HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 14, 2023 15:52:35  #1591

Re: Spec's Thread of Character and Idea Rambles

I Meant to elaborate more on that message but I had to do things. Hm.

Germaine's character is literally the ENFJ type. All the strong beliefes thing and the trying to help people and wanting to do what's right despite opposition is so her. And she'll stop at nothing for that even if others don't appreciate it all the time. I think it's really cool that her character reflects so much on her personality type. I love her so much.

On another hand, Dion fits with most of the things that appeared on the description for INTJ, but I wouldn't say he's that much of a perfect fit for his type as the previous example because he just does the things in his own way. Experiences do shape a person, I guess. Anyways that's fun. According to some things I've seen around they say that INTJ is one of the most emotional Thinker types. 
I don't know how much I can compare my representations of original characters with true personality types since sometimes I go OOC and all that, but I had fun doing the tests.

Last edited by SpecterTheGreat (March 14, 2023 15:53:08)

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 15, 2023 12:28:23  #1592

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

Alright guys! I'll let you know when I'm ready to continue the thread, then. I think it'd be helpful for myself if I write some personal guidelines for how I want it to go instead of relying on my memory lol 💀 bc I have a track record of forgetting my ideas.
I really was pleased with everyone's participation (or lack of it. I didn't really mind lol) so I hope that when I continue the narration it'll be fun for all involved. 

Regarding this, I wanted to let y'all know if you're reading this that while I figured things out and I'm ready to continue, there's a private thread I'm doing rn and I want to let it progress a bit more before unarchiving and jumping back into my public thread. I was putting off this post bc of that but I think it's fair to give a heads up.
I'm so scared lol I fear the thread won't be interesting/immersive enough for what I wanted. I'm always scared of making my threads seem too one-sided but I guess it can't be helped. Here's to hoping that it's at least interesting to read and I'm not throwing exposition or lacking information.
(Roleplay narration, so hard ughfgjfhgjdhgldf but I love it)

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 16, 2023 12:57:33  #1593

I'm looking at a drawing of Amande and her wings are so small, I can almost hear a voice chanting in my head "chicken wings, chicken wings" and I'm not sure what to do with this thought

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 16, 2023 14:33:17  #1594

Fried Amande Wings

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

March 16, 2023 15:02:21  #1595

My first impulse at reading that was to almost yell NO in horror but after 2 seconds I thought that it'd be kinda funny to draw her with American-style baked chicken wings instead of her usual feathered wings on her back

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 16, 2023 23:31:14  #1596

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

My first impulse at reading that was to almost yell NO in horror but after 2 seconds I thought that it'd be kinda funny to draw her with American-style baked chicken wings instead of her usual feathered wings on her back

DRAW IT DRAW IT DRAW IT

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

March 17, 2023 03:06:31  #1597

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

Regarding this, I wanted to let y'all know if you're reading this that while I figured things out and I'm ready to continue, there's a private thread I'm doing rn and I want to let it progress a bit more before unarchiving and jumping back into my public thread. I was putting off this post bc of that but I think it's fair to give a heads up.
I'm so scared lol I fear the thread won't be interesting/immersive enough for what I wanted. I'm always scared of making my threads seem too one-sided but I guess it can't be helped. Here's to hoping that it's at least interesting to read and I'm not throwing exposition or lacking information.
(Roleplay narration, so hard ughfgjfhgjdhgldf but I love it)

Hey don't worry about it too much, I'm sure that the thread will do just fine.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

March 17, 2023 11:35:54  #1598

@Echo
We'll see what I can do xD

@Time
Thanks for the confindence haha. As long as it's entertaining for y'all I'll be pleased... I think.

~
On a separate topic, rn I'm longingly looking at Marsh's thread... if I had finished Absinthe's form by now she'd be the perfect character to use there. Actually she'd be wonderful for other future Modern Sect thret settings.
Anyways I'm debating between using Kewl or Amande for that thread. 

