HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 12, 2022 20:06:39  #91

Re: [@Eliza; Past Thread] Absolutely zero funny business here.

"Sort of." Eny said. "The amulet maker who made this one agreed to let us keep some of the money in exchange for selling their wares for them, but they set the price, not us." 

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

April 12, 2022 20:19:20  #92

They listen intently and then eventually say, "They are using overpriced materials. Considering their craft..." 
Kiaane trails off, perhaps trying to think of better alternatives. Maybe the materials they're personally thinking of are rare? No, they aren't. So maybe they're less known among professional creators. Or maybe there's something lacking in their knowledge? They can't think of the gaps that might exist at the moment.
Yay, more awkward silence to patch.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

April 12, 2022 20:27:41  #93

"I've heard from my parents that the seller sometimes take years to craft an amulet," Eny said carefully, "and that sometimes the materials are hard to come by. They try very hard to maintain their anonymity, so I can't tell you who they are." I think this is her way of trying to help explain why the amulet is so expensive, or, from Kiaane's perspective, so overpriced.

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

April 12, 2022 21:20:24  #94

Sounds sus, not gonna lie.
They center their gaze again, having let their sight wander to the side while thinking. But they're still thinking, so they don't do as good of a job on centering it as before. 
"To be clear," they say, using a transition for once, "there is little problem with the...currency amount. But there exists a value problem." They finally pick the amulet back up to do what she requested a little prior--take out whatever magic they inserted, that is. This time, they're with enough common sense to turn it away from her so she doesn't have to see the process.  
"This material is better used for magic that needs not conductivity," they state as they finish the process and put the amulet back, gingerly, into the box. They're trying to sound a little apologetic, but it is Not Working. They're honestly already trying their hardest. 
"...is it possible to relay a message?" they ask, a conclusion of sorts. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 13, 2022 07:54:04  #95

Eny shrugged, sliding the box across the counter to her. "Don't know. I can try, but he only comes in once a year to give us his wares before leaving. To make more amulets and stuff, probably."

April 15, 2022 19:54:47  #96

("her" xD)

They nod to indicate their understanding.
"Will return with a letter," they tell her, apparently heading out now. Guess they don't want to risk making a paper with their magic and triggering all the alarms in the vicinity.
Wait, Kiaane, you're messing up the order of things to do,,, 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 15, 2022 20:15:56  #97

(gskdhflhakgfjhla I meant herself)

Eny shrugged and started putting everything back where they belonged. She wasn't sure what to do about the twine, though. Maybe someone else would want it, even if it was already cut.

Board footera