GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 4, 2022 17:28:56  #91

Re: [F/DA] It's the approaching end of a long night.

"It shouldn't be." Sunny would have pointed out his observation of how the time between stop announcements got shorter when they entered this section of the city, but he thinks that obvious enough to not merit a discussion. So he just drags himself along with the luggage he's carrying.
They eventually come to a stoplight and turn left. The stoplight in question is going through its cycles even though it faces an empty road; and while Sunny doesn't like to think that he's particularly superstitious, it's green as the two siblings pass, which is much less foreboding than something like a solid red.
The new road is a little brighter than the other one. There seems to be a cafe (accent mark not included since the narrator's computer reset input settings) on the other side of the road, and it left its outside lights open, illuminating this side of the road as well. On their side is a string of restaurants with closed signs hanging off the doors, which is an encouraging sign, considering they're looking for a hotel.
Upon reaching the end of the street, he peers left and right. "Think it's right behind the building we came from?" he asks Sollux.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

July 7, 2022 07:54:39  #92

"Like, on the street on the other side? Maybe. Looks like it's not on this part of the street anyways. Let's go check."

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ
pjytlñhfñksfjgnm dfmghkdhldk

July 7, 2022 14:24:11  #93

He starts to say no--short for 'that wasn't what he meant specifically'--but he does have a good amount of common sense left and reckons that they'll be in the approximate area to see anyways. So he just wanders in that direction. Left, that is.
To be honest, he couldn't tell what the building was from the front, and he can tell even less looking at it from the back. Now that he looks at it more, it seems to be surrounded by gates. And opposite of it is just more buildings. Strange, in his view, but he's not going to judge beyond that.
He frowns. "Doesn't look like a hotel. Maybe we went the wrong way."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 9, 2022 22:11:10  #94

"I don't know, I'm not a- I don't have a GPS in my head." Sollux just shrugged as she looked around once more. She was confident they weren't lost, but she was also a bit too tired to put much effort into figuring out her current location and that of the hotel.
"Is this supposed to be the hotel? I think it should be one of the few places open at this hour."

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

July 9, 2022 22:21:19  #95

He checks the top of her head to make sure. "GPS" sounds like something sinister to him.
"I don't think so." Sunny backtracks a little to check the street name. He realizes he should have done that a long time ago. 
"It's the right street. So we should probably head right." He heaves the bags up a bit, as if trying to encourage himself, and starts heading right again.

At least they didn't head in every wrong direction possible.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 9, 2022 22:31:53  #96

"Yeah, now that's progress. Let's check for open places. The hotel should have its lights on, like I said."

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

July 9, 2022 22:37:05  #97

It's definitely brighter on that side, though not as much. There's one building on the other side of the street with the bottom lights on. It's nearer to the next intersection, though.
Sunny's just glad that at least, he doesn't have to guess what the dome-shaped building is. He eyes the crosswalk at that intersection and basically uses that as his response. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 13, 2022 08:17:30  #98

Sollux just follows Sunny's vision and then kinda follows him as well.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

July 13, 2022 14:14:05  #99

(For some reason the two of them are reminding me of squirrels)

Sunny crosses the road first, after looking hard at both sides of the road, of course. He does wait a bit so that the two of them can walk shoulder-to-shoulder across. Usually, he might even offer his hand so that they can hold hands crossing the street, but this time he doesn't have a hand free to do so.
"Does that look like a hotel to you?" he asks. He personally thinks it's a better prospect than the dome building down the street, and he does have some credibility in terms of determining whether a building is a hotel or not, but so far the architecture here has been pretty different from what he's used to.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 15, 2022 17:36:51  #100

((Going to either side of the road without deciding, sounds accurate))

"I don't know, let's go see if it has a sign," she replied, already starting a quicker pace towards the mentioned building. "Worst case, we can ask for directions if someone's there."

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

July 17, 2022 18:50:01  #101

Nodding in agreement, Sunny glances blearily around the visible corners of the building. No sign. No dark corners, either. 
Now that they're closer, they can see better through the windows, which seem to be darkened intentionally. There are curtains on either side in the inside, presumably casting a shading effect on the inside. There are chairs on the inside as well, sitting on patches of what appears to be carpet on otherwise wooden flooring.
Sunny's confidence grows a little bit, putting a boost in his step as he approaches the door. Sollux can make it easier by getting ahead of him and opening it. Or she can let him go through the process of putting down the stuff he has, holding the door open with one of the luggage bags, and then getting all the stuff through the door by himself while she waits for him. Either way, they eventually get through the door and into the interior, the ringing sound that indicated their entrance trailing behind them.
Inside, a woman sitting at a desk straightens upon seeing the first of the two visitors and gives them a hearty greeting from across the room. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 23, 2022 07:57:01  #102

As they approached the building that was hopefully their hotel, Sollux tried hard to blink away her weariness. If this was their destination then there was the prospect of sleeping on a soft bed not long from now. She should definitely help as much as possible to make that idea become a reality faster.
She held the door open for her brother to go through. 
Once inside, Sollux returned the woman's greeting politely enough. She then asked, "Is this [name] hotel? We're looking for it, but we got a little lost with all the streets that look the same. If it isn't I'd like directions! If you know where it is, of course."