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 17, 2023 22:44:54  #1599

I swear I keep forgetting Kewl is like 6' tall and when the fact rushes back to my mind I have to stop for a moment because of the shock of that realization

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 18, 2023 03:44:39  #1600

Just realized in the current private thread that Heaven is the youngest one of the Clocktower characters there lol
Ig I'm counting Yvonne too but she hasn't showed up (yet)

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 18, 2023 03:50:58  #1601

I mean unless Heaven also has some sort of longevity for some reason but last I remember she's a normal human mage.
I'm always wondering more about her and her background y'know? She's mysterious to me xD

There was another thought I was going to add here but I got distracted and forgot 💀

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 18, 2023 05:13:12  #1602

I remember not so long ago I told a friend about Germaine's backstory and they were shocked because they thought she had a happy life with no problems whatsoever and that's the reason she was so nice.
Lol well the notion my friends had that my characters have normal/peaceful backstories has since been ripped to shreds.
But returning to Germaine, I think it's really neat that her kind character doesn't come only from how she was raised, but also from the point that she tries really hard to overcome the adversity of her curse and live a life going forwrad instead of dwelling on the past. While she does help others because it's the correct thing to do and it's what she feels she has/wants to do, by doing that she also helps herself ease the trouble of her immortality curse. I can't imagine being immortal without having a life purpose.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 18, 2023 21:57:16  #1603

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

I mean unless Heaven also has some sort of longevity for some reason but last I remember she's a normal human mage.
I'm always wondering more about her and her background y'know? She's mysterious to me xD

There was another thought I was going to add here but I got distracted and forgot 💀

You made me just realize that lol. Young compared to everyone else, but still bosses them around.

But yes I too wonder about her background. Hmmmm... 🤔🤔🤔

Time

March 20, 2023 14:08:04  #1604

I guess she's a more mature person than the others haha, cause from what I remember she's one of Time's most trusted mages.
Yvonne is just a librarian, anddd I'm not very sure about Lianhuan and Jenny's roles in the Clocktower, but it doesn't seem like they're very focused on earning more "rank" so to say.

Yes hm I wonder. I hope in the future we can see something :3

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 23, 2023 17:14:40  #1605

Finally, here’s the status list for my GGaD characters. Feel free to refer to this or ask any questions about this, as I made it not only as a reference for myself but to any others who might want to interact or do something with my characters. I put in like two or three characters I’ll be submitting soon too. If you see I forgot a character, let me know and I’ll add them in.
I added alphabetical order and a little color coding to make it easier to pinpoint status without reading the descriptions, so here’s the code.

Green: Available for interactions with anyone.
Yellow: Special status or rp-locked by plot/circumstances, but active or with the potential to be active in the roleplay.
Red: Undergoing “maintenance” or rp-locked by other users, characters who currently can’t be/aren’t active in the roleplay.

