HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 15, 2022 22:43:08  #1

Hypothetical question, just curious about y'all's thoughts.

If this has been discussed beforehand during one of my lulls, please let me know lmao

So I know I've been uh,,, fairly absent these past couple years, but I have noticed things slowing down considerably around here in terms of roleplay. I think that's mostly the result of us no longer having a steady stream of new people and therefore new content like we used to in the forums (and, to some extent, the wiki). And while it's not necessarily a bad thing, I do kind of miss when we'd have some crazy thing happening every week or something like that haha

So here's my thought-- we've had the two-deity limit since this roleplay's inception, but that was mostly to stop us from having a massive pantheon of random people scurrying around Forengard because the participation pool was so large. I don't think that's really an issue anymore considering we have such a small group participating now. So what if we raised the limit? I'm not talking about removing it entirely, but perhaps allowing people to have a new deity slot would revitalize things a little bit. Giving people the option for a third deity could help with that.

We could even have a plot reason for it! Perhaps a large group of mortals suddenly come into contact with Ambrosia Flowers (for reasons yet to be determined) which causes the existing pantheon to investigate while having to handle/mentor a surge of inexperienced mortal-turned deities having to reckon with their new life path. Some existing mortal characters could also be pulled for this maybe? 

I've had this floating around my brain for a couple days, but this is obviously something that would need everyone's input, especially because we don't really have a precedent for changing the rules that we've had for 6ish years(?). I genuinely want y'all's opinions since it impacts everybody.

Obviously none of this is concrete and I'm totally open to anyone else's feedback, especially for the possibility of a proposed plot connection

I also don't know if the majority of people here have actually used their second deity slot to begin with but [shrug] 

but uh yeah. thoughts?

third deity slot?

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

"Is my body really part of the earth, and is the soul just a metaphor?"

Season's grievings to us, one and all!

August 16, 2022 01:46:41  #2

Re: Hypothetical question, just curious about y'all's thoughts.

Ok, I'll give my ideas.

I'm down for a third slot, that would allow me to not have any of my deities be in status anymore. Since I currently have three myself actually. But I think maybe adding a fourth or more would be more beneficial to myself, since it would give me an extra slot to write up another deity who can cause issues and plot if need be. That's me thinking a bit selfishly, but 4 ish slots I think could be good.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

August 16, 2022 02:58:51  #3

Just responding in bits here, but most important is that I am just willing to go by democracy here, since I don't think there would be huge ramifications with a rule change at this point (in terms of the community, not in terms of Forengard; there are definite ramifications in Forengard).
That being said, I wanted to say that this topic was debated by the mods before on the wiki, so we could use that as a loose reference in terms of decision-making. The thread was on Chan's message wall if I recall correctly; I can't access it at the moment, however.
Second, if we do increase the deity count, I believe it would be fair to make a sort of exception for the Corrupted Deities. So, rather than increasing the deity limit to 4, it would be 3 normal deities, with an exception for current CDs, who would be marked as extraneous. However, for practical reasons, there would likely be a limit on the number of CDs one could have. My immediate idea is that currently existing ones can exceed one in count, but no more can be added under the exception slot. Then, any CDs people would want to add in this iteration of the roleplay would be counted under the deity count.
Using Time's characters as an example--if at this point in time, he had only Time as his deity, then he could create 2 more deity characters, corrupted or not. However, seeing as he already has his own deity characters (Oblivion), plus Mockingjay's Senshei, Senshei would currently count under one of his slots (being someone else's character), Oblivion would be in the CD slot, and so Time would overall have 1 more deity slot open (and 2 if Senshei is ever uncorrupted and her deityship is taken away somehow). 
Obviously, I'm just putting this out there, so as a system it likely has a lot of holes.
I don't think opening up 4 slots is a very practical choice as of this moment due to a variety of reasons, but that may change depending on what others say here.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

August 17, 2022 02:20:12  #4

That makes sense. I actually wasn't thinking about CDs when I was pondering this and I think it would make sense for them to be grandfathered in/count as a separate slot like you suggested. I think on the whole we haven't had much in the way of new CDs in a long time, but that might just be because of slot constraints. It's still a manageable shift in my eyes, though.

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

August 17, 2022 13:40:36  #5

There haven't been new CDs due to the pause in the correspondent plot, I believe? I don't think there will really be any new ones unlike that plot either unfreezes or new plots related to the Corrupted Deities, so that could be taken into account if need be. The current primary issue with the CDs (from what I can tell) is probably the deity slot they occupy. Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong/mistaken.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 18, 2022 00:28:21  #6

I'm down for that idea you currently put forth Galaxian.

So to write it out simply, there are 3 normal slots, and 1 CD exception slot.

Time

August 18, 2022 00:57:23  #7

That's the idea currently, but I think we might need to analyze more specific cases to see if it'd actually work in reality. Not saying that I think this community needs that many defined rules on anything; I just think it'd be good to be consistent.
I'm currently the one hogging this thread again though, so I'd really hope to hear more suggestions from others, especially the ones with both deity slots filled (though ngl, I think the only one without both filled under current standards is me lol)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 18, 2022 01:43:32  #8

If everyone agrees on something, we could just go ahead and do it, and if it doesn't work, we just edit it.

