GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 14, 2022 22:54:07  #181

Re: [@Specter] Nagesh and Laurie are heading for the meeting...

Chiyoko leans the tablet in the other's direction, keeping her gaze on the tablet as if expecting it to unexpectedly fly off. It seems to stay still this time, however. 

The prompt reads the internet connection name, as mentioned before, along with a button with the text "Display prompt" and a little flower emoji to the side. That definitely wasn't there before.   

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

November 15, 2022 04:21:12  #182

Laurie received the device with both hands. Electronic devices seemed so fragile sometimes, and better safe than sorry anyways. She thanked Chiyoko before settling her grasp to see the screen well.

The name seemed to be alright, so what was left was onky to try the password. Laurie gingerly touched the display button wih the tip of her index finger and inmediately retracted it.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ
pjytlñhfñksfjgnm dfmghkdhldk

November 15, 2022 10:58:49  #183

Manai is blessed with the cursed thought of Laurie's action being like a cat with a spool of string and visibly smiles from it.

As for what is actually happening, Laurie probably doesn't see Chinami's little grin since her view of the "real" world slowly fades into an emptier space. A good point of comparison would be a VR game, except that one's attempted actions in the real space seem to be faded away for the most part. And, well, the space is rather 2-D, too, probably in an attempt to minimize disjointedness.
There's a flat cutting board shape in the space, as promised.
Time to imagine some corn! And not whatever Nagesh conjured up.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 18, 2022 22:54:17  #184

Very well, it seemed the button had worked correctly. Laurie blinked at the change in scenery. Her attention focused on the cutting board.
Right. The corn password.
If Chiyoko had done it, then she could do it as well. Laurie's mind pictured a beautiful, sleek corn whose kernels seemed to be flat for some reason. Also, a kitchen knife to cut it. Y'know, just in case it wasn't automatically provided.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

November 21, 2022 18:40:36  #185

A little prompt pops up when she tries to imagine the knife: 
"I forgot to add that instead of the knife, you can imagine the cutting lines instead. You know how those school worksheets have dashed lines to indicate where to cut? Like that. Let me know if you'd prefer it the other way! ~Manai"
The corn pops up as soon as it's imagined, though. Really nice corn.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 24, 2022 17:16:30  #186

Understood.
Laurie's sight (mind's eye?) focused on the corn, picturing two slices that would cut it into roughly equal thirds.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

November 24, 2022 19:44:00  #187

Dashed lines appear where she's imagining them, slowly moving as if to indicate impending action.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 24, 2022 20:05:06  #188

Since they were as perfect as Laurie wanted them to be, she next imagined the corn being cut along the lines.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

November 24, 2022 20:15:57  #189

The lines slow their movement to a standstill, and the corn is divided cleanly along the designated boundaries. There's a little cartoony firework effect to the side as this is done.
Similar to the prior entrance effect, Laurie finds her sight shifting back to the real world, where Manai is somehow still grinning at her, anticipation in her eyes for any commentary or feedback.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 26, 2022 23:45:21  #190

After a second of blinking repeatedly to readjust her vision of the real world, Laurie smiled, pleased with herself. She had successfully completed the password's puzzle! To be honest, it had not been a hard feat and she was aware of that, but it was still a source of satisfaction.

"I believe there won't be any issues with the password. It is straightforward and the guiding prompt will clear up any mistakes one might make."

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

November 27, 2022 19:52:26  #191

"Good to hear!" She smiles and clasps her hands together briefly. "I'll need to adjust the prompting later, like how many incorrect attempts are permitted and the initial instructions, but I'm glad it works nicely! Thanks, Laurie!"
She seems really happy about this, but then again, she really does get excited about most anything.
Nagesh is thinking back about previous points mentioned in the meeting. He seems to have somehow guessed that Chiyoko will have him try it out later, which is impressive seeing as she hasn't changed anything about her demeanor, posture, or really anything that would indicate her thoughts. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 5, 2022 12:30:28  #192

"No problem," she replied as she went back to her seat. "It was an interesting experience. Will we have to enter the password every time we want to access the internet, or is it a one-time thing for everyone?"

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

December 5, 2022 16:02:48  #193

"I'll set a good time interval for putting it in again occasionally," she responds, looking thoughtful. "Maybe a month or a few. Just so we don't forget it. Oh, and for security purposes, of course," she adds at the end, though it doesn't sound too convincing coming from her.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 5, 2022 21:36:13  #194

Laurie nodded from her place. "I see."
She'd trust Manai's judgement. Plus, it had been a good chance to learn about wi-fi security! The corn password would not leave Laurie's mind for a long time.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

December 6, 2022 13:59:23  #195

"Thanks for all your work on this new feature," Nagesh says, smiling at the others. "Because now that I think about it, we actually covered most of the points brought up in the meeting. Surprising, hm? It really did end up centering around the internet."
Galaxian nods, like he thinks he can get away from the meeting without doing what he promised to do a little while back. Nagesh temporarily lets him continue to think that. 
"I think formally speaking, there's really just one more thing to cover from Chiyoko and me. Though, if you come up with anything at any point, just let me know, and you can have the floor."
"I don't have anything. Oh, I guess other than saying that if you want to explore something and need a friend to accompany you, you can ask me, or anyone else!" Manai chirps enthusiastically. "I'm always up to seeing new things."
Galaxian looks around a bit to see if anyone else has something to bring up, but he seemingly doesn't have anything either. Same goes for Chiyoko.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 11, 2022 08:30:07  #196

"I... have a small request to make." Laurie raised a hand at the prompt, almost hesitantly.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

December 11, 2022 16:11:06  #197

"Of course." Nagesh nods towards her with a smile.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 19, 2022 14:11:10  #198

(Sorry bruh my post didn't send)

"Earlier in the meeting, we briefly discussed the matter of... my attempt at making soup." Laurie took a deep breath after her last word. "I want to learn the art of cooking, so I would like to know if anyone is willing to volunteer for taste-testing. Or teaching me recipes and kitchen techniques. That would be fine as well. I'm aware I am not a good cook, I won't blame anyone for not accepting the request."

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

December 31, 2022 22:19:53  #199

"I see. Your request sounds reasonable," Nagesh responds. "I'm sure we can figure out something right now." He looks at the others. "What do you all say?"
Manai's already grinning. "I'm always up to trying what you make, Laurie!" she exclaims encouragingly. "I think you're probably going too hard on yourself. It's probably not even bad at all. I'd love to be a taste tester, maybe even learning aside you too."
"I am also willing to be a taste tester," Chiyoko says with careful consideration. She might be taking this too seriously. "If you will have me, that is. I am aware I am not available often, but I will try my best to be helpful. Though, I'm afraid I don't know much about food preparation."
"I can find some books and videos that might be helpful," Galaxian offers. Looks like he finally caught up to the chain of conversation, though it seems this group is the only one where he'll be cognizant of his tendency to interject. He smiles. "Let me know if you need any recommendations outside of what this place can conjure."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 17, 2023 18:38:38  #200

One of Laurie's hands went towards the spot over her heart at the same time a light smile spread on her lips. Her request had been met with such kindness. She'd have to repay it one way or another in the following days.
"Thank you for the offers. I hope that, with time, I will be able to prepare something that is worthy of sharing and not just experimental." 
Well, that was it for her part. There was not much else to say since she'd already voiced her thanks. Laurie's pleased expression remained.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

January 18, 2023 02:05:49  #201

"No problem," Manai says as if chorusing for the others. 
Nagesh keeps his grin up, but he seems to read the room and know that it's time to change the topic. So, as if on cue, he clasps his hands together and casts his gaze in a certain deity's direction.
"Well then, I believe it is time to address the elephant in the room. Would you prefer a slight change of environment before taking the proverbial microphone, Galaxian?"
The deity in question slightly grimaces. It looks like he shouldn't have relied on Nagesh forgetting. In fact, perhaps that was the least logical choice anyone in his shoes could have made. In any case, he briefly weighs the other's words before closing his eyes and then nodding briefly.
"I think I'd prefer that," he says, re-opening his eyes. The closing, after all, was only for a brief instant. That said, he rises onto his feet and stands stiffly, as if taking a stance he's unaccustomed to.
"Permission to alter the settings slightly?" he asks.
The question seems to be directed towards everyone.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 18, 2023 07:21:05  #202

A brief glance was directed towards the others present before Laurie nodded at the question. She clasped her hands together in her lap. 

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

January 19, 2023 01:58:25  #203

Manai smiles as her response. She's usually okay with anything.
"Permission granted," Chiyoko states. Nagesh makes a slight gesture towards her direction to indicate his agreement.
The deity closes his eyes again, presumably so he can focus better. Then, almost immediately, the surroundings shift. The chairs leaning against the walls remain; however, the color of the wall grows darker, with thin, interlacing silver lines glowing faintly across the space. 
"The setting change wasn't strictly needed, but it's a precaution," Galaxian resumes. Upon re-opening his eyes, the scarlet one seems to have turned silver. Despite its startling luster, the deity himself seems somewhat flustered.
"First, I'd like to apologize. Despite what I said earlier--um, it was really imprudent of me--I fully believe in each and every one of you. As the so-called divinity over loyalty and life, I can at least guarantee that.
As I implied. This is just a precaution. Because what I am going to say can be used against me. I want to make sure that this information won't exit the boundaries I can manage."
"A loyalty bound?" Chiyoko inquires, which is met by a nod.
"Exactly."
He squares his shoulders again and grimaces slightly. Though it's not unusual to see him in a darker mood than usual, it's rare that this sort of mood manifests itself, in front of others of others no less. But he eventually does seem to round up his words.
"It's basically just one thing. I'm losing my authority over my domain. So...I'm not really too fine. That's the lie from that moment, obviously." 
Nagesh and Chiyoko look a lot less surprised than Manai does. With her eyes even wider than usual, she looks kind of like someone threw a dripping-wet towel on her face. Ever the person to show her feelings on her face, huh. Maybe she's just the type of person who thinks of smaller problems before the bigger ones.
"In the grand scheme, it really doesn't mean much," he continues, seemingly trying to round up something. Perhaps his composure? Or what he would have said if he had decided to say all of this himself? Who could tell. "It's not like I'm about to lose my deityhood. Oh, I guess that wouldn't mean much for me. But in terms of what it does mean...I was thinking of doing two things."
He pauses. This time, it looks to be more intentional.
"Before I keep going with that, do you have any questions on this front?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 26, 2023 20:55:46  #204

Laurie glanced around when the area transformed. Thankfully, everything felt safe. She proceeded to straighten up further in her seat and give Galaxian her full focus, avoiding personal thoughts while listening to the information. It was better to not distort the facts of an important annoucement with her opinions until everything had been said. But then, there was the pause, and her thoughts came back to the front of her mind.
She never knew much about deities and much less about how domains and divinity worked. Even then, Laurie could tell the tone of the little deity was serious. And added to that, the fact that he was "not fine". Maybe there would be a way to help? Help with what exactly? To know that, more information would be needed.
For the time being, Laurie remained silent and unmoving in her seat. The only thing that changed was the slight frown of concern that appeared on her face.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

January 27, 2023 02:13:14  #205

Nagesh makes up a question just for the sake of making up a question. "In using 'domain,' do you mean it in a literal sense?"
The god shakes his head. "No. My spatial domain is completely intact. Sorry for not being clear."
The mage nods. "Alright. Thank you for the clarification."
"May I ask which aspect of your authority you are losing?" Chiyoko asks, after waiting a second to see if Galaxian will continue. "I apologize, but to me, it seems intact, at least for the most part."
"It's hard to say." Something passes through his face, but it's hard to tell what it is. "The feeling is more general. Basically...I know it's there, and its effects are there, but the source is unclear."
Nagesh shakes his head slightly but doesn't say anything. 
"Well, if there's any way any of us can help you find that source, just let us know," Manai says, able to round cheer into her voice again. "And of course, that's a given! What you have sounds like an illness, and all of us want you to get better. But..."
She looks at Nagesh, who seems to be innocently looking at Chiyoko rather than her. She purses her lips and then starts again.
"Are you sure it's as simple as that? Just losing that authority?"
That was one uncharacteristic shoulder jerk on Nagesh's behalf.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 7, 2023 18:30:48  #206

Laurie's sight followed each person as they spoke. She nodded at Manai's statement, and then blinked when she heard the new possibility. Her gaze lingered on Nagesh for a moment before flicking over to Galaxian again.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

February 8, 2023 02:08:26  #207

This time, it looks like Galaxian's reaction involves simply raising an eyebrow. In turn, Manai pauses as well, though her expression isn't accusatory at all. In fact, it seems to convey some mixture of curiosity, a portion of which she directs in Nagesh's direction.
If you look closely, you can see a hint of a smile on Nagesh's mouth. What a transition.
"I guess this was already talked about separately?" the teenager asks. Her expression is now transitioning more towards a pout, with her lower lip vying to jut out more than usual. She adds, almost reluctantly: "If I shouldn't bring it up, then I won't."
But the deity, perhaps surprisingly, shakes his head. "Just known."
That doesn't seem to be as surprising, but Manai still scrunches her eyebrows a bit in response. Pursing her lips, she looks towards Laurie briefly, maybe to read any cues she might be missing, before transitioning her gaze again to Nagesh, who still has that cryptic smile on his face. Needless to say, neither seems to give her an answer of any sort.
"It's hard to say," Galaxian finally speaks up again, providing no one else speaks within the brief silence. "The reason you're asking for is pretty much just as simple as what I was talking about. Maybe even simpler." He sighs slightly--it seems even if whatever this is is truly perceived as being simple by him, it was still something he would rather keep to himself.
"It's just that...one could say that I'm dying. Just like any other living being."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 8, 2023 18:53:13  #208

Manai's gaze wasn't returned by Laurie, as she has her own sight fixed (respectfully) on Galaxian. Her mild expression radiates concern.
She opened her mouth a little at the deity's last sentence in spite of herself, as if starting to say something. Instead of speaking she returned her lips to the serious line they were in previously. To admit what had just been said almost seemed like showing vulnerability. Were the ones present in the room so trusted? Or did Galaxian feel an obligation to tell them this?
More questions came to Laurie's mind, uncalled. She almost wanted to say something. Better wait until the others were done speaking.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

February 10, 2023 02:36:30  #209

"It's probably because of me," he adds, just as naturally as a young kid would perhaps talk about a casual subject, like food or toys. "Oh, and also how I am as an entity, I guess. But I don't really know."
Thankfully, Nagesh isn't very creepy and has stopped smiling by this point. Just so you know. Since that'd be...well, creepy. But he doesn't look particularly concerned either.
"You don't know??" Manai echoes. Her tone of voice isn't accusatory, or in disbelief. It's clear that she doesn't like the answers being given at all, but it does seem she still appreciates the truth above being kept in the dark. Even so, she's slightly caught off guard. In the end, she just slightly shakes her head. "I'm sorry. I don't know what to say to that. Please give me a bit to put my thoughts together."
"I suppose I will fill in, then," Chiyoko follows. She seems more perplexed then anything, and her words coincide with the impression: "Does this mean that the domain you are losing is the one over life? Or are these occurrences unrelated?"
"It might be. But I don't know."
"Would you like to know?" Nagesh questions. 
The deity just shakes his head. "I can't say I do, honestly. Memories are a fickle thing." He glances at Manai and Laurie as soon as he says that, apparently realizing how wrong that sounds in context. "...Sorry, guys. I didn't mean that in...that way. I just." He sighs again.
"I don't really know what to do other than what I'm already thinking about doing."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

February 13, 2023 20:42:38  #210

Thank goodness Laurie is not the type to get easily offended, but unfortunately, this time she wouldn't give any words of reassurance, judging that they were not needed. Instead, she kept her thoughts to the topic.
There was so much they didn't know. Not even Galaxian knew everything. Her hopes of getting more information by just listeaning were dwindling as the seconds passed. From a more optimistic point of view, the fact that they were aware of the lack of information, that was knowledge too. Maybe not the helpful kind, but...anyways, that was not something Laurie could look at optimistically.

"From your words, I take it there is nothing we can do to help with so many unknowns. I apologize for the interruption, but I wanted to make sure that it is the case before you continue sharing the idea of what you are thinking of doing."

Last edited by SpecterTheGreat (February 13, 2023 20:43:02)

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

Board footera