GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 3, 2022 04:37:17  #7741

Re: Cosmic Dim. (V. XVIII), You're Correct but You're Not Right

R.I.P. event review, another one is up and I forgot what I can even update so that's cool

Anyways, Valentine's Day event!
If Echo doesn't at least get enough chocolates to speak to Hector...(: he has voiced lines (: I repeat, he has voiced lines and a gift ((((: (same goes for Paris)
I'm trying to get Changgong's lines again since last year I had the game on mute for the entire event
Kinda spoilers for Hector's lines ig

He sounds constantly sarcastic to me for whatever reason lol
And "Why didn't you stop them, Paris?" He's just as stupid as them, Hector. He probably was the one to open the gates. Troy fell once you did. At least, in Fate that's probably what happened.

The funny thing is I only have one active friend to send chocolates to (I might have another but they just started the game and never appear on the friend list), so rn I'm just kinda dishing them out to whoever has the Servants who usually help me.

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

February 3, 2022 06:31:42  #7742

OWO

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Men+.ヽ(≧▽≦)ノ.+゚
lil angst gumdrop ˙˚∘⊹🦋⊹∘˚˙
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

February 3, 2022 14:58:42  #7743

Today I woke up and just realized:
Doya was smiling her entire life, so when she got turned into a puppet, she continued smiling her confident smile.
But when Run was killed by Kurome, he never smiled as a puppet. He only kept an apathetic face.
But Wave could still tell that it was Run because when Wave and Kurome started arguing, Run stepped in between them, apathetic expression and all.
So essentially it just proves that Run's smile was entirely a front. He was never happy--at least, not since he lost his students. Doya's confidence and cheerfulness in life were genuine, even though she lost both moments before she was killed, so she kept her smile post-death; Run's smile, that thing that represented his happiness, was generally almost never true, even though he retained caring for his students and friends. Even if he could feel emotions, inside, he was just someone who kept reaching for his objectives.
So, that expression of despair he showed right before his death that faded somewhat into his state as a puppet...is implied to be one of the only genuine emotions he ever showed in front of Kurome, because in that moment, his ideals were crushed. He who had achieved his objective of avenging his students, had let go of his goal of changing the Empire, and was willing to die peacefully beside one of his friends, was killed by that friend because she was the very representation of the second goal he had failed to reach.
I fjsdifjisdojsfofs.

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

February 3, 2022 15:04:30  #7744

You guys will also never realize the sheer despair that comes from randomly waking up at 3 A.M. for your brain to inform you that it has realized that your first 15 favorite characters all died by explosions and you, Galaxian Explosion, failed to realize this until now.

I hate my brain so much.

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

February 3, 2022 16:59:09  #7745

On the topic of F/GO, the other day I brought Echo's Caster Gil so I could give them the Valentine's chocolates, and realized too late that they hecking equipped him with a Critical Star Gather Rate up CE when I was going for an Arts crit team, so R.I.P. team comp
I booted him off the team and into the backline because he was messing up all the cards' crit percentages lol. Hey, the chocolate-giving still works.
Also Paris' equipped CE is weird,,, why does he have Prisma Cosmos (automatic NP gen every turn) on without any attack buffs?
I mean I got lucky and the enemy popped a buff (thanks D'Eon) so he could get the Weakness Detected thing, but even then it was only like 90K damage with my other Servants supporting him,,, and I know he's rather low-level and a 2-star or whatever, but he's NP 5[?] and buffed so lol. In my opinion, he needs more of a attack buffing CE, maybe even something buffing his NP gain and giving him starting NP. 

Unremovable buffs don't work for his skill iirc so oof in advance for a certain Singularity if luck is bad

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

February 3, 2022 17:56:48  #7746

Thank you for the advice although I have no idea if I have a CE that does that bsbfnsjf tbh I'm pretty sure I picked out his current CE out of "idk what to give you, idk how stats work, here take this buddy. Good luck because I have no idea what I'm doing" XD

My poor team, idk how to play games like this. I just grab the characters I like and shove them in and I hope for the best

