HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 26, 2021 00:40:15  #121

Re: [@Specter; future] Split from the normal day at the Clocktower...

"They say that way of thinking's a way to measure maturity, no? Means I still got a ways to go before getting there," Yvonne mumbled. "I don't know deep philosophy. I just live...in the moment,,,"

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

September 26, 2021 00:48:28  #122

"They say so?" He blinks rapidly, his eyelashes fluttering in surprise. "Hmm, well, if so, I too have a path of progress I must walk..." he murmurs, half to herself, half to the other mage. "...ah, how embarrassing. I am not yet able to set a proper example of wisdom."  
He's keeping an eye on her to make sure she doesn't fall asleep on her feet, by the way. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

September 29, 2021 01:54:47  #123

Good, cause that burst of energy from a while ago appears to be fading.
"we all learn new things daily," Yvonne said with a light shrug.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

September 29, 2021 02:13:32  #124

"True. Well, I shall look forward to it, then." He pauses. Impressively, the momentary silence, for all of its indications that he wishes to continue speaking, isn't awkward, perhaps because of him being Nagesh and thus somehow having that skill.
Then, he continues. "Well, then, even if we did not find any specific resources on the topic, I would still like to thank you for accompanying me here. I would ordinarily remove my presence from your vicinity now, but..." A contemplative seriousness, though not an absolute one, has settled over his features like a soft layer of snow. Without his usual smile, he does seem older, more mature, more...experienced. Even his eyes still.
"I will not dabble around the point. I would like to ask you, just one Nagesh to one Yvonne--what is your plan for this place should the Clocktower lose?"

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

September 29, 2021 02:37:02  #125

"hmm..."
Yvonne took one finger to her lips in a thinking gesture. As if she hadn't known her reply until a moment ago. The truth is she didn't need to think about the question. It was just a few seconds to decide how to say it. And to gather the energy needed, too. After all, she was the one who had known about the future incident since before anyone else.
"w-- Well, not to sound all mushy, but..." The mage's expression broke into a soft, sincere smile. "I'll stay here, Nagesh. There's nowhere for me to go. The least I can do for the one place in this world I am able to call Home..."
She placed her fingertips over her chest. "Yvonne will stay behind. She won't be persuaded to leave, no matter what anyone says. All of her efforts, the last bit of her energy... you all stay safe, and this place and I shall share one same fate. That imposed by the enemy."

"But as long as everyone works together, this is something you don't need to trouble yourself for."

Yvonne's smile looked grave without the sparkles in her irises glittering like some moments ago.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

September 29, 2021 03:16:16  #126

He doesn't seem surprised.
"I see." No pause now. Just a step back as he continues speaking. "Thank you for answering me," he states before he holds his hands up, curls his right hand's fingers slightly inward, taps their presently-formed outer edge against the palm of his left hand, and slightly inclines his head downwards in her direction. He lifts his head and, clasping his hands together, he smiles. "Well, then, as usual, I will be in the care of everyone here. I will attempt to follow along in the trail of your mutual cooperation to the best of my ability."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 1, 2021 23:36:15  #127

((I'm trying to figure out if this is a cue to lead to the thread's end?))

The mage allowed her hands to fall at her sides. Even her shoulders dipped a bit, all in contrast to her previous effort to be alert.
"thank you for understanding," went the simple reply. Yvonne bobbed her head as she wasn't quite sure of how to react to Nagesh's gesture. "we are all glad of your presence here. and an extra 'thank you' from me as well,,,"

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

October 12, 2021 19:05:47  #128

"Ha, don't even think about it." He waves his hand a little side-to-side, seemingly completely relaxed. "Well then, I should probably be getting back to Chronos now. Wouldn't want to get my employment terminated today. I hear the deities communicate well in terms of that," he adds with a slight eyebrow raise, intended to be for humorous effect (and obviously referring to his employment under Rune as well). "Get your rest if you must, Yvonne. Being on high alert all the time is actually quite inefficient, you know."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

October 12, 2021 23:07:56  #129

Yvonne repeated her previous gesture with more confidence. 
"heeh...I'll gladly take your advice. take care, nagesh, and we'll see you around," she said, smiling and dipping slightly to one side. It's on purpose, by the way. With that movement Yvonne also got set to walk away.

Specter
Your loyal crewmate.
Totally not an
imposter.

October 12, 2021 23:23:24  #130

"Goodbye." The mage, smiling a little again, watches her take a few steps before he, too, walks away, a tail of his clothing trailing in his wake. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera