HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 14, 2023 01:25:27  #211

Re: [@Specter] Nagesh and Laurie are heading for the meeting...

"That's right, pretty much." 
Looks like that was another one of his understatements--one of those "half-truths" that he allows himself to say. This time, however, he pauses to take a breath (or something of the sort) and specifies, "I know that there are a lot of unknowns, but I think that it's like this because it--whatever this is--was caused by my past actions or experiences, before I pulled your existences into this world. While I still don't know what happened in the past, that doesn't change the fact that the issue should be my responsibility instead of yours. I said in the past that this 'second chance' belongs to you all, not to me. That still is the case." He furrows his brows. "What I mean to convey is--having to involve you in this problem, whatever it might be, would be contradictory and selfish of me. It's something that I don't want to consider." 
Dropping the sudden bravado that he put up there, he ends by muttering, "So yeah. I hope that helps."
...it might not.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

February 15, 2023 17:56:17  #212

It does not, as showed by Laurie not making any move of understanding. Usually, she would nod or say a word, perhaps even ask a question to clarify something, but this time she turned her head to look at the others present one by one. She wanted to see if there was a reaction to Galaxian's most recent words. It wouldn't do to focus only on her own thoughts. 

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

February 16, 2023 02:02:44  #213

(His anxiety is getting to me lol)

"I assume your own amnesia prevents you from telling us more, in addition to other considerations," Chiyoko says carefully, to which he nods obediently, probably just grateful for any summarization of whatever he's spouting.
Or he would've, if not for the fact that Manai lets out a big uncharacteristic sigh. 
"I get it now," she says, after which she briefly twirls her right hand around as if to demonstrate something. She nocks an eyebrow.
"So basically, you think that the solution involves fighting."
The god's right eye turns black. 
The Alternate was expecting some reaction--like a perplexed look, or one of his cute expressions with a rounded mouth--but not this. She springs to her feet, her hands held uncertainly by her sides as if she's not sure what to do with them. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 17, 2023 18:32:09  #214

Laurie's right hand immediately clenched into a fist as soon as she noticed the eye color change. She'd take that as nonverbal confirmation. Though perhaps Galaxian hadn't meant to show it on purpose, it had certainly caused a reaction, at least in two members of the present group. The thoughts in Laurie's mind were about to run free to think about possibilities, but she tried hard to keep them in check.
Of course deities would have enemies. It was only natural Galaxian never mentioned anything about that before, he didn't want to worry anyone.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 2, 2023 01:54:26  #215

Nagesh shifts as soon as Manai moves, but otherwise he offers no further reaction bodily movement-wise. "Steady there," he states placidly, somehow successfully conveying that he's talking to both the deity and the girl. He pauses as if to make sure his words actually match with reality.
They do. Other than the iris color change, Galaxian remains motionless for the most part, only turning his head slightly upon Manai's reaction. Manai, for her part, is accustomed to casualness; she lets out a small exhale and places her hand back onto her seat, though her person remains standing.
"...I think I should stop pressing this," she reasons. 
"I agree. Perhaps we should give Galaxian some time to further sort out his circumstances, whatever they may be." Nagesh speaks out again, with Chiyoko's nod, however faint, indicating that she seconds his words. "Besides, I'm sure that worrying anyone was his last intention." He gives a little smile. "Though I suppose that is what led to this meeting in the first place."
"If it is proper, I will assume that we may proceed onwards into the final phase of this meeting. Once again, is that alright with everyone? And please, feel free to voice any concerns if you truly have them."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 10, 2023 22:21:48  #216

Laurie kept turning her mind back to the current setting again and again, still holding her thoughts like a dogwalker tries to keep a dog from running after a squirrel on the street. Solutions hadn't been asked for, extra possibilities had been ruled out, and Nagesh had just said that it was best to wait. So then, her mind should not be running free at this time.
She breathed in deeply with a slow blink. Then, she nodded as a reply to the prompt about proceeding.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 11, 2023 02:10:48  #217

"I don't have anything," Chiyoko states. As for Manai, she uses her stillness to indicate her agreement with Chiyoko. She settles back into her seat, looking rather unstressed despite it all.
Nagesh gives Laurie a look of some kind. There somehow seems to be something within it, but whatever that something is, it doesn't seem to be an emotion. It isn't a message either, for that matter. Regardless of what he intended or did not intend to convey, it's a very brief movement--brief enough to be called a mere affirmation on hers--and he proceeds. As usual, he holds a faint hint of a smile, distant as if he holds it a breath away but close enough that it is somehow always there. "You have the floor, Chiyoko."
"Thank you." She holds her gaze with Galaxian's for a moment before also proceeding. "The following matter again relates to your consent. Specifically, we have been pondering the possibility of increasing the Alternate's numbers, although only marginally." 
Now that's his cue. "I've been considering adding someone else to the group. I don't know if they'd stay at the base or not, but as usual, I'd like to make sure we're all on the same page. At least kind of." He smiles a bit, like the thought is somehow funny to him. 
"Their circumstances are weird, so I'm not sure how one would classify them. But the gist is that they were originally separate existences with someone else. I think the term is 'twins.'"
"Twins are fun," Manai comments. "I heard they have a special kind of empathy that others don't. Are they identical? Or do you think they'd prefer to share that themselves?"
"I'm not sure, to be honest." He kind of laughs at that again, maybe because the answer should be obvious yet isn't. "They feel like they are...but also they don't. It doesn't make much sense to me either."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 16, 2023 15:54:00  #218

And the conversation had moved on. She'd do well to focus on the present as well.
Laurie acknowledged Nagesh's gesture with a quick flick before turning back her full attention to the speaker again.
New Alternate? Twins? Her face shifted to a thinking expression as she lowered her head slightly. To answer the questions that Manai had asked, it would be necessary to ask or observe the twins in person. Plus, they'd probably bring a chance for new experiences. Maybe they would even want to spend time with her. Yes, it sounded like a good idea. As long as it was something the mentioned twins would be okay with. Not that Laurie had seen any of the Alternate complain about their current lives, and she herself was content with things as they were.
Positive thoughts made their way into a slight smile, nonverbal confirmation that Laurie looked forward to the idea of adding the twins to the group.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 23, 2023 01:20:01  #219

"Somehow that makes sense to me, but I don't know if it should." Manai laughs. "Maybe it's by experience."
Galaxian cocks an eyebrow. "That second part kind of sounds like something one of them would say."
"Is it?" She looks a bit happy at that. "Maybe I have a head start for getting to know them then."
Nagesh looks at Chiyoko and Laurie and gives a little grin. "Let's team up and bombard them with questions before Chinami has the chance," he suggests wryly. "We shall see about that head start then."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 24, 2023 11:01:11  #220

Laurie nodded almost solemnly at Nagesh's words, having caught on that he was joking.
"So she won't scare them away."

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 25, 2023 02:09:25  #221

"Yeah, because I'm the scariest one here," Manai retorts, a bright grin on her face. "Compared to you all, who look like you could arm wrestle me to the ground with one hand."
It takes Galaxian a moment to get that one, but when he does, he starts giggling. "With your hands."
Since the others are keeping the jokes up, Chiyoko's busy doing some self-reflecting, or maybe some sleeve reflecting. You see, her hands are actually covered by her clothing. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 29, 2023 20:16:01  #222

A soft, breathy laugh escaped Laurie's lips.
That felt good. It was as if the lighthearted atmosphere had made its way into her heart and mingled with her own joy until it couldn't be held inside anymore.
Or maybe she was orverthinking the situation. Whatever the case, she enjoyed the feeling. But she had no more funny words to add in reply to the most recent ones.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 30, 2023 01:32:47  #223

"Hey, I'm talking to you too, mister," Manai says to Galaxian. "You and your deceivingly little arms."
"That specification was entirely unnecessary," he retorts, furrowing his brows, though he grins so Manai can move on.
"And you too, Laurie," she goes on to specify. "Don't think about things like...I don't know. Starting an arm wrestling club on my watch. You can ask our new friend all the questions you'd like, but starting a club is overdoing it. And I will know."
"So what shall you do then in that case?" Chiyoko asks, sounding genuinely curious, but her little smile gives her intentions away. "Surely you cannot prevent something that has already happened?"
Nagesh looks at Laurie and Galaxian and mouths something. It might have been "take notes," but his pronunciation isn't always the best, so it's possible that it's instead read as "make emotes" or something of the sort instead. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 30, 2023 16:41:25  #224

"Don't worry about such a thing. I wouldn't be the one to propose the idea," she replied, shaking her head in amusement.
After that, Laurie shifted her attention to what Nagesh was trying to say. What did he mean, "bake boats"? How was that related to the current topic? And how, pray tell, is one even supposed to bake a boat? Wouldn't it just burn all the wood?
Her eyes squinted into a frown of confusion.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 31, 2023 02:36:25  #225

Manai tries putting on a suspicious look to give to both Chiyoko and Laurie, though again her face doesn't seem to be made for expressions like that, so she be looking a lil goofy. "Why do you ask?" she questions the former.
"Mere curiosity," the woman answers, with a completely impassive expression.
Galaxian's expression is totally blank now, though whether it's because he lacks the capability for taking notes or also did not comprehend what Nagesh was trying to say is up for questioning.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 31, 2023 11:16:01  #226

Laurie is still puzzling over the meaning of "bake boats". She could ask Nagesh, but given that he didn't say anything out loud, he probably wanted to be subtle. No asking out loud in that case.
Any thoughts Laurie might have had were replaced by the mental image of a model boat spinning over a fire, going up in flames as it was slowly roasted for dinner. Perhaps it would taste better with some pepper, salt, and potatoes.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

April 1, 2023 01:59:19  #227

(Honestly this is the perfect context for when Rei arrives, just Laurie roasting a whole hecking canoe and Galaxian helping her by making wood edible)

Nagesh, unfortunately, seems to interpret both Laurie and Galaxian's expressions as being notetaking expressions. R.I.P. So he just continues to spectate the conversation.
Or at least he tries to, since Manai says to her and Galaxian and Nagesh, "You three are being really quiet all of a sudden. Is there some kind of telepathy going on between you guys?"
In all honesty, this is just about as anti-telepathy as you can get, Chinami-san.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 4, 2023 23:55:39  #228

Laurie blinked after hearing Manai speak. The image of the roasted and baked boat vanished from her mind, being replaced by the sight of the room she was in with the others.
She didn't get everything Manai said, having only tuned in after the word "telepathy". Her eyes remained slightly more open than normal, an sort of indicator that she had been startled, perhaps.

Last edited by SpecterTheGreat (April 4, 2023 23:55:50)

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 9, 2023 01:26:58  #229

"No," Galaxian responds with an ill-timed blink, especially since Nagesh just blinked along with him. Come to think of it, Nagesh rarely blinks. It's as if the action is voluntary rather than involuntary for him. 
Luckily for the (actually innocent) group, Manai believes them and moves on, just like that. Maybe it's because she believes easily...or she read Laurie's expression right. Regardless, she says, "I don't have any other concerns, then."
"Well then, I will be looking forward to the shen-a-ni-gans that--ahem." Chiyoko purses her lips to hide a grin after piecing out the word, covering her mouth with her sleeve for good measure. "Ah, I meant the newcomers' arrival, of course. I too have no objections."
"If any of you have something you'd like to communicate to them, like questions or something, I can convey that," Galaxian says after a careful look around. He's still smiling, but it seems like there's something else in his expression too. Anxiety? Worry? Regardless of what it is, at least he's not trying to hide it. "And of course if no one really has any objections, then I think we'll be done with the meeting." He shoots a quick glance towards Nagesh and Chiyoko to confirm with them, receiving a faint nod from the former.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 11, 2023 22:40:30  #230

((Wait does this mean the three of them blinked at the same time lol))

Her attention went to Chiyoko as the current speaker. What she said was probably shared in a joking way. Laurie herself had nothing negative to say either, and she certainly wouldn't mind a 'little mischief'. Everything in the place followed some semblance of order anyway so it would not be a problem.

"I would like them to feel welcome. Maybe find out something they like, for a sort of small gift," Laurie said with a glance towards Manai after speaking to see her reaction to the idea. 

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 11, 2023 23:02:41  #231

(Yes :D)

Funnily enough, Chiyoko wasn't really joking. Oh no.
"That's a great idea!" exclaims the other, almost immediately. She typically responds to others like their words are wired directly to her brain. "But how do we find out what they like before they actually come? Should we go with a surefire option or...?"
Funnily enough, she's unconsciously honing back on Galaxian while she's speaking, probably assuming that he'll answer because he knows more about Rei than the rest of them, but he really isn't saying anything at all. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 12, 2023 12:04:36  #232

"Something anyone would like?"
That sounded like a good idea. Except she wasn't sure what that something could be. Although Laurie's mind went to golden hairpins first, she knew that not everyone would be thrilled to receive that as a gift. Plus, not everyone had a use for that. They might even melt the gift for the gold and that would defeat the purpose of the gift in the first place.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 12, 2023 20:17:09  #233

"Yeah! Or maybe most people," she quickly corrects. "I don't know. What would that be?"
"Maybe food," suggests Galaxian, who is definitely forgetting something important when it comes to the newcomers and ability to eat. "People seem to like food."
"I like food," Manai agrees as a representative of "people." "But I don't know what kind of food they'd like beyond, you know, 'food.' Do you have other ideas, Laurie?" 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 12, 2023 20:39:21  #234

"I was thinking of jewelry," she said, not sounding very confident in her words in contrast to how she usually spoke. "But I wouldn't know if they have a specific taste, or if they would even like to wear it. Decorations don't have many practical uses."

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 12, 2023 20:56:39  #235

"Oh, jewelry's for wearing," Galaxian mutters to himself.
Nagesh is just smiling through all this, quite uncannily in fact. Who knows what's going through his head.
"Maybe we could make it customizable," Manai suggests. "So they could draw on it themselves or something like that. Make it meaningful for themselves?"
Funnily enough, she also doesn't sound as confident, probably because she's talking about jewelry like it's paper.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 12, 2023 21:20:42  #236

"I suppose so...? Aren't there other things that are customizable as well? If so, then maybe those would be a better pick than jewelry."

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 12, 2023 23:04:36  #237

"Gingerbread house," she offers, unfiltered.
"They do seem like they'd like gingerbread," Galaxian semi-agrees.
"It smells nice," Chiyoko comments. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 12, 2023 23:43:09  #238

"Would it be customizable? What size would be best?"
Laurie thought back to a row of gingerbread houses she'd seen on display somewhere in a shop. She'd never tasted the gingerbread itself, but it looked and smelled appetizing. Her only concern right now was the size of the possible gift. Too small, and it might seem like an insult, but make it too large and it could feel ridiculous. 
Actually... a whole house made of gingerbread wouldn't be so bad, would it? Laurie's thoughts briefly wandered to a children's story she'd read recently. Something about a life-size gingerbread house and two children. 

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

May 13, 2023 00:16:38  #239

"I think it would be, but I dunno about the size. What do you guys think?" Manai uses her hands to mimic the size of the gingerbread house as she says, "Big? Small? Medium? Teeny-tiny?"
Chiyoko shakes her head. "I can only see that as being a matter of preference."
"Big," suggests Galaxian. "Super big."
Nagesh, being too practical to guess at what someone might like, doesn't suggest anything. He does seem to be amply amused by Galaxian's suggestion, though.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 13, 2023 22:46:34  #240

"...super big," Laurie echoed absentmindedly. If Galaxian suggested it, then it surely was a good idea. It didn't feel ridiculous as it had a few seconds ago.
Now, where to get something like that? The decorations could be added later. 

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

Board footera