GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 8, 2021 01:43:02  #31

Re: [Intro] Street intersection at the border of the Modern Sect

"A border?" the chemist pipes up again once he realizes the others aren't saying anything. "What do you mean? Like, the edges where the city isn't the city anymore?" He bonks himself on the head. "That's probably wrong, ain't it?" He stops to regard her like he thinks he's wrong only because she's weird and cryptic.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

August 10, 2021 23:27:29  #32

Silence takes a moment to think.

"...Border? Can you, like, specify what you mean? Uh, like, what's the phrase... Can you elaborate on that?" Silence asks.

Echo is thinking about Aurae's name because it's pretty.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

August 12, 2021 00:08:39  #33

"The other place, the opposite of this," Aurae mumbled quickly, trying to remember the correct name for the concept in her mind. "I know what it is! I'll tell you, I'll find the right word, I promise..."
She made some hurried gestures with her hands but they didn't really add much to her words. Slightly more composed some seconds later, she said, "At least, please, show me the way out of this city."

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ
pjytlñhfñksfjgnm dfmghkdhldk

August 23, 2021 17:06:51  #34

Wiley, in Wiley fashion, takes out a scribbled map. Showing it to Aurae (at least the ink is dark), he points a way out of the city. Seems he doesn't think it's necessary to show her in person.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 2, 2021 22:20:34  #35

Aurae took a look at the map. With her finger, she drew an imperfect rhombus around a random part of the map and allowed her hand to fall back to her side.
"Is it the way to the medieval sect?"
Finally, what she wanted to ask.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

September 3, 2021 20:23:42  #36

"Nope. That, is a very long way from here. That's just the way outta the city, like I said." 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 14, 2021 09:18:08  #37

"How far?"

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

September 14, 2021 12:02:24  #38

"Beats me." Wiley taps the side of his head. There is, thankfully, no ringing noise. "I don't go to the Medieval Sect. If you're asking about the distance for the way out of the city? Still beats me." He pauses to stare at her rather passively for a moment. "I could calculate if I really need to, but you're not making what you're asking clear. If you just need to get to a place with nature or somethin', then you don't need to go to a whole different part of the world. Or do you?" 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 14, 2021 15:20:50  #39

Echo was a little slow on catching up with the conversation, so it seemed a bit sudden when she yelled, "I know where the medieval sect is! It is kinda far though... Like, a day-walk far on foot, I think."

Day-walk?

"She means it would take a good distance, maybe six hours on foot," Silence tried to clarify. "I personally don't really know how long it would take either."

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

September 29, 2021 02:05:22  #40

"Six hours!" Aurae echoed. "No no no, I can keep up a full day's walk. What I need is, let me explain. Uhu."
Taking a deep breath, she did a chopping motion with her hands. Just a movement for emphasis, not what she actually wants to say. "I need to get there! I can orient myself from there, surely! Just tell me the way, it's all I need, please. No money, no anything...and I'll even find a way to pay you in cookies," she said in a single breath.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

September 29, 2021 02:25:09  #41

"You should know this already," Wiley starts, glancing to the side as he speaks and keeping it there, locked on something unclear in the distance, "but there is no clear boundary between the sects. That's why ordinary mortals can't go through them. Happily for you, these two--" he fingerguns at Echo and Silence, "--aren't ordinary mortals. Perhaps they aren't even mortals. 'Ordinary mortals' don't know of the sects, after all. So if these two know where to go and are willing to guide you, and especially if they can use some fancy-schmancy powers to get you there without you needing to walk six hours? Then that's good for you. Me? Can't help guide you there. Only know of the other sects because of logic, not some special ability to recognize them and cross between them inherently." He grins, apparently unperturbed at not being special, but most of all, he's surprisingly unperturbed at not being able to get cookies from this.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 1, 2021 12:57:16  #42

"I wanna help! I wanna help!" Echo nodded. "Although... teleportation is hard..." Echo went into thought.

Silence patted Echo's head and said to Aurae, "We don't mind, like, guiding you there or whatever. Just give the kid a minute to, like, totally come up with an idea of how to get you there faster."

Echo still was in thought.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

October 8, 2021 00:09:31  #43

"No teleportation, please. It'd...make me dizzy." Aurae shook her head. By the way, she didn't ignore what Wiley said, though she didn't directly reply.
"Thank you, really, the help is very appreciated, thank you," she said in a quieter, calmer voice.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

October 8, 2021 01:26:45  #44

"Make her walk," Wiley suggests to Echo. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 8, 2021 23:53:28  #45

Echo tilted her head, still in thought. Her head snapped back up once she came up with an idea.

"Oh! Silence can shape shift! What if they shifted in wings and carried you!" Echo suggested excitedly. "I can keep up real easy too! It'll at least be a lil faster!"

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

October 10, 2021 00:32:47  #46

"I can walk just fine, though...I can walk quickly," she mentioned. "Just need to leave this city first."

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

October 12, 2021 20:28:36  #47

"Flying is both faster and more exhilarating," the scientist points out. "I mean, more risk comes greater reward! It's just your choice about whether potentially falling down from high elevations is worth the saved time."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 13, 2021 13:46:04  #48

"Gah! Don't fffricken scare 'er!" Silence said. 

"Oh! Okay, we can walk then," Echo said. "I like walking." 

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

October 13, 2021 16:22:13  #49

In response, Wiley just grins his designated Bastard Grin, which honestly isn't all that different from his usual grin.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 15, 2021 17:09:21  #50

Aurae shook her head again. "If I were willing to take the risk, I would have accepted, but..not now." She did her best to smile at Echo. "If we could set out as quickly as possible, please..."

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

November 2, 2021 01:44:46  #51

(Not sure if Echo is stuck or something but here)

"Byyyee," Wiley says with a big, bright smile that, despite those descriptors, hasn't changed its overall quality. He adds a big wave, too, with one hand.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

November 8, 2021 17:02:06  #52

"We can go right now if you wanna!" Echo said excitedly.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

Board footera