GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 23, 2022 17:56:12  #6721

Re: Unlimited Chatting, Planning, and Weird Things ~ (@GalaxE and Spec)

I feel like if this were an actual fandom, we'd be going ballistic over fanart for either of those two crackships though (':
ist's.

Well, let's hope Dion learns stuff from Raez and Rai then. He can be Super Mysterious about literally everything, which btw can sometimes drive Wiley a lil nuts. And anything that drives Wiley nuts is (*thumbs up*) no I'm not vengeful, not at all, nooo
I kinda just imagine Dion would've been kinda okay with talking about his past before, but now ("now" being in the future, that is) he does the thing Raez and Rai does where he acts secretive about it on purpose and Wiley is like "You were not like this before (: o no"

You calling him a cool guy is funny to me because your prior posts were literally about him having some personality problems, so your present post is being summarized to me as "He would be a cool guy, but he needs to change his personality," which shouldn't be funny I think (but it is)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

June 23, 2022 18:14:51  #6722

Relating to the problems we were discussing about the Not-Quad Squad (part 2 to come in another post), I feel like I need to stress that I don't feel like Dion's personality is causing excessive problem, but rather a combination of different issues (either relating to the characters or just me being horrid at planning) are tangling together. For instance, Raez and Wiley are relatively outgoing compared to Dion (especially the latter), and so when either/both of them is/are there, the focus kinda goes towards them inadvertently (fun fact: I was about to say "this is about how extroverts and introverts work, I think," but Wiley is actually incredibly introverted, more so than Rai, so oof). This phenomenon of sorts likely means that them not being there might be beneficial in terms of getting Dion to open up more, but unfortunately, it's also hard for a group-related issue to be addressed when that group isn't even there. And on a similar vein, it might be hard for me to address the issue with only Rai. As I think you've noticed, he tends to act very easygoing when Dion is around, and so that means he's unlikely to address the issues we're trying to address here without a reason to. Similarly, I can't use Raez to bolster this because Raez and Dion aren't close enough at the moment to be able to do that logically.
I can elaborate somewhat on why Rai is, well, how he is, though it's unlikely to be helpful. These issues wouldn't be present (or as present) if GGaD!Rai were CC!Rai, since the latter is a little younger and tends to address these sorts of problems much more directly. Meanwhile, GGaD!Rai has different experiences behind him and is presently dealing with different things as well. He doesn't have the time to crusade for social justice and to establish friendships like his CC counterpart, which is making for a pretty big issue in this case. But that's not to say that GGaD!Rai and CC!Rai are entirely separate. The separation that is there is pretty much because of situation. So, I believe that if we are to work through this problem, handling that situation is key.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that the issue (of Dion being unable to really express himself and then no one really helping him with that) comes from a variety of factors, such as the intricacies involved in changing group dynamics, Dion's background/reasons for him to act the way he acts, and also how Rai's character is built up. That being said, I think that a good idea would be to construct a catalyst of some sort for either of them (Rai, at least) to see their relationship as not just being temporary or, at the very least, substantial enough to justify addressing the current issue as necessity. The good news is that Rai does understand that Dion is basically a kid (without much experience in life) and needs to interact with more people than himself and the people he knows. However, on the flip side, Dion is also restricted because despite Rai knowing this, he can't let Dion go out without feeling like that would cause danger to either of them (again, their situation). So, if there is some way I can combine Rai's current knowledge and fix the circumstances so that he realizes it might be better if Dion and him get closer than they currently are (they're kinda like roommates atm now that I think about it), that might work somehow.
Essentially, I need to work out Rai's plot more. But it's proving more intricate than I expected, so there's that. I am proud to say that I do have more development on it, but it's far from enough. Put basically, the options I can think of immediately (I feel like I should've dedicated more thought on this beforehand,,, shame on me) are 1) an alternative where Rai steps away for a while [a short while, by the way] and leaves Dion in the care of Raez for a little bit, making them interact. This might help increase the chance of Raez helping Rai's and Dion's relationship later on, but problems include me not understanding Raez much, me not knowing how limited exposure to Wiley would be, and in general not knowing how to roleplay Raez's circumstances (for instance, right away you can see how the pirate crew being inactive could be a pretty big issue lol). 2) would be something focusing on Rai's and Dion's relationship more directly, but that involves the plot I mentioned before, and I don't have any guarantees as to how long-term of a plan that would be (though it would probably be more effective...maybe).
The biggest issue with 2) is probably how GGaD!Rai doesn't open up. I don't feel like Dion would be comfortable opening up (and btw the reason for him feeling like he should or needs to is also something that needs to be established. I see you implied that the reason's already there at least somewhat, though, so I'm not too worried) to someone if he knows that someone, for one, maybe shouldn't be focusing on this (out of consideration and/or logic), and two, likely won't reciprocate directly (with this being more emotional, since humans usually make themselves vulnerable while expecting others to be willing to do so in return). CC!Rai is better in this aspect because he offers a degree of emotional reciprocation, even if he isn't really emotional (I like to think he clearly cares for his friends and shows it through his actions/words). But GGaD!Rai doesn't have that (at least, not as obviously), and again, I see that as being necessary yet problematic in this situation. There wouldn't really be an "information exchange," basically, and without it, I feel like Dion would be more uncomfortable being vulnerable compared to if there was one.
I'll stop it here, since I feel like this could be expressed way better and I might be confusing you. But I do hope this is somewhat insightful.
As an ending note to this portion, Dion's development overall will probably come more from plot (I mostly see what we're talking about as closer to fluff than plot, for some reason, probably because it can't be too major or other things that shouldn't be trivialized will be trivialized), but you know how much I suck at that already :') I really should be communicating with you more on this. Please remind me when you think of it, and I swear I'll try if I have the information down. I definitely should be coordinating more with you to incorporate Dion better, so that's something I really need to up my game on.
But yeah. I don't really have many solid ideas at the moment. Just perspectives on what is wrong and general ideas of what could help, basically. Sorry.
I'll save the one/two Dion trauma tickets for actual plot. I don't actually feel joy from traumatizing characters, but I also don't have a very good handle on what constitutes good development, hah. More on this later; I'll elaborate on some points in other posts to the best of my ability.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 23, 2022 18:34:43  #6723

Tying in with the prior post, another problem (on my end) that has been slapping me back and forth like some sort of funny slappy stick is also related to this problem--mostly, how horrible I have been at incorporating Dion into the plot because I just didn't communicate with you (and part of that was also because my ideas sucked too much/were too vague for me to communicate to you lol).
One of the most important parts of that is his background. I have not asked you enough about his background, partially because I'm a coward, partially because I was thinking of that future character of mine and thought that you might want to keep that and show it in-RP, but mostly (combined with those two reasons) I'm kinda an idiot. So.
The main part of your post (I'm still on the first one, btw; sorry lol) was how you mentioned there being a reason for them to need to talk this out. And this was kinda a slap back to reality for me. Because I suddenly realized, "Oh huh, I don't even know what the two of them'd be talking out, oh no," and "Wait, why would Dion feel the need to talk? What part of his past made it like that? To be honest, what has he experienced?" and I realized that, again, I am 100% a fool, really. 
So yeah. I'm super sorry, lol. I'll try to do better, but even now I dunno where to start xD. I suppose a good plan of action would be for me to try to give you an outline of some sort of what the plot entails first and then talk with you about where Dion's coming from, but hhhh bad planning. I suppose I can say that, again, I'm working on the plot and characters, and I'll try to get that sorted out faster and better so that I can talk about that with you and initiate that conversation faster, since it's a very important conversation. Right now, though, I'm kinda stuck there, and I really do apologize.  

On a more casual note (last part of your first response post), it'll always be funny to me how Dion and Wiley are better off being complete strangers, 'cause as soon as they have to interact on a somewhat regular basis, they probably have a really long path to go until they can reach some sort of balance (was gonna say "mutual understanding," but tbh who understands Wiley lol). And that's also the fun of F/DA (lol that will also be funny, the AU was basically built off of a random desire to see Dion of another universe suffer with both a heckin' weird guy as his Servant and a war he probably shouldn't be involved in), but let's see how GGaD pans out. Not that I know how to go with their relationship either. xD. (Oof.)

I will discuss some other things about the Not-Quad Squad in response to your other post, so I'll hold a few thoughts until then. I hope it'll still be coherent :')

-Galaxian- 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 23, 2022 19:19:55  #6724

(Finally onto the second post now lmiao)

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

When I said successful lifves I meant it in a wholesome way, not in a material sense. In my opinion it’s far more important to be a good person with morals than being a rich person (though if you can be both then that’d be ideal) so yeah. I get what you’re saying and I think you understand what I meant now?

I know what you meant, that was a poke at Sunny's/Sollux's stupid money-laundering family in HPA.

Some day I'll be able to make a wholesome fluffy ship thread with you lol, but for now it's weird for me to even remember we have characters shipped with each other (lol)

Yeah, I know the attempt really sucked, sorry again.
Her way of dress actually leans more towards modern Western fashion. Otherwise, I guess the dresses' style is more similar to Reconnaissance gowns. Her fashion isn't over-the-top, so basically dresses aren't extremely puffy or extremely elaborate/decorated, but they do really fit her. It's hard for me to describe; I sometimes search up dresses for reference and can see how things match my impression of her, but that's basically it. I guess I can say that she usually wears at least some colors that are less natural (as compared to how I see medieval European clothing for most women being more modest, unless they were really wealthy), but that's not really intentional. It just seems to fit her better. Also, the dresses she wears aren't strapless and tend to be kind of puffy at the bottom. I have troubles imagining her in a dress with a tighter bottom, and I imagine she wears some sort of different legwear than expected under her upperwear, but it works, I guess.
Put succinctly, Xenia enjoys dressing up, not for the sake of looking prettier than others or for impressing others, but just because it's something she has fun doing. And while I admire her for that, I also can't relate when it comes to enjoying trying different types of clothing and dressing like her. 
But anyways, I guess if I showed it better, Sunny's fashion sense in F/DA is influenced by hers (I find it interesting how Sollux being less flamboyant with clothing feels like she got her fashion sense from Paymon more). And this is important because both of them play with translucency to an extent. I'm probably butchering how it's actually described, but think of materials that are kinda see-through being used as accessories, essentially. I think it's cool, kind of.

And Xenia does mostly have pink eyes, but I feel like her eyes have a more intricate design, with more colors involved than just pink. I guess just go with whatever and experiment for that. I'll figure it out after I can actually draw her face :'P.

-Galaxian-

Edit: Dunno why I keep confusing F/DA with HPA??

Last edited by GalaxianExplosion (June 24, 2022 02:03:17)

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 23, 2022 19:39:56  #6725

Well, let me know if I can help with Laurie achieving those goals! I know Manai and her are going out exploring already (and I wish I had enough roleplaying skills to roleplay that more with quality lol), but the case stands. Let me know if a character of mine can lead her out or something like that. I'm excited to see her character arc!
You didn't finish, by the way. "She isn't as serious as"? I guess I could fill in the blank for the rest of the sentence, but I'm not sure if there was further elaboration, since I obviously wouldn't be able to guess that.

