HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 29, 2021 00:24:02  #451

Re: [HPA] The halls of Hope's Peak Academy are still peaceful...

This time, Iollan's let the others take the lead, strolling casually behind them.

Hitan looks up like a thief once the three of them return. This happens regardless of whether Calix is already there. "Hi!" he chirps in welcome, in contrast to how he looked up.
Looks like he's reading a book. He puts it against his chest while he greets them, though.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

October 29, 2021 00:28:18  #452

Calix is not there yet.

"Hi!" Apollo waved.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

October 29, 2021 01:37:25  #453

"Heya," greeted Germaine, adding a grin. She glanced at Hitan's book. 

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

October 29, 2021 01:41:54  #454

"Hey," Iollan greets back, one hand on his hip. He moves into the room a little but glances back out the hallway in the opposite direction from whence they came, kind of like a big cat.
The book doesn't seem to have a title. It's a small one, too, perhaps surprisingly. Or maybe it's not surprising--he can seem like someone who fits with small things.
"Did Mr. Calix and you all split up?" Hitan asks.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 29, 2021 02:14:15  #455

Well, Germaine's not gonna stare at the book. That would be rude.
She stepped further into the room to stand to one side. "Yes, we did. Right now we're waiting to meet someone special." 

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

October 29, 2021 16:26:53  #456

"I guess it's a surprise," he says with a small tilt of his head. After a small pause, he adds, "I like surprises."
"Who doesn't?" Iollan asks back, grinning, though now the teenager's considering the question seriously.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 31, 2021 01:55:59  #457

Apollo opened his mouth to say something, but he heard a distant sound. The familiar sound of people running.

Calix's voice could be heard from the office.

"-y boy, wait up!"

A blur of someone passed by the room. There was the sound of skidding and then running again. A young person, a teenage boy, slid into the room, nearly tripping over himself.

The boy, no, what was he? His body looked strange, on his face seeming to be a green button and some blue lights. On closer inspection, he seems to have screws too, and certain areas of his skin and body seem to be like plates and are able to slide under the other.   The joints on his hands and wrists were circles, and his hair seemed completely "human" (or at least similar) except for the piece of metal sticking up in the front of his part. An antenna? The robot was wearing a Hope's Peake student uniform, a smiley face clip on his tie. 

The boy, the robot, stared at the teachers for a moment before raising his hand and waving.

"Hellooo!" the boy said, dragging out the "o". His voice was... robotic. Fitting.
Apollo, master of social media, recognized the voice bank to be similar to a Vocaloid... except the boy's voice sounded... strange, to put it politely.

Calix leaned on the office door frame, wheezing, completely out of breath. Between gasps, he said excitedly, "Ah, everyone- meet my- son!"

Calix proceeded to quietly die in the background lmao /j.

(We will ignore how crappy the hands are lmao, I gave up on those parts)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

November 3, 2021 10:59:07  #458

"Hi my son, I'm Iollan," the dude, ever so quick to make a dad joke, quips. He doesn't seem surprised--not in the "I expected this" sort of way but rather the "I really don't get surprised by much" sort of way. Wait, does that mean he just adopted Adrik? After a singular "Hello"? Maybe.
Hitan's reaction is best summed up by "OwO". 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 3, 2021 20:20:33  #459

Adrik looked confused, very oblivious to the fact Iollan told a joke.

"Ah- he's joking," Calix explained, still dying. "How- about you- introduce yourself?"

Adrik smiled, "Okay!" He looked at the teachers.

"I'm A-D-R-1-K, but you all can all me Adrik Azrial! I'm a learning robot created to help study the effects the school has psychologically and socially on students. With these studies, we hope to help Hope's Peak's students so they can lead a bright future! I'll be attending Hope's Peak as a student, my talent being the 'Ultimate Robot'. As you can see, I'm very 'human', possibly as human a robot can get! I can feel a wide range of emotions, too! As I'm a learning robot, I will develop similar to a teenager, but there's still human concepts I don't quite understand yet. Please correct me so I can develop further and understand these concepts! It's very nice to meet you all! I hope to have a... uhm... awesome year with you all!"

Adrik seemed to be very excited, and he also seemed to be very proud that he was human-like. Adrik looked back at Calix, who gave a thumbs up.

Adrik very quickly turned back to the teachers and asked, "Oh! This is when we shake hands, right? Or is that for something else?"

