GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 5, 2022 09:34:33  #1

[Intro] There's a makeshift shrine in the middle of a meadow

Makeshift being a gross understatement for, what is essentially, a couple of candles (probably most definitely illegal to have in a forest) and various religious symbols strewn around. It's not even deep in the woods either, the meadow is just a bit off from a fairly popular hiking trail in the modern sect; barely obscured by a few trees.
A person is standing in the middle of the candles, hands clasped together, head bowed, with large feathery wings spread out. It's obvious they have no idea what they are doing, and after not even a minute, threw their hands up and plopped down on the grass, defeated. The person flinches a bit when the tip of their feathers catch on fire, quickly smothering the flame as they cursed under their breath.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
----------------------------------------
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

September 5, 2022 17:08:22  #2

Re: [Intro] There's a makeshift shrine in the middle of a meadow

Uh oh the GGaD phenomenon of deities being drawn together for specifc circumstances.

"This looks certainty odd." A voice says as another (a deity) walks up from behind. Though he decides to stop a few yards away, studying the circle for any meaning behind it, "What, or who, this ritual for? It is a ritual, not a shrine or something of the sort, right?"

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

September 6, 2022 20:39:43  #3

Marsh turns to look at the deity, not yet realizing he's a deity. "It's stupid, that's what it is." They stand back up, wings ruffling a bit, "I suppose it's more of a ritual than a shrine, what with the candles and whatnot. I was uh..." taking their glasses off and wiping the lens on their shirt "..trying to summon a deity." Glasses back on, Marsh stares at what they assume is just some dude TM.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

September 6, 2022 21:01:26  #4

(I only have one character rn but want to participate even though she’s also currently facing off with Neer and Lydia in some random clearing. it’s the ggad swag of being in multiple places at once)

Emmyn, a weird, unsettling woman with crystals growing from her skin and mushrooms growing from her hat comes out of the tree line, and gives a friendly(?) grin towards Marsh and Time.

“Ooh, a summoning ritual? What type of deity were you trying to summon? What kind of candles are those? Are they magic?”

She asks these questions like she hasn’t breathed properly in a while- too fast, not enough air behind them, and she stops to breathe in odd places. Then, realizing that she might be being somewhat rude, she slows down, and says, “The name’s Emmyn, by the way, how about you guys’s?”

Gumy 

(Formerly known as Jade)
(semi-IA)
18 || she/her
plural system (i got guys in my head!)
Enjoyer of Gingkos and Cycads 

September 7, 2022 19:56:53  #5

Marsh startles a bit, staring at Emmyn wide-eyed and slightly confused. "Uh, I'm Marsh." They stand there awkwardly, not sure if now would be a good time to start putting out the candles and packing up to leave. "Anyways, as I've said, it's a stupid plan and honestly a little desperate. I guess I.. donno really. Felt like, any form of divine help at this point would be just splended and since I don't know the first thing about religion, this was what my mind jumped to. Which once again, I reiterate, is a frankly stupid plan in hindsight."

Marsh decides that doing something, anything, would be better than standing in the same place so they start snuffing out the flames and picking up the half a dozen candles as they talked. "Gods, what was I thinking. Honestly I'd be an atheist if I didn't live in, y'know, Forengard, and I don't even know the difference between divine and just regular people magic. How am I even supposed to recognize a deity." Admittedly, they are spiraling a bit but this is an unusual situation and having to talk to two strangers in the middle of the woods is always slightly anxiety educing.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

September 7, 2022 20:23:18  #6

"Hm, deities come in all shapes and sizes! It would be very hard to recognize one," Apollo said from a nearby tree branch, lazily looking from each person. He yawned, flapping his own wings with little energy.

"Nice candles."

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

September 7, 2022 22:06:55  #7

"Exactly!" Time did a little pose, to partner with his exclamation, and then assumed his normal stance, being sure to somewhat distance himself from the others, "Very hard. Some look quite normal. Looks like you haven't done your deity homework, because your little ritual worked."

Time

September 8, 2022 19:52:49  #8

Marsh's eyes snaps up to spot, yet another stranger who showed up out of nowhere. "I feel like really should get used to people popping up. Nice wings by the way."

Then it dawned on her, what Time just said, "Wait, what do you mean it worked." And if Marsh was just a little more dramatic, all the candles would be falling out of their arms in supposed shock. "Ok so...alright alright processing this information. You," they point at Time "are a deity right? I'm assuming a bit here."

"Any other deities around? Did I summon three deities?!" as these words were nearly screeched, they look back and forth between the three people whom they just met and might be divinity. It honestly looks kind of stupid, a mixed expression of disbelief and oh-gods-I-never-thought-I'd-get-this-far, not to mention the stack of candles balanced precariously in their flimsy scrawny arms. There's even some wax on their shirt now.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

September 8, 2022 21:52:36  #9

Apollo gave a relaxed smile, greatly enjoying the reactions.

"Should we introduce ourselves? I'll go first!"

Without waiting for anyone else, Apollo slid off the branch and landed rather elegantly on his feet, flapping his raven wings slightly as to wake himself up. With a very dramatic and attention-seeking grandeur, Apollo flexed his muscles and brightly grinned.

"I am the majestic Apollo, the god of the beautiful constellations, the radiant sun, and the most wonderful pastime to exist: daydreaming!"

He goes into another flexing pose, his eyes switching from dark blue violets to a blistering golden color. The god seemed very excited to introduce himself as soon as possible.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

September 9, 2022 01:30:46  #10

Time looks down at the circle of candles and then to the ones in their arms, "By the looks of it, I'm quite confident you failed to summon us. The supposed prayer doesn't look specific enough to even call anyone." He bluntly stated. He crossed his arms, taking his more normal, serious demeanor, "My guess is you were just caught in a phenomenon of deities clumping together at times... unless..."

He looked over to Emmyn, then to Marsh, squinting his eyes he did.

"... Whatever, we'll find that out soon. I suppose I'll introduce myself." He makes a little nod, "Time. Deity of time and magic, brother to Chronos."

((Ngl ive en debating whether or not to include a mention of Chronos during Time's intros.))

Time

September 9, 2022 20:00:39  #11

Some of the religious stuff has started disappearing in little pops. It's almost comical, like all that's missing is a small speech bubble with the bolded word POP followed by a greatly exaggerated exclamation mark. "Hmm so I'm just lucky I guess," a shrug, not even giving the religious items a second glance "hmm well I suppose I should just get to the point, wouldn't want to waste your time... pun 100% not intended." Although they do chuckle a bit.

"Ok um, two questions I suppose, or well one question plus a follow up question. Am I a deity? And if yes, probably yes, can I not be one?" Marsh's voice gets gradually more hesitant since it feels like a pretty stupid question. I mean it's immortality, divinity people kill for this kind of thing and they just, want to give it up? "Ah well not that I don't want to be one, it's just... nice to have that choice I guess." Ok backpedaling a bit, not the best save but not too shabby either.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

September 10, 2022 21:42:32  #12

"That is exactly what I was wondering. Lets see if I can identify you as one. Did you even come across a very pretty, almost tear-jerking, blue glowing flower?" Time replies, quickly casting an aura/soul analyzing spell, and peering back over to Marsh.

As he did so, he added on, "It's not a stupid question, I get it. So many want it, but what many don't see is that we have to deal with some pretty bad drama. Like, world ending drama and wars. I'd think you'd have to be a specific type of crazy to want it, which is ironic, since I'm a mortal-ascended deity."

Time

September 11, 2022 19:42:51  #13

"Hmm a blue flower you say..." There's a moment of pause before recognition hits their face. The speed with which Marsh drop all the candles and practically lunge at a sketchpad lying unnoticed on the ground feels like it should have hurt. They scramble, trying to find a blank page with one hand, the other looking for a pencil that in the grass somewhere. It took a few seconds but eventually they manage to messily scribble something on the page, a basic outline before putting their fingers on the page and literally plucking out a flower.

