HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 23, 2022 14:31:48  #1381

Re: "Bonding at 3 A.M." ~ @Echo @Galaxian

Yeah I'm good with that idea

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

June 23, 2022 17:28:51  #1382

Yeah, sure. I'll let you know if a problem develops (or I won't lol)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

June 24, 2022 07:29:39  #1383

That decided, let's continue to the main point: the schedule.
I think we just need to arrange at least the classes our teacher characters are in charge of. HPA is known for not having mandatory attendance and a lot of the school facilities are open to be used at any hour, so we might want to be a bit flexible on this.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 24, 2022 18:50:37  #1384

Alright.
For Iollan's class, I was wondering if P.E. might actually be optional, or maybe so for specific students at least (at my school there's an advanced P.E. class where you essentially just gotta submit proof of athletic activity, so I'm thinking about Echo for this. For Olympic trainers, normal P.E. classes probably don't have much merit training-wise). Also, I'm also thinking about how in China you have to do some exercises in the morning. From what I understand, P.E. is in the afternoon there as a result. Maybe it might be like in Japan as well

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 24, 2022 21:09:47  #1385

That would be interesting owo, the only characters I have that would chose do PE would probably only be Nivia and Silence, maybe Alma due to needing to stay fit for running across a stage but that's iffy. I don't really see Malaika wanting to do PE lmao

I think afternoon would be cool, in my school we had PE classes either first thing in the morning or your very last class XD idk how much help I am right now

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 24, 2022 21:37:25  #1386

Her loss, considering Iollan's a good teacher, a pretty cool dude, and also possibly a hot guy jk jk I can't draw him. At all. :')

I have never had P.E. after lunch (always in the morning) but for some reason they always had us go outside after lunch in middle school, which imo was a pretty dumb choice on the part of whoever made it
Anyhow, going with what I said in the prior post, aren't Nivia and Silence technically both overqualified for P.E.?

Also Francis is gonna be forced to participate since Kaori wants to play with him yes he's a teenager but still wants to play with friends rather than just hanging out after school, and anyways Francis is like deathly pale so (: the dude needs some more sunlight exposure I think

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 24, 2022 23:13:28  #1387

How did I forget Francis XD I'm a terrible Narrator, yes he NEEDS P.E, he probably takes vitamin D pills like me

I feel like Nivia would need it to help her recover from drug addiction while Si would take it because A)To motivate Nivia and B) They like to exercise and want to Stay In Tip-Top Shape for multiple reasons

Also Si would love to take a class that doesn't involve paperwork or much thinking XD

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 25, 2022 00:25:55  #1388

So is Nivia no longer competing/training to compete or something like that?

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 25, 2022 01:12:47  #1389

I would think at the moment not exactly? Like she's focused more on getting better with the addiction as well as the whole thing with her parents, I think she would still train and practice ice skating, but probably after school with Silence tbh. The P.E would probably just be more help to keep her active during the day, plus it would probably build up more strength for her ¯\_(TvT)_/¯ idk if I make any sense, critisism (I CAN'T REMEMBER HOW TO SPELL HELP, MY AUTO DOESN'T KNOW EITHER) is probably needed for this part

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 25, 2022 20:01:52  #1390

I'm not sure how skippable P.E. is but I guess you can just not show up to the class
I do know there's an official image of Class 78 from canon Danganronpa all in athletic clothes and running track, so there's that.

For Germaine's class... I literally know nothing about homeroom except what I got from the internet and the DR anime, so you guys please tell me what part of the schedule you think it fits in best.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 25, 2022 20:20:15  #1391

Making it optional is mainly for the purpose of us not having to jam all of our characters into all classes all the time (roleplaying versatility, basically). Also, I thought that designating classes as morning/afternoon would make the ordering more convenient to do.
Oh, I also just remembered something China does. There's a self-studying time in the morning (and also a 2-hour nap time where students can go home, hhh), so that's also material we can use if we wanna make things for versatile.
Homeroom is also first thing in China. Iirc it's the same way in Japan? Teachers have a meeting first thing (kinda like in America) before going to homeroom, and unlike in the U.S., students stay in the same classroom most of the time. I don't remember if that was what we're doing, but I hope it's kinda helpful!

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 25, 2022 20:20:41  #1392

And Echo it's "criticism" btw

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 26, 2022 18:29:50  #1393

XD THANK, I CAN'T SPELL

Iirc in Danganronpa they had Homeroom first too, so we could do that

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 26, 2022 23:41:29  #1394

Since all classes are optional I guess I don't see a problem with that lol, it'd just be up to the students. 

I'd like for students to keep an assigned classrom, what does Echo say tho?
And I'm fine with having Homeroom first, I'll have to figure things out more quickly but it's ok :'P

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 27, 2022 00:18:18  #1395

So with P.E. being an elective, I suppose that leaves the other teachers we have for the class: Hitan, Apollo, and Calix.
Because Apollo's class might involve experimentation, I think it might be in the afternoon (so students can
change classrooms and are generally more awake), but I'm not familiar with this. Thus, that leaves (or rather, would leave) English or Social Studies as being either one or both of the morning classes.

On another note, I just realized that we're missing math as a core subject. Did we address that? 
And Specter, does Germaine perhaps want to teach something other than homeroom as well to add to interaction opportunities? In China, homeroom teachers are English teachers, though clearly this isn't the case in this AU.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 27, 2022 00:50:02  #1396

I think I would also like for the students to keep assigned classrooms 

I'm good with Apollo's being in the afternoon and Calix's being in the morning

I don't think we ever addressed missing math TvT

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

June 27, 2022 08:17:03  #1397

I think it'd be a good idea to have English in the morning too, what do you guys think?
Oh yeah math lol...I think we didn't mention it because we hadn't planned to have a teacher to be in charge of the class. I can think of some "solutions" but tbh I don't really know what would be the best thing to do here.

@Galaxian
To be honest I hadn't thought of that, but perhaps she's in charge of some after-school activity or special class/workshop during the week?

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

June 27, 2022 19:14:35  #1398

I don't mind. Hitan's real excited about it but I still don't have a lesson plan, so it's just the same as usual. General suffering for me, that is.
I think it would make sense for the Ultimate Professor to be able to teach subjects outside of English, such as math and foreign languages, if need be. The major problem with this is that I have no idea how to POV either of those. And of course, the other problem is that him being the teacher of more than one subject would throw off POV-related balance. 
Another thing that should be considered is the "field" of the different classes. I think you might be getting sick of me continuing to say "in China," but anyhow, in China, the core classes are split into two fields:
文科 ("wen" meaning "text"): Language arts ("English"), foreign languages, social studies, etc.
理科 ("li" meaning "logic," I suppose): Science, math, etc.
You might notice that the "fields" are really just subjects split into ways of thinking. "Wen ke" classes cover content with more open-ended interpretations, while "li ke" classes cover content with theorems and more limited answers. Essentially, being a student in a different field focuses on honing a different way of thinking, if you will.
So, if we do want to take that into consideration, we could use it for structuring the classes. I can think of two ways. One, we could divide the classes so that the classes of the two fields are separated into the morning and afternoon. Essentially, the morning would be English/Language Arts and Social Studies, and then the afternoon would be Science and Math. Alternatively, we could mix up the classes while taking into consideration the fields, so that the morning would be English and Math, and then the afternoon would be Science and Social Studies (not exactly in that order). Both of those options are general and don't yet account for electives. 
I dunno, just throwing out a concept out there. Let me know your thoughts if you'd like.

And @Specter, that's up to you to decide. My initial thought was that since she was the Ultimate Gardener (Wanted to write Gardner lol), she could teach an elective course about plants and/or other related topics. Ecology, maybe? (Or something related but more casual?) I can say she'd at least have two students, lol. (Sunny and Galaxian.)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 4, 2022 07:58:33  #1399

By lesson plan do you mean everything that will be taught? I don't have much of that tbh lol.
But I don't see much problem with Hitan being an English teacher too. As you said, it fits his talent, and with that justification I think it's enough to make for other problems that might come up. About pov balance, I imagine that most of the interaction will be between students...because I really have no idea of how we're gonna do classes, like, Idk but I don't think it's a very good idea to teach the whole class cause we the roleplayers are not teachers haha.

That's interesting information about subjects. I suggest we have three classes in the morning and two in the afternoon, regardless of which class is class, as then it'd leave time for electives and stuff. I'll add that here in Peru some schools' schedules aren't the same every day, like for one day you can have Math at 9 AM and the next one you can have it at 11 AM, but all the classes are completed by the end of the week anyways. Also, is it necessary to have all the clases everyday? Perhaps some of them are on an every-other-day basis.
idk. There's many ways to go about this xD.

Possibly yep, Ecology or maybe Gardening itself. I'll give the idea some thought, and it'd be pretty cool too to have a smaller group that could give some fun roleplay interaction.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

July 4, 2022 17:43:11  #1400

Imagine if some student hates Hitan and has him for like 3 core classes lol
Lol a student gives him the bad idea to put on a wig for a class so people don't get tired of seeing the same him over and over again
But if we don't do classes,,, idk lol. I have been very concerned about this.

I'm not sure. I know some schools go by a block schedule and others use the same schedule every day. I remember reading somewhere that a block schedule is beneficial for students, so considering who one of the school administrators in this AU is, it could be likely. But on the other hand, I'm not too sure whether this makes a difference in-roleplay, aside from maybe slightly shorter days. I suppose it would place an emphasis on extracurriculars, which might be the best place to showcase student talents.
Searched a little bit and it seems Japanese schools start at 8:30 and end around 3. 6 and a half hours, apparently, of classes, and then extracurriculars. So we could put self-studying time in the morning if we wanted to go with the block schedule, so that there are less classes each day.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 9, 2022 22:16:21  #1401

Block schedule sounds fun owo

I don't know what to add TvT

I think Calix would do stuff like history classes and social science based classes, or maybe government classes. Maybe he has a current events class, idk ¯\_(>o<)_/¯

Oh! Forgot to say earlier I liked the idea of English and Math classes being in the morning and then the other group of classes being in the afternoon