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

November 3, 2021 20:34:41  #460

The narrator thinks that Adrik is actually supposed to help study the effects that students have psychologically and socially on the teachers and only was programmed that explanation because it sounds more morally sound. Why do they think this? Because that's much more likely than the other way around. They hope the teachers truly have enough sanity and "chill" factor, as the narrators seem to have headcanoned.
Adrik's just a way to get some sanity back after a school day for Calix, lol, both a source of that to fall back on and also someone who can somewhat continue his research if he can't take it any more one day.
Iollan wouldn't quite agree with whomever defined the talent, but neither is he one to disagree. Who's he to judge a title? It's not a topic really worth speaking aloud, in his opinion. He smiles. "The Ultimate Robot and Research Helper, eh? Though, I believe most will call you Adrik rather than your full name." He's bringing this up for Adrik's benefit, by the way. 
He steps towards the boy, his strides long, and extends his hand. "And you're right. Handshaking time. I'm Iollan. Call me that, or Mr. Cathal, or Mr. Cathal-Eghan. Whatever you prefer as long as it's school-appropriate." 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 3, 2021 20:48:11  #461

Adrik took Iollan's hand and gave a very good handshake. Adrik may or may not of had Calix help him practice handshaking for an hour. (RIP Calix's hand/wrist joints, Adrik had to figure out the right amount of pressure too so Calix was the test dummy for that as well.)

Adrik nodded earnestly, "I will call you Mr. Cathal!"

Apollo looked amazed by Adrik, to be honest. Full on whoaaaaa type expression.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

November 3, 2021 22:04:46  #462

Hitan's up next. Who knows when he got next to Iollan? For a guy who gives off little animal vibes, like a little dog or a little bird, he sure moves fast. He shakes Adrik's hand before the guy can actually react. "I'm Hitan," he says eagerly with a (derpy?) smile that clearly says "I want and need friends."
"Hitan"?
...Oh no, he forgot he's a teacher.
Or...maybe he doesn't care about titles, like Iollan?
Oh boy.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 4, 2021 00:48:02  #463

"Okay! Should I call you Mr. Hitan?"

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

November 4, 2021 00:51:00  #464

"Just Hitan is great," he responds, beaming.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 4, 2021 11:26:53  #465

"Okay! I'll call you Hitan!" Adrik smiled.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

November 4, 2021 15:39:00  #466

"Pleased to meet you, Adrik!" Germaine greeted the robot boy with a wide smile, gave her shirt collar a little tug, and got ready to shake hands too. Her sandals clicked on the floor as she hurried with little steps to get close enough for a handshake. 
"I shall be delighted to be your teacher this year, and I'll be glad to help you develop more, and you may call me Germaine, or Ms. Albero if you wish to be more formal, but I'm fine with either."
Unaware of the run-on sentence she'd just spoken in a single breath, the teacher held our her hand and continued smiling at Adrik. Her gaze seemed to be somewhat lost , as if she were looking at the boy without really focusing on him. Maybe she was just surprised by the technology she was witnessing. Or perhaps she simply was not expecting to meet a robot as a student. Either way, whatever was going through her head, Germaine's excitement was evident.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

November 4, 2021 18:20:51  #467

Iollan pulls Hitan gently to the side before he can continue shaking their student's hand. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 6, 2021 16:24:16  #468

Adrik took Germaine's hand and shook it, saying, "Okay, I'll call you Ms. Germaine!"

Apollo went up and watched, and when he got close enough, Adrik retracted his hand from Germaine and held it out to Apollo.

Apollo shook Adrik's hand and said, "...Oh! Uh, you can call me either Apollo or Mr. Gatáki!" Apollo still was extremely amazed by Adrik, his expression was similar to that of a little kid who was watching fireworks or something like that, just full on in awe.

"Okay, I'll call you Mr. Gatáki!"

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

November 6, 2021 19:46:23  #469

(Lol good luck remembering all the different ways our characters will call these teachers lol
Also, I don't have anything to add on Iollan's and Hitan's ends.)

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 7, 2021 15:49:22  #470

(I don't have anything else to add either)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

December 2, 2021 00:18:04  #471

((Okay, so, where do we go from here? I'm not sure what comes next lol, I think I don't have anything else for Germaine atm either.))

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

December 2, 2021 02:55:26  #472

(I'm not sure. What order would the classes be and how are we going to RP classes? I would assume homeroom would be first?)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

December 2, 2021 22:26:00  #473

(In Japan, homeroom actually comes last, but I think the rest of the schedule would be looser, and anyways, HPA's probably different from usual Japanese classes lol.)

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

December 3, 2021 23:25:21  #474

(yea true lol. Should we plan/discuss a schedule on the HPA thread?)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

Board footera