HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 28, 2023 13:36:21  #1

time for the Horrors

so i mentioned this in my screaming thread, but i figured i should put it here.

The general gist is that Dust is going to kidnap a few people it either dislikes or doesn't care about, and put them into Shadow Hell; where its will defines the world. I wish to know who would be willing to get which characters put through the Horrors.

Things I should note: There will be body horror, characters may die but Dust doesn't want the hungry abyss to eat flesh so it will revive them through some method or another, and the created falsehoods of a world will shift around and mimic real places in Forengard as Dust wants them to.

Also Ark and most combatant deities are banned from experiencing the horrors, as Dust will not take anybody that could actually threaten it in the sole place where it can be felled. Talk to me if you'd like an exception, and clarify why they wouldn't be percieved as a threat by Dust.

I would like a list of what I shouldn't do to the characters sacrificed to the angst, and this part is optional but I'd enjoy ideas for what could help make the characters suffer during their stay at Shadow Hell.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAaaaaand i've reverted. Yay! there was too much sand in my lungs, anyways.
I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.
refer to me in the same manner the french refer to flesh.

okay that's all i'm going to cast divine skeleton bone blast now

January 28, 2023 20:39:44  #2

Re: time for the Horrors

I'm interested. All my deities are combatants, as well as most of my mortal characters too. My noncombatant mortal characters are relatively minor and I haven't used them as much either, so it could be good development. But they're all also vaguely related to the Clocktower, and would be easily noticed if they were gone though, which might suck.

But nonetheless, I'd be very interested in seeing how this plot develops!

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

January 29, 2023 23:30:16  #3

combatant mortals are fine, it's the gods that dust would be worried about. especially smart ones like time, since i reckon he'd be able to figure out the trick to killing dust faster than anybody else has(which is never, as no characters have ever realized that's where you can actually hit it; despite one touching it)

I am made of Ash and Bones and a little bit of meat. I can also be called Draki but I am not made of draco yet.

January 30, 2023 02:30:02  #4

Only if irl Time was smart enough to even remotely represent ggad Time's intelligence lol

But I think I have a few characters in mind now. Both would be recognized pretty quickly if they were gone tho. Only request is they can make an escape at some point so I can use that angst to good use.

Time

January 30, 2023 02:46:15  #5

Tempted to put Lumi through this just so I can figure out how to write him and his own actions and stuff lmao

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

January 30, 2023 03:17:25  #6

I'll volunteer Figura if only because he technically has no flesh to consume unless the void is very thirsty and I'd like to shape him up separate from Felix

good angst potential all around honestly, he was buds with Ishmael and Dust killed the guy and it's also partially responsible for Felix's displacement

I don't know who else I've got available... Orphos maaaaaybe, but everyone else is either off doing their own thing or is a 12 year old 

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

"Is my body really part of the earth, and is the soul just a metaphor?"

Season's grievings to us, one and all!

January 30, 2023 12:19:10  #7

Time wrote:

Only request is they can make an escape at some point so I can use that angst to good use.

it is impossible to escape, but dust gets bored of people quickly and it doesn't have reason to keep people in shadow hell for longer than like a few days max, and that's assuming it's very very fun to torment them. most likely is that they'll be suffering in a surrealist nightmare for a few hours before dust hands them the receipt and kicks them out

January 30, 2023 12:33:03  #8

Ishmael wrote:

I'll volunteer Figura if only because he technically has no flesh to consume unless the void is very thirsty and I'd like to shape him up separate from Felix

good angst potential all around honestly, he was buds with Ishmael and Dust killed the guy and it's also partially responsible for Felix's displacement

I don't know who else I've got available... Orphos maaaaaybe, but everyone else is either off doing their own thing or is a 12 year old 

enough with the water horse, to hell with ye.

i think it'd be funny for orphos to go through because technically he sorta made shadow hell become a place, because he gave it the mask and shadow hell mostly occured after dust devoured ash's soul

January 30, 2023 16:57:53  #9

Time wrote:

Only if irl Time was smart enough to even remotely represent ggad Time's intelligence lol

mood

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

January 30, 2023 17:46:03  #10

also, if ggad time is sent in for whatever reason, i can dm info that he might notice, such as how wrong something would feel or what is shown in the deepest darkness.

January 30, 2023 17:46:39  #11

same goes for any characters that're sent in a group that would notice something others in the group would not

January 31, 2023 03:21:30  #12

I was contemplating either sending in Neer or Lydia. Both don't really have many connections or development as characters since I don't use them as often, so I'd think it would be fun. Probably leaning moreso on sending in Neer.

But that's smart, using DMs to give extra hidden detail. That's cool. I like that I think I'll think about using that more

Time

January 31, 2023 10:02:51  #13

if Ggad time gets yeeted so is Chronos, I want to use her more and have her do something

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

January 31, 2023 11:31:32  #14

so which characters are confirmed to be thrown in?

just figura and neer, and the rest are maybes?

January 31, 2023 19:38:45  #15

Basket Cat wrote:

if Ggad time gets yeeted so is Chronos, I want to use her more and have her do something

And if Chronos is thrown in Time is going in after her

Time

February 1, 2023 01:32:32  #16

i think it's somewhat important to note that not everybody is going to be experiencing shadow hell together. there'll be a few private threads, and at the end(when i run out of ideas or we think the characters in the thread have suffered enough) of each they get kicked out of shadow hell. they're not going to be stuck in eternal torment, unless it'd be fun to wait for a later time to release them.

February 1, 2023 22:55:26  #17

Oh yeah, I assume the place is quite big.

Time

February 3, 2023 00:01:42  #18

bumping this primarily because i want to confirm character's spots in the horrors, as well as desiring suggestions on what dust would do to them and if anything i could think of for tormenting would be icky no good for the person/people who have to read it for the thread to occur

February 3, 2023 12:32:46  #19

I am cool with Neer going in. I currently don't have any special spooky things yet,  but I'll think of a few.

Time

February 3, 2023 12:33:38  #20

Also ofc I'd have Time if Chronos is going in but we'll see

You know this would have made a great halloween plot

Time

Board footera