GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 13, 2022 02:13:27  #8521

Re: Cosmic Dim. (V. XVIII), You're Correct but You're Not Right

Looks like someone may know me a little too well.
(*menacing frog background noises. Like you know the horror games where the crickets are menacingly loud? That, but with frogs. Is this too much specification?*)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

November 13, 2022 02:28:28  #8522

(*unfortunately, it's definitely a good amount of specification*) *through gritted teeth* My friends are so normal. No horrifying mental audios here. Absolutely normal.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

November 13, 2022 14:19:59  #8523

Ribbit. I agree :D

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 13, 2022 14:24:03  #8524

Douman: (*exists*)
Me: I want to punch you in the throat

(I have my reasons)

Alternative:
Douman: (*exists*)
Me: You are not the clown, you are the entire circus

Honestly he's kinda weird as a character. He's canonically called handsome (someone briefly simps over him for that fact before being exposed to his horrrrrible personality), and I can see why people would see him as being handsome, but most of the time he's that kinda guy whose malice leaks through his eyes before you register his good-looking...edness. making up words to avert having to use the actual ones for him

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 13, 2022 14:26:57  #8525

I don't know why I'm bringing him up. It might be yesterday's feelings randomly carrying to today since that's how it be nowadays
Character hatred, I mean.
Btw I feel like the fact I mentioned was intentional and is good character design. I didn't mean to imply otherwise. I do hate him though. Obviously.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 13, 2022 14:27:27  #8526

Douman is the kinda guy who I'd lob a pumpkin at IRL. A rotten one, to match his rotten core. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 13, 2022 17:00:50  #8527

Averaging only around 110 WPM on Nitrotype and feeling like a failure lol
Seriously I think I haven't improved :') I got 122 WPM on one race but technically I should be getting that on all races so,,,

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 13, 2022 19:56:14  #8528

Why am I so full of stupid ideas :'')

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 14, 2022 22:49:53  #8529

There's something wholesome about a bunch of English comments on Chinese news videos lol. They're all judgy but not so judgy, if you get what I mean. It really feels like parts of humanity coming together.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 14, 2022 22:50:26  #8530

Also I think I've found the MBTI personality type that I want to be, please let me become it :')
when the Advocate isn't a self-advocate LOL

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 15, 2022 14:08:58  #8531

The polar opposite of that mascot drummer xD
This is also reminding me of something else but I forget what. It's related to the general attitude lol. Especially the slapping. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 15, 2022 15:37:59  #8532

F/DA Sunny's powers: (*exist*)
Me, reading them over: Okay, but what does that mean though :')

The funny thing is that I can tell that past me tried their best to make everything less ambiguous, but unfortunately their best efforts were still imperfect.
The last time I directly edited the document was March of this year :') (I make lots of smaller notes on a huge compilation document and then forget to transfer anything over)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 15, 2022 15:40:19  #8533

I love how an army ad goes "You have a way with words, use them to lead people to common ground," like no I don't. I literally have the opposite. I have such a lack of way with words that I can start conflict inadvertently. I can even induce my own anxiety by talking to myself lol. If I were to be a negotiator or something I'm pretty sure I'd actually cause a war. I should stick to making horrible online jokes

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 15, 2022 15:43:41  #8534

Somehow, reading Helge's info after Sunny's (or the other way around) always confuses me?? Why though.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 15, 2022 15:44:06  #8535

Hitan birthday gift: I correct my grammar for information on your other persona.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 15, 2022 16:54:58  #8536

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I love how an army ad goes "You have a way with words, use them to lead people to common ground," like no I don't. I literally have the opposite. I have such a lack of way with words that I can start conflict inadvertently. I can even induce my own anxiety by talking to myself lol. If I were to be a negotiator or something I'm pretty sure I'd actually cause a war. I should stick to making horrible online jokes

-Galaxian-

This reminds me of how the Marines kept trying to contact my mom about me and she eventually got sick of it and told them straight out that I have a hip defect and some other stuff about me and we haven't heard from them since XD they also tried to lie about me having interest in them lmao

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

November 15, 2022 17:47:46  #8537

Hey Galaxian did you hear that climate activists attacked another famous painting

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

November 15, 2022 20:09:55  #8538

@Echo - West Point kept trying to get me to apply too xD they clearly did not do their research lol
The Marines need more Hektor fanart xD (Orleans Hektor specifically? Maybe?)

@Eliza - I did not,,, I rarely hear about anything tbh. 
They really are just doing the same thing over and over again since they see it works, huh.
Also I think they're really just helping to clarify the line between activist and extremist lol
(As an addition: I know we talked about this before but all I could imagine was these people and a painting/frame in a wrestling box because of the usage of the word "attack" xD)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 15, 2022 20:57:53  #8539

XD They want me so I can provide motivation (Hektor fanart) XD

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

November 16, 2022 00:06:17  #8540

Exactly xD

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 16, 2022 00:07:33  #8541

Listening to Hamilton songs for homework I should've done days before (lol) and generally the gist is I think I shouldn't be relating to Burr so much, but I do
Condescending? Weird? Thinks he knows best? Answers questions badly? Burrows up all his ideas? Is completely ignored by the more expressive/outwardly passionate people? :')

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 16, 2022 00:09:11  #8542

Tbh imagine the musical just ends at the 2nd or 3rd song because these group of people are literally belting out intent to lead a mutiny against the king, which is definitely treason

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 16, 2022 11:27:10  #8543

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

@Echo - West Point kept trying to get me to apply too xD they clearly did not do their research lol
The Marines need more Hektor fanart xD (Orleans Hektor specifically? Maybe?)

@Eliza - I did not,,, I rarely hear about anything tbh. 
They really are just doing the same thing over and over again since they see it works, huh.
Also I think they're really just helping to clarify the line between activist and extremist lol
(As an addition: I know we talked about this before but all I could imagine was these people and a painting/frame in a wrestling box because of the usage of the word "attack" xD)

-Galaxian-

at this point considering that this was also an oil painting I think they think it's made using fossil fuels

which they are not

smh

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

November 16, 2022 11:51:36  #8544

it's fascinating, because on one hand we have the fact that they are committing literal vandalism, and on the other hand we're ignoring the point they're trying to make

they're trying to draw awareness to the oil companies being bad, and yet they're doing it in a way that just makes them seem bad 

it also raises a question of what's more important, preserving paintings or trying to stop oil from destroying the environment, which in turn raises the argument that we've already passed a point where we can't save the environment, and we should try to protect history instead while we have time

but that's just a theory, a theory theory

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

November 16, 2022 12:17:16  #8545

ThreePunchAxel wrote:

it's fascinating, because on one hand we have the fact that they are committing literal vandalism, and on the other hand we're ignoring the point they're trying to make

they're trying to draw awareness to the oil companies being bad, and yet they're doing it in a way that just makes them seem bad 

it also raises a question of what's more important, preserving paintings or trying to stop oil from destroying the environment, which in turn raises the argument that we've already passed a point where we can't save the environment, and we should try to protect history instead while we have time

but that's just a theory, a theory theory

You make a lot of good points

To me, where the activists are coming from makes sense. We know climate change is a thing and we know that if we don't do something about it things our going to turn out pretty bad, but I think the way they're going about it is a terrible way to do it. Sure, it gets attention, but I think it's giving them the wrong attention. Instead of going "oh hey, they make a good point," we're seeing them and going "wow, those people are crazy."

November 16, 2022 12:23:19  #8546

@Axel - I think that as Eliza and I discussed before, we recognize the point they're trying to make (though I get that you might be going for a broader generalization of the response to what they're doing). But what is undermining their actions and intent is...well, actually, a variety of factors. One, what they're doing is illegal, and that typically doesn't put you into a favorable light (as most people are law-abiding or like to think that they are). Two, they're likely misinformed and misdirecting their form of protest. They're protesting oil by vandalizing paintings, which as Eliza as pointed out numerous times are not painted with fossil fuel oils. Even if people were to want to follow their lead, they're inspiring action towards a specific, incorrect thing rather than what can actually spark some positive change. They're supposed to be offering direction for the problem they're pointing out, but they don't offer a solution, just more problems.  
Third, as Eliza pointed out, this is very negative attention, and though we can't say for sure whether these protests will be effective or not yet, they are for sure acting more destructively than their cause would imply, and that's putting an impression on not just adults but potentially kids as well. We need all the help we can get when it comes to enlisting the future to support the cause, and especially considering all the already-formed misconceptions about climate activists, they're definitely not helping on that front either.
Overall, again, history might be being made as we speak, but in my opinion it's currently doing more harm than good, especially when it comes the public's perception of the cause. Which is unfortunate.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 16, 2022 12:29:53  #8547

*feels strangely validated for having good argument points*

Yeah, I mean, what's to say that it won't make a positive change? It's definitely not a method that we think could do anything good, but then again, when have we ever? Riots were similar. Sure they were still destructive and negative but in the end they might have brought about a positive change one way or another. We won't really know if/until a change actually comes, positive or negative.

But I'll say this again, I do not condone violence or crime

November 16, 2022 12:32:08  #8548

As for the second point @Axel brought up--whether we should prioritize protecting history over protecting the environment--I think that's too absolute of a dichotomy even at this point. We've reached several points in time that have been said to be crucial, sure, but there is definitely the fact that culture can't be really enjoyed if humanity is all gone. Maybe something/someone might come across our relics at one point, but who knows what condition those relics will be in if the planet is in bad enough a shape to kill off humanity, right? 
That said, I do recognize the inaction when it comes to this subject, and I think that part of it is again a consequence of there not being a very clear objective or effect that we want to achieve, plus some other factors to make it more complicated. But I personally don't want to think that we've really gone over the edge, so to speak. Or else who knows how much worse we would do without even that hope.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 16, 2022 12:35:57  #8549

That's kind of the sad thing about history/situations like this. We want to save both but in the end that might not be possible. It's the option between two (objectively) bad outcomes.

November 16, 2022 12:36:23  #8550

@Eliza - Yeah, who's to say that we're not watching history happen? 
But of course this discussion also centers around our interpretation of its potential implications in the moment, so it's not like we'd be incorrect just because we lack the ability to prophesize the outcome xD.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera