HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 17, 2021 08:38:36  #151

Re: Panic at the Disco! but it's Not a Disco, it's a Mall

The small bits and pieces of barrier started to fall down, starting from the top. They turned into a pretty shower of glittery powder in mid-air. But it didn't coat the floor, as it vanished before making contact with anything else.
With the protection falling down, the sounds of the outside are clearer to Echo.

Germaine wasn't sure of the circumstances. At least Echo seemed to be safe, and she was with Hitan. It may not be a very good idea for Germaine to ignore her own bad feeling, but she pushed it to the back of her mind for te moment. Even in light of facts and reason, she wanted to believe the conflict and danger were over. The peaceful atmosphere of the aftermath guided her thoughts.
She turned to look at the others. She knew Echo wanted them to be safe. Unfortunately, Germaine felt too tired to perform more immediate healing. The physical discomfort from the battle was starting to manifest. But it was just pain, and that she could hold in.

She breathed out slowly. What an uneven stream of air came out. She held a hand to her chest in at attempt to steady her breathing.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

October 17, 2021 15:30:20  #152

"Thank you, but I..." His voice growing distant, as if he was about to faint, he looks at her and continues smiling. Without anything bright to reflect, his eyes are dark again, as shadowed as a midnight forest without moonlight. He turns his hands to the side and raises them further up with an elegance unbefitting even of him. For a moment, one can see his hands tremble.
How pathetic, he judges himself absentmindedly. Has the time in between really made him this unpolished? Well, he should keep it in mind for the future. But even that thought spreads itself out, as lonely as a deceivingly clear stream both dammed too often and damned by its fate of no longer deserving to be complete, as he sees what others cannot.

"Please excuse me," he manages to say to everyone. Or at least, that is what he attempts to do. In truth, he can't hear their responses. He can't feel them, either. In this state, really, everything else was beyond bearable. And then, he continued questioning himself.

How long had it been? In his haste to live through what he was allowed to experience, he tarnished his own sense of time until it was a useless blemish. Now he was looking for it again, and it refused to come out.
Had it been one year? Two? He traced his memory of his own silhouette walking away from a girl he thought he was never to see again. But then, sometime after that, he recalled her, a deity of ice, running into a fire that was too big for her to even be able to see.
Really, him doing this was nothing. It was likely not even substantial. She would experience more in her life that he did not deserve to be a part of and could not be a part of. But for now, when he did allow himself to do something, perhaps he could ease her burdens--and the burdens of those who would be beside her for longer than he.
The Fallen Angel, constructing a dream for himself, struggles to keep his eyes from dimming. He struggles to keep his smile from dropping.
This is, after all, only a beginning.

The inferno grows louder. This time, he walks into his own fire.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

October 17, 2021 21:58:40  #153

"What's the m..."

Echo trailed off. Her hand tightened over her right arm. The cloth underneath stained red, deep red, and in a small instant there was a terrible sound. A sound of ripping, the terrible yet quiet sound of ripping. Then there became mortifying noise of something hitting the ground, and then a plop! as it finally tipped over a rested. Blood pooled on the ground from Echo's arm, The arm's veins were dark and popped out, the skin bloody and melty at the end where it once was connected to her shoulder.

For a moment, there was quiet. No, no, it wasn't quiet. Everything became muffled to Echo. It was her and her thoughts as time slowed down. The hell flames that flickered nearby, trying to go out on their own, slowed into a slow wave, it seemed like. The smoke above slowed into a lazy drift, becoming more like dark clouds that warned of a storm. Everything, for a moment, seemed still. It seemed peaceful.

Echo fell on her knees, her eyes wide and filling with tears as her smile transitioned into a silent scream. Nothing came from her throat except for a choking noise and a few whimpers.

The darkness of Echo's veins spread from her the right half of her collar bones to her neck and then from her neck to her face, the veins popping out visibly against her skin. Echo's eyes turned quickly from blue to bright purple, the same purple of Favian's eyes.

Everything to Echo became loud and blaring, the tranquility crashing down and shattering into pins and needles. The flames had a noise, the smoke above was suffocating every other sound out. Everything sped up and wouldn't stop, everything in Echo's view shifted and doubled as if she was dizzy.

It felt like Echo was being torn apart like a weak newspaper, the pages screeching apart and drowned in water. Drowning, Echo was drowning, her lungs burning and burning and unable to get breath. Her shoulder was smoldering and melting and bleeding out, her left hand drenched in her own blood as her shoulder continued to bleed into her jacket. It felt like there was slush in her veins, her heart beating so hard to push her blood through her body. Red? Why was her blood red? It once was silver. Heart? When did she have a heart? It was destroyed long ago in her past life.

Was this what humanity felt like? Pain, suffering? Was this what it was like to be human?

Fear. Was Echo mortal again? Why was there so much red? Why did her chest hurt so much, as if it was going to explode?

Echo's brain felt like it was being shot over and over again, her head felt like it was being smashed into the ground repeatedly, her back and neck felt like it was being twisted and broken.

Echo stared up at Hitan, unable to talk, unable to move from the ground. Help me, Echo wanted to cry. Somebody, please...

(Blood/slight gore warning for the drawing)

(Also made/rushed a last minute song today, so enjoy this abomination I call music) 

Last edited by Echo (October 17, 2021 22:00:29)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Hektor's #1 Simp, Live Laugh Love Hektor
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

October 18, 2021 00:27:28  #154

The sound caused Germaine to turn around abruptly. The hand on her chest tightened until it clutched through clothes and held on even to skin. 
"ECHO!" she shrieked, but the sudden sight had left her rooted to her spot. 

Why...why...why had this happened?
She was supposed to keep Echo safe. Her heart hurt at seeing the goddess in agony.
This shock was nothing like herself. She'd usually be able to react. She tried hard to will herself to move.
But...Germaine did not know what to do.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

October 18, 2021 00:28:24  #155

((Awesome drawing btw. And the song gives vibes, I love it :0))

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

October 18, 2021 02:38:30  #156

(Gonna stall a tiny bit to let for more POVing. I like how the song sounds like a heartbeat's going through all of it. Very cool)

His figure looms over her. His eyes are blank, but he's still smiling down on her, as if he is performing some sort of judgment. He isn't even blinking. 

He's swimming. Or, more accurately, that's what he would presume he is doing. 
Really, he's flying, but the air is laborious to move through in a way he has never experienced, trying to drag him down like air moisture would a fly. 
He's back there, near that building that he pushed down in his haste and foolishness, trying to move towards the moving black silhouette. A "Hunter," though he is the one who is hunting them, and though they're not the one he's truly focusing on. No, blurred as his vision may be, he is staring at her unconscious face, watching it go further and further away, realizing that for him, failure has its own taste. Though, that taste is not necessarily distinguishable at the moment--rather, it's combined with other flavors. Rage. Guilt. Realizations. Stupidity. There are many, but he isn't focusing on those, either. Instead, he's imagining her fear, her pain...and her "anger" when she realizes that he let her down again. 
"Back then," he bit down on all the tastes and pummeled forward. Now, he stops swimming.
The flavors die on his tongue in a single instant.
It is simple, really. It's just that this simplicity is one that he does not usually embrace. 
He watches them take her away, smiling, his arms still near his sides. His wings fold back, and then he drops. 

He's back on the ground. This time, above all, he can taste dirt. 
And blood, of course. But unlike the blood of others, he can taste only its lingering presence. Still, it's very strong. 
So many things are stabbing into him that he can no longer tell what part of him has not been sliced through. At the realization, he almost feels his own horror. He pulls it back and instead just examines the situation.
It's, admittedly, difficult.
Was this at the beginning? He's not quite sure. The arms were cut off quite a few times. It's strange that he can remember the order of the limbs--left and right--but not the specific times. 
He focuses on the right arm. 
Part of it is smoldering still. He reckons that to the mortal nose, the air would reek of flesh. But...well, that's not important. 
The fact that he cannot actually turn to see the scene is proving inconvenient. He would have preferred going by the actual reality rather than his imagination, but if this was how it was, then so be it.

----

I am...
...the embodiment of sin.

He mouths that inadvertently towards the girl:
Words she once heard but has since forgotten;
Words she once did not believe but will see for herself their meaning.
Or perhaps she can no longer see him? 
That might be more fortunate or unfortunate. For him, that no longer matters. Still, there is that little realization in the back of his mind that chuckles at the irony--that the one who is answering her plea is exactly this.
There is also the realization that he, though unintentionally, maybe, perhaps, conceivably, lied......

He's still smiling when it feels like a wedge is driven into the flow of all the new sensations Echo is feeling. She can perhaps feel some sort of ebb somewhere within, though it's far from reassuring. If she had the time to actually ponder it, it actually feels quite...unnerving. 
Well, one can only guess how much longer his smile will be able to stand.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 18, 2021 08:49:01  #157

(I forget to check this for two days and I come back and ECHO FRICKING LOSES HER ARM)

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

October 18, 2021 21:19:13  #158

(Thank you wjdjwjkfd I'm glad you guys enjoy the song)

(:D welcome to RPing with me!)