Since we were/are talking about problems with interactions in the Not-Quad Squad, I did wanna ask you your thoughts about the Alternate's interactions. Do you think I've been handling that better here? I've been trying to pay special attention in letting Laurie include herself into the group with pauses (which I know might be badly created, and again I must apologize for that), since I know that it will be incredibly bad if the same problem arises (the group is big and while I'm too lazy to do math, the vast majority of the members belong to me xD), but I dunno, it's always harder to self-reflect. I do know that some of the Alternate knowing each other more than Laurie knows them might be awkward (e.g. Manai and Nagesh, Nagesh and Chiyoko, Rei and Chiyoko, etc.), and that's also my fault since I don't always have ideas/the courage when it comes to coordinating so many relationships between one character and many of mine. However, I do feel like it hasn't gotten too bad so far and that any issues can be resolved if pinpointed quickly enough, and Manai and Laurie are a nice/cute pair.
In any case, please do let me know your thoughts on this. And please thank Laurie for making my job a bit easier on that note as well. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 23, 2022 19:55:11  #6726

Ah man, it's the difficult post to make. What am I to do~ how could I ever confront my own flaws healthily without self-hatred~?

Starting off on a horrible note, I'm pretty sure I could tell when you were online, so that kind of just made the situation worse for me. I'm saying this in the least confrontational way I can manage, but please don't do things like that in the future.  Tell us that you're on break. Tell me to screw off with my unhealthy jealous attitude. 'Cause if you're hiding it (and I 100% could tell you were doing so), I just feel like my friends don't trust me and that they have no reason to, because it's my fault. And while I know I still wouldn't react in the best way--I'd probably still be jealous and wouldn't feel good about it--at least we wouldn't have to try prying each other's thoughts unnecessarily, you know?
I don't really know how else to say it, but I really prefer people--whether me, or those I know--being direct over being mysterious or having to play guessing games. I've been really nostalgic for the past as of late (and I mean as of the past two months). I miss the times where we (as a community) were more straightforward and let each other know we cared, even if excessively. I know that we probably can't really go back by now--everyone's older and doesn't really communicate that way anymore, and maybe we're not as close as before--but I really hope that you, and others here, won't feel the need to lie to me or to hide things from me, whether in consideration of my feelings, your own feelings, or anything else. Because when that happens, it just makes me feel more and more like there was once a bright spot, and we're walking away from it.

As for your question on my interest--as you implied, it shouldn't really matter. I don't know how to respond without saying that I have a problem with being able to respond to others' posts outside of roleplaying if I don't immediately have something I could say about it. But my issue with never really responding to art/writing/etc. threads aside, I'll definitely read those posts, even if I likely won't reply in response to them. So do what you want to do, and please don't let lack of response from me deter you.

I am once again going to carry my response to the next part of your reply to my next post.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 23, 2022 21:21:13  #6727

I find it funny that you think I "just reply reply reply post post post all really quickly," because imo I'm pretty slow. Though, the implication of my posts being horrid in quality is right on the spot
I'm just going to tie this response to the following post. I mostly have two styles of long posts. One, a long post that's made pretty much on the spot in response to someone else's post. This is usually when I'm feeling large amounts of anxiety about what might happen if I don't convey my character's actions to the extent where they adequately address what is happening, in time at that. These posts are usually confusing and meaningless (as they source from anxiety), but kinda fun to read when I go back (given that they are sent in limited quantity). And then two is when I'm the one initiating the long post out of nowhere, which usually means (that I perceive) that I am not getting enough response, and the thread is being held up (even if it might not be). 
The thing is, I'm more used to others initiating things, and I am pretty bad at making posts that should justifiably garner a big enough reaction for me to feel like the thread is progressing smoothly. Basically, I'm horrible at plot threads and also at working with others. 
So aside from excuses, why am I bringing this up? 'Cause I screwed up pretty badly in the current Not-Quad Squad (3/4 of it at least? Idk what to call it when only Wiley, Rai, and Dion are there lol) thread. And my excuse for that is that I initially had a better plan for it (though still a pretty bad one, ngl), but I was forced to think of a different one on the spot and, combined with a not very mature mindset/emotionality, that didn't work out very well.
In less vague terms, I was originally planning on getting Dion to interact with Hitan and Helen (and that's the better part of it; the rest of the plan pretty much just sucked, and that's that), in accordance with what I mentioned about Rai wanting Dion to interact with some more people (as well as the necessity of their circumstance in the thread). However, Rune refused to return to GGaD at that point, and unfortunately, her character's presence was kind of integral to this portion of the thread. Coupled with Dion not being very responsive at all, I thought that the better way to 'repurpose' the thread would be to continue it on my own--in your words, "taking the thread story and making it into a story for myself." And that was a jerk move, not to mention a horrible move fueled by my emotions at the time, and I really apologize. I wouldn't have expelled Dion's participation if not for how I had to suddenly switch the thread purpose (considering the chronology of when it occurred), and it still shouldn't have happened. 
have thought about this for a while now, so I deleted the portion of the thread for a do-over. However, I'm still not exactly sure how to move forward from here, and I think that the lesson to be learned here (for me) is that I should have talked to you about this. But before I give more thoughts on this, I'd like to confirm that you want to continue the thread. In addition, I'd like to ask you for any thoughts on how you think you might like the thread to proceed as well as general thoughts, now that I have finally said what was going on there.
And unfortunately, I do have to say that I don't think I'll really stop with the long posts, but I do want to say that me making long posts is actually a way to try to garner more of a response, not a way to stifle it. When I make long posts, I'm really looking for something exciting. I don't wanna go on too long either, my ideas suck xD. So, regardless of any differences in our interpretations of the situation, POV the way you want to, POV what you want to, and let me know if a long post is hard to read, is inappropriate for the thread, or in general is just kinda stupid, since I probably wasn't making much of a decision when I was writing it.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 23, 2022 22:06:02  #6728

