HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 9, 2022 19:01:59  #1

Addition of the Poll Category

Hi!

Don't mind me. Just Galaxian doing things without asking you guys, again.
Essentially, I came up with a random idea to make a category specifically for polls. I mostly got the idea from my own like of answering questions, so I thought you guys might also like it. However, I don't know how much it'll be used--and since I didn't ask you guys about this beforehand, I don't know if the idea is just excessively extra.
The category is supposed to be for asking random questions for fun, but you can also ask more serious ones if you want (I can't think of any examples atm for this, unfortunately).
Currently, the only rule is that you aren't allowed to ask questions like "Who is your favorite GGaD character?" because there are too many options and I don't feel like dealing with a "war" over characters xD. However, you can ask questions related to characters and plots, and stuff like that. Just use your own judgment. 
I might use the category to ask you guys about theme opinions or something before/whenever I change them, but idk if that would be excessive as well.
If you think the category should be moved or removed or anything, let me know. I'll consider it.

And yes, there being a poll in this thread is for irony purposes.
Imagine if the polled answers don't save. That would be super funny.

-Galaxian-

What is your opinion on the addition of the poll category to the forum?

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

January 9, 2022 21:41:25  #2

Re: Addition of the Poll Category

I say sure why not, but I can't really see myself making polls too too often. Especially when I forget how to make them all the time

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

January 9, 2022 22:32:37  #3

I can try to give instructions on that! So you need to make sure you're on Desktop view, and then you create a new thread. Along with all the other usual options (text formatting, emojis, source mode, etc.), there's an option for polling. Click that, and then scroll down beyond the text box. There should be fields for the poll question and answer fields.
Though, I'm not sure if that works for mobile. Do please let me know if you can see that, Time and @Echo. 

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 10, 2022 11:26:35  #4

I don't think that it works for mobile. I guess it would have to be typed in manually

Or that's at least for normal posts

Time

January 10, 2022 11:27:27  #5

Oh but it does work for new topic posts

Time

January 10, 2022 18:30:34  #6

I don't think there's a way to put polls in for usual posts on an already-created thread. Even if I try to edit the post with a poll, there's no coding to put one, so I'm assuming it's constructed by more advanced code than BBC
Good to hear that it works for new topics for you though, Time!

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 10, 2022 19:44:25  #7

But I feel like there's a way to do polls. I feel that I've done it before. But no matter, I will just find out on my own if it is possible or not.

Time

January 10, 2022 19:51:30  #8

To be honest I kinda feel like I remember that it was done before as well, but it's probably hard to find out. Let me know if you find it (:

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 10, 2022 23:07:08  #9

I'll also let you know if I find it too

Time

January 21, 2022 21:58:53  #10

Here's the method to make poll codes:
You go to this website and make the questions/answers there, essentially. Then you copy the code here.
https://pollcode.com/
Maybe it wasn't what you initially meant? Anyways, yay.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

January 22, 2022 01:02:38  #11

nah it's not, but still, I think it'll work fine! Thanks!

Time

Board footera