GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 9, 2022 06:35:19  #1

If around 55 trees fall in a forest, will anyone hear them?

It's possible. It's even more possible when those same trees are rapidly regrown through the use of magic. Where is this rapid deforestation coming from? Why, the one and only Ark Angel, of course. He's standing in a forest clearing, holding his scythe, and staring at what looks like a tarot card, that's playing a single image over and over. "Hmmmmmm. Hm. So it was more like a..." He whips his scythe out to the side, crouches down, then appears to spin on one leg while also spinning the scythe. One moment, he's surrounded by forest. The next, several trees have fallen, and he's staring at the card again.

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

March 9, 2022 11:41:23  #2

Re: If around 55 trees fall in a forest, will anyone hear them?

"Can you stop with the deforestation?" Time asks. If Ark looks up from the card, he'll see Time appeared, sitting on the remains of a tree.

Last edited by Time (March 9, 2022 11:42:06)

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

March 9, 2022 12:51:26  #3

Ark does look up from his card. "Don't worry, I'm regrowing them after I destroy them. Mostly." Ark swipes the air, and a line of cards appear, each with images playing on them. He puts the first card back, then takes another one, and makes the others vanish. "So, what are you doing here?"

Axel
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

March 9, 2022 14:21:07  #4

"What are you doing here?" Time asked back, "You're the one blowing up trees. We could be by the Clocktower, and I'm just investigating, you know."

He stood up from the tree and walked more to the side, out of the way of the blast radius of what Time assumes Arks next magical action.

Time

March 11, 2022 09:00:35  #5

"I'm going through a list of all of the spells and attacks I've seen."  Ark looks around suddenly. "Are we near the clocktower?"

Axel
I aten't dead

March 11, 2022 16:31:27  #6

"Maybe." Time crosses his arms as he shifts his position.

"Well, get on with it. I wanna see some too. I'm interested."

Last edited by Time (March 11, 2022 16:31:43)

Time

March 11, 2022 19:55:25  #7

At this moment, Chronos exploded out of a nearby bush, wheeling at top speed and screeching to a halt beside Time. She might not have all her magic back, but her extravagant certainly have made their return. She looked very interested in what Ark was doing, resting her chin in her palm.

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

March 13, 2022 06:53:17  #8

"Alrighty then." Ark looks at the card one more time, then drops it, leaving it floating in the air. He made a gun shape with his hand, then pointed it at some trees. Purple magic circles began swirling around the tip of his finger, and then they seemed to collapse into a single purple orb. He "Fired" it, and as it moved away from his hand, it gradually got bigger, and as it hit the trees, they seemed to collapse into it. "Now that's a spell."

Axel
I aten't dead

March 13, 2022 10:44:10  #9

Time acknowledged Chronos's presence with a nod and a small smile. He was glad that she was doing better, even if she didn't have all her magic back.

"Eh." Time said, trying to sound unimpressed, but I think that's just how he always has been towards Ark, "Looks kinda simple. To me. Who'd you take that from?"

"Also, what's with the cards?" He asked.

Time

March 13, 2022 19:43:08  #10

"Mortal television. That one I mixed with some things I came up with myself." Ark acknowledges Chronos's presence with a smile, then continues his explanation. "The cards are just for organization." He resummons his cards, then puts the one he just used back, and starts looking through them again."Some are copied from things I've seen people in alternate universes do, some are from stuff I've seen mortals do, or create, some are my own, and some..." Ark's smile fades for a second, and his eyes go blank. "Some I don't remember seeing. Why don't I remember that..." He stares at the ground for a few seconds, then shakes his head, and his smile returns.

Axel
I aten't dead

March 13, 2022 23:51:12  #11

"Oh. Intriguing. All of it. Really." Time nodded to affirm his own statement. Though he did keep in the back of his mind for later that Ark seems to be somewhat of a forgetful fellow when it comes to some of his cards.

"Though hey, next time you snatch a spell from an alternative universe, be sure to maybe check in with us. As time deities, that stuff also falls onto me and Chronos, yeah?"

Time

March 14, 2022 00:15:53  #12

"Me as well," Galaxian comments as he nearly falls facefirst onto the ground. He's coming from absolutely nowhere, but it looks like still no one has taught him that it isn't good to eavesdrop. Or maybe he didn't listen. Or maybe he doesn't know what eavesdropping is. 
"Also," he adds as he stumbles a bit from his entrance, "you could make your own training dummies instead of deforestatating." 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

March 14, 2022 10:39:12  #13

"Oh, don't worry about that. I'll just tell you guys the next time. Yep, that's what I'll do." Ark smiles(not at all nervously), then turns to Galaxian. "I mean, I could do that. Maybe I even should do that." He considers it for a second. "I could do that. OOOrrr, I could get somebody to spar with me!" 