I always want to talk about character designs in personality, thank you very much :DDD

My attitude towards characters is usually carried by my characters'/other characters' attitudes towards them, so when you ask about my reaction towards Dion, I suppose that I can't really say that neutrally (as in only taking my direct reaction towards him in mind). Because Raez and Rai (and even Wiley, kind of) actively work on being more tolerant and openminded when it comes to "dealing" with him, I also assume an attitude closer to that.
Of course, to be honest, am I sometimes slightly annoyed when it comes to how he isn't as caring towards Rai? Yeah, though only during specific moments. But because I know it comes from how I'm used to characters giving out so much (GGaD!Galaxian, Hitan, and even Rai himself, to an extent), I try not to indulge myself in that sort of mindset. I try to remember that Rai is likely aware of Dion's attitude but doesn't see it as something bad (self-preservation is a good thing, essentially), and on my end, I remember that he also didn't have the full, rounded-out background for him to be able to be educated on that front. So, I really just hope that he'll come to improve aspects of himself by being with people like Rai, and I try to be lenient when it comes to him, since he's basically just a kid, unrelated to chronological or physical age.
I do think it's pretty obvious that I like nice people more (as opposed to some people, who seem to lean towards the people with more flaws), and this is probably why I like Martin over Dion (sorry lol, no shade intended). In comparison to Dion, his background is also unpleasant, so I can give him leniency when it comes to any mistakes he might make. I know that he also didn't have anyone to really teach him what he needs to know. But also I like him primarily because of his innate goodness. I appreciate how he tries his best and is loyal to the guild, even though it's a horrible one. And I appreciate how he treats Kiaane and the cricket. I think I'm just biased towards people who are better people while having the reason to be worse, lol.
Back to Dion, I still appreciate him and think that he's interesting, and I'm thankfully able to do so because he doesn't exist in a vacuum. I understand that considering his background, his attitude and personality are likely more realistic than someone like Martin (though Martin's also young, so that factors in), which is appreciable to me in another sense. I would characterize him as someone human who hasn't had the chance to learn and hasn't really had a world beyond himself for the most part. When he's interacted with others, he hasn't had the chance to really learn from them or, more recently, allow himself to be comfortable enough to learn from them. And I get the idea that before Rai, the friends he was able to have had a rather transient presence in his life, which has resulted in him mostly focusing on himself. If someone like me were to grow up in just those circumstances, I think I wouldn't even be as good as him, who shows moments of willingness to trust and caring and gratitude towards Rai, even if only occasionally. So, I don't have a right to judge him for the individual he currently is, because he hasn't had the chance to really grow beyond that. Besides, I believe that he's on the right path towards becoming someone he would have wanted to become if he had the opportunity to think about it that way. He might not act like a "good person," as you mentioned, but I anticipate seeing his better aspects blossom in the future. So, even if he's rude, not very funny, somewhat ungrateful, etc., he can become more polite, more funny, and is likely more grateful than he appears, and that's enough for me for now.

