GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 4, 2022 13:37:13  #31

Re: Shapes and Colors and Nonsense idk- Echo's Art Thread

I can't explain HOW LONG it took me to decide an eye color for her

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

July 4, 2022 18:25:32  #32

Oh man I can't believe I missed this but thank you for drawing Laurie, she looks great! as well as the rest of your skethces and drawings, I always like seeing the designs you do and all.
I have to highlight how much I like Cosette's design! I feel the colors go really well together and I think she looks a little bit like a zombie, but I like her aesthetic. Btw that last image looks great as a meme format lol

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ
pjytlñhfñksfjgnm dfmghkdhldk

July 5, 2022 00:26:15  #33

Welc XD

Tbh I was trying to make her colors more vibrant and less brown/muddy, as well as I chose lighter colors to play more into the stereotypical elf design (pale skin, near white hair, hella tall, ect), although I def see how she looks like a zombie XD (altho tbh if I was to design a zombie, they would probably have greyed/ashy skin with yellowing/jaundice). I tried to match her aesthetic slightly with Genesis', although I try to base Genesis to be more scene and/or emo while I think with Cosette I will try to do more of a gothic lolita look, kinda like Misa from Deathnote maybe? Tbh I'm not exactly sure what Cosette's style will be yet other than her hair XD

I based the meme-y type drawing from this text post that popped up on my Pinterest:

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

July 5, 2022 16:14:36  #34

"Hyde, this is the fifth shirt this week- I don't think I can keep doing this."

"SMILE! BLEEEH!"

MuRDER TiME

I'm Sorry I committed crimes, pls Respond

"If anyone has an idea, raise your hand"

*Hyde raises hand very excitedly*

*Hektor looks through his meeting notes* "If your plan is 'Stab the Problem', put your hand down"

*Hyde is disappointed*

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

July 8, 2022 18:39:09  #35

It's suppose to be a creepy possessed HPA!Spec but I got lazy and refused to search through my phone for clothing and hair reference

Francis' head is suppose to be disproportionate to his body due to how skinny he is but I kinda messed up even that and made his head too big (or is his body too small?)

Cosette doodle

Echo's design in my inner world is a bit different physical-wise and scar-wise than GGaD, she's a lot more boney and thin, and her scars are more like huge spots around her wrists, ankles, and neck where skin had been scraped off and just recovered, as well as some other scars on her body. I still can't get her face right, for some reason

I'm not sure what Alma's face shape is anymore

Apollo doodle

Genny side view that reminds me of Fate G/O

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

July 10, 2022 08:15:28  #36

HPA Silence. In my head I redesigned them and instead of a weird shirt crop top, they just wear their shirt open

I haven't thought of this Saint Seiya AU for a while XD anyway, here is Alexe, Rosa, and Adrestia

I don't like how it turned out but here is HPA Sollux art. Originally it was going to be a magazine cover but then I didn't do that

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

July 10, 2022 15:01:04  #37

I'm sort of in stitches right now because I made a drawing a ways back (not posted obviously) with a character doing the same pose with their left hand compared to HPA!Silence and they could not be more different
Also to that Sollux art, Sunny (HPA him) says: "Thanks, I hate her" and xD

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

July 10, 2022 15:03:52  #38

XD I had so much trouble drawing their hands I'm ngl

@HPA Sunny: UwU <3 XD

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

July 14, 2022 19:23:36  #39

His clothes are very thick because he's cold often. Instead of getting his clothes fitted, his father just ordered a random size. Much to Francis' relief, the clothes hide how boney and scrawny he really is. Francis keeps saying he'll fix the clothing to fit him right, but at most he accidentally made his pant's cuffs too short, but at least he isn't tripping over them anymore! Francis' resting face always seems to look slightly sad or slightly serious. In this AU, he looks a bit more like his mother, although I forgot to add his freckles in these sketches XD so he actually has freckles, as well as his lips aren't as thin and his face shape is a bit different. He still has his father's slightly upturned nose and big, purple eyes with a beauty mark. Francis likes to wear his little hat, it use to be his mother's. He doesn't remember a lot about her

I tried REALLY hard on making Malaika's burn scars look like burn scars TwT I failed. Anyway, from being burned, part of her nose and her lower lip are a bit deformed. Originally I was going to have her wear light pink eye shadow under her eyes but it looked too similar to the scars, so for now she has light blue eye shadow. This might change to sparkly gold eyeshadow. She paid extra to customize her sleeves to be super long, most of her body is very scarred up from burns. I forgot to re-add some of the line work on her nose to get more of the outline of it, RIP. I imagine she wears black leggings under her skirt just to be extra safe in hiding her skin. I mostly imagine she's insecure about her scars