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

July 23, 2022 18:02:42  #103

"Actually, you're at the right spot!" she answers after listening intently. "I hope it wasn't hard to find. Especially at an hour like this."
Ha, ha.
She redirects her gaze towards Sunny, who manages to fix his gaze back just as intently. "Sunshine Meep, I assume?"
"Yes ma'am." He forgot to thank his sibling for holding the door, so now that's on his mind, but he keeps it on the back burner for now. 
"Alright, well, let's get through the preliminary process quickly, so you two can rest up." She smiles brightly again and holds up some papers.
Sunny puts down the luggage again and fishes out the paper from earlier. He signs some forms, takes out two IDs (yes, two), asks some questions, and reads some of the papers taped to the desk. The texturing of said papers is a little curious, but he doesn't pay it any mind. Instead, he focuses on reading the policies of the hotel--which is what is on quite a few of the papers--trying to find any that might not be as obvious. To him, at least. But most of them are pretty commonsensical, and he has a policy of not taking anything from the hotel in the first place. So, he finishes just in time for the front desk lady to smile at them again.
"Here's your room card," she says cheerily as she hands it over. "You said you only wanted one, right? No copies?"
Sunny's barely able to remember himself saying that--and by the way, the hotel rules have gone to the wind by now--but he thinks that does make sense, so he nods. It kind of feels like him needing to guess the logic of a friend. Not very pleasant. "Thank you," he manages to make out. And then he also remembers to grab the card. He would have preferred a key, but it'll do.
The lady gives a little wave to the siblings. "I hope you enjoy your stay! If you have any questions, please do call us or come down here to ask."
Well, if it comes to that, Sunny's definitely doing the latter. He stays away from phones when opportune. He mutters another "Thank you" and tries really hard to find the elevator with his eyes, when it is literally right down the corridor in plain view. Oof.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 28, 2022 08:09:03  #104

"Oh, so this is the place? Haha, that's great." Feeling accomplished of her successful inquiry, Sollux stepped back as Sunny's name was called. He could handle the next part well. Still, she kept an eye on him just in case any help was needed. She wouldn't allow the process of claiming their room to go wrong, not when there was a soft bed waiting for her.
And then the process was complete! "Thank you!" Sollux called out, a hint of weariness tinting her usual chipper tone enough to let the desk lady know the teen was truly grateful for the service. 
Lux scurried back to her brother's side and stepped towards the elevator. When she noticed he was not at her side, instead looking around, she went back to tug gently on his sleeve. 
"Ey Sunny, we're supposed to go this way."
Bit akward, but anything to get to their room already.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

July 28, 2022 21:30:10  #105

(I read my own typed word of "copies" as "corpses" :') )

"Both of you are welcome!" the front desk lady replies, waving a little to them again, just like when they'd just arrived. She then resumes whatever she was doing before the two customers/guests (if that's what hotels call them) arrived.
"Ah," Sunny says, definitely sounding out of it by this point. But he manages to heave his shoulders up again (to lift up their stuff) and head towards the elevator.
He leaves all the elevator stuff to her, of course. But he does show his sibling the room card number, presumably so that she can see which floor they're on. 
The elevator is nice and well-lit, bright enough to not look like a horror movie elevator and dim enough to not scorch out sleep-deprived eyes. It looks new, too. There's a line of smiley faces just above the side railings on their current left side, and a line of cartoon animals on the opposite side. The asymmetry is perhaps somewhat interesting.
"Thanks for all the help," Sunny says once the elevator doors close and the needed buttons are pressed. He isn't maintaining eye contact with her like he usually would (or establishing any eye contact in general), but he's making an effort to look in Sollux's general direction. 
The elevator rumbles up towards whatever floor they're on. The other narrator can define that if they'd like.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 17, 2023 19:08:06  #106