(I was way too adamant at ending that section there, but essentially, Dion's redeeming quality, other than what I perceive as his character being logically human, is how he can become better and how he doesn't resist that. The brimming positivity that appears once in a while, essentially. I have the belief that that positivity will show itself more and more over time, given the chance to develop in that direction.)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 23, 2022 22:14:38  #6729

By the way, I am absolutely not proofreading these posts at all. I hope they'll be legible

I was gonna post a post that would literally just be me ranting about Sunny as a character, but ouch cringe
You don't need to see it. I've probably been cringe enough on this thread to last a few months
Anyhow, I'll resume talking about Dion/the Not-Quad Squad in the next post, but for now I'm gonna go eat dinner. See you sometime later lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 23, 2022 22:25:44  #6730

If you can read this, Rumbletalk doesn't work anymore, please go to Chatzy if you can:
https://www.chatzy.com/69129068253677

-Galaxian-

Edit: Waited there for around 2 hours and then got off, just so you know.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 24, 2022 01:18:33  #6731

The most disappointing and most succinct post of this chain

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

Something I am genuinely curious about: how would you characterize Dion if you owned the character and had to roleplay him? I mean, from what you can see from the info I’ve given and the way I roleplay him. How would you tie Dion in with RRW if you had to write their interactions? IQs aside, obviously (although some of them are so accurate it’s scary).

I've thought about this a bit, but I don't think I'm qualified to answer this xD. I think I'll stick with canon and incorrect quotes.

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

Oh coolio! Of course I want to discuss that. You know how much I love hearing about ideas. And thank you for reminding me to work on the forms I haven’t touched in idk how long.

I have no idea where yesterday's confidence for that came from, since this is also related to (*sighs*) plot. Oofy. But I'll really try hard to keep that in mind lol.

SpecterTheGreat wrote:

He just has a room made entirely out of chocolate lol.

Rai: Well, can't complain about that. (*proceeds to never leave*)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 24, 2022 01:41:42  #6732

Final post! Sort of.
Thanks for the response on Martin! I guess it was what I'd been expecting, though hearing it directly from you is somehow different. Better, one could even say. (And no, I'm not planning anything [actually not sarcasm], I'm also leaving this to him as well. Emotional investment though? Probably. [Yes.])
Regarding his relationship with Kiaane, I think it's just that I'm insecure. I like both of them a lot for basically no reason so xD I'm just never sure. I want to make sure that he gets something positive out of his relation with them, even if it's only a little thing. But at the same time, I conflict with myself because they're also not the best person for that. At all.
It's funny 'cause yesterday in the very early morning, I was looking at some of our old posts, and back then I said I wasn't sure what I felt about Martin except for a degree of sympathy. So it seems like me liking him wasn't as instantaneous as I'd initially thought, and my liking for him might have come from considering his character more or because of Kiaane, the latter of which is kind of...I don't know how to feel about it, to be honest. I know it doesn't really show, but Kiaane appreciates his attitude towards them and how he's willing to put up with them, and of course he was also the one to really initiate the second attempt to "revive" them; that's something they know of as well. But both of them don't seem like they'll be able to actually know each other better in either scenario you listed. For the "bad end," I imagine Martin would start to act more and more like the other Thaohals (even if he doesn't want to) until he actually becomes something like the individual Kiaane initially perceived him as, which means there wouldn't be those nice moments in a kitchen anymore. And for the "good end," he'd also leave, like Ryoo, and Kiaane wouldn't be able to follow. I'm getting kinda teary-eyed again xD.
But back to the present, I suppose I just feel really bad because even though I like them interacting together, I know that Kiaane's not the best character to be there for him, even as just a friend, and that drives me crazy (in addition to all the future speculation stuff, lol). And then, I feel like I might be imposing because if you really look at it practically speaking, there really isn't anyone else for Martin to really form a relationship with. He's a kid and basically stuck in a guild that doesn't accept him, and so most of the guild doesn't care for him. Kiaane might be better than those people, but that doesn't mean they're actually good. Putting aside how hard it is to interact with them for a second (which I can't help, by the way, I'm really sorry. Oof. I'll try to coordinate with you more on their thread later as well), I just sometimes get really bothered by the fact that aside from Kiaane, there really isn't a choice that Martin can make in terms of who he interacts with. And that just feels so unfair both to him and to his roleplayer (you).
I'm sorry, this is so overly emotional xD (though I guess this was also in some prior posts that I forgot to apologize for in). I guess overall it's just this looming sense of irony I get. I'm really passionate about their relationship, but then I realize that Martin doesn't really have a choice, and so me being so fervent about expanding their relationship is just me being forceful and pressing my will on him, almost taking advantage of his circumstances in a way. I really wish that he'd have more of a choice or even that I could know that he'd want to be friends with Kiaane even if he already had other friends. But I guess that's mostly impossible and that I shouldn't be thinking that way so often.

