GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 10, 2022 15:55:14  #7771

Re: Cosmic Dim. (V. XVIII), You're Correct but You're Not Right

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Yeah they did spark reform movements...but only on the food quality for the most part xD. For the working conditions, it took labor unions, a few decades later. Which is why he probably had a crisis from the public response. Lol xD

-Galaxian-

Well it's a few steps at a time, always. I would consider the food quality reforms to be a great victory already

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

February 10, 2022 18:32:57  #7772

For the consumer public? Yes. But the point is, that's not what he was aiming for. He inadvertently helped the wrong group of people.
Essentially, Sinclair was aiming to help the most needy--the laboring class, especially those who lived in meat processing factories like the ones he experienced. But he instead ended up helping the middle class more. 
Increased standards for food processing does not equal better treatment for workers. It actually causes more burden for them.
So, yes. Was there improvement? Yeah. But he accidentally put even more burden to them. In addition to having to worry about falling into vents and getting steamed alive, now they also had to think about food quality standards. And if they didn't live up to those standards, they'd just have one more reason to be fired by management.
Did the reform cause inconvenience for the upper management? Yes. Was adding whatever the heck they added to meats disgusting? Also yes. The reform was obviously a good thing. But it would've been much better if it happened alongside improvement in working conditions. As it was, it was just an example of utmost irony.

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

February 10, 2022 20:18:45  #7773

So patriotic as a Not-Canadian that I feel like the American flag half pollutes the Canadian flag half.
Image sourced from The New York Times

I was originally gonna say something else (and it was mean) but I've decided not to. Rejoice.

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

February 10, 2022 20:24:36  #7774

As an update, someone tried to break into our house again a week or so ago, so I've been sleeping downstairs. 
The other day while sleeping on the couch, I dreamt that Akuma was breaking in through the downstairs window. In the dream, I stared at the window and said (while being terrified), "I know you're there."
It slung a leg through the window, smiled brightly, and said, nonchalantly, "I know."
I actually got scared awake for the first time in 6 years or so. Woke up in a cold sweat for the first time and immediately checked the window. Thank the gods for it being around 5 A.M. or so; I think I would've gotten terrified if there wasn't any light coming through the window.
"Of course you know I'm coming in to kill you," it basically said, not caring at all.
I hate Akuma.

Look, I've dreamt about the A.A. under a lamppost with a knife, but Akuma crawling through the window while not being bothered by you knowing it's there at all is much worse.
I did know it was a dream, thankfully, or else I might've had a heart attack once I woke up. So I got out of it in time. Imagine if it trapped me there, though.

As for today, I think I dreamt about some F/DA characters, but I literally can't remember anything about the dream. When the Servants aren't fighting they're surprisingly chill

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

February 10, 2022 20:47:02  #7775

I wouldn't say just the middle class, everyone eats those meats. And the workers were already always under the threat of being fired, they were extremely replaceable at that time.

But yeah. Sure I agree with you on the last point. But that's the thing, you know. The world would be much better if all the stuff happened at once and everyone was ok with it, but you know how it is.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

February 10, 2022 22:45:48  #7776

Without researching meat prices at the time, I dunno how affordable they were, but referencing my own family background, I know that the poor rarely can afford meats, which is why I made the claim I did. Maybe not the most veritable, considering Industrial Age America was probably unlike China in some major ways, but there we go.
As clarification for the employment termination, I meant that adding standards without increasing their rights just meant one more thing to fire them over. Though, maybe being fired for not keeping up with standards was less likely than being severely injured on the job. Wouldn't surprise me.

Yeah, like the civil rights movement and its activists having to work generations lol. says the guy who, in Nationstates, basically made a dictatorship. Yes, everyone is happy and all, but it would not work IRL. xD

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

February 11, 2022 00:15:48  #7777

Love this too much to not share xD

Also love how there's no measurements
I've never understood why Americans like using measurements so much, outside of baking.

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

February 11, 2022 15:48:20  #7778

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

I really need Burn Command Codes or a support Servant who can get her NP up quickly

Guess who got~ a Burn Command Code~ for Yuhuan xiaojie~
Now she'll have even less trouble nearly burning down my room during Valentine's Day. Neat.

Tbh I keep hoarding random Command Codes lol
Also at some point I'll probably need more keys.
I also want to get a better Healing Command Code for Changgong at some point, but that's just a luck thing.

I gave up farming for materials. Just farming for points, if you can even call it farming.
So many chocolates I'll never use lol

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

February 12, 2022 19:51:32  #7779

This is a random thing but
You know the video game The Elevator?
(Spoilers for that lol)

And you know how the elevator girl says that she thinks the tortoise is just as bad?
I think her interpretation is flawed.
You know, because if one equates the two animals (the tortoise and the hare) to people, then it sounds more like her version of it. But as tortoises and hares actually are, the tortoise was born the way it was. It couldn't help being slow. So it couldn't help being laughed at.
Arriving at the finish line maybe wasn't because it had more merit, but it did try its very best. 
Essentially, just because someone wins due to another's arrogance doesn't make them the same type of person. That's my take.

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

February 13, 2022 18:48:55  #7780

It always feels like a "I was about to ask why people are so aggressive nowadays but then looked at history" kind of day in APUSH

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

February 13, 2022 18:51:16  #7781

Also it turns out I accidentally speedran my school's science courses
OoPs
Anyways, in all seriousness, I don't have a science course to take next year. But I have to. To graduate.
And I'm not going back to physical school until college (if I can get to college). So, that's fun.

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

February 13, 2022 18:55:51  #7782

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

It always feels like a "I was about to ask why people are so aggressive nowadays but then looked at history" kind of day in APUSH

The funny thing is that my last hope for humanity (other than the generic "there exist good people out there,,, I think,,,") was that "Hey maybe people in the past were better than us now and some of us can follow them in our education of the next generation and the current one," but then I learned that people in the past were just as bad, if not worse, and that making comparisons is a fruitless endeavor.
So, yeah.
I have things to be happy about, but my faith in humanity in general is not looking happy at the moment.

Though, the more I learn about the past, the more I can see why religious people complain about growing secularism. Not saying that they're right, 'cause honestly I don't know and am slightly inclined to believe otherwise when it comes to myself (religion =/= morals! religion =/= morals! ), but in the greater scheme of things I can see why they're concerned about the human race bounding towards hell or something like that.

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

February 13, 2022 19:01:58  #7783

Wars are just
If you can somehow forget this involved people dying and places being trampled over, it's actually kinda funny.
But that's basically impossible to do.

Like for WWI if you forget the "WW" (World War) part and just consider how eager Russia was to head into war,,, yeah, ngl, kinda hilarious.
Also the blaming Germany thing could be made into a meme.
I'll make it one day xD.

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

February 13, 2022 20:00:13  #7784

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Wars are just
If you can somehow forget this involved people dying and places being trampled over, it's actually kinda funny.

Like for WWI if you forget the "WW" (World War) part and just consider how eager Russia was to head into war,,, yeah, ngl, kinda hilarious.
I'll make it one day xD.

-Galaxian-

I looked for one for you

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Men+.ヽ(≧▽≦)ノ.+゚
lil angst gumdrop ˙˚∘⊹🦋⊹∘˚˙
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

February 13, 2022 20:02:56  #7785

WWI is a villain origin story. xD Thank you for the meme

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

February 13, 2022 20:09:07  #7786

Playing F/GO is nice 'cause I can see "Tzar Nicholas II" and I think "Grand Duchess Anastasia"
Also I think this time (1910s) is when Mata Hari's about to die.
R.I.P. both of them oof

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

February 13, 2022 20:13:04  #7787

Lesson "Sinking Ships with Americans on Them Was a Bad Idea" has been unlocked

-Galaxian-

Edit: Not as in "They'll take immediate action oh no," but as in "They'll use this as political fuel later oh no"

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

February 13, 2022 20:15:27  #7788

Echo wrote:

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Wars are just

I'll make it one day xD.

