GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 13, 2021 02:48:43  #6931

Re: Cosmic Dim. (V. XVIII), You're Correct but You're Not Right

This is representative of AP U.S. Gov for me and you can't convince me otherwise. 

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 13, 2021 13:41:41  #6932

On a less light note

Where I am is going down the long, steep road to hell.
Once again, this is the kind of time where I ask: "Why did they ever say 'One death is too much'? Was it just a lie?"

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 13, 2021 13:48:45  #6933

Listen, I know some kids have special needs. I'm not saying that masks don't have adverse impact on their education and mental health. I'm not saying that masks don't have adverse impact on anyone's mental health.
But the entire debate being focused on "parents' choices," "personal choice" is stupid. 
Like someone said, if mask-wearing only made the mask-wearer safe, then the entire "my freedoms! my rights!" argument would be a lot more important and actually valid.
Otherwise, consider an immunocompromised kid/adult/anyone of any age getting killed by SARS-CoV-2 because someone else "had a choice."
I'm not voicing what I'm thinking correctly, and I don't think I need to.
The gist is that there are people who are so, so stupid, and for some reason they can apparently be the majority. What the (heck).

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 13, 2021 13:51:18  #6934

By the way, being exempt from mask mandates due to religious reasons is stupid, and so are the people who are trying for exemptions due to "health reasons" that aren't even valid in terms of needing to not wear a mask.
I am completely fine with people who can't wear a mask for real, but then again they probably should stay home. Well, I know how unrealistic that might be. Stay home for most of the time is the way to go, I guess.
The important part is in the first section of this post. 
I can respect people's religions despite seeing that faith as irrational, but then I see some of them using that faith as a crutch into even more irrational and dangerous actions, and then my impression of them just gets worse.
By the way, people who have breathing problems who are trying to get out of mask mandates--have you considered COVID-19 is also a respiratory disease? Yeah sure, you breathe easier without a mask, but if you get COVID-19...well I don't see a positive difference (:

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 13, 2021 13:55:35  #6935

I said more positive things about my volunteering experiences, but so far the people who wear masks are all Asians for the most part (99% of the people who wear masks are Asians, that is). I pretend not to care about the people who don't, because they're 'customers' and honestly it's not like I could force anyone to wear a mask, but there's so many emotions swirling inside me while I seem to ignore the fact.

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 13, 2021 17:37:52  #6936

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 13, 2021 18:16:51  #6937

respectfully, I am in tears,

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Men+.ヽ(≧▽≦)ノ.+゚
lil angst gumdrop ˙˚∘⊹🦋⊹∘˚˙
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

September 13, 2021 18:21:32  #6938

whirrr whirr whirrrrr (:

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 13, 2021 18:43:17  #6939

*sobs*

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Men+.ヽ(≧▽≦)ノ.+゚

September 13, 2021 19:11:29  #6940

(*approaches*) (:

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 13, 2021 19:22:33  #6941

*SCREAMS*

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Men+.ヽ(≧▽≦)ノ.+゚

September 13, 2021 19:31:15  #6942

(*continues advancing*)

(*to be continued music plays*)

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 13, 2021 22:59:55  #6943

I finished my math homework today (lol finished APUSH early yesterday and would've likely finished Friday if I weren't out) and spent some time watching a movie
Watched entirely for animations and scenery. The latter part is often the reason for watching any more modern Chinese work lol. Chinese films do best in scenery and worldbuilding better than most any other country's works imo. 
I appreciate the background behind why the movie was made, too. Kinda like Rio (gods I hated that movie,,, only because I had to watch it 150 times and couldn't get away from it, mind you. Why were other kids like that, watching the same film over half a year?????? I wonder that to this day)

could talk more about it but nah. 
Pacing weird, story weird, characters slightly stupid. There is a reason why I back the more Western approach of being more candid and open with one's feelings

Math homework was pretty okay this week, though still more than other classes. Wonder if I can remember the content properly, though. :D

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 13, 2021 23:07:14  #6944

Gonna try to do roleplaying stuff or whatever.
Actually, I think I might need to start on homework. Again
Life is sufferririririring

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 14, 2021 09:22:29  #6945

Homeroom is giving me much anxiety
Mostly because we're going over what to do in the event of a shooting
Which is okay in itself. The only thing that makes me anxious is the fact some kids don't have common sense (:

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 14, 2021 09:34:46  #6946

I have a love-hate relationship with the moments where I suddenly desire to listen to a certain song
I usually know what it is but the moments when I don't know the song and also can't remember what follows a certain section? Pure agony.
Anyways it just happened but I know the song very well (I liked it so much I copied the lyrics by hand to learn it) so lol yay 

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 14, 2021 11:09:50  #6947

Today is dead-inside day (:
I have like a weird desire to talk to friends whenever I need to do homework (well not "whenever" but it does happen when I have homework) and then when I'm actually done with homework, I shut down.

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 14, 2021 12:34:06  #6948

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 14, 2021 17:09:37  #6949

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 14, 2021 17:12:40  #6950

I identify with the dragon on the viewer's right too much for my own good
Probably a potential pfp or smthn

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 14, 2021 18:24:25  #6951

Just a quick rant of sorts. I'm not really annoyed or angry or anything like that. Just gonna passively point out something. However--

TW: Depression, suicide

So someone I know on Discord...is not going about things in a very good way. I'll call them Q for privacy reasons. Also will be using they/them pronouns for the same reasons as well.

Q keeps getting harassed by people, and so they keep ranting about it almost every day, or every other day. One of those harassers is someone who I guess is probably underage to be on Discord and is also really immature. The kid ships a pair that Q hates as a pairing (it triggers them), and this kid keeps spamming Q with pictures and text and stuff related to that pairing.
There's also other harassment stuff going on, like iirc another underage kid did something wrong and then went around telling others that it was Q's fault (and their friend's fault), which led to people spamming their DMs and making them really anxious and upset/triggered. Which is all normal. I understand being upset.
'Cept it's pretty clear that most of these triggering situations could be avoided just by blocking DMs from anyone who's not on the friend list. It's on Discord. And of course, they already blocked certain accounts on other platforms, which is why I'm not talking about that. I see that as a great solution. But on Discord, they don't want to use that setting because "they want to be friendly." 
I understand they want to be friendly, but this person, Q, is someone with depression that makes them want to kill themselves if their emotions go too far down the negative end. And I've also seen them venting almost every single day since I've joined their server about similar things (as what I've mentioned here)--about online harassment and such. And these repetitive situations have pushed them to saying that they want to kill themselves, at least once within this week.
So in general, I gave advice, and since it's not going to be heeded I won't give it again, but still I question it. Their actions just really don't add up in my view. I've considered emotional, logical, and purely rational reasons, and none of them seem to fit the mark here. Emotionally, I understand wanting to be more open towards others, but then again the emotional toll in this situation is much more than the benefit. Logically, well, that reason can't be brainstormed. Overall, rationally? The course of action ain't looking good.
I guess I can just say I'm thankful I'm not really their friend, 'cause if I was I'd probably be really worried and eventually get so frustrated with how they do things. I do hope someone close to them can get through to them, though, since that's not going to be me.

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 14, 2021 18:29:23  #6952

A question to the people who are a part of the LGBTQ+ community:

(TW: Discussion of possible slur)

I just wanted to know: Is "femboy" a slur or derogatory towards a part of the LGBTQ+ community, e.g. trans people? In the context I'm thinking, with its basic definition, I'm thinking of using it as a term to describe gender expression. You might be able to guess who I'd call a femboy (not a real person). I don't want to use it if it's solidly an offensive slur, so please let me know. I've searched around and I don't really see a definitive answer to this question (generally I see that it's not as long as it's used properly, but some people on blogs say that it is one).
If it can be a slur but isn't one in normal usage, I want to reassure you that I won't call any real people by this term just in case and will try my best to research to make sure I won't offend anyone. But as for this question, well, I thought it might be better to just ask the community rather than swim around the internet.

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 14, 2021 19:30:14  #6953

GalaxianExplosion wrote:

A question to the people who are a part of the LGBTQ+ community:

(TW: Discussion of possible slur)

I just wanted to know: Is "femboy" a slur or derogatory towards a part of the LGBTQ+ community, e.g. trans people? In the context I'm thinking, with its basic definition, I'm thinking of using it as a term to describe gender expression. You might be able to guess who I'd call a femboy (not a real person). I don't want to use it if it's solidly an offensive slur, so please let me know. I've searched around and I don't really see a definitive answer to this question (generally I see that it's not as long as it's used properly, but some people on blogs say that it is one).
If it can be a slur but isn't one in normal usage, I want to reassure you that I won't call any real people by this term just in case and will try my best to research to make sure I won't offend anyone. But as for this question, well, I thought it might be better to just ask the community rather than swim around the internet.

-Galaxian-

Femboy is not a slur, but if you want to call someone one then you probably should ask first just in case it may cause them dysphoria. If used properly tho, it wouldn't be a slur. Tbh, as a trans masc non-binary, I can't really see it as a slur and sometimes have referred to myself as a femboy because Memes

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Men+.ヽ(≧▽≦)ノ.+゚

September 14, 2021 23:25:21  #6954

I asked him but he left before I could get an answer, guess I'll wait

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 14, 2021 23:26:26  #6955

Can't believe political satire is what's keeping my sanity at 75%
Also these people are a mood--
Idk I slept for like 4.5 hours yesterday lol what I say might not be valid, or might be even more valid than usual, who knows until there's more comparison??

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 15, 2021 17:17:54  #6956

I like how the end of the Star Wars sequel trilogy series is like

some knock-off knock-knock joke

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 16, 2021 00:31:51  #6957

Apparently there's a TikTok challenge that's leading kids to vandalize school bathrooms/buildings and steal school property

No wonder people say there's cancer on the platform
The people participating in such challenges, I mean. Pretty good analogy! Change gone wrong.

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 16, 2021 14:08:09  #6958

I hope this means that Support Servants finally grouped together into a labor union because not only are they overworked, they also keep getting yeeted by Chen Gong. They deserve laws to protect them

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 16, 2021 17:17:55  #6959

History is much funnier if you put it into another context

Take the Spanish and French kings allying to try to make Britain give France an acceptable peace treaty
It's so funny because Britain's like "Well I declare war on you too!" to the Spanish as soon as this happens
xD idk it's much funnier in my head, possibly because 1) Technically the war was over by that point so Britain declaring war on Spain seems like they did it out of smugness, 2) Why would you want stuff when you've already lost? @French

-Galaxian-

是非成败转头空
青山依旧在 
几度夕阳红

September 16, 2021 23:46:38  #6960

Lol you know when you choose an ad to evaluate and start tearing up from it
Geez whiz.
Okay but I chose good ads, lol.

One of the ads I chose was "Dumb Ways to Die" and now it's stuck in my head~
Dumb ways to dieeee~ so many dumb ways to die~~~

-Galaxian-