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

July 14, 2022 19:40:55  #40

Is the skirt a reference to one of the canon characters? (I can't remember names for the life of me)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 14, 2022 19:54:58  #41

I think you might be talking about Peko, who also wears leggings under her skirt in the game? I didn't really base much of Malaika's outfit on any canon characters tbh XD I mainly thought of how a lot of religions are really modest, or at least the more conservative strict ones are (like the church I went to). I actually kind of wanted to base her more on Angie (DR V3) and Toko (DR V1 and UDG, who also has a long skirt in the games), although in the end I didn't really use them as references XD

Now that I think about it, she kinda does look like Toko, although Malaika's doesn't have all of her hair in a braid and Malaika's skirt is longer, maybe I did that unconsciously XD although the idea to have Malaika have DID came from Toko/Genocide Jack

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

July 14, 2022 20:05:10  #42

Oh yeah, I was talking about Toko.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 14, 2022 21:24:22  #43

Ope XD I mean, you were close with the question

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

July 14, 2022 23:54:49  #44

OKAY so Wiley redraw of a Wiley drawing I think I did around two years ago??? Idk

Anyway, the new one I wanted to be creepier but honestly it's hitting a little too close to uncanny valley,,, anyway, new one took three hours and seventeen minutes and the old one took an hour and a half

Also here are some pictures of the sketch and then the base colors I did along the way

Edit: also why was this pose so hard to draw TwT

Last edited by Echo (July 14, 2022 23:55:31)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

July 16, 2022 03:20:37  #45

Another redraw, my dears <3 I like that you can tell how much my face shapes and noses have improved XD I actually drew the old piece back last year on the Fourth of July iirc XD

Version without static and blood on the camera screen

I spent WAY too long trying to figure out what younger me did to get that lighting and turns out it was two "add" layers! Good note for future me

Edit: old art's hands are better but we'll ignore that, I should have made the hands bigger but it's fine

Last edited by Echo (July 16, 2022 03:26:22)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

July 18, 2022 01:32:16  #46

I hate how much I enjoyed drawing something so Christmas themed

As you can see, I took,,, A Lot,,, of creative libraries XD such as color palette and also I made the candy cane HUGE. On the candy cane is suppose to be tinsel attaching the giant star (which I like to HC is a piece of chocolate covered in foil, same with the other star attached to his belt). I tried to make his bow resemble mistletoe, and I also gave him pointed elf boots with bells. I also gave him a tooth gap in an attempt to make him look younger, and tbh I think he looks cute. I HC his candy cane is watermelon flavored, also I HC the fluffy star on his hat can change faces depending on Galaxian's mood, but it usually stays at an "uwu" expression. I also gave him some mits uwu not because I was failing at hands or anything,,, haha,,,

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

July 18, 2022 17:39:32  #47

The candy cane does turn big during one of his attack animations, so that's all good. In fact, the one here is smaller than how it is at its biggest (the actual huge size is like a king-sized candy cane he can ride, and there's no way he could hold something like that with his hands)
He also canonically wears gloves/mittens so that's also fine lol

Also on that Alois redraw, I'm sorry but I never know what to say when you draw body horror :') (or when anyone draws body horror in general)
I think I lack a sense of appreciation for the horror genre or something.

And thank you for the Wiley redraw! It indeed borders the uncanny valley at the very least :')
I think I'd suggest not relying on the teeth for a creepy vibe when you're not drawing all-out horror, but I haven't really explored the horror genre too much so I might be wrong

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 18, 2022 18:38:33  #48

Oh yay! I kinda did okay! XD

XD it's okay, horror is not for everyone. I'm just weird and think it's cool and have an obsession/it has become a coping mechanism for me

You're welcome! :D
Idk, I think mouths are creepy and like to rely on it. Imo the horror genre really just relies on off-putting things, and mouth/teeth horror creeps me out so that's what I try to put effort in the most. Eyes too, but I think the lack of detail of Wiley's eyes is what is giving the uncanny valley look, so I hope to achieve that again someday XD,

Edit: spelling error

Last edited by Echo (July 18, 2022 19:49:03)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

July 18, 2022 21:50:09  #49

I can't believe I forgot to add my drawing of Hyde to my response smh, anyway here it is:

It's suppose to be a sorta mix between Fate G/O Hyde and the musical version of Hyde uwu

The lyric is from "Alive", which is from the musical. Originally I was going to put "It's the feeling of being Alive, it's the feeling of being Edward Hyde" but I didn't have a lot of room to work with XD

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

July 20, 2022 17:35:59  #50

I did a bunch of redraws of old sketches. Btw I didn't spend a lot of time on the redraw sketches so that's why they don't have thick lines like the old ones and also why they aren't ~glamorous~

Old sketch: 2021 iirc?

With Genny, I tried to make xyr legs thin and I made his feet smaller than they should be to sorta show more of xyr legs being weak and sorta not fitting with the top half of his body (which I muscular). I also have a HC that xe only wears chunky boots for photoshoots or for very VERY short amount of time because shoes actually hurt her feet really badly, and Genny only really wears really thin flats or just doesn't wear shoes. Like even on-stage xe doesn't wear shoes or will at most wear thin socks because of having to move around a lot on stage with boots or tennis shoes would probably make them not be able to walk for multiple days after

Old sketch: 2020

I also tried to do foreshortening for the new one but I think I sorta failed TwT

Old sketch: 2021? Anyway, the redraw isn't that good and I was struggling fr when drawing it but also as said before: I didn't spend a lot of time drawing it XD

Old sketch: 2020

Old sketch: I want to say it's 2021? I think it may have been, idk

Yipee

Edit: extra info

Last edited by Echo (July 20, 2022 17:37:25)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

July 20, 2022 18:02:03  #51

It's always neat to compare art to old art and I can clearly see the improvement. I do like the expressions from your old art more because they were more cartoony but that's just personal opinion. Also lately you've been drawing people pretty chubby? 

Btw that one drawing of Silence from earlier absolutely rocks, I love the clothing aesthetic and the color palette! Ty for drawing Lux as well hehe

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ
pjytlñhfñksfjgnm dfmghkdhldk

July 21, 2022 12:23:25  #52

The curse of my art improvement is that I worked so much on anatomy that I now have to rework doing expressions because I lost my ability to draw emotions XD

Explanation on that XD:
Okay so the one of Alma in a skirt was an accidental chubby, the one of the "the wind told me" is more accurate to his body type. When I was drawing Alma in the skirt, I was having a lot of trouble with his anatomy and gave up trying to remember how the torso connects to the rest of the body (I didn't have wifi so I couldn't use references). Technically, I think anyway, Alma would have a bit of a stomach due to how his hips and thighs are shaped/are bigger, but you can tell I struggle to draw him XD. I think I told you this before, but Alois is suppose to be a sorta chubby-muscular body type, and I actually sorta tried to reference a person I saw who is really muscular but also chubby (but like I said, no wifi so I couldn't do much referencing other than my mind), adding on with that with people who are chubby-muscular, abs don't really show unless your flexing. Also I'm just really bad at drawing muscle and I'm really bad at drawing Alois XD. Silence and Apollo both are suppose to be thicker built but I'm back and forth on if Silence's abs show or not, I try to make their abs slightly apparent but tbh they usually end up as chubby because Yeah. Also I guess it's just me trying to relate to my characters more by making them more similar to IRL me (although I lost quite a bit of weight, I'm still pretty chubby so yeah). I hope that's a good explanation? I can elaborate more on specific things if you want to ask XD I'm not good at explaining things. Maybe simply put: I'm trying to figure out my OCs proportions more realistically? I'm still pretty bad at anatomy XD also I literally just today figured out how stomachs work by drawing Fate G/O Phantom of the Opera so that's something to think about XD

Thank uwu, every version of Silence seems to have the best color palettes XD also welc uwu I feel like I didn't give her beauty justice now that I'm looking at it TwT

Edit: extra info

Last edited by Echo (July 21, 2022 12:24:08)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

July 24, 2022 17:06:56  #53

When you finally take pictures of your stupid Fate GO crack doodles. Btw almost all the designs are from memory

Hektor trying to hit Hyde off the ceiling fan

Hyde and Rama fighting over the Xbox

Rama about to GET Hyde

Beserker O.E.D and Sita having tea together

Dr. Roman being verrry passive aggressive towards Dr. Jekyll  ("Why experimenting on your is medical malpractice, presentation by Dr. Roman")