Absinthe – Definitely will be available when I submit her form. Although she is planned for a plot that’s coming soon, that shouldn’t hinder her interactions. Free for both modern and medieval sect settings.
Adèle – Available, but in a very limited number of interactions. She rarely leaves her forest and has specific ways of interacting with others. Medieval sect only.
Aereon – Available for Thaohal plot-related threads. Any other threads would need some sort of planning or purpose for her to appear there, but it’s not impossible. Medieval sect only.
Alessia – She needs repurposing because I had originally planned something for her, but I reconsidered. Hopefully should be in the green category once I figure things out. She’s a very similar character to Absinthe and Kewl, so I want to give her something special to make her stand out. She’s medieval sect only.
Allen – RP-locked for the time being, he’s back at Dalia’s domain and I need to sort out that plot before he goes around interacting with others. Medieval sect only.
Amande – Even though she’s planned for a thing (hehe public thread), she should remain available for interactions in modern or medieval sects.
Amar – He was planned for a thing which is undergoing maintenance, so not available for now. He has something to do with two of my other characters, so a bunch of things depend on Amar to work.
Andrea – I trashed the thing I had in mind for him but I don’t want to delete the character, so he’s unavailable.
Bixbite/Shatter – Will be active in a hopefully not too far away future, so I leave this in yellow. I’m counting them in one of my active deity slots so there’s that. I’ve got some things in mind going towards a decorruption plot, so if that interests you please lmk.
Caedey – Very much rp-locked as she resides in Cherry’s phone and she’s Chan’s character, so, not available for anything as of now.
Cheetah – I mean, she’s technically available, but she has special circumstances and is probably paired up with one of Galaxian’s characters (the Mamba), so I don’t recommend an interaction with her.
Daitan – RP-locked, part of a group that is currently inactive. They’re a pretty cool character but I haven’t figured out how I want to use them, since they’re very attached to her group. I would have to think on how to repurpose them and that’s not in my priority list atm.
Dalia – Similar circumstances to Allen above except she actually has freedom. Also, her plot is undergoing maintenance, I guess, cause I still have to figure out certain things.  I wouldn’t recommend an interaction with her unless you’re a deity. Medieval sect only.
Daniel – Very closely related to Silverskies, so, inactive.
Dilanne Available for medieval sect threads! Can go with any of the active characters in Blu’s Crew, but can also work well by herself.
Dion – Because he’s paired up with Rai (GalaxE’s character), I’m hesitant to use Dion in other threads. He also doesn’t have much reason to go out and yeah. Currently haven’t planned for threads other than the ones with Rai and co.
Elin – His plot was put on hold, so he’s not available for now.
Elisha – Heavily needs maintenance. She had a purpose to fulfill when I first started out in GGaD, but she quickly lost that purpose when I forgot about her. She needs a new purpose, and I still haven’t thought of anything. She’s related to Bixbite, and medieval sect only.
Emmot – He’s part of a plot, and I’m doubting how I want to use him because my characterization of him has been inconsistent all these years. I’ll figure that out but for now he’s on hold, reserved for my own use in my own threads.
Ferin – Available, though I’d want to find a new purpose for him. Modern/medieval sect only.
Franz – Was paired up with Ichirou (Fallon’s character) for a specific thing, but I can repurpose it for him to work by himself. He’s related to my character Kyle and so they’re both in the waiting list until I figure out what to do next. Medieval sect only.
Germaine Available for modern and medieval sect threads!
Ichi – Cyber/Modern sect only. But also, not available, because she has no purpose at the moment. And revamping her isn’t in my priorities.
Imposter -
Javier – Needs a new purpose, so I won’t be using him again for a while.
Jun – He’s paired up with Azlyn (Fallon’s character) and she’s been inactive, so there’s that. He can’t be roleplayed by himself for the time being, and I don’t feel like thinking up a new purpose for Jun right now.
Kandy Available for modern/medieval sect threads! Needs a new purpose but is otherwise a free character.
Kenneth – This guy needs a new purpose and plot, but I hope to have him available once I figure this out. I like his new design.
Kewl Available for modern/medieval sect threads! I have to figure out a certain something about them, but meanwhile they’re a totally free character.
Kradly – Paired up with Lumi (Echo’s character) and I don’t know very well where the twins are in the roleplay, so he’s on hold for the time being. Modern/medieval sect only.
Kyle – Part of a specific plot with my character Franz and Ichirou (Fallon’s character) but this is on hold for the moment, so he’s not available yet. I have to figure out something relating to one of my other characters and Kyle should be good to go then ;).
Laurie – Technically available, but I’m hesitant to use her in threads that don’t involve anyone from the Alternate (group of characters that belong to GalaxE). She’d be happy to make new friends though. Hmu for this and I’ll consider it. Available for modern/medieval sect threads.
Marie-Corinne – She’s dead lol. Can only be active in a specific set of past threads and AUs.
Martin - Available for Thaohal plot-related threads. Any other threads would need some sort of planning or purpose for him to appear there, but it’s not impossible. Medieval sect only.
Mirabella – Was staying with Silverskies, but given her inactivity I don’t know what to do with her. Needs a new purpose.
Natalio – Happily married with Vivienne and thus out of the roleplay! They had a happy ending :D and if I ever want to use Natalio in the rp again, I’ll have tothink about it.
Pollo – Is/was related to the Fireon crew, but they’re not in the roleplay anymore iirc so he’s a free character. I must figure out what to do with him going forward but he’s available for interactions. Medieval sect only.
Rhys – Yeah no we don’t talk about this guy. Made him on impulse, so he needs a huge revamp.
Shye - RP-locked, part of a group that is currently inactive. Although she’s very attached to her group, I feel that using her again would be easier than using Daitan again. I would have to think on how to repurpose her and that’s not in my priority list atm.
Sollux – Technically available for modern and medieval sect threads, but why would you want to interact with her? Jokes aside, she’s a sort of niche character.
Specter – Inactive but also not. Their plot is on hold, but they partially live on as Kewl while a “Specter” exists out there for some reason as well. Won’t be seeing this dude except in specific cases.
The Jewels Iolite, Sapphire, and Topaz, a set of three characters that are inactive because they’re related to Bixbite and that is on hold for the moment. They should have a new purpose once I figure that out.
Wanda – Needs a new purpose, but she should be a free character once I figure it out.
Xaphan – I teased her a couple years ago and should be sending her form in soon, but for now I see her as a plot-exclusive character, and I have something planned for her. Eventually though, if someone wants to befriend her, or if she gets involved in something else, I have no problems with that. Modern and medieval sect exclusive.
Youri – Available for modern and medieval sect threads!
Yvonne – She’s limited to Clocktower-related threads, but free for interaction with anyone there or if anyone gets her out. Has a plot coming soon.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 23, 2023 17:49:44  #1606

Taking out the seriousness of the above post by saying that the colors remind me of an assortment of bell peppers or chili peppers xD

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 27, 2023 17:09:58  #1607

That's it, I'm not going to call the list "GGaD character status list" but "bell pepper list"

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 27, 2023 17:10:31  #1608

On another note I have a meme ready for when the private thread for Yvonne progresses :3

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 27, 2023 17:18:02  #1609

I was looking at old sketches for reference and huh Kewl's current design has changed when compared to their current one.
Mostly their hair that got stylized haha. But there's also the slight artist style change to factor in. I think Kewl's one of my few characters that dress in very urban style, or at least I want them to be. Sometimes I wonder about giving them ripped pants.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 30, 2023 13:19:13  #1610

Yesterday I was thinking abt the topic of how raising children is difficult and then I thought, it must be even harder to raise children who have like magic or powers or things like that.
Like, how do you care for a child who can fly or teleport or idk even more powerful abilities

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 30, 2023 15:50:11  #1611

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

That's it, I'm not going to call the list "GGaD character status list" but "bell pepper list"

Mmm bell pepper

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

March 30, 2023 23:21:51  #1612

It'd be funny if bell peppers made ringing bell sounds when you shake them lol

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 31, 2023 02:17:45  #1613

That's a lotta characters. Look at that. That's quite helpful. Really.

But why are bell peppers called bell peppers??

Time

March 31, 2023 04:54:54  #1614

Shape, probably

Last edited by Echo (March 31, 2023 04:55:13)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

March 31, 2023 09:17:17  #1615

Gotta agree on that lol

Also, yeah, the list was a reference for myself too! I sometimes forget the whereabouts or status of the characters I don't use so much, so, it's useful.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 31, 2023 19:51:12  #1616

It's been a while since I said I might show a sketch of my upcmoing character, so, here.

She's missing a few lil details I haven't yet decided on

Last edited by SpecterTheGreat (March 31, 2023 19:51:45)

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

April 3, 2023 16:49:28  #1617

I'm ready to continue with Amande's thread. Once I catch up with the rest of I'm threads, I'll post over there too.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

April 4, 2023 20:52:43  #1618

The sudden urge to draw Amande in a suit and Amande with long hair

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

April 4, 2023 23:11:47  #1619

Mmmmm I can picture her with long hair except I normally draw her with straight hair and I think it should be wavy instead
Maybe I can try both

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

April 5, 2023 00:56:31  #1620

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

Mmmmm I can picture her with long hair except I normally draw her with straight hair and I think it should be wavy instead

Mmmmm spaghetti hair, it will pair well with the chicken broth

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

Board footera