Axel
I aten't dead

March 14, 2022 16:35:22  #14

"Your prospects aren't really looking very good," the kiddo remarks, all deadpan. 
His gaze flickers a bit to the side. "Or maybe you want to?" he asks Time. 
Idk, seems kinda like an excuse to try to beat up a potential someone interested in Chronos. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 14, 2022 16:51:52  #15

"Sure." Time stretches out his arms, "I haven't spared in a while. You know, with my sister being the only deity I can really spar and both of us relying on magic. So I may be a bit rusty"

Last edited by Time (March 14, 2022 16:52:22)

Time

March 15, 2022 08:21:11  #16

"Alrighty then!" Ark cracks his knuckles. "I wasn't expecting to actually fight anyone today, but I was hopeful." He smiles. "Let's do this!"

Axel
I aten't dead

March 15, 2022 08:55:22  #17

Time walks over to more of the center of the clearing, pulling out his spellbook and flipping through the pages. He looks over to Chronos, and maybe even Galaxian, "Cheer me on, yeah?" It was more of a joking question than an actual one.

Time

March 15, 2022 13:37:45  #18

"I'll start simple." Ark draws a quick magic circle, which splits into 3 different circles, which proceed to fire three lasers at Time.

Axel
I aten't dead

March 15, 2022 17:52:56  #19

Galaxian would answer, or maybe he got ignored lol, but he's mostly busy trying to pull Chronos out of range of any magic beams or future falling trees. Pull, pull, pull on the wheelchair...the wheel, but you know, it's a little hard for him to get a grip on the handles on the back. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 15, 2022 20:07:38  #20

"Hey," Time says, tossing his book aside, in which instead of falling, it drifted beside him. He created a spell circle, which easily caught the rays, "I wasn't ready." with a few hand motions, the circle rotated with the three lasers, combining them together into one, in which Time redirected back to Ark.

Time

March 16, 2022 05:17:07  #21

"Oh, so we're just playing ping pong now?" Ark summons a portal circle and hurls it at the laser, sending it into the portal to bounce around a bit. "Let's try something different, shall we?" Ark summons his scythe, then leaps forward, preparing to attack.

Axel
I aten't dead

March 16, 2022 09:58:31  #22

Time doesn't respond, as he summons his sword, but instead of using it, he tosses it into the air, and kicks it, sending it flying towards Ark.

Behind it, he comes rushing, magic spells in hand, ready to release as soon as Ark reacts to the sword.

Time

March 17, 2022 12:36:39  #23

"That's quite tricky! I wasn't expecting that!" Ark smiles wider. He spins his scythe and throws it into the air in front of the sword, then suspends it in midair, so it continues spinning. He then fires three quick bolts of energy at Time. "But I was expecting not to expect something, so it doesn't count."

Axel
I aten't dead

March 17, 2022 15:27:34  #24

As soon as Ark threw his scythe, Time sent out his own magical blots of energy, which countered Ark's.

Time's sword clanged against the scythe, sending it flying into the dirt.

Time quickly flashed back away from Ark. Pulling his spellbook near as it flipped through pages. He took a quick glance at it, and focused back on Ark.

He places his hands together, and quickly, with a glow of a large magical circle from under his feer, generates a large, spinning disk of magical energy. He winds back with his body and launches it towards Ark.

Last edited by Time (March 17, 2022 15:28:48)

Time

March 17, 2022 16:36:41  #25

Galaxian pulls Chronos (and her wheelchair, by her wheelchair) next to a bush, where he stops, huffs briefly, and then resumes spectating the fight.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 17, 2022 20:41:57  #26

"Oh, hey Galaxian!" Chronos said, gently patting the child/being on the head before turning her attention to the fight.

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

March 18, 2022 00:09:22  #27

(Oh, sorry for doing this sort of specification, but chronologically I would say that Nagesh hasn't met Time yet or just hasn't been employed yet. Is that okay with you two, @Time and Eliza? 'Cause if the above isn't true, I need to add in Nagesh xD. I'm just not too sure how to place the timing of the thread, since it's said that Chronos "may not have all of her magic back [but etc., etc.]," and I have no confirmation on the degree of her magic recovery when Nagesh entered the Clocktower, lol.)

The narrator loves how long it took for her to notice her wheelchair was, in fact, not moving by itself.
"Hi," he responds plainly, though he doesn't quite react as stiffly as the singular, not-very-enthusiastic word might suggest. He's turned at least a shade paler--his variation of a blush, if you recall it. He doesn't mind being patted on the head but isn't used to it, after all.
He was about to ask her something else (generic, but still), but decides not to talk after noticing her focusing on the fight. He makes an extra effort to clamp down any words that might've leaked out otherwise and continues standing next to her.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

March 18, 2022 00:51:55  #28

((I mean, I don't really mind. iirc, Nagesh is to hang around Chronos until she has her full strength back, so I'm fine with that. Right? Hbu Eliza?))

Time

March 18, 2022 10:57:08  #29

((I don't mind lol))

March 21, 2022 05:51:59  #30

(ok)

Ark, in response to Time's disc of destruction, fires three small discs of his own. They start beeping and glowing as they approach the disk, and then they explode.

Last edited by ThreePunchAxel (March 21, 2022 05:54:41)

Axel
I aten't dead

Board footera