The P.o.t.Opera being too polite to interrupt Paris, who is a complete chatterbox. Alternatively, the Phantom really likes to listen to people ramble and is a verrry good listener

The P.o.t.Opera watching Mozart play piano

A P.o.t.Opera doodle and a low quality detailed sketch side by side

He listening to music

Children hiding under his cape, he doesn't mind

Bunyan painting the P.o.t.Opera's nails while Paris does his makeup

The Phantom singing happily after the little makeover

The P.o.t.Opera: Who made this child cry"
Enkidu: *Ready to maim*

Person: Tell the difference between these two pictures: *child servants, that which most have adult minds and are just set into child bodies* *actual children*
The P.o.t.Opera and Enkidu: That's the same picture.
At first Gilgamesh doesn't really understand how to take of children but slowly gets the hang of it, he isn't as much of a pushover like the Phantom and he's able to entertain children a bit better than Enkidu. The main reason he joined in was because Enkidu was like "Well, I bet you probably wouldn't be that good with children-" and Gilgamesh wasn't having that. Also because of Gil being a workaholic, he's just constantly looking for something to do and children can be really hyper so they are constantly providing something to do

The children dress them up

Random doodles of the three, I just think it's funny to draw Gilgamesh shorter than them

"Bravo! Bravo! Such a wonderful voice!"

Rama reminds me of a cat for some reason

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

July 26, 2022 00:51:52  #54

I designed them and gave them my HC heights for them

It's kinda hard to see because the sketches are just so busy but the clothes are super baggy on Hyde XD I also changed some of my HC for them but it's fine

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

July 26, 2022 17:44:59  #55

I usually see the posts here btw, just dunno how to respond lol
I find it interesting how this iteration of Jekyll would be much taller than Mordred, who iirc calls him Bean Sprout or something like that
Also is Hyde doing the dead Yu Mei-ren pose lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 26, 2022 17:56:31  #56

She can now call him Bean Stalk instead XD

Yes XD I wanted to make it more clear that he isn't exactly there but more or less just talking to Jekyll from The Void so I made him do the ghost pose and blurred him a bit XD

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

August 1, 2022 14:12:07  #57

Forums Silence is so pretty wjfnkwkckksf

OKAY SO I HAVE SOME MORE FORUMS HITAN HEADCANONS BECAUSE I REDESIGNED HIM AGAIN (sorry GalaxE, he's just so fun to draw)

So I like to imagine that facing forward, his scarf gives off the illusion of a bow, but from other angles you can tell it's a scarf with the ends tied

I also like to think he tells strangers to "fear not" but for some reason it actually makes him much more intimidating. It's probably the way he says it

He also wears gloves (kinda hard to see in the doodle) for the sole purpose of not leaving finger prints. I feel like Rai suggested it or something at one point and Hitan was like "owo okay!"

So anyway, I'm really glad I re-did his colour pallette because this version looks so much better. Also while I was colouring his boots, I could hear Forums Silence sigh "him and his (censor)ing golden boots..."

I like to think Silence embroidered gold to his scarf and shirt(dress? Really long shirt? Idk Silence designed it, I wanna say it's a really long shirt). The part tied around his shirt also makes a bow in the back, which is probably embroidered too. I kinda wanted to make his sleeves resemble bells (because I connect bells with church and angels) but I didn't make them gold because it looked weird so I kept them being green

Alma <3 some concept doodles I drew of early morning him. Also kinda concept of him with facial hair <3

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

August 1, 2022 20:39:43  #58

Is that Alma drawing the one you were referring to on your roleplaying thread?
Also nice more forum!Silence refs I'm never gonna use

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

August 1, 2022 22:21:40  #59

Bancmqkkcka yeah XD I forgot what I posted for a second there

XD mood, I don't draw her enough. Is this a request to draw her more? XD she's so pretty wjfnwmkcksf

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

August 3, 2022 23:52:00  #60

Okay but for some reason Wiley's face kills me XD you can tell I got lazier and lazier after each sketch

Edit: Forgot to explain that I wanted to try different expressions and slightly different angles for them. Originally I was just going to draw different expressions I think Dion would make but then I was like "Nah" and added the other three

Wiley's is more goofy because I draw him so much that I felt like he needed a funnier expression

Edit (again): Also Wiley could be looking at Raez in disgust because the orange part of Raez's hair is brighter than his

Last edited by Echo (August 6, 2022 11:22:26)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

Board footera