Time

August 18, 2022 07:53:52  #9

personally I love this idea

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

August 18, 2022 18:47:44  #10

Axel, are you saying that in response to the general idea of adding a third deity slot, or the addition of the CD exception slot? Perhaps both?

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 19, 2022 00:18:31  #11

that was a little vague, sorry

i love both ideas. We need a new way to spice up the plot while we wait for CD stuff to happen, and so the third slot works for that. And for anyone who wants to make CDs, they have the exception.

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

August 19, 2022 18:47:17  #12

As of the moment, it seems everyone is in favor of more deities. Should we go ahead and just decide between the two??

Time

August 19, 2022 21:52:45  #13

I'm not sure if we'd like to wait for more people's input or if this is the majority(?) of people. I don't think there's really any major issue (or at least, nothing that couldn't be quickly ironed out with a small discussion) in moving forward.

I think the best way would be having those three deity slots and having that kind of unspoken "exception" slot in the case of a Corrupted Deity. If that gets to be too much, we can always tone it down, but once again there's like less than 15 active people here and I don't think it would be too terrible to manage. Especially since we're all pretty reasonable folks lol

Call me Ishmael.

August 20, 2022 00:22:28  #14

You're alright, Axel. Thanks for specifying.
As a little specification on my end, I haven't voted on the poll yet, since my stance is really just whatever.
This is technically the majority of people as of current, but I think Eliza, Echo, and Specter should have a say as well. One or two of them might have voted already without commenting, but yeah.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 20, 2022 02:05:03  #15

Yeah sure. Even when we're in the majority, maybe lets give everyone like a day to give more ideas before looking to confirm it?

As of the moment I'm currently in the group of just 4 deities in total just to keep it simple. But I can go either way honestly.

Time

August 20, 2022 02:23:46  #16

I dunno, I feel like this isn't urgent enough to set such a time limit. At least, I don't feel like finalizing a decision within a day would be necessary, especially since we can't predict when Specter/Eliza will become more active. It's not like we need to start a plot ASAP. (I also can't tell if Echo is following this thread or not. I don't know how they navigate the forum.)
I personally feel like 4 deities per person is currently overboard. The community is small, but even so, that might overwhelm the non-divine characters, just speaking in terms of their welfare. But I might be seeing things too negatively. If the others want 4, you guys can do 4. Just if Forengard is destroyed from us wanting to engage more with the roleplay...y'know, lol, I guess.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 20, 2022 02:54:31  #17

I just set a time limit because with the possibility of me being able to make another deity excites me. More space for more plot!

Hm. You do have a point there. I feel like the only person who wouldn't be overly affected by the decision if it goes either way is me and maybe spec? (I'm sorry I currently don't know who is and who isn't active for their deities).

But you know what. Yeah. I can see that happening. I'll just get behind the idea of 3 deities with a CD slot.

Time

August 20, 2022 03:55:23  #18

Oh okay, I feel bad now. I'll go ask Echo if they've seen this thread then. But I'll do it tomorrow (later today, if I wake up today) because I don't want to sound like a poll lunatic (a compound term I've made up, btw). So hopefully they respond here if they're just stalking. 
In the meantime, feel free to make anything you want. A planning thread, or just a compilation of your own ideas for yourself. Don't let me stop you xD. That goes for all of you. Don't let me always put a damper on your fun. Or else I might get logically kicked out. And I don't really want that.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 20, 2022 04:11:14  #19

You sure? I can check in with Echo, and post the poll later tmrw nonethreless. I know you're busy with school and much more other stuff.

But don't worry I just have some simple plot ideas and characters have been churning. Maybe I'll write some character ideas out on my idea thread at some point, and bring up a plot idea after the thing has officially gone through.

Last edited by Time (August 20, 2022 04:16:57)

Time

August 20, 2022 18:33:30  #20

Yeah, thanks for doing that. Maybe I shouldn't be trying to do so much, logically speaking.
I'll try to think in the meantime how to propose my ideas, then. If my participation would be okay, I'll think of character ideas at that time as well. I do think it might be a good idea for me to sit this one out, so I'll keep pondering how to go about that without making it the opposite extreme of what I shouldn't be doing.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 20, 2022 22:34:44  #21

Hi uwu yeah I voted without commenting XD because I'm not good at things like this but anyway I'm in favor of a third deity slot, although I'm not sure if I'll use it or not because character creation is hard TwT also yeah I was kinda stalking for a bit and then actually forgot to check again until Time mentioned it in my HT wnfnkqfklwlf TwT

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

August 21, 2022 03:56:11  #22

Time wrote:

post the poll later tmrw

Ok ik I said this but I just wanna put it back a day just in case if Eliza or Spec reveal their opinions. But the "official poll" for updating the rules is going up tmrw for sure  lol.

Time

Board footera