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Men+.ヽ(≧▽≦)ノ.+゚

February 3, 2022 18:28:18  #7747

High-level =/= good (actually more expensive too in terms of personal AP cost lol). There are actually some 3-star CEs that are more OP than 4 star ones, and 4-star CEs that are more OP than 5 star ones (and yeah, there are 3-star CEs that are more OP than 5-star ones too, imo). Examine the deck and playing style of a Servant and then fit on a CE that relates to their playstyle; if you don't have one, then it's better to equip even one of the most common ones or no CE at all. It's better to have someone look at your friendlist and go "Oh they don't have a CE for Caster Gilgamesh yet," as opposed to "They equipped a critical star gather rate up CE on Caster Gilgamesh,,,"
For instance, you could put Nursery Rhyme on there with a Crit boosting CE if you have one, or even just the Crit star gather rate up CE you already have, instead of putting it on Caster Gil. That is, until you find a CE that works for him, if you so wish. And since he's a Support, CEs aren't all that helpful, unless you're running a stall team. For me, I tend to put an Arts boost on him because I haven't that much use for his NP even in stall teams, so it's just a way to build Art chains when needed or to start off a chain for NP gain, but overall finding a good CE for him is not what I prioritize.
As for Prisma Cosmos, it's a CE for Servants who should spam their NP while not being a DPS. For instance, I have it on Changgong (Lanling Wang). His NP increases attack and defense and decreases the charge of enemies, so it's incredibly useful for both team buffing and delaying the most powerful attacks/NPs of enemies, while I don't make him do Brave Chains unless there's no option. So, while he gets in a few Arts cards attacks here and there, he's mostly racking up his NP through the CE.
Always feel free to ask me about F/GO gameplay lol, I suck but I've been at it for a little over a year, so I can know what I'm talking about sometimes lol.

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

February 4, 2022 15:30:33  #7748

I hope I won't have to purchase new Second Archive slots for Valentine's CEs one day 'cause I'm close enough to flat broke already
I got Bedi's Valentine's CE!! And then immediately, Tristan's.
Tristan got drunk and participated in a photo booth, so...yep! :D I have a music collection now! (lol imagining it is funny ngl)
Bedi needs to stop putting himself down always. He needs to learn to love himself.

Salieri better hecking show up, I'm telling ya. He doesn't get to pull the "I'm the Grim Reaper so stay away from me" crap,,, like no, I am hecking giving you chocolates, Avenger. Get over here.

Also I'm pretty proud of myself 'cause I improvised a three-turn farming setup on a node lol yayyyy

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

February 4, 2022 17:39:50  #7749

Today I have added two tasks to your to-do list:
-Be blinded
-Change your signature color to fit the theme (again)

Enjoy!

Once again, I have sacrificed post readability for a good-looking main page. Someone needs to kick me out of admin privileges.

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

February 6, 2022 16:07:10  #7750

I finished giving chocolates.
Now I  r e c e i v e

Ngl while giving chocolates I thought I'd be murdered on several occasions.
Probably because some of those Servants aren't actually in my Chaldea (ngl I think I want to level Darius at some point)
Male swimsuit Servants when

But I'll be feeling that even more with the female Servants so ig...
:') haha help, even in games being socially adequate has prices.

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

February 6, 2022 18:29:39  #7751

SWIMSUIT HEKTOR SWIMSUIT HEKTOR SWIMSUIT HEKTOR

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Men+.ヽ(≧▽≦)ノ.+゚

February 7, 2022 00:07:31  #7752

This might be a weird thing to think about, but I kinda think that it's sad that kids grow up to become more practical
Like, I'm not saying getting depressed at a young age is a good thing (it sucks lol), but other kids who care tend to think that they can help. And they can, kinda. Just not at the level of a professional.
But once you're older, like in middle school, the adults start telling you that if you're that friend, you're supposed to suggest your friend find a therapist/go see a psychologist/etc.
So you say something concerning and the response is just some words of concern that are said to build up to the eventual "Please go see a therapist."

Idk, for me, that sort of realism might be practical, and it might be right, but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

February 7, 2022 16:31:42  #7753

In 2021 1 in 3 Americans knew someone who'd died from COVID
Well it's 2022 and only now am I knowing people who've gotten it
They've all lived, so it's not that bad of a thing (knowing, that is), I think, compared to what it could have been.

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

February 7, 2022 18:51:08  #7754

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

So you say something concerning and the response is just some words of concern that are said to build up to the eventual "Please go see a therapist."

I don't think it needs to be that simple, ofc you say the go see a therapist but at the same time you can give them comfort or whatnot. I'm sure when it comes to that stuff the surrounding friends and whatnot of that person are the most important to getting them back in the right headspace, though I'm no psychiatrist, ofc.

Plus if you're friends you're supposed to have each other's back, so I would think a friend would give some form of comfort to another no matter the practicality.

Because if they didn't they weren't exactly a friend, or maybe they just didn't know how to react. That part is an emotional thing, not a practical thing, I think.

Last edited by Time (February 7, 2022 18:53:37)

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

February 7, 2022 20:47:18  #7755

I think I've tried to make it clear that I don't think anything is really cut-and-clear, just that if I list out all the exceptions, it would make for a pointlessly long post. I mean, I make those a lot anyways, but you know what I mean.
(There's also the point that I don't have many friends, and I think that my friendships might be quite abnormal...ehhh.)
So, I think that what I said kinda incorporates what you brought up. "Words of concern" include the attempts to comfort, and I'm not saying that it's not a valid response or an appreciated one. What I'm kind of complaining about there is that when we were younger, the aim of those comforting words was purely to try to make that person feel better at the moment. Naive? Yeah, sure, extremely. But look at the practical outlook now, where those words of comfort are aimed to try to get that person to be more comfortable with the notion of going to a therapist or whatever long-term solution (and obviously, this is only if the speaker knows the other is depressed. I mean, I don't think people just tell anyone sad to go to a therapist? It's happened before for me, but it shouldn't be the norm). It's not that the long-term solution isn't a good part of the mindset; no, what kinda rubs me the wrong way is the fact that we have to think about how to best approach conveying that solution now. It's annoying that as we grow up, we need to think more about how unaccepting someone might be towards some idea, and furthermore, we need to think about how to try to get them out of that potentially hypothetical (or not) mindset. 
See, like you brought up, I was talking about "friends," so I was excluding "fake friends" in that discussion. In the post's straightforwardness, it probably also seemed to exclude "awkward friends," but I do get it. I'm one of those, after all. In that sort of situation, I probably wouldn't know what to do, either, and wouldn't do much in the best ways. I mean, I know I'm bad at those sorts of situations. But I wasn't talking about emotions there. I was just talking (on a whim) about how mindsets evolve, and that even though it's practical and inevitable, there are ways that a more mature mindset can show that I don't like, myself.

Maybe you all have different experiences regarding this topic? Or maybe this is just another petty thing.
Again, I'm not saying that it's wrong to think the way we do. In fact, it probably will save lives in the long run. It's just that in this situation personally, I notice this sort of difference and dislike it in a very specific sense. I much prefer abruptness. 
For instance, tell me I'm stupid instead of building up a bunch of unrelated scenarios with similar logic. (Just an example, not something that someone did recently to me lol.) If you think I'm acting extremely moody, ask me: Is something wrong? Or just avoid me outright and let me know that you want a break from me. Don't go expressing your concern to a shared friend elsewhere but keep tolerating me. Tell me to "screw off, you're being a jerk" if need be. In the first case, I appreciate your concern, of course, but what if I'm not actually unhappy at the moment and instead completely take it the wrong way after coming across it? It's not wrong to go the longer way, or a curved way, but shortcuts and straight paths were invented for a reason. That's what I like to think.

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

February 8, 2022 01:29:00  #7756

Well, when you put it that way. Yeah ofc. As people grow they must think of the future. Like how one ages into adulthood, normally they start to address more and more complex things.

I think I get what you mean though. It was nicer back in the times where one didn't have to think of so much things when making someone feel better. Or how there may be some undesired conflict with social interactions.

Time

February 8, 2022 10:10:40  #7757

Yeah, I remember when I was younger I'd get into (verbal, but also physical if the other started it) fights without much hesitation, but now if I worry too much about the other killing me in the process so :') no fights for me 
Not that anyone has tried to start a physical fight with me yet (it'd be weird if there's that in online school tbh, I'm almost curious as to how it would look like lol)

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

February 8, 2022 10:50:48  #7758

I realized out of nowhere that I don't actually know what art block is
So I searched it up.
I think I've never had it. I just can't draw. Or I'm just not creative lol.

On the other hand, I've been in writing block for fiction for forever. I can somewhat write in the formal sense, but nothing I actually like lol.
So anyways I feel like no one wants to read it, but I'm considering that for an upcoming event thing.

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

February 8, 2022 16:42:40  #7759

Two spoiler tags, because one is a very low-quality screenshot from a horror game, and the other has a spoiler for F/GO (Fuyuki Singularity), so yeah, both are tagged for different reasons.