It's blue, the exact shade of blue, and a bit wonky looking. Admittedly not their best work but it gets the point across. "This, this was what it looked like." Marsh manage to spit out, almost breathless. That lunge after all was the closest they've gotten to exercising outside of hikes. The flower stays intact for a second or two before it starts withering at a rapid pace, soon turning to dust then nothing at all. During the disintegration Marsh drops the thing as if it's burned them, looking anywhere but the dying flower.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

September 12, 2022 20:02:22  #14

Time peered at the blue flower for as long as it lasted. Did the flower give that same feeling of deityship and power that ambrosia flowers do?

"Well, that certainly looks like an Ambrosia flower. Did you pluck it or interact with it? You're a deity." He nods, "Sorry about that. I've never heard of any tales where a deity willingly gave up deityship, or actively tried to lose it and succeed."

Time

September 13, 2022 20:05:48  #15

The flower just seems like a normal wonky flower, nothing too special other than the color. It is a fake after all.

Marsh takes a deep breath, and maybe it's not obvious, hopefully it's not obvious, but they are currently on the verge of a meltdown. At least their brain is functioning enough to realize just freezing up out of nowhere would probably worry people, they decide to speak up, "Sorry, sorry, just.. give me a moment. It's a bit, it's a lot to process." The sketch pad and pencil is set aside, their hands fidgeting not quite sure what the proper response is to 'just realized I'm immortal for possibly an eternity and it's all the fault of a flower'.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

September 14, 2022 01:12:27  #16

"Yeah." Time nods, shifting on his feet, "If it comforts, Ambrosia flowers usually sprout for those who are 'worthy', whatever that means. Usually they sprout in the mortal's last moments as well. Maybe it saved you, somehow."

Time

September 15, 2022 18:52:28  #17

It took Marsh a second to realize Time is talking, only catching the last part of his sentence. "Saved me? Maybe... I uh really should get going." They pick up their sketchbook and pencil again, getting up off the ground, "Sorry, I have a lot to think about. Have a nice rest of your day," They take a slight bow, an old habit that dies hard, before hurriedly speed walking away because running seems weird.

The candles are left laying there in a messy heap, they'd disappear eventually but who knows that really?

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

September 16, 2022 13:49:26  #18

"Hey hey hey!" Time follows after the new deity, "At least introduce yourself! Since you're a deity now, you'll be running into us much more often!"

Time

September 16, 2022 19:41:40  #19

Marsh doesn't stop, and without even realizing it, they're already a feet off the ground just kind of hovering away at what would be considered running speed now. Wings are quite handy for moments like this. Sketchbook clutched to their chest, they pretend to not hear anything Time just said.

(When the character with escapism issues, actually runs away?)

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

September 16, 2022 19:44:48  #20

Ark, having no sense of timing, apparently materializes out of thin air a few feet in front of Marsh, floating, in all his purple skinned, spiky toothed glory. “He’s right you know. It’s like a sense we get when godlike shenanigans are goin down.” 

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

September 16, 2022 19:56:01  #21

Marsh screams, skidding (if you can even do that in the air) to a halt right in front of Ark. They look, terrified to say the least, definitely way too out of their element. Thoughts going by a mile a minute, the main one being I just wanna go home. They realize they should probably say something but the words are getting stuck in their throat. Perhaps if they just, fly around Ark they can get away.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

September 18, 2022 00:01:07  #22

Apollo is following as well, quite lagging behind as he isn't really too awake at the moment. He had started daydreaming as soon as he had finished introducing himself (meaning he missed some important info). His wings flap instinctively as he tries to catch up, but he doesn't really fly. Instead, it looks like he did a little jump, which looks pretty funny tbh.

"Shenanigans? Are we going to prank someone?" Apollo asked, somewhat yelling.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

September 20, 2022 21:17:27  #23

Marsh finally realizes they can literally just fly away, and does so.

(fin?)

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

September 21, 2022 01:28:22  #24

((until next time??))

"Wait c'mon! Please!?" Time takes a few steps after Marsh, but doesn't attempt a chase.

Time

September 21, 2022 07:36:18  #25

"Don't leave just yet! There's still so much to talk about!" Ark looks in the direction Marsh flew off in. 

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

Board footera