HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 15, 2022 16:06:42  #31

Re: (@Time & Specter) Kiaane is up to something.

"Yes?" Martin replies as promptly as possible and getting closer. "And... uh good morning," he says, glancing briefly at both of the guild members present. 
The expression on his face becomes more visible after he pulls down his hood, still wondering what's going on.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 15, 2022 18:14:14  #32

"Morning," they basically parrot, characteristically cutting off the "Good" for the sake of having one less word to say. 
"Am putting up lights," they add, as if having read his mind. Looking at Ignas, they add, "He is helping."
Obviously, they also forgot his name. Yay equality. Hard to go by around here.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

March 15, 2022 18:41:12  #33

"They look nice! I can help too," Martin offers. "I mean, Ignas is already doing so, but do you need me to do anything?"

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

March 16, 2022 00:29:23  #34

"You can help them. I really think I've got better things to do than putting up lights." Ignas admits.

Last edited by Time (March 16, 2022 00:29:38)

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

March 16, 2022 16:34:32  #35

They tilt their head in response.
"Mission?" they ask Ignas.
...and that was supposed to be an apology for keeping him, I guess.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 17, 2022 00:23:40  #36

"Nope. Not yet anyways," he replied, "Just some target practice."

Time

March 17, 2022 02:53:14  #37

What an indirect roast.
"Understood," they state vaguely. It kind of seems like the vagueness is intentional.
"Good luck," they add with the same tone of voice before redirecting their attention to Martin. It's hard to tell, though, given how they don't really look at him nowadays.
"Thank you for the compliment," they say first, even if stoically. Then: "How do the strings look?"
They mean the ones that are probably where they're supposed to be, of course. On the wall.
The narrator won't contribute their opinion, since it's Martin's to state, after all.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 18, 2022 00:34:01  #38

Ignas just stands there for a bit lol.

Time

June 13, 2022 07:22:00  #39

"Looks a bit like a web over there," Martin replied while pointing. He briefly glanced at Ignas to see what expression the young man was showing.
"But don't take my word, uh, I've never messed around with lights and strings like this before."

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 13, 2022 21:53:18  #40

Gotta love how Kiaane's probably blocking the way to the kitchen but is also doing absolutely nothing about it.
"A good web?" they ask, leaving the opposite ("A bad web?") out there as the implied second question. Intentionally? Well, who knows.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 14, 2022 07:56:48  #41

"I'm not a spider... how am I supposed to know if a web is good or bad? Are light strings supposed to look like webs anyways?"
Martin looked puzzled.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 15, 2022 01:04:20  #42

Kiaane remembers in that instant that they forgot to bring a spider or a book along as reference for web shapes. Oh, no.
And because they forgot a spider or a spider book, they immediately look towards the most spider-like thing in the vicinity they know of--Iguanas.
Or something like that.

He should've left when he had the chance, except in a less sinister context.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 15, 2022 22:57:05  #43

Martin followed Kiaane's sight. He stared at Ignas expectantly.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

July 24, 2022 18:09:58  #44

(@Time - Btw this thread exists xD)

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 26, 2022 10:55:23  #45

((Oops, sure I'll go on with it))

Ignas seems to take a bit to register both are looking at him, "What are you guys looking at me for?" He asks in his normally grumpy tone, "They look pretty normal."

Time

July 26, 2022 17:57:33  #46

(By the way, does Ignas just want to leave? If he does he can, technically, I guess xD, I've had no luck trying to come up with a way to get him to stay)

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 27, 2022 10:06:12  #47

((Nah its fine I'll just have him magicly stay))

Time

July 27, 2022 17:02:32  #48

(Convenience is convenient! Thank you both xD)

Kiaane takes Ignas' words for truth, indicating that with a nod. They then dawdle a moment longer, trying to remember what procedure they were following before the other two arrived. They give up pretty quickly and just reference what they had written down on their notepad. 
Wow, they have extremely small handwriting.
They don't usually speak out what they read when others are around them, but in this case they seem to think that it would save time, so they do so. At a just-barely audible volume, they state: "Outline formation of strings. Choose bulb coloration. Proceed with following procedures..."
Well, at least it does sound like a plan. Albeit probably overcomplicated, and expressed weirdly.
They pause a few moments more before looking back up again and asking, "Favorite colors?"
The narrator really hopes there's no rule disallowing them from having those. Though, it wouldn't be surprising if neither of the other two ever put thought into that sort of thing.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 28, 2022 02:16:53  #49

"Colors?" Ignas echoed. Shifting to lean on the wall while assuming crossed arms,"What for?" It would seem the reason was quite obvious, but it looks like Ignas just wants to pan the conversation out or something.

Time

July 28, 2022 07:41:43  #50

"If it's more colorful it would look more festive, yeah?" Martin looked at Ignas, unsure of the other's reason for asking. The boy did think the reason was obvious, but from the tone of the question perhaps they were venturing into unallowed territory? There were no instructions against decoration or colors in general. At least as far as he remembered. 
Martin now stared at the web of strings again.
"Green like my jacket?"

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

July 29, 2022 04:15:38  #51

Meanwhile, the magic mercenary is far from overthinking (or really thinking about) the implications of Ignas's questions and possible intentions. Instead, they're staring hard at Martin's jacket, trying to remember the precise hue. Their response in the meantime is, "The colors of the lights can be customized. And the general process needs many of them." Not gesturing to what they mean, they just vaguely list, "That pertains to the strings, and other decorations."
Now somewhat confident that they'll be able to get Martin's color right, they tilt their gaze towards Ignas's general direction again. 
"Purple?" they guess.
...well, it's technically not a bad guess.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 29, 2022 23:02:19  #52

Ignas facepalms in realization of the absurdity of the question he just asks, but he quickly shakes it off.

"Sure, whatever, you guys go and do whatever, hang up your lights." He waves one of his hands dismissively, "I could care less, but maybe the higher ups might not like it"

Time

July 29, 2022 23:15:07  #53

Kiaane nods. Whatever he just said definitely went way over their head.
"Purple?" they repeat. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 3, 2022 01:15:11  #54

"I said do whatever," Ignas repeats. Narrowing his brows "What-EVER." he emphasized. Though while the all-caps may imply it, he's actually not yelling and just empathizing his voice.

Time

August 3, 2022 17:14:18  #55

Kiaane writes, or rather scribbles, "Purple" onto their notepad of sorts.
"Purple is nice," they say, like it's a fact, though it might as well be. "Like beetroots and black rice. And butterfly bushes."
If you look at what they're writing, you can see that in addition to what is presumably Kiaane's note on Martin's choice of color, there are at least three more on the same page. Wonder who put up with the question before Martin. 
They look back up. "What other colors?" they ask the other two, as if Ignas will respond to them if they don't ask about a favorite color and instead imply at general color schemes. Actually, that's probably exactly what they think.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 4, 2022 08:28:22  #56

"Yellow would be good too. Bright yellow. And orange."  Martin's eyes wandered as he thought of replies. Yellow like his eyes, orange seemed to go well with yellow, and what other color? He already said green, white didn't look like a color, black wasn't festive enough... hmmm.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

August 8, 2022 18:33:37  #57

"White," Kiaane adds, as they do not care whether it's a color or not (or maybe they don't know in the first place, but they wouldn't care either way). "Pastel yellow...orange...bright yellow...blue and mint?" They write it down even if it might not work, along with "More green." 
"If they come, they can add more," they say to no one in particular as they habitually move to close their notepad. They stop after realizing they still need their notes, though.
And of course, 'they' refers to Elio and Aereon, and any other leaders within the guild, since they're Kiaane and probably have no idea how to refer to them otherwise.

The narrator forces them to do more in a post, so they eventually make a vague beckoning gesture to Martin, and Ignas too, since why not.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 10, 2022 12:47:44  #58

"Ok, yeah, colors, sure." Ignas said, waving his hand again as to speed up the conversation, "How about this, have you ever thought about where to get these lights?" He asks Kiaane.

Time

August 11, 2022 03:31:02  #59

(I'm not sure if it's just something I feel, but I will always love the awkward bubble created when Ignas and Kiaane are in the vicinity of each other xD

Ignas: *video speedup noises*)

They have to think a little to remember if they did think about that. They eventually nod.
"What of it?" they ask, and at this point, they could look kind of like a curious cat to someone reading their expression.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 13, 2022 19:49:50  #60

((Yeah))

"Like... where will you get it from?" Ignas shrugs and makes a faces that translated to something similar to, ' I thought that was obvious??'

Time

Board footera