All of that said, I am glad to hear that you like the relationship. And speaking more logically (or something like that), Kiaane's character definitely plays a part into this. In the other pairs, there wasn't a problem coming from my character's personality, but for this pair it is. I feel really bad for it, I really do, but they kinda just ended up this way and I can't change it now.
I mean, at the very basic, there is no way I shouldn't feel bad about a little kid needing to accommodate for another kid twice his age because the older kid does not act appropriately in terms of social conduct. And then, again, I remember that in another world, he could've not needed to do this and walked away instead, and added to me appreciating him being nice to a teenager everything just gets emotional again lol
On this topic, if you want Kiaane's view of Martin, just let me know and I can write up something super cringe. Actually, in general, if you ever want relationships info from my side, just let me know. I'm just offering for Kiaane specifically 'cause they don't express themselves well at all and also I apparently want to be oh-so-vague on their page lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 24, 2022 01:53:30  #6733

To close up this extreme barrage of posts (I think this sort of thing might need a name (': ), I'm glad it was fun to respond so now despair at this new pile of posts lol. Behold the product of my lack of consideration for others!
No problem on F/DA planning. As with the new character mentioned (relating to Dion's past), it actually might be better for live chat (maybe easier on you as well if I break it up in chunks that way), but I do express my ideas better this way, so either way works.
I'm sorry if that was offensive. It was meant to be a joke that related back to the American stereotype of homeschoolers being socially inadequate (from my understanding, people here will nod and think that awkwardness makes sense for homeschoolers specifically). But I definitely did not relay the reference being a stereotype clearly enough, so I do apologize.
I was technically homeschooled for a little while too, so do rest assured that if I meant that as an insult, it'd pan back to me somehow.
Anyways, I hope you have a good night lol. Thanks for bearing with me in terms of roleplaying and this chat thread. I really appreciate it.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 24, 2022 03:43:14  #6734

(Coming back 2 hours later be like)

I have a bunch of stuff in my head rn but I just wanted to point out how Dion's name can be a pun
"Nooo Dion't do it"

Anyways have a good day

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 24, 2022 07:26:09  #6735

I'm surprised I haven't used that pun in this forum before, cause I tend to label a lot of my Dion files as "Dion't" haha (the original image from which I took my current pfp is named Dion't for some reason)
"Dion't do it"

Thank you for the 5000-ish words for me to reply to :')
And thanks for clarifying it was a stereotype reference, cause I got really surprised by the fact that I thought you wholeheartedly believed in the stereotype, which isn't really like you. No hard feelings, just wish you'd said that earliler heh.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ
pjytlñhfñksfjgnm dfmghkdhldk

June 24, 2022 18:25:01  #6736

Oh, that was 5000+ words? Didn't feel like it. Though I do have to say, some of those portions didn't feel like they warranted huge responses, so that's good news for you, maybe. Gotta keep up the English reading for college, after all~ (jk my horrible conventions here will sabotage you more than anything)
Anyhow, no problem :D lemme know if you want more since I have so many thoughts on my mind rn lol

The stereotype is kinda like saying all public school kids are stupid which, although is true for me, is not true for all of us lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 24, 2022 18:46:33  #6737

Yeah dw I will reply to everything I consider I should reply to. And by all means, please do write more. I love communicating and thinking up replies is fun for me even though I suck at using language.
You have all the weekend to type up things btw, I'll be too focused on other things to reply to anything longer than a few lines or rp threads.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

June 24, 2022 18:51:59  #6738

I think I should show some restraint. I do have a document of my own that I can jot things down on, anyhow, so it's not like I'd be holding stuff in without a way of expressing it.
Good luck studying!

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 26, 2022 23:47:49  #6739

This is unrelated to the previous posts
Can I have permission to include Sunny in the Genshin AU I'm headcanoning for my characters? I'd feel kinda weird having Sollux in that universe without her brother, so I thought I could at least do a little bit of headcanon for Sunny as a bg character for Lux.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

June 27, 2022 00:38:13  #6740

Sure, but you're not allowed to kill him off :') and I do say this with a "please" added :')

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 27, 2022 08:18:06  #6741

Oh yeah don't worry I wasn't thinking of that anyways.
Tbh the only dead people related to Sollux are probably Paymon and Xenia :')

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

June 27, 2022 18:31:09  #6742

Yeah sure, I'll leave it at that for now

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 1, 2022 22:45:44  #6743

Hi, could you send me a loose outfit reference for F/DA Lancer? I absolutely suck and will not show this sketch to you but I need to give her some clothes :')
Thank you :')

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 2, 2022 20:37:27  #6744

Ahh yikes let me dig up the sketches I have of her for a description.
Her outfit isn't 100% designed yet so yeah you're all free to put some imagination into it :D

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

July 2, 2022 20:45:09  #6745

My imagination: cool boots

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 2, 2022 21:11:35  #6746

Oh sure if you think that looks cool on her then go ahead! I haven't tested that out because I know Germaine prefers sandals, but I'm having a hard time making something that goes with that lol.

Anyways, referencing one of the attempts I consider to look the best:
She wears a purple sleeveless dress to mid-thigh. Over that, something kinda like a sleeveless lilac coat that is joined together only halfway at the back (the front is like an open long vest). There's her usual unattached sleeves in purple with silvery swirl lines on the forearm area. All of the mentioned have silver lines on the external borders. Adding to that, Lancer also has indigo leggings that connect directly with sandals, probably being a single item. These have the same markings as the sleeves but on the sandal part. Tie it all together with a plain black belt, and two thinner ones above and under her chest. Keep in mind she's kinda busty so uh, yeah there's that.
Other than that, she keeps her regular genetics. I want to note she carries her hair  in a main large braid and a thin one on each side of her face.
You can add antlers if you want, but I'm not 100% sure if I'm gonna include that in her final design or not so yep.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

July 2, 2022 21:20:57  #6747

I like to think that she's like Chiron and masks her antlers in normal Grail Wars, since the antlers are technically vital information when it comes to discovering her identity.
Okay, let's see how I can butcher that information. Thanks!

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 2, 2022 21:22:18  #6748

Also I am too lazy to change her hairstyle sketch despite it being intentionally simple, so she's gonna have the long flowy hair that I seem so biased towards lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 4, 2022 07:59:55  #6749

Oh it's okay, I'm sure she can let it loose as well haha.
About the antlers, I was also considering Chiron's case as reference but I wasn't completely sure. Thanks to your opeinion though now I know. Thank you.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

July 4, 2022 17:18:39  #6750

No problem, though I really didn't do anything lol.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera