GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 13, 2022 14:18:44  #1411

Re: "Bonding at 3 A.M." ~ @Echo @Galaxian

I will have to review the entire portion of the chat thread dedicated to this to make sure I'm not missing anything. I'll get to @Echo eventually for that summarization. I do feel like a portion of this potential overcomplication is because I'm the one here who hasn't touched the source material.

I have a good idea of what housing my characters have. There wasn't much worldbuilding on the city on my part (I thought that you two would definitely have a better idea of the world/surroundings compared to me and thought that it wasn't too important to solidify anyways), but otherwise I remember there are dormitories in the school. I'm just not 100% sure who's living in them at the time being for class 42-A (other than at least one student in another class,,, lol).

To-do lists might be more personalized for every individual than a group thing, because there isn't much coordinated stuff going on. For instance, for me it's solidifying some backstories, making sure personalities are accurate considering context, and most of all, actually making up designs. Except I don't do anything for the most important priority 'cause I suck.
Oh, and to add onto that, you may notice that what I have to do is rather disconnected from your character designing process too, since our characters don't know each other pre-RP. Or else that would have been there. (e.g. HPA!Sunny maybe would have had some more connections to his sister clothing-wise and hairstyle-wise, but considering their backgrounds in this world their designs then become much more disconnected.)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

November 14, 2022 02:20:17  #1412

We more or less got the schedule worked out, but I'm too lazy to type it down now, so maybe another day. Just a note, as a heads-up.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 14, 2022 10:47:10  #1413

Got it. Thank you for that :D

I think we agreed that the place would have dorms. I don't mind if we're not completely canon-compliant as it's an AU that should be more suited to our roleplaying needs, not a fanfiction. 

Of course everyone has their own to-do lists, I was just wondering if there was something left for us to decide together. 

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ
pjytlñhfñksfjgnm dfmghkdhldk

November 14, 2022 23:10:09  #1414

Not posting it has bugged me the entire day, so here it is. I might have forgotten to include some specifying details though, so just ask if you're confused on anything. And that goes for both of you, since I probably forgot to add some during the chat with @Echo and just prioritized pressuring them to go with my ideas.
I constructed a block schedule, as planned. There are 2 blocks, Block 1 and Block 2, and they are as follows.

----

Block 1--
Homeroom (30 minutes), from 9:00 to 9:30
Language Arts (60 minutes), from 9:30 to 10:30
Self Study (60 minutes), from 10:30 to 11:30
Lunch (60 minutes), from 11:30 to 12:30
Choice Elective 1 (60 minutes), from 12:30 to 13:30
There is a 10-minute break here, from 13:30 to 13:40.
Science (60 minutes), from 13:40 to 14:40.
Cleanup lasts 20 minutes on this block, from 14:40 to 15:00.
Extracurriculars begin at 15:00 and end somewhere from 16:30 to 17:00. 

Block 2--
Homeroom (30 minutes), from 9:00 to 9:30
Social Studies (60 minutes), from 9:30 to 10:30
There is a 10-minute break here, lasting from 10:30 to 10:40.
Foreign Languages (60 minutes), a required elective, is from 10:40 to 11:40. 
Lunch (60 minutes), from 11:40 to 12:40
Math (60 minutes), from 12:40 to 13:40
Another 10-minute break commences, lasting from 13:40 to 13:50.
Choice Elective 2 (60 minutes), from 13:50 to 14:50
Cleanup lasts only 10 minutes and is from 14:50 to 15:00
Again, extracurriculars commence at 15:00 and likely lasts the same amount of time.

Overall: 
-Block 1 and 2 alternate days and, generally, weeks as well (in terms of what block starts off a week and the following one). Exceptions may be made for weeks with special events (school events or holidays), though the overall calendar is not particularly relevant in my view.
-Students arrive between 8:30 to 9:00
-The school day is 6 hours long, including all breaks in between, though not including extracurriculars
-All classes (core or elective) are each 60 minutes long.
-P.E. is likely optional and is a choice for Choice Elective 2.

The general idea is to allow students a good deal of autonomy and therefore us (as roleplayers) a good amount of roleplaying flexibility, but not to the point of the entire schedule being unscheduled. Again, certain portions of the day might be skipped to accommodate for content quantity at the moment.
By the way, here I am thanking a certain school administrator for actually having the ability to be productive and transferring it to me. Definitely couldn't have done 7-8 pages of planning within a day without his help and insight. All credits due. Yay.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 15, 2022 11:10:47  #1415

As a note, I made an error on Block 2's start time but have since fixed it, so if either of you saw that you weren't mistaken.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 15, 2022 16:52:22  #1416

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

As a note, I made an error on Block 2's start time but have since fixed it, so if either of you saw that you weren't mistaken.

-Galaxian-

Man you had the perfect chance to gaslight us and didn't do it, you're too wholesome XD

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

November 15, 2022 20:13:21  #1417

I'm going to immediately rebuke that assertion by saying that not gaslighting people is a very basic thing to do :D

But seriously, I think that's the first time I've been called "too wholesome." I think you might (probably) need more actually wholesome people in your life 'cause I do not fit the bill. At all. :')
And I do actually think it's a basic thing to do. I make mistakes all the time, so if I realize them in time, I might as well own up to them in advance. Lol.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 15, 2022 20:59:18  #1418

Wjbckqnfnamck I mean you're right but man you didn't have to call me out XD

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

November 15, 2022 21:01:26  #1419

"too wholesome" xD xP

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 18, 2022 22:45:23  #1420

The only thing that intrigues me about the schedule is the part that says Self Study. What does that entail?
Other than that I think the times will work nicely. Should probably put a direct link to it in out HPA thread in the Other section for easy access just in case. 

Okay uh, I'm just kinda xD that fixing an error would be seen as a gaslighting opportunity. I mean, yes, but also, what xD? It's ok to fix mistakes, it's completely normal, and it's not necessary to mention it so no worries. I hadn't thoroughly checked the post when I saw it for the first time so I didn't notice anything. Thank you for setting it right anyways haha.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

November 18, 2022 23:03:24  #1421

I'm not too sure if the word is actually right as a term, but it mostly just means students can use that time to study on their own, ask for help from teachers, etc. But for HPA specifically they could use that time to do talent-related things.
I just remembered that American schools would probably call it "Study Hall." I was just dumb and translated directly from Chinese's 自学. Obviously, just the usual from me.

I happened to recall some past experiences where a certain individual would pretend it was impossible for them to make mistakes and blame it on literally anyone else, if that explains anything on my behalf. It's somewhat surprising how toxic individuals can make anything toxic and influence your own actions even as just a memory.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 18, 2022 23:18:47  #1422

Okay, I think I get it from that description. Thank you for the clarification, but I will say I had never heard of "Study Hall" either. It's fun to learn new things through roleplay development lol.

Of course that can happen. I guess I didn't say this clearly, but my comment was supposed to mean that between friends (at least us three), things like that shouldn't happen. Rest assured that it's the case with me at least. Sorry for not being clearer :').

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

November 18, 2022 23:58:15  #1423

Sure thing. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 27, 2023 10:12:46  #1424

I must have been very tired yesterday because when I woke up today my first thought was "OH NO I MISSED YESTERDAY'S CHAT SESSION" and I ran to my laptop to apologize and then "Oh wait we actually did talk a lot lol" and yeah funny thing xD

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

March 28, 2023 00:59:42  #1425

Lol that must be what happens when you go to sleep late or something.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 1, 2023 02:29:37  #1426

I am reading the F/DA AU btw roasting you both so much later >:3

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

April 1, 2023 13:25:11  #1427

I am In Fear

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

April 2, 2023 02:42:38  #1428

Meanwhile I am resigned

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 2, 2023 22:51:05  #1429

Yes but don't you feel at least a little bit of dread?

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

April 3, 2023 00:54:29  #1430

Honestly? I am fresh out of hecks and dread for these two weeks, bring on the roasting my guy @Echo

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 4, 2023 02:42:46  #1431

Reading Sollux look for signs/in general descriptions of the area and all I can think of are perception rolls in DnD lmao XD

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

April 4, 2023 23:05:03  #1432

Tbh yeah kind of xD

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