Alma tore across the area, slipping on his own blood and hitting the ground hard. He continued on, hissing in pain but ignoring his body's protests against moving so harshly. Alma needed to get to Echo, he needed to get by her side as quickly as possible.

Silence stared. They stared at Echo's arm that had fallen off, then they stared at Echo. Blank, their face was blank and unreadable. They didn't move. They didn't feel anything. Silence just watched, they watched their little sister bleed out. They couldn't move. Something about this...

Silence watched.

Malaika looked around, searching for what could be the cause of Echo's arm falling off. Her whole body tensed, she prepared herself to fight. She didn't see anyone, but whoever was doing this-

The hell fire all around grew in height.

Lumi couldn't move. What he had witnessed froze him in place. What should he do? What can he do? Lumi's mind only bubbled with empty thoughts as he kept his eyes lingering on Echo.

Lumi didn't know what to do.

Echo's own pain went down as Hitan helped. A gasp let out before Echo moved. She fell to her side, the left side, the side with her arm, and curled up. Next there was the sound of a sobbing shriek, her pain going from not letting her make noise to allowing her to wail the torture out. It was hard to tell if this was worse. As she screamed, ice covered the ground and grew in thickness with each passing second.

Echo took a breath, closed her eyes, and sobbed, her lungs barely registering the air coming in as she gasped rapidly. He tears were starting to bubble, evaporating into thin, wispy steam.

Home. Echo wanted to go home, Echo wanted to sleep. She wanted someone to hold her.

Someone touched the side of her face, muttering out calming Spanish, patting her hair in an attempt to comfort her. Echo sniffled, struggling to move her working arm as she wanted to reach out to him. She rolled onto her back, yelping out in pain. It felt like her bones shattered into tiny fragments, she felt like a beaten, broken porcelain doll. Alma gently took her hand and casted a healing spell. Echo opened her eyes, opening her mouth to speak. Still, she couldn't utter a word. Instead a sound from pain came out.

Alma kept his tears back, he kept his horror hidden. If he kept calm, then Echo would stay calm, and Alma could help her. Spanish, Echo liked and understood Spanish, he would talk to her using Spanish. Alma sang a little as he talked, patting her hair like his mother did when he was crying. It was soothing, it was helping. Okay, now he needed to figure out what happened.

Because the Narrator is not fluent in Spanish, the Narrator is just going to put what Alma is saying in italics.

"Hey, hey, I'm here," Alma said. "I'm here. I'm not going to go anywhere, I'm here..."

Echo closed her eyes again, coughing from crying so hard. Alma reached over and moved Echo's jacket, revealing that most of her t-shirt sleeve had seemed to burned off. From the remnants of the sleeve poked out melty flesh, everything inside fused together. Blood was still pouring out from the wound.

Alma casted another healing spell, trying to stop the bleeding. The bleeding slowed. Alma felt his lungs starting to fill up again.

Alma's voice came out watery, gurgling almost. It was hard to speak, and his chest felt uncomfortable. He transitioned from sing-talking to actual singing, casting more varients of healing spells. He sang a soft lullaby.

Echo stared up at Alma, who only smiled back. Alma was covered in more blood than Echo was, his torso still ripped open and bleeding. He was covered in wounds, and Echo could tell something was wrong when he sang. Echo closed her eyes once again, trying to block out everything around her.

The world was scary. Even the people helping her were in pain, weren't they?

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

October 19, 2021 01:25:22  #159

Despite himself, he felt a little perplexed, even if only for a moment.
Then he realized it–the drive of desperation, of haste.

Oh, so that’s it. That individual lacked the same recognition that she had lacked before. Recognizing that itself felt a little amusing, if only a little. Was this the reason behind the demon’s laughter?
Perhaps it was funny.
Well, that was unimportant too. There was something he wanted to do.
Wants…wants…  

Ah, well. Beggars couldn’t be choosers, and he had to be the biggest beggar in all of the universe. So, for once, he wouldn’t try to choose.
This just meant that he had to do a little more to get what he wanted. Ah, the lengths he went… 

The hellfire, as if having a will of its own, suddenly leaps towards him. How quaint. Does it wish to be acquainted with him? That's a little cute; don't you think so?

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 20, 2021 18:57:48  #160

Germaine watched as Alma comforted Echo. How good it was that Echo had people who cared about her. 
But even then, the efforts to protect her hadn't been perfect. The result hadn't been failure, but it was not a good outcome.
How? What had happened to make Echo suffer like this just now? Why?
Thoughts ran through Germaine's head. And yet, she didn't move from her place.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

October 24, 2021 11:23:15  #161

(Imma wait for Eliza to reply)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

October 24, 2021 12:25:08  #162

(Idk what to do with Phantom atm, ignore me it you need to lol)

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

October 24, 2021 21:52:05  #163

((I really think we should get to see Phantom's reaction to the events))

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

October 25, 2021 08:11:19  #164

((idk he'd just be like standing there tho))

November 1, 2021 02:43:57  #165

Hitan, perhaps, for a moment, could see an angel floating above Echo. Lingering, for a moment, enjoying the pain Echo had felt. They had long hair, and their eyes were cold and peered sharply down at Echo. They wanted to leave, yet couldn't for they were entwined with the girl, forced to stay on his earth like a ghost.

Alma sensed that very suddenly,  Echo fell asleep despite the pain. He continued to try to work on her arm, er, her lack of arm.

Maybe if she held her eyes closed, everything would stop. Maybe, just maybe, this was a nightmare. Echo wanted this all to be a terrible dream, and when she woke up everyone and everything would be fine.

Alma's voice drifted away despite Echo wanting to latch on to it for a little while longer. The noise around her stopped. The pain stopped.

Gentle waves of water cradled her body, rocking her back and forth. It... felt familiar. The way it held her and soothed her body, it felt too familiar.

Echo's eyes opened wide, and for a moment she panicked and blurted out into the blue sky above, "Oh my gods, aM I DEAD AGAIN?"

Wait, no, she couldn't be dead. Last time she couldn't move. Last time, the water pulled her under. Last time... was much more sad. Someone, Alma, was singing to her. Or, well, she could hear him singing to her, last time.

Echo floated on her back in the water, trying to figure out what was happening and why she was "in the Between" again. Her face scrunched up, and she brought one hand up to cover the blinding sun that rested in the corner of her vision.

Softly came a laugh, sweet and curious. Echo turned her body so that only her head floated above water, and she searched for the source of laughter.

"Oh, I'm sorry, your expression was quite amusing," an androgynous angel said, their voice very soothing and kind. "I didn't mean to offend you, Echo."

Echo squinted at the person, making another face that caused the angel to hold back another laugh.

"...Hi?" Echo said, staring at the angel, trying to figure out who the hell they were. "Do I know you?"

"That's a complicated question, my dear," the angel replied. "Yes and no." The angel moved closer to Echo, floating above her. They reached out and touched her face, squishing it gently.

"You're not dead," the angel observed. "So I suppose you're going to leave again when you wake up. Makes sense, for I'm not dead either. Maybe our consciousnesses couldn't handle our bodies and allowed us to rest in this purgatory."

Echo said, having no idea what the angel was monologing about, "Uh... sure...?"

"You haven't pulled away from me," the angel said.

"You're not scary any. You also kinda remind me of someone I know. He's very nice."

"Oh! That's delightful!" The angel smiled pleasantly, letting go of Echo's face. "Not many beings find me... not scary! Haha! Of course, I'm not usually... happy like this, either."

"Oh... uhm..." Echo felt a little awkward. Like, she literally just met this person who somehow knows her name and is very eccentric right off the bat. Of course she's going to feel a bit weirded out! "What's your name?"

"Currently, it's Mikha'el."

"Currently?"

"I believe you won't meet me like this again. At least while you're still you. Next time we see each other, I'll have a whole different name, different personality, different me. For now, though, I'm Mikha'el, the original me, the purest me I can be!"

"That's confusing."

"Sure is, my dear! And you're Echo, right? I used that earlier, but would Nivia suit you better? I could call you Cassiel, but the Prince might kill me! And, oh, wouldn't that cause trouble in the Kingdom! A prince killing a prince, that's such a fairytale-type plot! And-"

Echo was completely lost now, but managed to interrupt to say, "My name's Echo. I don't like the name Nivia, and Cassiel is Cassi's name, not mine."

"Oh! Okay!"

Geez, what a chatterbox... Echo felt worn out just trying to butt in to state her own name...

Alma nearly was hit by a sudden appendage of black crystal shooting out of the wound where Echo's shoulder stopped. He managed to jerk back, the crystal stopping just before it could strike him.

The appendage rested on the ground. Steadily, silver flesh started to creep over the crystal, muscle and fat slowly wrapping around.

Alma stared, not messing with... the new arm. He tried to figure out what was causing that, because, well, he sure didn't cast a spell that would grow her a new... arm. He wasn't sure if even then it currently could he called an arm.

Alma was able to sense that Echo was growing it. Alma sighed, partially in relief that something was going "right" (although, he was concerned about what her arm was made of and if it would work properly) and partially because he could take a moment to just... rest. For a second, Alma thought, and then he could continue to help.

He just needed a moment, a second, to rest.

Alma turned away from Echo and coughed up blood, creating a large puddle red and huge roses. His torso was almost healed, and a good amount of his wounds were gone, but something was still wrong.
Alma couldn't help but think, "Alois is going to scold me so hard, he must be in pain and all tuckered out." Alma could already hear the cursing. Alois all riled up, Alois trying very hard to seem like he didn't care that much, Alois trying to play it off like he cared more about himself than Alma. Just like when they were kids, just like when Alma would do something silly and stupid.

Oh, it was getting hard for Alma to stay up on his knees. Alma caught himself before his head could hit the ground, pushing himself back up, nearly falling backwards instead. He felt dizzy, nauseous too. Alma threw up more blood, shuddering. Oh, that wasn't good either. His body felt so cold, yet he felt no pain. Alma wanted to tip back his head and childishly laugh, actually.

He thought he was okay, he thought he was doing good.

He thought he didn't lose that much blood.

Aw man, Alois was going to be so incredibly pissed. Alma was terrified. Not of Alois (debatable), but he was terrified, for a moment, of death. Something very possible, something very real, something very greedy. Death...

Alma forced himself to sit up straight. He was fine. He would be fine. He couldn't collapse now! Echo needed him! Alma needed to stay awake! Alma was strong, he could manage for just a bit more!

Alma called out, blood running past his lips and pouring in front of him, his voice strong yet so very weak, "Someone..."
He trailed off, forgetting what he was going to ask. Help? Was he calling for help? Or was he calling for someone to watch Echo for him? He couldn't see, his vision was too dark and blurry.

(RIP, we be parkouring emotions)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

November 1, 2021 03:15:04  #166

Regeneration was something very common for angels. Demons...well, demons...hmm. Demons. 
"Demons."
It wasn't like there was anything to explain.

The fire spits blood, becomes blood, and leaps for blood. Hitan's figure disappears in their flames, but if anyone focuses, they can see a flicker of his silhouette once in a while, as spontaneous as the fire he has engulfed himself within.
It's a strange fire, really. It doesn't burn anything else now. But as its silent roar, a colossal, terrible ring that sounds yet does not sound, a miracle seems to happen.
Fatigue disappears. What was not to be comes to be again. What is supposed to be disappears and disappears and disappears. At the same time, past and persisting wrongs pass and persist, and the feelings of losing, of being wronged, and barely reaching the edge of a sentiment bleaker but purer than any descriptor of darkness and despair, continue.

This fire is too weak. Then again, if his wings got burnt off again, surely, at least one--no, no. Two...three...? Those "someone"s would not be very happy, provided they could somehow see through the inevitable ruse.
In all seriousness. It can't even char his clothes. Then again, maybe it wouldn't be very good if his clothes got charred.
It would be...unfitting. Embarrassing? Perhaps. Just maybe...perhaps.

...To him, no one else needed to burn.
Truly, this mindset is problematic.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 4, 2021 07:47:38  #167

Phantom walked quickly over to Alma. His feet seemed to move on their own, separate from the rest of what his body wanted. Something was wrong, horribly familiar, with seeing Alma cough up blood. He'd seen this before. He didn't know where, he didn't know who he'd seen. He wanted to help Alma. He wanted to save him. 

Kneeling beside Alma, he grabbed his shoulder, supporting him. "What's wrong? How can I help?" he asked urgently. He didn't sound...like himself right now. He sounded almost like a young child, desperate to do something good.

November 8, 2021 20:03:01  #168

Alma took a moment to reply, his eyes staring off. He registered Phantom, but replying was becoming hard. What did he need?

"Alois," Alma muttered. "Get Alois... and someone watch Echo... I can't see... very well..."

Malaika ran over, sitting down on the other side by Echo. She didn't say anything, unsure of what to do or even if she could do something to help. Lumi slowly made his way over, but very hesitantly.

Alma muttered out, "...need Alois..." He mumbled for a bit after, the word 'apologize' being in recognition and a short, unsteady laugh sounding out.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

November 11, 2021 21:14:30  #169

Since Phantom couldn't remember who Alois was, he simply shouted out their name and hoped they would come.

November 11, 2021 21:43:21  #170

Alma's expression changed a bit. He traced something beside him with a shaky hand before asking Phantom, "Three times... in a row? As loudly as... you can..."

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop

November 22, 2021 15:39:14  #171

(uwu)

Echo
he/him xe/xem
lil angst gumdrop