GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 31, 2022 22:36:50  #8641

Re: Cosmic Dim. (V. XVIII), You're Correct but You're Not Right

I'm here to make an official inactivity notice because...well, where do I start.
I guess the first thing is that, to no one's surprise, my mentality isn't in a great place right now for various reasons. Real-life priorities, the awful summation of my family's arrogance coupled with whatever China has decided to do with its COVID-19 policy...yep.
Thank the gods my mom got up early, or the entire family would have been drinking isopropyl alcohol to prevent spread of the virus. That's all I'm gonna say to illustrate that.
In any case, I guess my point is that there's a side of me that I don't want to keep showing to you guys. So it's better if I stay off.
Second, but arguably more important, I lost my ability to access here. I'm currently on my old device--y'know, the device I started my forums journey on but has since been reduced to mandatory Internet Explorer and potato status. Yep. That one. But otherwise I can't access the forums. (In case you're wondering, I can login to Discord because the app stays on my mom's phone without updates.)

This past half month/few weeks (I dunno how long) have been pretty torturous, for me to stay off here and all. So I can still say with confidence that I can't fathom the notion of leaving permanently.
However! I do want to note that the upcoming year is a major transitional one for me, and I'm not too sure how well I'll handle it. I guess as usual, please wish me good luck if you can afford it, and stay safe. I wish you all luck in whatever you are pursuing.

In the meantime, I'll be logging in to Discord every day to claim my dailies (lol) and maybe trying my best to stay up-to-date with roleplay threads when I can use my old device (read: when its battery decides to charge). But if my presence is getting in the way of a public thread being active, please leave me behind, and I'll catch up later. As usual, I apologize for any bad decisions made on my behalf and any inconvenience caused as a result. And a huge welcome back to anyone returning; it's great to see you.
As for the long term--I look forward to things evening out so I can share weird stuff with you all as usual.
I think this is it? I've never been good at inactivity notices, and you know for a fact I'll probably somehow be less inactive after posting this. But thanks for reading (or skimming) to the end of this. Happy New Year's Eve, and Happy New Year's. And see you around.

-Galaxian-

Edit: I wanted to add that without complications, the next theme change will have to be during February instead of January. It's technically not much work, but I can't navigate the site as is, so I can't change the theme. Sorry about that.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

December 31, 2022 23:02:38  #8642

Dude no worries. Remember what we say: irl stuff is very important. If you want to talk or for me to just listen, my doors are always open. No apologies needed.

I wish things will be able to turn up for you soon.

And happy new years as well!

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

January 1, 2023 02:37:42  #8643

Hope you and yours stay safe Galaxian, and I hope everything goes well for you!!

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

"Is my body really part of the earth, and is the soul just a metaphor?"

Season's grievings to us, one and all!

January 6, 2023 04:26:21  #8644

Thanks, guys. I'm trying to hold off the excessive complaints here, but I can't guarantee I'll be able to hold it up, so thank you for the offer in advance @Time. Enjoy the rest of your breaks too, and stay safe.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 6, 2023 11:56:03  #8645

good luck with all the things galaxian

life sucks sometimes

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

January 13, 2023 03:12:53  #8646

Thanks, Axel. I hope you're doing well too. Good luck with what you're doing!

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 14, 2023 02:19:25  #8647

Hey y'all,
Sorry for having to send this sort of message again. I'm spoiler-tagging it just in case, but the essence is that I'm intentionally ending my inactivity for a rather serious IRL reason (somewhat selfish and unrealistic as well lol), and if something happens to me, then please do read it. It's unlikely, but you know me--better safe than sorry.

Basically...my mom and I for sure got followed home today by a guy. We can't really file a police report on him, and of course we're home safely now. But I'm really concerned because...well, let me know if you need me to explain that.
But a big part of my worry is that because I'm online now, there is pretty much no one who can keep tabs on me being alive and all that. Like at in-person school maybe a few days of not showing up would raise red flags, but right now, my classes have a week between them, and usually it's longer before a notice is sent. I don't even know if my school can help do welfare checks.
In any case, even though I know this is unrealistic, I'm really just sending this not actually hoping that you guys will have to take this huge burden of a responsibility, but just for my own comfort. I want to know that there are people who will know when something seems off about me, and I trust you guys the most when it comes to that. Even though you're my online friends, and couldn't really do as much if something horrible were to happen to me, I at least want to know that someone will know that something's off, if that makes sense.

The following "plan" is very vague, because it's not very realistic (and, again, is mostly for my self-comfort). But here are its two parts:
1. "Ending my inactivity" means that not only will I login to Discord every day, I will login to here and post at least one post (in any category). It's basically just my "I'm alive" thing. Not really too important, but the next thing is a bit more relevant.
2. I think I'll put a red-flag period as being three days. If I don't login to here (or Discord) for three days straight, then something happened to me. In that case--please give an anonymous tip to the police. Let the Colorado police know that a kid who attends a virtual school and their mom might be missing. And most importantly, please let them know that the kid wrote down some events on 01/13/23 that might be connected to their current status. The document is on their Google Drive (their personal email that they didn't share here) and might be important.
I know how vague this is. As concerned as I am, I can't share all my info with you guys. Can't dox myself lol.

That leads to some things that I do want to reiterate again. One, I am not the type of person to joke about this. I know how much it hurt people when past forumers messed around with topics like these, and I assure you that I would never do something as horrible as that. Two, of course, this is out of paranoia. It's a very big "what if." And I'll be very careful. But the fact that the past year has been so dangerous for my mom and me when we're outside of our home and inside of it is fueling my worries. I'm not even talking about the person with knives at the bus stop. I'm talking about people who have tried to break into our house, worsening crime in our local area that had a very personal impact, and this incident. I know I will probably be fine, but to be perfectly honest, I can't convince myself that wholly as of right now.

I'll try my very best to not even let 2 days go between my login days. If 2 days do pass, I lost internet access and will go to the library specifically to login, but hopefully that doesn't happen because I just really don't want to go outside right now unless I need to. Period.
This post remains active until I say it doesn't--also known as when-I-can-move-away-from-this-place. Until then, if I do have to take long periods of breaks, I will designate those periods clearly and post as soon as they end (while logging into Discord). 
I think that's about it? I wonder how unclear all this actually is. No matter what, I do want to thank you guys again, for dealing with this kind of stuff. I hope I don't stress you guys out and that all of us can be safe and sound. But in any case, please be safe. And I'll see you around (more frequently than usual as of late).

-Galaxian Explosion-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 14, 2023 10:33:08  #8648

This will sound extremely stupid and vague as a response but seriously, if you need to talk I'll listen. Pretty sure all of us would. I can understand why you'd be kind of freaking out and paranoid and I think I speak for everyone here when I say that I hope you and your mom can get out of whatever dangerous situation you're in as soon as possible.

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

January 15, 2023 16:25:01  #8649

Thanks, Eliza. Don't worry about sounding trite or anything like that. It's more than sufficient.

----

This past week has really been the weirdest combo of meeting the best and worst people (: Quarter 3 really is in a league of its own (this is a slight correlation joke lol)
Also I'm logging in from the library so...the IP address is recorded here too or something lol idk

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 15, 2023 17:41:50  #8650

I understand the plan, but it appears to be very very vague to me.

Also, do you think you should look to transferring your admin/mod abilities or anything of the sort to someone else to run the place while the storm passes?

Time

January 16, 2023 00:57:58  #8651

Yeah, I recognize that. 'Cause if 3 days pass, logically I probably would be dead, so really it's just me wanting some peace of mind or something. Idk.

:eyes: Is that a thinly veiled power grab that I see? 
Okay, but in seriousness, the answer is technically no. Getting more active (even if by necessity) here causes the opposite effect of what you're implying. As in, I'm able to see and do more than I usually do. Plus this is a really chill place (please no jinx @jinx gods), so it's not really any work.
I'll give you mod position, though! Honestly it's long overdue, I just keep forgetting. Enjoy the power, mortal (:

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 16, 2023 09:45:43  #8652

oh no Time has power

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

January 16, 2023 16:47:47  #8653

Dude,  I really wish I could send a virtual hug but just words will have to do. I really, really hope things stay safe and be sure I'm glad you can count on us for anything. We all wish you the best and on my part I can back up what Eliza said.
<3

Congrations on the promotion, @Time!

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ
pjytlñhfñksfjgnm dfmghkdhldk

January 16, 2023 16:48:09  #8654

surprise thinly veiled power grab who could have saw it coming.

Though I'm serious with the plan. I know its a plan for a peace of mind, but it's literally nothing to go off of.

Time

January 17, 2023 00:54:54  #8655

@Eliza - oh noes indeed
@Specter - Thanks!
@Time - "Literally nothing" is a bit harsh in my view. I haven't been very good at concealing certain personal info with you guys, so that's there. But you do understand how I can't narrow down my location beyond state (though I've made it pretty clear that I'm closer to Denver than the mountains, and I live in the suburbs). And unfortunately, I can't give my name here either, even though Home Base allows that too for some reason.
That said, I'm very willing to take suggestions. What would you suggest so that the plan isn't "literally nothing to go off of"? It's entirely possible that I just have a fixed mindset at the moment. I could describe the situation and the person more but, as I mentioned, that wouldn't really be helpful for the plan per se.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 17, 2023 01:08:55  #8656

Wait, I did just think of something.
Let me think about it for about 2 days, and I'll get back to you guys. Not sure if it's a horrible idea right now.
Thanks for the patience, but suggestions in the meantime are still highly welcomed.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 17, 2023 07:46:29  #8657

Sharing personal information online is a sensitive issue so be sure to give it enough thought. Even with trust the internet is still the internet and sharing info in a place that many people can see is, well, I understand the hesitation. I think the google document is a good enough plan for the time being but if you think there's something better then by all means go ahead. Just don't rush it. If it gives you peace of mind and you consider it safe, then sure thing.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

January 17, 2023 08:38:08  #8658

Do whatever you're most comfortable with. We'll all be here when you've figured it all out, and once you feel fully safe.

Last edited by ThreePunchAxel (January 17, 2023 08:40:08)

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

January 17, 2023 09:43:41  #8659

Hear, hear ^^

January 19, 2023 02:02:48  #8660

Two days later (kind of), I feel like adding it would actually make me feel worse than it would make me feel better. I'll keep it in mind, though.
Thank you all for the concern and good wishes. It means a lot to me, especially with what you have going on in your own lives. You could have easily ignored this (since really it is paranoia and doesn't make much sense, if it does at all), but you didn't. So, thank you.

Hopefully I'll be talking about lighter topics in the coming posts! But as usual it's probably spammy and super annoying, so I apologize for that xD. Lemme see if I can spice up the variety a bit despite being very boring.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 19, 2023 02:17:48  #8661

Starting off with the only thing I could remember. The past month (or maybe longer) has basically just been me forgetting stuff I wanted to say here, with only a bit of annoyance 'cause I know it would've been entirely irrelevant anyways.

Anyhow, it's an F/GO update! And donghua/manhua update, kinda. Really just stuff I find fun to spam on. Lol.
To round up 2022, I got Karna (Lancer). For context, I just really like him and I dunno why. He's not even too likeable in Apocrypha and I just favorited him for no reason. Anyhow! While his Christmas event was going on, I was headcanoning for him and Rai in some random Holy Grail War because them being super compatible popped into my mind, and honestly I found it fun to summon for him while thinking that "if he comes then he approves of the headcanon." And he came! I only had a few singles I could give on his banner, and he came after I shouted "KARNNNAAAA" so xD. It was heartwarming and funny in a weird way.
In context, a few other high-rarity Servants also came. First was Berserker Lancelot, who I surprisingly don't have the embers for (I haven't been doing much ember farming and used the ones before on Nightingale lol). So he's at level 34 or something-four. Then after Karna came Astolfo, who...really likes me for some reason? Now they're NP 3 lol. And last but not least, Parvati came. I find it funny how I have Bradamante and Valkyrie too, but hey, I like her interactions with Ashwatthama, so she's nice to have in that sense at least.(I have so many Lancers and Riders...the meme continues xD.)
For the Christmas event, I grailed Santa Karna to level 100. So that's my second level 100 Saber...no bias here whatsoever xD. But anyways, Lancer Karna will be my next level 100 once I have enough grails. I think I need 4 or 3 more, but I'm not too sure. Skill farming is the real challenge lol, I'm so darn lazy.
And for New Year's, I somehow got Muramasa??? Idk lol. He's fun to use, I think. He does pair well with Changgong, even though farming-wise his NP level might cause issues. The thing with him is,

Lostbelt 5 has shown him massacring Servants, but I also summoned for him knowing that he and Castoria have some sort of relationship. So, I really hope I won't regret having him in my Chaldea...but who knows lol.