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

July 14, 2022 19:29:13  #1402

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

Thanks xD. It's the uniform Ig lol.
Do you have a better idea of how it works now?
Wait does Germaine also look like a student o.o

Also nobody asked for this but I did a height list for fun XD

Silence - 6'3''
Wiley I. Perrault - 6'3''
Furei Raitsu - 6'3'''
Malaika Ange - 6'3''
Sunshine Meep - 6'2''
Allen Clover – 5’11''
Alma Amor – 5’11''
Kaori Mine - 5'10''
Sollux Meep - 5'9''
Francis Luca - 5'8''
Ad-r1k/Adrik - 5'7''
Specter de las Ánimas - 5'7''
Dionysos König - 5'6''
Nivia Alouette - 5'2''
Yvonne Dambolena - 5'
Galaxian Explosion - 4'5'' (if he's not taller in the AU)

We need to change this because Malaika is now 6'1, Francis is 5'3, and Alma is around 5'4 now XD

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

July 14, 2022 19:36:15  #1403

I also need to change some of my characters' heights but have been too lazy to define them (:

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 24, 2022 07:14:45  #1404

I'll fix up the height chart when I get a chance

I just kinda got schocked because I forgot Yvonne's HPA surname lol she has different surnames in each universe except for GGaD in which she just doesn't have any

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

July 24, 2022 18:26:20  #1405

I think I already did that but my mind decided that memory wasn't important so I don't remember anymore

Yvonne Lamp (don't ask where this came from)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 3, 2022 17:44:36  #1406

Hi guys, reviving this thread to ask about the HPA AU hehe

So, did we reach a consensus about the schedule and related things? I'd be glad to continue the AU and finish our current thread so we can focus on making character interactions canon and all that. I might take a bit to rejoin the AU but I want to let you know that I still am interested in this AU and I'm willing to be invested in it again.
That said, it'd be helpful for us to do a sort of list of the things we want to do, short term and long term, y'know, so we know what we're working with.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

November 3, 2022 17:44:51  #1407

Yvonne lamp

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

November 6, 2022 02:16:09  #1408

Idk what to put because I'm bad at interacting with others SO if this reads weird yippee so this will probably be super jumbled yayy

Iirc we definitely won't be RPing the teachers actually teaching because none of us can,,, do that accurately XD, although I think it would be fun to maybe RP the students doing their Mischief and sorta small interactions within classrooms and such. Idk, and then after classes and in passing periods and stuff, we could do bigger interactions maybe? Idk, an Idea

Short term idk what I want to do, long term is just general character development for my OCs lol

Yvonne lamp

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

November 7, 2022 17:39:25  #1409

To be clear on the communication front, I will be trying to follow up with Echo on planning when I'm able. Just can't do that at the moment because of real-life reasons.
I do not recall reaching a consensus on the schedule, and I don't remember what "related things" refers to, so please enlighten me on that front.
Onto personal assumptions:
-I had assumed that we'd start a new thread for the entry of students so that distinctions could be made more clearly between the two threads' start and end points
-I had also assumed that the first classes would be roleplayed just to get more teacher-student interaction at least once. And this was made because first classes typically don't have much material to teach in them. Not to say that they're easy to roleplay, however, so it's likely only certain parts of those first classes would be POVed, just so we can get first impressions/reactions down between students and between students/teachers

I don't remember enough to be able to compile a to-do list, so if one of you wanted to do that, that'd be great for me. Less work. I just remember certain priorities of my own.

Overall, I think I have lost a lot of the confidence I had when we first started the roleplay because structurally this is likely to be hugely improvised, which is a fact I either neglected to recognize or ignored to the point of forgetting. However, I do have experience with a similar RP (Color Coding [CC]) so I am not too concerned at the moment. I think that as long as we all cooperate, it should be fun and not too messed up.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 13, 2022 08:40:16  #1410

It's okay to take your time.

I don't really remember exactly what we had discussed but I think I recall something about discussing a block schedule? I'd be fine with that, as long as we establish an order for the classes we should be fine on the first day thread and any other threads that require mentions of the time/schedule. 
On the personal assumptions part I agree with both points. We did a sort of similar thing in my server for a "school time", and the way we went about it was that the only day with fully roleplayed classes was the first day (and even then we had a timeskip after the first part of the lesson, which was an infodump about the historical context of the school. We don't need that here.) because most of the interaction was icebreakers from the teacher and getting the students to know each other and their campus. Afterwards, the students were allowed to just use whatever areas of the campus they wanted, or create threads in the outdoors area for interactions that happened outside of the school. So we can use a similar idea for our threads/interactions, which is kind of what I was thinking anyways. 

By the way, did we determine anything about housing and that stuff? Cause I think I recall that we never said much about the city or much worldbuilding.  

I'm not sure we have a well-defined to-do list hm. What is there for us to do regarding this AU? I'll try to check back on our previous conversations later today or tomorrow.
Yeah, we're here to have fun! I think the improvisation thing is okay and was probably brought on by the fact that we were like reaaally excited while brainstorming this for the first time. Anyways, that's that, and good luck for all of us.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

Board footera