HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 11, 2021 21:07:54  #1

Road work ahead? Yeah, no, at the moment it doesn't

(this doesn't have importance plot-wise other than me trying to figure out how to RP Genesis)

Well, today was a good day. A great day, even. Until you got to a certain intersection. In the middle of all the honking cars and yelling, there was an oblivious person. Said person had xyr head tilted back as xe stared up at the sky, deep in thought. It's hard to tell if xe was spacing out or ignoring the cars all around. Xe seemed to be lip-singing, although the person didn't have any earbuds in.

The sky above was greyed, many clouds floating across rather quickly. It smelled like rain in the air, although it was perhaps going to be a while until it actually did rain.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

November 28, 2021 02:47:43  #2

Re: Road work ahead? Yeah, no, at the moment it doesn't

(uwu)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

December 31, 2021 19:13:32  #3

(Honestly couldn't figure out who to use without making the thread awkward, but since no one else has responded I've figured I can just go for it. GGaD's intersex duo meets, I guess.)

It's not like Kiaane is much better than the other, but the difference is that at the moment, they have reasons to not be spacing out. So that's why, from their passing position on the sidewalk, they are able to notice someone else, for once--and the fact that that someone else is somewhere they shouldn't be.
After carefully contemplating the situation, they walk backwards to the nearest pedestrian crossing, cross the crossing until they separate from it, swerve around all the cars, and find a fingerhold on the least amount of fabric on Genesis' outfit possible. Determining it sufficient, they then tug the other back towards the pedestrian crossing boundaries, ignoring all the ruckus on the way.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

December 31, 2021 22:46:33  #4

(Yay owo, someone responded)

Genesis allows xemself to be led by Kiaane, slowly coming back to reality as the two of them walked.

"Huh... Where am I..." Genesis muttered.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

December 31, 2021 22:48:55  #5

It'd be funny if she thinks they'll actually respond.
Please do not start shouting that you're being kidnapped, by the way, Genesis. 
But since they have now ascertained that the other can talk and therefore has some consciousness, they start to walk faster. After all, nearly being run over by angry drivers is not part of the daily agenda.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 31, 2021 22:52:47  #6

Genesis looked around, probably going a bit slower than Kiaane would like. They raised an eyebrow, having no idea what was really happening at the moment.

"Hm... Loud out here.*

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

December 31, 2021 23:04:15  #7

Genesis still obtains no response. That is, until Kiaane finally drags the other onto the sidewalk, and then onto the grass. Then, the mage stops, letting go of the fabric they were holding and then turning around to look at Genesis like they expect the other to just venture back onto the road again.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 31, 2021 23:12:28  #8

Genesis looked to the road, watching the cars slowly undo the traffic jam.

"Huh. Wonder what happened there," she said with a slow blink. Xe looked at Kiaane.

"Why were we in the road? Wait, who are you?"

Last edited by Echo (December 31, 2021 23:21:11)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

December 31, 2021 23:17:20  #9

(Did they actually say that or was that a string of typos?)

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 31, 2021 23:20:37  #10

(oh my gods I can't read or write, I'm so sorry, let me fix that)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

December 31, 2021 23:30:31  #11

Kiaane only answers one question at a time.
"You walked and stayed there," is their response.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 31, 2021 23:34:16  #12

"Huh. I did?" He smiles, although it looks more like some kind of smug grin than a genuine, confused smile.

"Who are you?" Genesis asked again.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

December 31, 2021 23:39:33  #13

"Yes."
That counts as a question, Genesis. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 31, 2021 23:51:20  #14

"...Okay then," Genesis nodded, pulling out xyr phone. The screens didn't come on as they clicked on the on button.

"... Phone's dead...(censor)..." Genesis looked back up at Kiaane. "You know where we are?"

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

December 31, 2021 23:57:04  #15

They nod.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 31, 2021 23:57:39  #16

"...Where are we?"

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

January 1, 2022 00:01:15  #17

"On the grass," they answer matter-of-factly. They also proceed to name the road that the sidewalk nearby them parallels.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 2, 2022 01:03:08  #18

"(Censor)... You sure?"

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

January 2, 2022 01:25:07  #19

Please stop cursing in front of the child.
They nod.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 6, 2022 02:44:48  #20

Genesis made a face, one that would be described  as an "Oh no" type cringe.

"So... heeeey...  do you know the way to *insert a location that's on the other side of the city because the Narrator is not coming up with creative names right now*?"

For the convenience of giving other role players openings to join in, let's describe what Alma and Alois are up to.

Well, both got split up as well.

Alma's phone was charged, but it didn't seem like anyone would pick up. He paced back and forth, muttering to himself. He was in front of a cafe, acoustic guitar in its case on his back. This was where they were all suppose to be, but unfortunately only Alma made it.

Alma would try to use magic to find his friends, but unfortunately the city had an anti-magic barrier (that definitely isn't plot convenience, nooo how could you think that) mainly used to protect its more mortal and human citizens. Sure, Alma could undo that barrier, but that would definitely cause a huge outbreak in chaos once everyone realized they could use magic in the area again. As well as it would be Super Ultra Illegal to undo a government-placed protection spell and Alma didn't feel like dealing with law enforcement at the moment.