I also got Valkyrie, who I initially got the last New Year's. So now they're my New Year's spook Servant. xD
Story-wise, I'm on the fifth lostbelt, part 2. Not much to say there, 'cause I forgot most of my reactions. But in general, outside of ember farming and casual story stuff, I'm gonna do some summons for Avenger Ushi just 'cause I like Ushi. Lobo did spook me a while back, so idk if I'll get her. But really, having gotten Karna, I'm just satisfied xD. So it's not the end of the world or anything close to that if she doesn't come. I'm not that prepared for her banner, anyways. (I'm rarely ever prepared and I never get Servants when I am xD recklessness and impulse are very much promoted by this game :-P) And for me, 2023 is actually relatively chill as a gacha year, as I've mentioned. So yeah! Just here to have fun and waste time lol.

Donghua-wise, I have no idea when Huyao Xiao Hongniang's next season is coming out with all the COVID-19 stuff going on there. But I don't mind waiting. 
And for other donghua...well, CYXY3000H might never come out, so I don't have any hopes for that. And HYXHN's live-action remake will probably be fun to roast.
The manhua is awesome! Every manhua author I've seen has gotten COVID, so that's not too fun...but they've all lived! Which is great. Life is good!
I obsess over Bai Yuechu and Susu and look forward to Rongrong's appearances...what else can I say, lol.

Overall, times are more chill than before in terms of commitments, so that's great. I hope to keep it that way.
Yay! Galaxian still can't write very well, as you probably have already been able to tell. But I hope to draw more (even if on scratch paper), and I especially need to write more. Like holy heck am I bad at it.
How to conclude a post? Hey, Google--

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 19, 2023 02:23:16  #8662

For other things:
-Chinese New Year is just around the corner! Yay! Food!
-I keep forgetting F/GO characters/pairs that I want to draw (along with RP/AU stuff) and it drives me crazy) but :') what can I do lol? It disappears before I even realize the thought is there. I write down what I can but usually I don't have much. Big bummer for me.
-Ironically I forgot the last thing I was gonna say here LOL, have a good time ig xD 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 20, 2023 03:10:34  #8663

Random thought:
What if by his wish for "all people to become beautiful," Lanling Wang is not talking about physical beauty but rather inner beauty?
This could be entirely wrong (seeing as how he refers to the inconvenience of having to wear a mask all the time), but this is because (spoilers)

It's made pretty clear that he sees Yu Mei-ren as being beautiful with how she lives and how expressive she is, while he more or less rejects being judged by his looks. So, is it possible that by everyone becoming "beautiful," there would no longer be any envy towards him for his appearance (something he cannot control), and everyone would be admirable in his eyes?
Just a thought. (Definitely not related to all the themes I swirl around in my mind related to him lol.)

----

I feel like I never exited my Lanling Wang phase, but I sure wish I wouldn't have done the description thing with Xuqiao :') please little Galaxian, I know how much you like Gao Changgong but couldn't you have put this in the personality rather than in symbolism for his appearance ((((':
Also Ambryll is attractive what the heck, what is up with my OCs I described as "okay looking" just going around and making me shove my own face into the ground

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 21, 2023 01:24:51  #8664

I made dumplings :0
Well technically all I did was shape them but :D

Happy Chinese New Year! (it's technically just. Lunar New Year. But this sounds more fun to me and idk why.)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 21, 2023 21:13:17  #8665

DUMPLINGS :00000

January 21, 2023 21:23:38  #8666

Happy festivities to you Galaxian! The theme looks amazing, I love the colors hehe

Dumplings are sooo good

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

January 22, 2023 01:50:03  #8667

新年快乐!And thanks for the positive feedback on the theme; I was worried for this one especially that I went colorblind but either that isn't the case or you guys are too nice to let me know lol
Let me know if you wanna see a picture of the dumplings (raw not cooked) too lol, it might ruin the idea you have of my dumpling shaping skills but hey. When have I been good at that stuff xD

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 22, 2023 01:52:09  #8668

That being said, the best part of New Year festivities is always the calls with family. I love their focus on my appearance as well as their plotting to con large sums of money from me in the future. Really gives me inspiration for character development :D

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 24, 2023 02:06:10  #8669

4 A.M. is such a wacky time, like my mind wakes me up to give me ideas for GGaD!Galaxian's design that I will not remember when I actually wake up but spontaneously also starts fighting with Wiley for no reason

Also if you were wondering, I had a marginally better thing to talk about here but forgot it before I logged in (: amazing

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 24, 2023 09:53:10  #8670

have you ever heard of writing down ideas

I'm just saying

Board footera