before making conclusions about those different from us. In addition, he represents the tragedy in having high potential, in being a prodigy--he is ultimately killed by his father, a human who is just as obsessed in power as the dragon spirit he fought.
Both of them die in the same spot, because of the hideousness hidden in both human and spirit nature (greed). But at the same time, their memories live on through Fan Yunfei, who constructs his own beliefs through his brief time with Wumu and the dragon spirit, and continues to discern good and evil. now, we will not talk about how he tried to kill Susu in the first season. That was probably OOC. Hopefully.
Btw this donghua is showing how someone with a stutter is more funny in theory, 'cause the audience is susceptible to impatience when it's actually acted out.  But that's cool too, I just gotta become more patient, I suppose.
More miscellaneous notes:
-I'm pretty sure they are trying to give Yujie more screentime and I really appreciate it
-Xueyang's general costume is lovely
-I keep remembering how Dian and Lei reminded me of small Fallon and Kenshin in GGaD xD some day I will draw this entire season's main cast,,,

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

July 18, 2023 18:22:50  #9122

My mom really did say that she would marry Kiaane, like ma'am no you wouldn't, they have problems.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 19, 2023 03:09:39  #9123

I still find it funny how after Time made a few posts just hyperfocusing on the impracticality of high heels in combat F/GO made an event with a shoes tier list

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 20, 2023 11:47:24  #9124

In hysterics for how the Chinese F/GO fandom calls characters
Lancer = "狗哥“ (dog bro...except in Chinese calling someone a dog/adding "dog" in front of a title is cursing them out so xD), 藍傻 ("Dumb blue [guy]")
Saber = "傻巴" (shaba...again, sha means "dumb" lol)

And then they just call Medea Medea like wth xD
Also found this emoji xD 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 23, 2023 16:24:43  #9125

I feel like maybe my tendency to call people names and say just the weirdest things comes from me being Chinese
Like I open one (1) video and the first comment is
"咒腕很棒,他對於工作的付出,已經到掏心掏肺的程度了。 對敵人也一樣,可以問狗哥,他很清楚。"
(Cursed Arm is terrific, his work contribution level is practically heart-tearing [Chinese idiom]. It's the same towards his enemies, you can ask Dog Bro [Cu Chulainn] to verify, he's very cognizant on that fact.)

Imagine punning on a wholesome comedy video about a doggo's death in an entirely different series. At least English just relegates itself to "LANCER GA SHINDA" when Lancer actually dies. This is basically the equivalent of "Hey remember when he stabbed you"

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 24, 2023 01:33:26  #9126

I like how I usually share with you guys how I was more optimistic and extroverted in my youth but conceal the chaotic bastard aspects
There are so many things Gremlin Galaxian did that I cannot remember and everything else that I can recall cannot be properly characterized. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 24, 2023 09:16:13  #9127

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I still find it funny how after Time made a few posts just hyperfocusing on the impracticality of high heels in combat F/GO made an event with a shoes tier list

-Galaxian-

While I did focus on the impracticality of high heels in combat, I would likely participate in a shoes tier list event for fun. And I'd even rate them not on like, practicality too, and based off of different perameters

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

July 25, 2023 23:14:11  #9128

I finally got get-off-my-lawn-ed today
One more thing to cross off my bucket list.
Btw my mom and I were just. Sitting there. Drinking a bit of water. Because it was 100 degrees out. And we weren't even close to the house, we were pretty much right next to the sidewalk.
Anyways I'll count my lucky stars, since it could have gone much worse. The dude could've had a gun. All he had was just a attitude and a kid as ugly as he was that's a joke btw they were perfectly ordinary-looking...well maybe leaning towards the ugly side but not too bad.

Time wrote:

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

-Galaxian-

While I did focus on the impracticality of high heels in combat, I would likely participate in a shoes tier list event for fun. And I'd even rate them not on like, practicality too, and based off of different perameters

Which parameters?

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 25, 2023 23:25:58  #9129

Btw I do apologize if I sound like I'm unnecessarily cranky or something, I swear I wanna be more positive and all that (including around you guys) but getting chased off for something I don't feel like was wrong just gives me the wrong vibes. I'm not saying the dude was racist or anything, he probably was having a bad day or is just not a very gracious person. But culturally speaking. In Chinese getting chased off is implicating that the one being chased off is like a dog (derogative). And I'm not completely immune to cultural implications like that, even though I know he probably didn't think about that. 
I dunno, I just feel like it was broad daylight, we weren't soliciting/loitering or anything, we didn't even stay for very long. Situationally speaking it just irks me. Like yeah it's your lawn. What are you gonna do with it? Stare at the grass? He didn't need to use it or anything, and again, we weren't destroying any part of it. 
Probably just a stupid thing. I think maybe I just don't process things very well and have a history of being told off when I haven't done anything (too?) wrong. Yeah, maybe that's it. I'm just sensitive like usual.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 26, 2023 00:07:17  #9130

Also this is pretty late, but happy birthday, Mashu!
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATTHEW" playing in the background
Hey, I ship Fujimaru and her, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't troll her if I were the canonical Master.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 26, 2023 00:16:08  #9131

I'm for sure not the canonical Ritsuka Fujimaru who supports good and tolerates evil, I'm just the little goblin who tags along with people who don't really want to be overanalyzed.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 26, 2023 00:22:49  #9132

Canon Fujimaru: (*accepts people's flaws*)
Me: Mmm marshmallow Ellie (:

Canon Fujimaru: (*is angry sometimes but still treats his enemies with respect
Me: (*does solos with intentional disrespect*)

[Technically LB 5 Part 2 spoilers lol]
Canon Fujimaru: (*learns actual lessons from the enemies he's fighting*)
Me, facing the Lion King and Zeus (at different periods of time): (*atheistic biases storm in with a vengeance*)

[LB 6 Spoilers if you clicked into this lmiao]
Canon Fujimaru: (*is basically one of Oberon's Blancas in that they accept him despite his purpose and flaws countering their own*)
Me: (*cackles as I make an OC bully him and actively makes fun of anything he does.*)

Btw it's not that extreme, as I do appreciate aspects of his character a lot and sympathize with him...but that's also precisely what I twist into the mean bullying stuff so.
F/GO makes me appreciate nuance more, to the degree where I just start making fun of everyone because it's my nature.

Anyways, I do share some aspects of Fujimaru, like appreciation of his kouhai. I love Mash. I will bash Goetia the next time I see him, with a frying pan the length of the Sun, for what he did last time. 
That one episode of "Fujimaru Ritsuka Wakaranai" pwned me so bad (in a good sense). I love Ritsuka and Mash, idk. OTP of F/GO. 
Also if you're curious, I do ship both "female" and "male" Ritsuka with Mash. I do not care.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 26, 2023 00:35:56  #9133

"Behind me you'll see the City of Danbury Sewer Plant, and we are going to rename it the John Oliver Memorial Sewer Plant. Why? Because it's full of [crap], just like you John."

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 26, 2023 00:44:22  #9134

My goal in life is to be like that one face smooshing manatee.
Alternatively, that seal who just spins around in the water all day.
Absolutely, positively ideal. 

I'm speaking spiritually btw. My goal is not to get locked up in the zoo. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 26, 2023 02:18:04  #9135

I need to stop waking up randomly because my mind remembers I didn't spell a word correctly in a post. I think this is a character flaw

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 26, 2023 02:18:34  #9136

Okay now time to listen to sad love songs I didn't know I knew for half an hour and not write like my mind is trying to make me do
Listen, we ain't making anything good anyways.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 26, 2023 02:21:33  #9137

I forgot to add that it's possible daytime me is feeling bad because of stress
Some sources of it include a certain bastard emailing their mom again pretending to be a decent human being (the pretending factor is what irks them) and also just general stuff, including some future stuff and some past stuff (very specific I know but I don't really wanna start going on an apathy rant,,, not that this doesn't count already)
Anyways I also wish I could blacklist this thread for you, I really do. But too many spoiler tags is kinda tacky,,, I'll figure out if I can't just start putting everything on a personal doc again. Sorry.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 26, 2023 02:41:17  #9138

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Which parameters?

-Galaxian-

Whichever ones they will present concerning the grading. Whether it be practicality, coolness, how professional it looks, drip, how much it fits their character, how ugly it is, originality, how hot/cute/handsome/attractive it makes the character, color, whatever, really.

I'm not exactly one of those people who's immersion is destroyed as soon as there's one minor impracticality in the media I am partaking. It's moreso as long as it fits with the tone given, I am fine with it. Exceptions included, of course.

Time

July 26, 2023 03:22:27  #9139

Time wrote:

Whichever ones they will present concerning the grading. Whether it be practicality, coolness, how professional it looks, drip, how much it fits their character, how ugly it is, originality, how hot/cute/handsome/attractive it makes the character, color, whatever, really.

I'm not exactly one of those people who's immersion is destroyed as soon as there's one minor impracticality in the media I am partaking. It's moreso as long as it fits with the tone given, I am fine with it. Exceptions included, of course.