"Sure," she told Sunny promptly. "I hope the room has pretty decorations and a window to the outside. I'd like a picture from there." Sollux gave their things a quick check to make sure nothing was getting left behind. It wouldn't do to lose her camera so early in the hotel. Once she figured everything was in its place, she looked to the panel that indicated what floor they were on, watching as the numbers ticked up one by one until finally stopping with a bright "ding!" at 7. She suddenly felt grateful for the elevator.
After the doors had opened, Lux stepped out into the hall, repeating the room number in her mind over and over. She knew she'd probably find it faster than her brother. For a moment her sight was distracted by a row of potted ferns decorating the hallway.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

March 18, 2023 12:55:36  #107

(Tfw you try to POV Sunny under similar conditions and realize his functioning capacity is actually greater than your own)

"Don't know about the decorations, but there should be a window," states Sunny, his expression indicating that he's trying to remember details about their room. There should be a window. He remembers, to an extent, deciding that the risks of having one as worth it.
Fortunately for the siblings, the room isn't too far away. It's pretty much in the middle of the hallway.
Sunny puts down the luggage he's carrying for what he hopes will be the second to last time today, brandishes the room card, and squints at the prompting beneath the slot. Fortunately for him, it's a diagram rather than words, which is easier to understand. So he manages to stick the card in the right direction first try. 
Click. Whatever locking mechanism around the door gives way to reveal a quaint room, the entrance corridor of which lined with pale, uncomplicated wallpaper. There's also a faint smell of flowers somehow.
Sunny holds the door open for Sollux this time, muttering something along the lines of "Ladies first."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 18, 2023 16:22:04  #108

Sollux stood right at her brother's side, staring expectantly at the card as it finally opened the door. She probably would've kicked it open had Sunny not opened in first, but for now she just rushed in, throwing up her hands as she looked around. "Oh, finally, room, sweet room!"
She glanced over the furniture briefly before setting her sights on the neatly-made bed and running to flop face-down straight onto it.
"And bed, sweet bed! Ahh! This is the best hotel I've seen."

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

March 18, 2023 17:16:53  #109

He ambles in after her with their stuff, looking around for a place to put down the bags and biting back a "Really?" He's okay enough at linguistics to know that her conclusion is an exaggeration. At least that's what he thinks. 
"Are the decorations to your taste?" he asks carefully. He sets two of the smaller bags next to their bed but seemingly opts to stuff the rest into the nearby closet. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 20, 2023 16:16:21  #110

"Yeah, it's all very very nice. It looks so new." Sollux turned her face to the side so her words wouldn't be muffled by the bed covers, althought she continued sprawled like a starfish. . "You should test out the bed too. I could stay here for a whole day, I don't even wanna get up."
She finally lifted her head a little bit. "Where did we put the pajamas?"

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

March 21, 2023 02:12:36  #111

"If I do that, I'm never going to get up either, but thank you. And stay down if you want. I can get your sleepwear from your bag."
Walking to the front door in a few strides and locking it, he hesitates for a moment. Lux did eat snacks on the ride here, so maybe he should have her brush her teeth...but it's also late, and doing a bathroom tour is low even on his list of priorities. Maybe just a drink of water will do. Yes, he decides on that. 
Regardless of her response, he goes to get his stuff first, taking out his dental care bag first and setting it to the side, and then takes out a few blankets.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 22, 2023 13:01:03  #112

((Do you mind if she falls asleep right there?))

"Ahh, thank you."
That would normally have been an exclamation, but Lux didn't have enough energy for that anymore. At least it looked like Sunny knew what to do now? They were both in the room, and all their stuff was here, so all that was left was to get ready for a good night's sleep. Or very early morning sleep.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

March 23, 2023 01:25:58  #113

(Nope, I don't. Do whatever you want whenever and I'll maybe let you know if it's too inconvenient. Others' characters falling asleep in front of mine is actually a trend xD)

"Mhm."
He's tired too, but he does have a small energy burst, the kind one gets after arriving at one's destination. Maybe somewhere within him, he too has a yearning to explore.
But he doesn't use the energy for that. He focuses on another priority instead. First, getting out her sleepwear. Two, rehearsing a few thoughts and holding out a little longer.
The room is pleasantly silent for the most part, with only Sunny quietly rummaging through the surface of their baggage raising any sort of sound.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 23, 2023 12:19:45  #114

Lux flipped over onto her back, feeling much more comfortable that way. The light coming from the ceiling wouldn't bother her if she closed her eyes.
So, she did. And soon after, the silence and comfort led her into the start of a light sleep.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

March 23, 2023 18:10:28  #115

(Sollux Cat >:3
Just checking, are you okay with ending the thread here?)

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 23, 2023 18:19:25  #116

((Not at all! I left it a bit open ended in case you wanted to continue, but it's perfectly fine like this :D))

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

Board footera