GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 15, 2021 20:19:21  #1

Secret Santa/Art Exchange?

Would anyone be interested in a secret santa thing? Everyone participating could pick 1-3 OCs that they want to be drawn (the person could pick from one of the OCs provided, or draw all of them if they really wanted to!). I would randomize who gets who and PM everyone their person. Then, say, the 23rd-ish of December— or a different date if needbe— people can post their art that they made!

It doesn’t just have to be art, people could do short writing pieces, music, moodboards, music playlists… anything representative of the character(s)!

We can hammer out the fine details later, I just wanted to see if anyone was up for it : )

Call me Ishmael.
21 | Any Pronouns | wandering forest entity that occasionally visits your kitchen

"Is my body really part of the earth, and is the soul just a metaphor?"

Season's grievings to us, one and all!

November 16, 2021 00:45:35  #2

Re: Secret Santa/Art Exchange?

I would definitely be down, I never draw enough of other people's characters. However, will I have time is the real question. Either way, I'll do my best to see it done.

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

November 16, 2021 02:35:00  #3

I wanna participate

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

November 16, 2021 15:54:41  #4

I was about to say that maybe you could do this survey anonymously as well, but then I realized I could probably guess most/all of the participants anyways.
I think if I participated in this event, I would 1) die from homework/stress/obligations, 2) ruin the holiday spirit utterly with whatever quality-lacking abominations I produce, so I'd have to say no on my part. But for me, this is really nostalgic for an event that happened on the SAMB back in Christmas of 2018, so I wholeheartedly support it and hope all participants have fun.
If you need an announcement on the event, given that it will be held, feel free to post it in the Announcements section or ask someone else to do it for you as well.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

November 16, 2021 16:33:54  #5

I'd be up to try to do something tbh!

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ
pjytlñhfñksfjgnm dfmghkdhldk

November 16, 2021 16:55:10  #6

That would be so cool!

I have many OCs >:3

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

December 4, 2021 17:51:56  #7

So

Unfortunately ish got a lot of work and stuff going on now, but he asked maybe if anyone else wanted to run this thing, and I didn't mind

In addition, effervescence said that she'd be down to doing it as well, so I'll look into that

I'm down to running a little secretive santa. I haven't done one, but I'm sure it's not that hard.

Last edited by Time (December 4, 2021 17:52:06)

Time

December 4, 2021 17:59:15  #8

Wait I think maybe it might be a bit harder online.

We could use a secret santa website or somehow if you guys want maybe

Or maybe I just get spoiled on who gets what and just pass it out randomly

Time

December 5, 2021 19:07:27  #9

Do you guys have a preference and/or other ideas? I can just make it simple and spoil myself on the results. I don't mind that actually

Last edited by Time (December 5, 2021 19:08:06)

Time

December 5, 2021 23:27:27  #10

I think a website would be a pretty good idea (as long as all of us can access it) if it works

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ
pjytlñhfñksfjgnm dfmghkdhldk

December 6, 2021 01:12:27  #11

What I'm seeing is that we'll have to use emails and maybe sign up for something we want to keep it fully confidential.  I can definitely look into it, but we'll all have to be ok with it. Is that ok?

Another option I realize for keeping it fully confidential is we could use someone not participating to private message people *slowly looks to Galaxian* if they are ok with that.

Time

December 6, 2021 01:29:53  #12

(*laughs in thought of this as well but was waiting to see who would out them to make them do work*) Yeah sure, I'd be okay with doing that. Though I'll have to think about how to randomize people. Maybe I should just number them and them do a random number generator?

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 6, 2021 09:33:13  #13

Random number generator sounds like a good idea.

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

December 6, 2021 11:41:11  #14

Yeah that doesn't seem that bad at all. Thanks for helping out Galaxian

Should we have like, a requested character(s) they wish to draw? I had that occurring thought but didn't know if that's how art secret Santa's work

Oh also I double checked with effervescence over on the discord and she still is interested in it so remember to count her as well.

Time

December 6, 2021 15:30:48  #15

Okay, so here's a small uh-oh moment. We have 5 participants: Effervescence (counting her first so I hopefully don't forget), Time, Specter, Echo, and Eliza. Unless I can't count, that's 5, and unless I failed elementary math, I think that's an odd number.
...so. How should we go about that? Is someone willing to do 2 gifts?

That issue aside (please give input on it, by the way), I would say that what Ishmael said probably is better, because constraining people to one character just seems...bad. It's supposed to be creative, right? I can imagine how bad it would be if someone just could never get that one particular character right while drawing or can't understand them (or even doesn't like them). So at the very least, I think everyone would have to give a selection of characters (plural), not just one or two. 
And also, it might also be good to link information to characters (e.g. pages from the wiki, the link where their most updated form was submitted) because Effervescence is not familiar with any of our characters from what I know.

As a further note, I think we should stick with what Ishmael said, with this not just being something related to drawing art. Because, y'know, sometimes that sort of art doesn't work out, and it's supposed to be creative.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 6, 2021 15:32:44  #16

Oh, also, I was kinda worried if the pairing came in a typical fashion. You guys know what I'm talking about. We all have our own littler (lol not really a word but it's fun/fine) groups, where we tend to share our stuff on a more common basis anyways. Would it be fair to try to avoid those when I'm grouping people up...?? Idk, this is one of those things that makes sense but also seems unfair, lol.
It probably isn't, tbh, huh.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 6, 2021 16:19:33  #17

Oh yeah my bad, I totally forgot with what Ishmael said, definitely yeah we should stick with what he said. Yes. 100%.

So a selection of 2-3 character of the person's choice, can draw any combination or just one of them. Though it doesn't need to be art, it can really anything tbh. Be creative.

Be sure to provide good characters info for all your character options.

And for the 5 person problem, why can't we just give everyone a different person their doing their thing for? We don't need to pair up or anything.

And as for the groupings, I think my solution above provides somewhat a solution. If the randomizer someone is given a person they normally chat with, then I say let it be.

Time

December 6, 2021 16:23:03  #18

Oh also actually do you want me to take over the randomizing and distributing Galaxian? I think actually it would just make this thing much more simple, as the person who has taken over the thing is actually doing the work and knows who has who. I think it would be the better move, Weight the options of simplicity over one person being spoiled. Ish was going to be that person when he was in charge anyways.

Plus less work for you.

Last edited by Time (December 6, 2021 16:24:01)

Time

December 6, 2021 16:40:25  #19

If you're okay with doing that, you can do it. I don't mind, either. I just need to clear up some space in my inbox to be able to send PMs, which I should be able to do easily. Your choice, in the end.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 6, 2021 21:17:56  #20

Alrighty. I'll just keep it simple and keep it with me. Someone not participating maybe shouldn't be doing the work, since you know, you're not going to get much in return or whatever.

Well, I think we'll be pretty much good. I'll make a new thread announcing the thing and stuff, with specific rules on what to do, and to have a clean thread to start it off

Last edited by Time (December 6, 2021 21:18:22)

Time

December 6, 2021 21:32:48  #21

Alright! I do feel the need to specify that I didn't agree to do it while expecting anything in return, so if you need me to take over something that I can do, just let me know wherever.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 6, 2021 22:50:03  #22

Oh yeah I know, it's just I was looking just something to say tbh lol

Thanks for being chill with it though!

Time

December 6, 2021 22:52:24  #23

For everyone here, expect it to show up in the trades section!

Time

December 3, 2022 18:04:30  #24

Uhhhhhh should I post this here?

We looking to do this again??

Time

Board footera