-Galaxian-

I looked for one for you

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

February 13, 2022 20:18:30  #7789

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

February 13, 2022 20:21:53  #7790

Imagine conducting one of the biggest talks (obviously not with the losers) of the century, including attending more than 1,500 meetings, and then another World War starts within a decade
The diplomats who attended both World War talks: Ah (crap) here we go again

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

February 13, 2022 20:23:20  #7791

(*WWII starts*)
The League of Nations: :/

(*Russia might be planning to invade Ukraine*)
The United Nations: :/

There will always be such a role to be filled.

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

February 13, 2022 20:26:11  #7792

Lloyd George: (*promises to "squeeze the German lemon until the pips squeak"*)

The pips squoke, all right.
I hope I bothered some of you with that sentence xDD future me too I hope

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

February 13, 2022 20:34:33  #7793

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

February 13, 2022 20:48:31  #7794

February 14, 2022 20:51:55  #7795

This is random (sorry) but I feel like Raft would be a fun game to play if we all met IRL one day
"sHaRkS aaaAAAA" "I'm bleeding out aaAAAA"
(*You all generally witnessing, speechlessly, my lack of design skill and unreasonable amount of initiative*)
And also me getting nauseous from the first person perspective.
(Yeah, so my definition of fun might be a lil skewed--)

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

February 14, 2022 21:20:59  #7796

People here near where I am keep making threats to kill and bomb places with people in them, thinking that that's liberty or something.
At this point, I'm just...not gonna comment. I'm just going to. Y'know. Leave that there.

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

February 14, 2022 21:31:18  #7797

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

This is random (sorry) but I feel like Raft would be a fun game to play if we all met IRL one day
"sHaRkS aaaAAAA" "I'm bleeding out aaAAAA"
(*You all generally witnessing, speechlessly, my lack of design skill and unreasonable amount of initiative*)
And also me getting nauseous from the first person perspective.
(Yeah, so my definition of fun might be a lil skewed--)

-Galaxian-

The entire time I'm singing sea shanties and when I get attacked by a shark I still am singing but it's high pitched, fast, and panicked, and very off-tune

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Men+.ヽ(≧▽≦)ノ.+゚

February 14, 2022 22:34:46  #7798

Galaxian and Echo: LOOK LOOK WE FOUND PLASTIC. WHAT DOES IT DO? WHAT DOES IT DO???
Time, just wanting to fish barrels out of the sea with normal people:

~

Shark: (*apparently motionless*)
Echo: That shark looks glitched
Echo: Bet I could go over there and it won't bite ;)
Specter: (*distracted because they're attempting too many things at the same time*)
Galaxian, the only one nearby, probably doing nothing useful: no bet
Echo: (*jumps into the water anyways*)
Echo: See? It doesn't move. I bet I could even take a selfie with it--AAA
Shark: (*apparently not glitched/no longer glitched*)
[The alternative is that another unglitched shark appears.]
Echo, trying to get back on board, but now their avatar is unfortunately glitching: help
Galaxian, watching: (:
Echo: Galaxian, help
Galaxian, leaning over specifically to look at Echo's Incapacitated screen after simultaneously watching their avatar sink into the ocean: (:

~

Galaxian, about to place down a chest or something smack in the middle of the ship and fill it with things that will be a pain to organize later:
Eliza, watching whilst having a designer stroke:

~

Galaxian, acting like their character (who is going delirious from hunger) is an extension of them: Give me your food. GIVE ME FOOD. GIMME. FOOD. FISHHHH.

~

Specter, the closest one to the shark trying to bite off a chunk of the ship, frantically searching for that spear they did not leave in the forefront of their inventory:

~

Russet: (*makes a random joke about something*)
Galaxian: (*brain whirring noises because they think Russet was implying that they did something horribly wrong and was thus criticizing that decision through that joke*)
Galaxian: (*is probably ): for the rest of the game session*)

~

Poking fun at most everyone through original incorrect quotes

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

February 14, 2022 23:03:50  #7799

I'm angry because you're absolutely On Point with my Hubris XD

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Men+.ヽ(≧▽≦)ノ.+゚

February 15, 2022 01:28:14  #7800

*is still frantically searching for the spear that is totally not in the front of my inventory*

Specter
Let your world be a world 
that you build with a smile!

✪˛✧ ∴ˑ ✴ ∵ ˛✧ ˑ✪

Board footera