HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 22, 2023 00:21:48  #1141

Re: Time's Boardhost Homethread - Time's Boardhost Homethread

Well, maybe I'll talk about it later, because I'm thinking of this:

COLLEGE.

Still waiting on a few to trickle in, but I'm going to start having to consider the colleges I have applied to.

Of course, ranking is very important, but I always hear the fit is just as, if not moreso even important. Since of course a lot of it is what you do with your opportunities.

I'm trying to get a feel for the student life and culture for each one, especially ones that I haven't visited yet, and trying to see if it's a good fit for me. But at times I feels like I can't find much of anything. Besides "This place doesn't have much social life", "This one is completive", and "This one has a lot of social/party life"

Last edited by Time (March 22, 2023 00:22:16)

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

March 22, 2023 11:25:27  #1142

I don't have a dream college. I'd rather just get the results and see what I can work with.

Last edited by Time (March 22, 2023 11:25:46)

Time

March 22, 2023 11:26:20  #1143

I mean, there I colleges that I would rather go to over others, but idk if that necessarily is a dream college... is it?

Time

March 22, 2023 13:26:42  #1144

I think that's very interesting, from what I hear/see colleges in the USA are like little cities or condominiums. Is there a difference between colleges and universities, or are they interchangeable terms?
Whatever you decide to write about, I'll gladly read! It's very interesting to me to get more insight on how you think and what you enjoy, even though sometimes I don't reply haha. I'm glad you feel close enough to us to share things of your interest :D

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 22, 2023 20:11:44  #1145

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

I think that's very interesting, from what I hear/see colleges in the USA are like little cities or condominiums. Is there a difference between colleges and universities, or are they interchangeable terms?

As far as I know, colleges and universities are interchangeable.

Ah, as to what you are referring to, I think you're talking about "college towns." I'll use a few Californian colleges as examples bc they're the ones I'm most familiar with.

A large source of a college town's source of traffic/commerce/business/employment can come largely from the college stationed there. Meaning it can be a ghost town when school is out. An example of this is  Cal Poly SLO, which is settled in San Luis Obispo. The population of the town is 45,000, with about 19,000 of them being students. This doesn't mean that the college town can have it's own stuff though, it just means that the students play a big influence on the town.

For some bigger cities, such as Los Angeles, a college town might not be an actual town, but rather a neighborhood or district. For example, UCLA is stationed in Westwood, a neighborhood in LA.

Last edited by Time (March 22, 2023 20:17:56)

Time

March 22, 2023 20:18:54  #1146

Or that's at least my take on it. I may be wrong, or there may be conflicting opinions, of course.

Time

March 22, 2023 22:33:05  #1147

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

Whatever you decide to write about, I'll gladly read! It's very interesting to me to get more insight on how you think and what you enjoy, even though sometimes I don't reply haha. I'm glad you feel close enough to us to share things of your interest :D

Thanks. It means means a lot knowing this. Really.

Time

March 23, 2023 11:40:05  #1148

Like actually. I really don't know how to say it.

Time

March 25, 2023 02:54:20  #1149

Yah yah yah!

I NEED TO WRITE

Time

March 25, 2023 22:28:22  #1150

Anyways I figured I should write about things. Well, I'll just go down the list. So that means this topic is on: Video games!

I looked into this like, 2 weeks back, but:

Visual novels, right? Kinda an interesting medium, something between video games and just literally reading, and not too too popular in the video game world very often.

So... I read one. It's my first one  that I sat through. It was rather quite a small one compared to the others most people are familiar. It's called PARANORMASIGHT: The Seven Mysteries of Honjo. I thought the story was pretty good! I'll give a hook.

It's a mystery visual novel with a dark and spooky ambiance surrounding the supernatural. I won't consider it to be considered too much of horror. Yes the ambiance is spooky because of the supernatural and ghosts and stuff and there are a few jumpscares, but not too much horror for my opinion.

Think of this: There is a secret spell with the power to bring people back from the dead. People are on the hunt for it, but those with the strongest desires to revive someone are given a "curse stone," a supernatural device, imbued by a vengeful spirit. These stones can instantly kill a person, as long as the target fulfills the conditions.

So basically, stand battles, but every person's ability is that they can insta kill you if you fufill their curse stone's conditions, and all these people that can kill people instantly are also hunting for a spell that can resurrect the dead. So you need to be wary, as you don't know who's a curse bearer, who is not a bearer but still knows of the Rite of Resurrection, and who's just a normal unsuspecting innocent. Oh, and the stand users actually look like normal people lol.

I really enjoyed the music and the ambiance! The mystery and story was compelling too. I loved seeing all the threads tie together. I will say, that most of the stand battles happen in the first chapter, and then most of the story is mystery solving, but I still enjoyed it nonetheless. There are also a few meta-puzzles, which are nice.

I also will admit that the story is pretty linear, but I don't find that to usually be an issue. I do wish that some characters had a bigger role in the story, though.

I'm still looking for youtube videos or audio of the soundtrack though! I really liked it.

Time

March 27, 2023 01:47:02  #1151

Bro,  I wanna be active more!

Time

March 27, 2023 02:04:42  #1152

Reminder to respond to as many rp threads I'm in.

Time

March 27, 2023 02:04:57  #1153

Tomorrow

Time

March 27, 2023 02:05:38  #1154

As in I reply to posts trmw

Time

March 27, 2023 14:38:11  #1155

Ooooh that visual novel sounds interesting, but you say there's no youtube videos of it?
Is it set in a fantasy world or on earth?

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 27, 2023 16:24:36  #1156

It's in Tokyo during the 1960s(?), specificity Sumida City

Aside from a few playthroughs and the trailers, there's really nothing. But after recently checking, there's actually a 10 hr loop of just one of the songs lol

Last edited by Time (March 27, 2023 16:25:07)

Time

March 27, 2023 23:58:54  #1157

Also another topic: It's wisdom teeth time.

Time

March 28, 2023 07:06:41  #1158

Just one more question I had about Paranormasight. You mentioned there wer conditions to be filled for the curse stone, so what kind of conditions are they' Lol srry I just think it's a very interesting premise for a story and I'm curious.

Oh darn, wisdowm teeth. I hope I'm interpreting this correstly but I hope everything goes well :D

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 28, 2023 17:52:08  #1159

I am good rn. Now it's time for the aftershock for that teeth stuff.

No worries I enjoy talking about PARANORMASIGHT the questions are fun! All curse stones are based upon a supernatural story that has taken place within the neighborhood. Usually, in order to receive one as well, you have to be in the general vicinity of where the "paranormal event" happened. Such as by a specific bridge or street.

I'll get into early spoilers, of which I don't think are too major, as the story kinda the info I'm about to give as an introduction as well.

All curse stones require a condition specific to the the story they are linked to. For example, the Whispering Canal is the story of a canal that always whispers to any fishermen who leave from it, "Leave it behind..." The fishermen would feel weighed down in both heart and body. They could leave their catch behind, or attempt to leave with their catch, but no matter what, their catch would mysteriously vanish.

That is what most stories will give consensus on. Some versions say that those who try to leave with the catch are somehow dragged into the canal, never to return. The superstition is an actual real life thing often now as a tourist attraction.

Now, how does this story translate into a curse stone? The condition for the Whispering Canal is that if a person leaves the curse bearer behind. That means departing from the conversation, running away, anything like that. The method that the curse stone kills is how the actual person in the story died. Like, what really happened. Yes the Whispering canal is a superstitious tale, but what really happened (I presume this part to be made by the developers) is:

That there was a young girl, who had a loving father and mother. One day, her father disappeared. Her mother went out to find him, but she met the same fate. Anyone who helped the girl gradually vanished or stopped visiting her house. One day, she then traveled in the night to find her parents, but suddenly, she found herself standing in the canal she and her father always fished at. Multiple memories of her family crossed over her mind. Without thinking, she then walked deeper into the canal, and drowned herself.

Time

March 28, 2023 17:58:33  #1160

So with all that context out of the way, essentially, the Whispering Canal has the ability to kill anyone who tries to leave or "abandon" the curse bearer. It kills by drowning the target, and filling the target's body and lungs with water.

All curse stones have their own way of being activated, their own way of killing, their own superstition, and their own way their vengeful spirit came to be. Oh, and they all have their own little designs! They're all netsuke carvings.

What I think is pretty cool is that all of the stories for the curse stones are all interconnected one way or another, and makes a big mystery. And then on top of it, all their stories connect with the stories that are happening in the present of the game. And there are multiple stories/mysteriesof the present that all intertwine as well.

Time

March 28, 2023 21:04:21  #1161

Actually hold on, I think I found a cool but a bit outdated website concerning the seven mysteries irl: https://hyakumonogatari.com/2012/01/02/the-seven-wonders-of-honjo/#comment-88668

Time

March 30, 2023 16:56:26  #1162

I remember seeing a cafe with a collaboration with Honkai Impact 3rd and I thought of Marsh cause Marsh is the only person that I know that plays.

Time

April 1, 2023 11:49:44  #1163

Buranyuu~~

Time

April 1, 2023 18:06:36  #1164

I like how everyone's descriptor is "SUPREME Neco Arc Fan" except for Ishmael's which is still "old man"

Time

April 1, 2023 23:52:54  #1165

necoarcfantime wrote:

Aside from a few playthroughs and the trailers, there's really nothing. But after recently checking, there's actually a 10 hr loop of just one of the songs lol

nvm I came across a playthru that gives song credits! I found some recordings of the songs as well.

ZAMN what a collection of some nice music..

I think I forgot to mention this, but the art I think is nice too. Some sprites look a bit wacky. But I think the main cover art is cool.

Last edited by necoarcfantime (April 2, 2023 01:51:58)

Time

April 2, 2023 00:06:21  #1166

Telling you guys, good story. For the most part. Currently under most people's radars. Yep.

I wonder. Am I just technically reading?

edit: Actually, I'm still thinking on improvements. I do enjoy the game a lot, but there's a solid lot of things that could be improved. Yeah. Definitely.

Last edited by necoarcfantime (April 2, 2023 01:53:13)

Time

April 2, 2023 00:14:59  #1167

necoarcfantime wrote:

I like how everyone's descriptor is "SUPREME Neco Arc Fan" except for Ishmael's which is still "old man"

I got vaccinated against neco arc a long time ago

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

"Is my body really part of the earth, and is the soul just a metaphor?"

Season's grievings to us, one and all!

April 2, 2023 01:20:11  #1168

Wait there's a neco arc vaccine? Where??

Last edited by necoarcfantime (April 2, 2023 01:20:21)

Time

April 2, 2023 01:49:29  #1169

necoarcfanishmael wrote:

I got vaccinated against neco arc a long time ago

incorrect, the true reason is because we are stealing borrowing from your retirement fund

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

April 2, 2023 02:14:11  #1170

Ah darn, kids these days always expecting a handout from their elders 

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

"Is my body really part of the earth, and is the soul just a metaphor?"

Season's grievings to us, one and all!

Board footera