GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 12, 2021 20:11:41  #7111

Re: Cosmic Dim. (V. XVIII), You're Correct but You're Not Right

What I have done today:
-Slept for 14 hours
-Ate lunch
-Did my math final (: 

I will see how many I can plow through today while permitting sleep's existence

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

October 12, 2021 23:55:10  #7112

Cangbai Wangzuo has been doing a daily update thing for the past 3 days which is really cool
Anyways current plot (spoilers ahead) is that kind, where I'm not completely sure what's going on but my heart hurts

It started off at the end of the flashback, with some people trying to kill a guy ("Ku" is the only part of his name that's been given, and that's after the debuting chapter; his name isn't given and I'm not sure if Ku is his surname or his given one). He escapes into a collapsible tunnel and they essentially throw in an explosive, detonate it, and make the tunnel collapse. Before they did so, some of the lackeys ask their head if he wants to give mercy--because "they (the person they're trying to catch/kill and the head of the group) have been bros for more than a decade." He doesn't give mercy, citing that they've already gone this far--and as the tunnel collapses on Ku, he wonders if things could have turned out differently if "they took a different choice back then." 
All these are new characters, which is why I struggled a lot with connecting things. But anyways, the scene goes back to when they were all younger, though college-age--the main characters of this segment are the head of the future group, whose surname is Chen; Ku; and a blond guy who's seen as dumb, who is called "Lin Er" (I'm guessing "second son/child of the Lin family") and whose family runs a beekeeping business. All three of them were bros. Turns out Chen is the second generation of a very affluent politician (his dad), though that was already implied in the debuting chapter (where the lackeys say his father can cover the tunnel collapse up) and that rumors have been swirling around the town as of recent regarding his father (likely regarding corruption). Anyhow, because it's Chen's birthday, they go out to drink (on Ku's tab, though the owner of the bar claims that she'll cover the costs because it's for Chen [and his father's influences]). Afterwards, Lin demands that they play Hide-and-Seek, much to the chagrin of Chen and Ku, who play along somewhat. They tell Lin to count to 50, and they part ways to, uh, go to the restroom and deal with the aftereffects of drinking too much.
Chen is unlucky; he comes across a guy who's about to be interviewed by the press regarding Chen's father the very next day. The guy mistakenly thinks that Chen was sent by his father to intimidate him, and essentially starts attacking Chen, claiming that today one of them will die. Chen, of course, doesn't know what's going on, but he fights back and at one point jams a broken stick into the guy's temple, killing him. Knowing what he's probably done, he calls his dad to ask if it can be "covered up."
Turns out it can't, and the situation takes a turn. It also turns out that Chen's dad had hired a gang to break the leg of the guy who was going to be interviewed (who's dead now, of course) in another alley. It's just that Chen came upon the guy instead (so the guy wasn't wrong about the politician knowing stuff and sending people after him; it just wasn't the politician's son lol). Meanwhile, while all this is happening, Lin wanders into the alley with the gang, who are told that the event can't be covered up and that they'll have to find a scapegoat. Though they were initially going to let Lin go, what better scapegoat than a young man who seemingly doesn't understand anything?
So they beat Lin up and take him to Chen, explaining that Chen will have to dump the fault of the murder on Lin. Chen initially refuses, citing that "Lin Er is my bro"--but the gang reminds him that a murder on his record would not only ruin his future but also impact his dad..."and [he should know] what that would entail."
So that's the ending of the recent chapter. It's implied strongly that Chen changes his mind and pins the blame on Lin. But all this while, Ku hasn't actually appeared since this fiasco has started, so I'm interested in seeing how he's warped into it to the point of Chen wanting to kill him. Does he defend Lin? Or is he simply capable of deducing what happened and isn't seen to be someone who can reliably keep his mouth shut? Either way, I'm intrigued, but mostly I feel really hurt. Ku doesn't feel like a bad person, and honestly...I hope he doesn't die, but that depends on the will of the authors.

I need to go re-read some chapters. I don't remember Chen's face well and I recall a guy who was a beekeeper,,,

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

October 12, 2021 23:59:09  #7113

I overthought things xD

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

October 13, 2021 00:58:02  #7114

Why is it that when cats get paid with treats for things like baths and nail-clipping they're called cute, but when I want food to take care of myself it's called greedy

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

October 13, 2021 15:56:30  #7115

And with this post, I surpass Specter's post count by one, becoming the true Apple God of this mortals' haven

----

You gotta admire me for being able to do PSATs with only a non-consecutive half-hour of sleep lol
Idk how I did on it, lol. Don't ask me. I didn't screw it up, though. I just can't say I got 100%. 
I tried my best.
I'm just trying to figure out if I can do finals with this amount of sleep lol

And no, I didn't choose to only get a half-hour of sleep. I was actually aiming for 5.5 hours but skin allergies reared its ugly head, so instead I got stuck staring into the abyss of my mind for the entire night
I would describe my experiences there but (*shudders*) what the actual [heck] was going on there,,,
It was like a conglomeration of all the mental health issues I've been doing a better job of keeping out during awake/conscious hours and a lot of voices. 
I feel like being there was a foreshadowing of issues I'll experience as a teenager or something. If that's what I'll have to deal with after 2 years, I'll have to take a break from this place because I can't see anything going even borderline well.
I hope instead that what I saw there was more like the equivalent of an asylum for true insanity/everything negative in my mind and that I don't have to deal with it for 99.99% of my life

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

October 13, 2021 16:18:03  #7116

Bwnfnskckd sir are you sure you're okay at this point

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Men+.ヽ(≧▽≦)ノ.+゚
lil angst gumdrop ˙˚∘⊹🦋⊹∘˚˙
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

October 13, 2021 16:25:19  #7117

At this point? Yes. In the future? Hopefully. Idk lol there was a lot of "stuff" stocked up there, all of which I don't wanna deal with. Ever. xD Avoiding problems yayyyy

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

October 13, 2021 19:26:25  #7118

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

And I don't know Autumn's time zone. Wonder if hers will change soon.

-Galaxian-

I'm in EDT/EST! funny that you wonder if it'll change because I do too, ultimately depends on my acceptances 

also at least you got the PSAT over with! you did your best, so don't worry too much about it

and good luck with finals! if you can, please try to find a way to rest and relax whenever you can (even if that rest doesn't necessarily take the form of sleep, although getting sleep would be ideal); it's okay to take a break for the sake of both your physical and mental health 

Autumn (she/her)
I do promise I check up on this place occasionally

October 14, 2021 00:31:59  #7119

How do you find these messages xD you're amazing
Thank you for being the only one to respond directly to that btw xD I probably made everyone uncomfortable with it lol

Let us know if you change your time zone :3 and let us know when you accept so we can send congratulations :3 (don't let us know which college/university you actually accept though. Don't be like [possible] future me xD) 

And yeah I got the PSAT over with. I might have a panic attack if the score isn't good enough but that's for the future lol.

Thank you for the luck :3. I have 3 left and I'll be trying to get at least one more done tonight. My mental health's okay for the time being xD break is coming up, after all. I haven't the right to be all stressed at the moment. 
Good luck on your classes/finals and any college-related applications, if you're still working on those!

----

My stress/anxiety is more coming from other sources, like my family in China lol. (They still don't know how SARS-CoV-2 spreads and they don't listen to me when I try to explain (((((: also they keep gathering in groups of 10+ frequently lol) It's honestly impossible not to care but I'm trying my best to be like "It is what it is" lol
My grandfather,,, oh boy, my grandfather,,, even here the elderly (the sensible ones anyways) try to lead their families towards being more safe and are the ones more cautious about the pandemic, while my grandfather,,, bruh I don't even wanna talk about it. I cried a little earlier regarding this topic lol. That doesn't say much considering I cry easily, but yeah this family does not let you (my mom, me) "put down your heart" (Chinese saying, which means to essentially be assured of certain others' safety, common sense, wellbeing, etc.). It forces you to learn how to let go and hope that the family members' luck holds on. Also, it makes you give some props to the Chinese government, as criticized as it is for its authoritarianism, because its current pandemic management is what's helping that luck of your family's. 

Some distant relative of mine, a guy (who I had never heard of before today), was riding a motorcycle a few days back and crashed into a semitruck. I don't know what exactly happened, but I think he flipped into a ditch or something, and apparently he wasn't wearing a helmet (I was the only one who actually focused on this detail lol, Grandfather was basically like "Well that happened"). I accidentally called this dude "dumb" for not wearing a helmet in Chinese before my mom told me that he died. I thought that he somehow survived and had just broken a leg or something. I was not aware that he died. So yeah, I called a deceased one "dumb," which is kinda blasphemy in Chinese culture. Good thing I'm secular as heck. Ancestors, don't come after me please, I'll give you some cake if you don't,,,
The dude was only 21 or 22. Makes me think, but apparently it doesn't make anyone else in my family do that as well. Truly, a pity. 

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

October 14, 2021 15:29:44  #7120

I only have one final left
Gonna do it after I eat since rn I'm just online to check the grades I got in the ones I did last night

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

October 14, 2021 15:43:16  #7121

If anyone's wondering which one it is, it's
S p a n i s h

I have 0 confidence even though technically I probably will do better than most
You know why I'm so stressed? 'Cause if I get 100% then I'll technically get a 100% in the course, while if I don't I'm gonna drag the grade down a lot. It's the final grade in the course.
"Oh boy" moment

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

October 14, 2021 15:46:36  #7122

💪 ¡Puedes hacerlo! 💪 ¡Que te vaya bien! 💪

Specter
Let your world be a world 
that you build with a smile!

✪˛✧ ∴ˑ ✴ ∵ ˛✧ ˑ✪

October 14, 2021 16:35:29  #7123

The irony of this is just sickening.
(This is a reference lol)

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

October 14, 2021 16:54:11  #7124

Still eating btw
My mom [accidentally] put celery so now I have a headache lol rip. Also a stomachache. I love celery

I am currently trying to decide if helping to cut paper goes against my morals (it's for a club activity)

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

October 14, 2021 17:52:14  #7125

Scraped by with an A, which is surprising because I thought I'd do much worse (the A was the typical for in-person classes, so I was expecting to get lower lol)
And that's it with finals. Yay.

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

October 14, 2021 17:56:39  #7126

So my final grades for the quarter range from 95% to ~100%, with the 95% being because P.E. only gives 95%s :')
And if anyone needs this explanation again, quarter grades are how it's counted at this school. My usual school goes by semester grades, but yeah this counts on the transcript so lol (middle school went by this system also and I hated it back then. I have become more tolerant of it as time as passed)
Surprisingly, I did better on all the 理科 classes lmiao. AP Lang refuses to give me a sophistication point (justified) so yee that's my second lowest grade (at a 96.9% or something I think). Oof.

I don't know what I'll do now :D

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

October 14, 2021 19:39:35  #7127

Heard someone pronounce "waifu" as "way-fu" and got instantly pwned

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

October 15, 2021 12:56:36  #7128

Yesterday was a night of Galaxian Sucks at F/GO
I ended the last fight with Ashwatthama at 1,300 health and the enemy about to Open Sesame him. The only reason I won was because Ashwatthama actually crit all three cards, as opposed to all the 80% and 90% crits that I missed. 
Another fight I soloed with Mash at the end (Osakabehime lasted a bit with class disadvantage too)
I am extremely grateful to my Servants lol, did I mention that?

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

October 18, 2021 00:33:51  #7129

HYXHN updated hehehe
Interactions between Honghong and Rongrong for once! Usually it's past Yaya and Honghong or current Rongrong and Yaya. It's very rare to see the two of them talking casually. Though, even this time, it doesn't count

"Haha simp"

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

October 18, 2021 16:41:41  #7130

I had a dream, and in that dream I turned Darth Vader into a lesbian.
I love my mind.

Seriously though, what the heck??

I mean it's cool, I guess, but like, why?

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

October 18, 2021 19:28:09  #7131

Someone dumped dog poop directly into our garbage can so like, my mom and I were cleaning that up.
Yeah, so, whee.

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

October 18, 2021 19:31:22  #7132

My mom was venting about that, so as usual, when someone else is pessimistic, I was thinking, "Oh, they're almost there! They just gotta actually wrap it up next time, and they'll be doing it right."
Arguably she was being realistic and I was being stupid though lol

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

October 18, 2021 19:45:53  #7133

Specter's Waver finally appeared on a more major quest and with Changgong and Uncle I'll-Shoot-It (William Tell), we delightfully obliterated all the enemies.

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

October 18, 2021 20:18:16  #7134

You know, I always feel bad pwning enemy Wavers because the dude's overworked and also Zhuge Liang was/is my childhood iol, but it's kinda like the song "I Don't Wanna Die," specifically:
"I don't wanna die, I don't wanna die, I don't wanna die, so you're gonna have to"
,,, yep

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

October 18, 2021 21:24:56  #7135

Spoilers for a fight in the Babylonian Singularity

For the fight against Quetzalcoatl,,, oh boy
So essentially I have no real single-target damage dealers who are in the Assassin class (or Alter Egos) who also are either Neutral or Evil
So I relied entirely on Jack the Ripper.
R.I.P. Ushi and Mash oof
Ushi got wiped out really quickly and so did Mash, though I was smart for once and actually used Mash's skills. Good thing I did that, or it would've been a waste of her good skills. I also got her to NP so that really helped out Osakabehime and Jack.
Then it was just simply trying to get damage down while keeping the two Assassins alive, especially Jack. 
Ngl, Osakabehime the real MVP, as Echo would put it. Jack has her credit, too, ofc, as a ridiculously good star generator and my DPS, but dang, she wouldn't have lasted without Okkie. 
Anyways I won on my first try, yay.
I was gonna feel real bad since I put Passionlip's taunt on if Jack couldn't finish Quetzalcoatl off that last turn, but thankfully it didn't have any use in the end.

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

October 18, 2021 23:56:21  #7136

haha 100K crit from my boy Bedivere
And a 180K NP from him too.
Everyone ended at full health and that's what I like to see :D

----

You know when there's something you wanted to share but you don't feel like doing it because,,, idk tbh. 
I have that sense of whether or not someone will appreciate something and it really doesn't help my selfishness at all, but hey. Instincts good.
I'll share when I want to, I guess.

Also just got a friend request lol
These new players don't know that my Servants aren't all that OP xD

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

October 19, 2021 00:25:18  #7137

240K NP from Bedi :D

This team is OP tbh
And yeah I know, that technically isn't that much damage, but when I mean OP I mean I'm not reduced to nearly crying for my Servants on low health and can instead focus on overdoing things and keeping everyone at max health, which isn't actually the objective of the game but it's funny if anyone thought I cared about that

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

October 20, 2021 01:33:06  #7138

I basically just soloed a fight with Changgong
Y'know, when they say to raise your Servants out of love, this is what they meant, I think by that I mean the attack up Fous I threw his way even though he's a Support a very long time ago
Of course, other Servants deserve credit too.
Spoilers for a fight lol

So it was the Ereshkigal fight. She puts on Skill Seal, NP Seal, and makes HP Recovery useless, so the entire time I was relying on luck (as in not getting critted every hecking turn,,, which happened on my first attempt) as well as some strategy for best raw damage
I had Bedivere NP as soon as possible to take a big chunk of her HP away, and then it was essentially just Changgong "soloing" as a DPS lol. Bedi helped, of course, but dang lol
Changgong lasted the entire way (since he has 1,000/2,000 for HP Fous) but was left with like only 1000 HP at the end. By then Altera had come in and helped. So yeah. Yay. Two attempts. Pretty bad but xD what am I to do? I'm no genius like canon Ritsuka.

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

October 20, 2021 01:53:22  #7139

"He made many mistakes, but anyway, may he rest in peace" is something I wouldn't imagine even fictional characters saying about their sworn enemies when said enemies die
Somehow unsurprising, which isn't a good thing.

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

October 20, 2021 08:19:18  #7140

Canon Ritsuka is a prodigy with strategy xD 
Ah yes, the crits in Eresh's fight. By the way, how did you like Ereshkigal?

Specter
Let your world be a world 
that you build with a smile!

✪˛✧ ∴ˑ ✴ ∵ ˛✧ ˑ✪

Board footera