I am delighted to inform you that the actual parameters are how stabby or existent the shoes are
Also the "how ugly it is" in that list gives the same vibes as "I can stab someone's eyes out" xD

So what scale would you use to rate and how would you rate feet (little to no shoes)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 29, 2023 01:14:00  #9140

Drew forum!Galaxian in a maid dress
I now feel singlehandedly responsible for this planet's impending doom. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 29, 2023 02:08:44  #9141

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I am delighted to inform you that the actual parameters are how stabby or existent the shoes are
Also the "how ugly it is" in that list gives the same vibes as "I can stab someone's eyes out" xD

So what scale would you use to rate and how would you rate feet (little to no shoes)

-Galaxian-

Nah. In my opinion "how ugly it is" does not translate to "I can stab someone's eyes out with this". Here's an example that Ash brought up last time we talked about shoes, Bayonetta. I know it's not "I can stab your eyes out with these" but they still fall in the same group of "I can severely harm someone with these shoes". Because she literally has guns on her shoes. But I wouldn't necessarily call her shoes ugly. They're just high heels with guns strapped on them, and they more or less go with her entire outfit.

How would I rate footwear when there's little to none at all?? Well, in a normal shoe tierlist, they go in their own area: No shoes/disqualified. If it was just purely barley any footware/no shoes, I'd first wonder why I'm doing this, but then I would, grade on whatever the perameters are placed. If it is just me grading default, I would say normally things associated with good hygine. Cleanliness, clipped toenails, etc.

However, an alternative way of looking at footware that I realize that I would natrually default to is how well the footware fits the character. Lets take barefoot/little to no footware as an example. No shoes are usually reserved for only but a few characters. Innocent characters, more etheral, wonderous characters, and characters who can fly/levitate (usually this type of character still carries a similarity to the previous two traits I stated tho). If the shoeware fits the character, that would be nice.

Last edited by Time (July 29, 2023 02:24:07)

Time

July 29, 2023 02:23:32  #9142

@Time - Awww you missed the reference xD clearly the more stabby the shoes are the cuter they are, it's just common sense.
Well here's a game version of Try to Identify the Character by Their Shoes (but Galaxian will cheat and try to look at anything but the shoes and fail anyways). If you're interested.
https://feet-go.blargel.com/

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 29, 2023 02:25:25  #9143

shoot I just updated my entire post

it's odd I'd never think I'd see a game like this.

Time

July 29, 2023 22:01:00  #9144

I feel like those are normal expectations tbh but idk xD

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 29, 2023 23:00:43  #9145

What are normal expecations?

Time

July 30, 2023 02:12:08  #9146

Time wrote:

What are normal expecations?

Think of the most absurd concept you can put a group of fictional characters into and 9/10 it's somehow canon. So basically the normal expectations are the most insane ideas ever

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Fictional Men <3
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

July 30, 2023 02:46:12  #9147

I am somewhat confused ngl xD but here is the Memorial Movie for F/GO 2023
I just had to share it lol. It's beautiful.
OG version (Japanese song): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L02aPFAhTCk
English version (song w/ English lyrics): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlj5Z3wWE_U

Major Servants featured: Saber (Artoria Pendragon), Archer (Arjuna), Lancer (Karna), Rider (Iskandar/Alexander the Great), Assassin (the First Hassan/the Old Man of the Mountain), Caster (Merlin), Berserker (Frankenstein's Monster/Fran), Ruler (Jeanne d'Arc & Qin Shi Huang Ying Zheng), Avenger (Jeanne d'Arc Alter), Shielder (Mash Kyrielight)

The conclusion is that someone has Ying Zheng bias. Or Jeanne bias. I mean there are two of them (Ruler Servants or Jeanne)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 30, 2023 16:16:01  #9148

Tbh the theme is beautiful and all but it's pretty ironic because Artoria (King Arthur) and Jeanne are probably like the more morally justified of all the heroes of the past, otherwise it's:
-Karna: Hero of Charity who definitely committed war crimes in the name of friendship
-Arjuna: might've committed war crimes idk I heard something about it for the Pandavas
-Iskandar: Literally the King of Conquest
-The First Hassan: Lawful Evil. Killed people
-Merlin: Has probably done jack(crap) for humanity outside of F/GO
-Fran: Terrorized a man until he died (150% justified, would help her)
-Qin Shi Huang: BURN THE BOOKS (and the people)
-Jeanne Alter: Angy

There's also an irony in most of these people being able to burn down swaths of the world or casually cause nuclear explosions. I mean, look, every time they're summoned there are a lot of "power accidents," idk how much them helping in nuclear wars would actually help they fight nukes with nukes because that's definitely how that works

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 31, 2023 02:17:56  #9149

I finally got one of the guessing things for Fujimaru Ritsuka Wakaranai xD (Episode 31)

I love Ryouma/Oryou/Izou lol they have such a vibe

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 31, 2023 02:20:25  #9150

@Echo - They have not forgotten your boy
well at least in this series, I can't speak for animation updates 'cause they clearly don't do those.

I'm really sad to see this series go, since it's so cute and funny. Riyo's stuff is funny too, but it's just so...depraved xDD. But y'know, it was really fun while it lasted. Plus I can rewatch it later too! I hope!
I'm glad it lasted 32 episodes. Honestly I thought there'd be like 10 max. And Changgong got a flashlight mention cameo so xD. I'm happy. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera