GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 11, 2022 23:00:08  #1

[Intro] Russet is approaching the camp of his client (Public)

It's a very small camp, with only a few tents set up. It's not very late, but there doesn't appear to be much action going on at the moment. Everyone appears to be in their tents. Russet stands at the edge of the camp, watching as a hooded figure emerges from a yellow tent. They appear to make eye contact for a few moments before the figure hurries off into another tent. Russet approaches the tent the figure left from; if there's anything you want to confirm with him before you meet his client, this is your chance.

RUSSET

September 12, 2022 10:35:18  #2

Re: [Intro] Russet is approaching the camp of his client (Public)

Neer and the other mages are right beside Russet, "Who are these people? Are these all the survivors of the attack?" He asks as he took a few quick steps to catch up to walk beside him.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

September 12, 2022 19:42:24  #3

"No," Russet says, eyes fixed on the yellow tent. "I don't think so. These guys are just my client's... employees. They've decided to set up camp here so I won't have to walk far to get back to my client,"

RUSSET

September 13, 2022 00:46:27  #4

"Wait he brought his entire work force with him?? What are they even doing here?" Neer asked, slightly astonished "Just for this? He must be one rich, powerful, or charismatic guy. Or a blend of all three."

Time

September 13, 2022 07:34:23  #5

Russet laughs. "No, it's not his entire work force. This is only few of his many employees. And yes, he is pretty rich, powerful, and charismatic,"

Last edited by Russet (September 13, 2022 07:34:33)

RUSSET

September 14, 2022 01:42:25  #6

"Well, where is this client of yours?" Neer looks around, "I'm assuming in that yellow tent there?" He points to it.

Time

September 14, 2022 09:00:32  #7

Russet nods towards the yellow tent. "You ready to meet him?" Russet asks.

RUSSET

September 15, 2022 00:51:56  #8

Neer itches the back of his head, "I suppose."

The other two mages with him nod in agreement.

Time

September 19, 2022 09:01:53  #9

Russet nods in return, and gently lifts open the entrance to the yellow tent. This would seem rather rude, but it looks like whoever was inside the tent didn't mind at all. In fact, he looked up at Russet with a massive grin before turning his attention to Neer and the other mages. Once his gaze falls on them, it almost appears his smile falters for a moment. The man quickly calls them in. 
"Come on in, and bring your friends here too!" The man was clearly addressing Russet, and by "friends" he meant Neer and the mages.

RUSSET

September 21, 2022 02:12:10  #10

((Oops sorry I'm late))

Neer gives a small smile of greetings and thanks to Russet as he enters the tent, "Hello, sir. I take it that you're Russet's client?" He asks.

As he enters the room, he studies it in detail, even activating his sensing magic to identify the exact features of their new surroundings.

The other two mages somewhat hover around the entrance. They seem like they either won't be entering or just decides to let Russet in first.

Last edited by Time (September 21, 2022 02:12:31)

Time

September 28, 2022 23:55:26  #11

"Client? How... formal," the man says. "I think a better term would be good friends, doing favours for one another,"  Russet didn't say anything, and just makes his into the tent and sits down. 
The yellow tent is fairly drab, only having the man and a bag of his belongings, a lamp to illuminate the area and a rolled-up sleeping mat. However, Neer's sensing magic would reveal much about the man before him. First off, he has a strong signature of magic on him. A mage, no doubt, but it seems he's fairly unpolished. He has a wand in his back pocket. And in his bag, spell books, with an incredibly similar aura to the magical artifacts found in the ruined town. 
"You two, come in as well! Then we may start talking," The man calls out to the two mages hanging near the entrance.

RUSSET

September 29, 2022 13:32:47  #12

"Are you sure? We'd rather not look to clutter up the space." One mage says as they raise a dismissive hand

The other one decides to just shrug and simply just walk in, taking the man's innovation. Followed by a look from the other who denied the request.

Neer mostly ignores the other two's reactions and instead goes on with the conversation. "Marshall Irvin, correct?" He says, "I'm Neer Pages. We're mages serving Time and Chronos, tasked with learning about what has happened in the nearby town. Well-- the ruins of the nearby town."

Last edited by Time (September 29, 2022 13:33:15)

Time

September 29, 2022 17:15:41  #13

He's saying nothing. Only staring at the mage that refused to enter with his bug-like eyes and absurd grin. Looks like he was being serious when he said he would start talking once the two mages come in. Based on how he's treating something so trivial, it's easy to tell he will be difficult to work with. Why'd he want the other mage in the tent so badly? 

RUSSET

September 29, 2022 19:58:02  #14

"I'm really sorry sir." Neer tries to clear things up, "It's standard for us mages that work in groups to always have someone to keep an eye on our backs, no matter where. One of our deities, Time, always stresses having our bases always covered to be ready for any situation."

"Not that you appear untrustworthy and anything! Its just to prepare for anything unexpected to happen. Like... what if monsters or creatures were to return?" Neer, following the guidance of one of his patron deities and in quietly rising suspicion, subtlety activates his sense type magic once more to see if there's anything out of the ordinary. He's going so far as to try to sense the location of others, such as Russet, that are outside the tent.

The other two mages quietly tense up as well, although they're trying to hide it.

Time

September 29, 2022 22:31:32  #15

The man's smile, already looking like it was at maximum width, somehow grew wider.
"Standard! Of course experienced mages such as yourselves would have standards. I also have standards, and they ask that your mage on the outside come in. Until then, we can't talk," he says. It's still unclear why he would benefit from the other mage being inside the tent. Is he hiding something on the outside? Maybe even stalling for time? All that can be said is that it is definitely worth having the mage keep an eye outside. Suddenly, Russet leans in and whispers to Neer.
"He'll probably give in if you make him think you have information that could be useful to him. Maybe you could tell him more about yourself, or the deities you're working for," Russet suggests. The idea could work, but Neer would need to be careful not to share sensitive secrets. Best to move forward carefully. It's obvious that the man is trying to hide something from the mages' eyes, so it's probably a good idea to insist on keeping the mage at the entrance.

RUSSET

September 30, 2022 01:28:12  #16

Neer makes a silent motion of thanks to Russet.

"I did hear of your wishes to reconstruct the town, yes? We could help you with that. We do have detailed insight concerning the location when it comes to magical readings." He continues on, "Unfortunately, if you can't let a single mage or two stand watch for security purposes, this conversation might not last much longer. In addition, the information we have could be considered to be something more private. I'm sure it it's the sort of information anyone would like to hear first before deciding to spread it about."

Neer hopes that the loyalty of the workers of this man isn't strong enough to the point that he doesn't mind releasing secrets to them, but he decided nonetheless to try to add more reason to keep a mage or two stationed outside. That being the information he's breaking is deemed to be more secretive.

Time

September 30, 2022 12:28:32  #17

The man says nothing, but he does look intrigued. He reaches behind him, and pulls out a wand. Without seeming to do anything, he stows it away shortly after.
"Forgive me for that. I was just communicating with one of my workers through telepathy. I'm impressed with how insistent you're being. I quite respect it, so I'll let your mage stay outside while we speak," The man says. He's acting like letting the mage be outside was his idea. His grin shrinks, to a normal, human size. "You were correct about my name, earlier. I am Marshall Irvin. It's a pleasure to meet you, Neer Pages. Since you're my guest, I'll let you share your 'detailed insight' before I converse with Russet about his findings," 

RUSSET

September 30, 2022 21:55:18  #18

((If you don't mind me talking liberties in stuff, but here it goes))

"Well, first, sir, I'd like to know what you know. That way we don't bore you with the info you are already filled out on." Neer nods his head towards Marshall, as if now waiting for an answer that would satisfy the question.

The mage looks back out to the camp, being aware of the surroundings and the atmosphere the workers were giving off.

Time

November 3, 2022 20:45:20  #19

"Well, not much. Of course, that's why I enlisted Russet for assistance," Marshall says. "I only knew that the town, which I found out very recently when I sent some of my employees there to prepare a place for me to stay, only for them to find the whole place in ruins!" He throws his hands up in the air for dramatic effect.

There didn't seem to be much going with the workers, until suddenly they all sprung to life and began moving around. The workers were quick and discreet, and it was incredibly difficult to tell what they were doing, or what triggered this sudden rise in activity.

RUSSET

November 4, 2022 01:48:56  #20

((Oh shoot I forgor what liberties I wanted to take lol))

The mage on the outside takes notice, and shifts on their feet a bit.

"Hm. Well, when it came to our investigation, we did come across notable claw and bite marks on victims and the town. Russet came to this conclusion as well, but there was a wave of monsters that attacked. These monsters didn't particularly seem to have any other goal besides carnage and destruction. As far as me and my mages know, they had not appeared to retrieve a specific magical artifact, or destroy anything specific of the sort. We have found many remains of magic artifacts lying about in the remains, so that may be a silver lining for you." Neer lists out as he's giving a report. He gives a moment of pause before continuing, in where Russet or Marshall may say interject with new info or a reaction if they wish.

Last edited by Time (November 4, 2022 01:49:58)

Time

Board footera