Alois' phone was broken as he had dropped it while fishing it out of his pocket when it had rang. So now he was picking up pieces of his phone off the ground, cursing under his breath. He was in front of a park. Alois wasn't sure how the group all got split up, but it was frustrating nonetheless.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

January 6, 2022 03:49:38  #21

Kiaane probably would know, but for the sake of more interactions the narrator is going to pretend they don't. So they think about it for a good three seconds and then shake their head.
"Not on this side," they add, referencing a mental map of sorts. They've pretty much got one down for everywhere they've walked, which is what they're referring to when they say "This side."
Well, that's a good start, one would think.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 10, 2022 15:58:36  #22

Echo wrote:

Genesis made a face, one that would be described as an "Oh no" type cringe.

"So... heeeey... do you know the way to *insert a location that's on the other side of the city because the Narrator is not coming up with creative names right now*?"

For the convenience of giving other role players openings to join in, let's describe what Alma and Alois are up to.

Well, both got split up as well.

Alma's phone was charged, but it didn't seem like anyone would pick up. He paced back and forth, muttering to himself. He was in front of a cafe, acoustic guitar in its case on his back. This was where they were all suppose to be, but unfortunately only Alma made it.

Alma would try to use magic to find his friends, but unfortunately the city had an anti-magic barrier (that definitely isn't plot convenience, nooo how could you think that) mainly used to protect its more mortal and human citizens. Sure, Alma could undo that barrier, but that would definitely cause a huge outbreak in chaos once everyone realized they could use magic in the area again. As well as it would be Super Ultra Illegal to undo a government-placed protection spell and Alma didn't feel like dealing with law enforcement at the moment.

Alois' phone was broken as he had dropped it while fishing it out of his pocket when it had rang. So now he was picking up pieces of his phone off the ground, cursing under his breath. He was in front of a park. Alois wasn't sure how the group all got split up, but it was frustrating nonetheless.

Ark is here, standing in front of the cafe, staring in the window. How is a magic god inside of an anti magic zone? He made a small, seven foot tall hole in the barrier, so he could get through. Why is the aforementioned magic god here? “Now, does this place have normal croissants or chocolate ones?” 

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

January 17, 2022 10:49:10  #23

Ark talking pulled Alma out of his jittery mumbling for a moment just long enough to be polite and answer.

"Oh, they have both, if I remember correctly," Alma said, looking up from his phone. "The food here is pretty awesome."

Genesis made a face again, this time a mix between "Oh no" and "Oh man I'm screwed". Genesis felt stressed, already imagining how stressed his two friends were.

She asked, "...Do you have an idea... of which side it's at?"

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

January 17, 2022 14:59:40  #24

They hold their hands up, pairing their index and middle fingers together to depict what they want to convey. Pinning the fingers from both of their hands together briefly to illustrate where the two of them are currently, they keep one hand where they started while using the other hand's pinned fingers to draw a diagonal cross-section. 
"The other side," they finally conclude, letting both hands fall back to their sides.

The other half of what they "illustrated," essentially.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 26, 2022 09:22:04  #25

"Oh, well, that's good. I can just grab both at once." Ark walks in, purchases his snacks, and walks out with them in a bag. "So, what are you waiting here for?" He takes a regular croissant out and bites into it.

Axel
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

January 29, 2022 01:46:04  #26

Xe felt very stressed. Genesis did a slow blink, trying to process the information Kiaane told xem. Instead, xyr brain decided to focus in back to the road, and xyr ears focused back to the sounds of cars passing by. It was peaceful, the sounds were calming, somehow. Mesmerizing, even. Xyr brain melted into blankness, not a single thought drifting in the void of it. Cars were cool.

Genesis stared at Kiaane with a very blank expression before tilting xyr head, trying to remember what the two of them were talking about. What was Genesis even doing, anyway?

"Who are you?"

Alma gave a slight smile, a polite one, then looked back down at his phone.

"My friends. We have a gig here at this cafe, although..."

Alma nervously adjusted the guitar case on his back and started typing on his phone.

"...We sorta all got split up while coming here."

Alma's eyebrows furrowed when his messages wouldn't send. His phone seemed to have service, though...

"Ah, uh, have you seen them?" Alma realized that Ark wouldn't exactly know who his friends were (unless he was a fan of, or familiar with, the band). Alma pulled up a photo of Alois and Genesis and showed Ark his phone, awkwardly laughing under his breath.

"Sorry, here. This is what they look like."

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

January 29, 2022 01:56:42  #27

The convenient thing is that by the time Genesis asks that, Kiaane has already left. Kind of. They're already walking away--in terms of how far they've gotten, probably at least ten meters. Though, they're still in view, so yay.
Looking at how they walk from the back, it's a far cry from how one perceives it from the front. In fact, it's kinda funny, like they're waddling.
Anyways, I think they thought the conversation was finished.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 29, 2022 05:41:37  #28

"Hm... Nope! Haven't seen them." Ark looks around. "And my magic's disabled at the moment, so I couldn't really find them that way either. Sorry dude." He takes another bite out of his croissant. "I could go try to find them manually if you wanted."

Last edited by ThreePunchAxel (January 29, 2022 05:41:49)

Axel
I aten't dead

Board footera