Oh my gods it's young Lev Lainur :0

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

February 8, 2022 17:00:03  #7760

HWBFJWKFKKWKGKEF IT IS

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Men+.ヽ(≧▽≦)ノ.+゚

February 8, 2022 17:12:13  #7761

Thank you for the affirmation :D

In more seriousness though

Lev Lainur reminds me of Andreas Lise from Soul of Gold (btw Lev has the better smile (: 11/10)
If you think about it, he was also a victim. He didn't choose to be born under the family he was born under and to basically become Flauros. In fact, in some worlds, he commits suicide once he learns.
I'm not completely sure why he didn't do so in F/GO. Did he not learn of it? Was that just not an option? Or, idk. So maybe the comparison isn't totally accurate. But it's not a burden normal humans carry.
But anyways, his situation is kinda like that of Andreas, who btw still no one talks about. Like, yeah, Julian Solo got lucky and got transported back to land by a mermaid (somehow, without suffocating), and Shun had main protagonist hacks, but then you have Andreas Lise who got possessed (I mean yeah he did open a sus bottle or whatever, but pretty sure he was already half-possessed at that point) by an evil god, did a bunch of evil things as a politician, and then his body got destroyed by the Gold Saints just like that.
Look, I say that Shaka was right when he wanted to destroy Shun's body--what hecking right does a single Saint have to have his life leveraged above all those of humanity in a Holy War--but that doesn't mean that if Shun died from being possessed, I wouldn't feel sorry for him for having really bad luck.
And anyways, I don't hate Shun for living there, I hate Saori for being such a hecking idiot. She has EX rank luck just because Seiya cannot die for some reason, but the Earth she protects has even better luck.
[s]I mean, maybe it's also because some gods are weirdly stupid, like HADES, YOU COULD'VE JUST MOVED LESS PLANETS, THEN YOU WOULD'VE WON, but with an Athena like Saori, Earth should've burnt in the 20th century.

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

February 9, 2022 12:33:26  #7762

I actually finished both the story and all the chocolate giving and receiving.
I used like 100 mana prisms to expand my Second Archive (CE) to cram in Valentine's CEs. Worth it though :') (*may or may not actually be slightly in pain*)

Btw I got spooked by Stheno, so now I have all three Gorgon sisters (Ana, Stheno, and Euryale) in my Chaldea. Albeit, in the Second Archive. Which is full of embers, btw. I think this is the first time in my F/GO career where I have a huge amount of surplus embers (in inventory, Second, because I can't ascend Yang Guifei so she's like a 3-star atm,,, lol
I really need Burn Command Codes or a support Servant who can get her NP up quickly, 'cause at how it is right now, she has trouble getting to her NP every three turns. So...yeah. But she's fun to use though. I used her with Changgong and a support Waver once, and it was really nice to use an all-Chinese frontline. Idk why in particular. Probably some weird sense of cultural pride. Though Changgong looks European and Waver is European. It's fine, lol.

By the way
Why are Stheno and Euryale so mean to their sister lmiao
I mean I thought Euryale was kinda nice (since she gave me a random chocolate and then tried to find Medusa and Asterios) (this is why she is superior to Stheno, who btw I have bias against lol) but it turns out her and Stheno's chocolate look extremely similar,,, bruhh

So much food in the Second Archive :D

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

February 9, 2022 21:17:41  #7763

Sinclair, who wrote The Jungle to try to get people outraged over the lack of laborer rights and horrid working conditions:
The public, enraged: oUr fOOd qUALitY
Sinclair:

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

February 10, 2022 01:26:59  #7764

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Sinclair:

Ok what is he doing here

Time

February 10, 2022 01:31:11  #7765

The Jungle is just a huge call-out post and is the start of Cancel Culture

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Men+.ヽ(≧▽≦)ノ.+゚

February 10, 2022 02:12:35  #7766

Time wrote:

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

Sinclair:

Ok what is he doing here

If I had to guess? Probably having a crisis. If he didn't have a crisis when all of that happened he must have been someone super in control of his emotions, and judging from an excerpt of The Jungle he seemed pretty emotional to me lol

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

February 10, 2022 02:13:17  #7767

Echo wrote:

The Jungle is just a huge call-out post and is the start of Cancel Culture

Ignoring the fact that despite not knowing much about "cancel culture," I still doubt he'd want to be associated with it, but I guess it could be called a call-out post xD
R.I.P. the journalists of that age though, honestly. To them it probably never felt like enough people actually cared.

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

February 10, 2022 11:35:12  #7768

Having a crisis about the working conditions or the food quality or what

Well I think they did a good bit of stuff. I'm sure they sparked reform movements with revealing stuff about the industry

Time

February 10, 2022 15:32:05  #7769

Yeah they did spark reform movements...but only on the food quality for the most part xD. For the working conditions, it took labor unions, a few decades later. Which is why he probably had a crisis from the public response. Lol xD

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

February 10, 2022 15:35:09  #7770

Btw on the Valentine's event
I realized that not only did I summon Carmilla in my starting days in F/GO, but also Elizabeth Bathory (her younger self) and Marie Antoinette, both of which I probably accidentally burned since at the moment I did not remember Bathory's name and connect it with Carmilla,,,
And considering that I burned Antoinette, I now know why Salieri came here NP 5 oh no (: hELP mE

I need to apologize to Marie sometime then,,,

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

Board footera