GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 27, 2021 19:19:03  #1

(Marvin's intro) 'bout time I pulled this boy into the fray

This was the second time Marsh was caught with a dead body. Last time the man was decapitated and leaking blood all over the ground, this time the corpse doesn’t even look like it’s dead. From further away it seems as if Marsh is just talking to a normal, very alive dude. Blonde and about half a head taller than them, nothing seems out of place other than the fact that Marsh is, you know, socializing. 

The first thing one notices when they get close enough is the stench, the stink of rotten flesh. The second is how unbelievably pale this man is, his skin tone is unnaturally grey as if all the blood was gone from his body. Something is off, something is very very off. The more one looked, the clearer the oddities seemed. This man wasn’t breathing, the steady rise and fall of a live person’s chest is not there. His eyes are glazed over, dead, his lips are cracked and his skin is dryer than that of a normal human. He looks like a newly dead corpse, someone who just got their blood drained and hasn’t quite started to decay yet. This was a living corpse, no this was a spirit possessing a dead body, this is a death deity’s crude imitation of life. The question is why would Marsh do this, who are they doing this for?

Last edited by Silverphoenix580 (June 27, 2021 19:19:20)

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
----------------------------------------
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

June 27, 2021 19:36:25  #2

Re: (Marvin's intro) 'bout time I pulled this boy into the fray

Galaxian's honestly just here to make a remark, and that remark is him muttering softly, "Oh, this is the point where a questionable, probably bad decision is made, and bad things happen after that." He doesn't sound exactly happy about it, but then again, if that's his view on things, that isn't anything to be happy about. But he just continues watching, maybe ready to intervene, or maybe not.
Also, he feels bad for whoever actually has a sense of smell. New corpses aren't exactly supposed to smell like spring flowers.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

June 30, 2021 19:14:36  #3

Someone else took interest in the situation. It's just a young man with dark red hair.
"Wow, it smells like dead 'round here," Emmot muttered to himself (a bit too loudly). He approached Marsh and the other guy, and once he was almost at conversation distance, he greeted.
"Hello! This is wrong, y'know?"

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ
pjytlñhfñksfjgnm dfmghkdhldk

July 4, 2021 14:02:33  #4

Marsh yelped, startled by Emmot's greeting. While Marvin seemed calm and composed, watching the boy with curiousity, the deity next to him looked like they were ready to bolt. Marsh grabbed the corpse's wrist and tried to drag him away but Marvin firmly stayed put. His cracked lips curled up slightly in an almost smile, "hello there, may I ask what exactly is wrong here?" 

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

July 4, 2021 22:34:04  #5

Echo doesn't quite have a filter.

"Whoaaaa, a dead person..." Echo marveled, staring at Marvin in curiosity.

Silence said, "Huh, well ya don't see this kinda stuff every day."

Where did these two appear from?! Who knows. Maaagic.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop
“If he be Mr. Hyde,” he had thought, “I shall be Mr. Seek.”

July 5, 2021 15:30:26  #6

Marsh looks panicked now, as if she was caught red handed with a dead body... oh wait she was. Marvy on the other hand just carefully watched the newcomers. "Marvin let's go." Marsh hissed sharply, trying again to tug him away. Marvin frowned, not budging an inch. Marsh looked visibly uncomfortable.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

July 6, 2021 01:22:30  #7

"Yeah, what they said." Emmot gestured in Echo and Silence's direction. That's what's wrong- but nah, not wrong, just unusual. Sooooo...a soul possessing a corpse, is it? Won't you and your friend at least say hi back now that there's others here too?"
He pinched his nose for a second to block his sense of smell. Then he just smiled.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

July 6, 2021 13:17:46  #8

"Me?" Marsh glanced around before pointing at themselves, they huffed "I can hardly be considered his friend." They're eyes darted around as if looking for a way out of this situation. 

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

July 6, 2021 14:21:02  #9

Silence doesn't seem to care much about the smell while Echo backed up a bit.

Silence grinned at Marsh, "You seem a bit sus~ Haha! Just joking." Or are they really joking? Silence is studying Marsh hard, watching them look for an escape. They aren't hiding this fact at all, making it quite clear that they are watching Marsh.

Echo was staring at Marvin, trying to figure out how a corpse could be moving.

Cassiel in the back of her mind said, Well, well, well. Something actually slightly interesting. Let's see how quickly it gets old.

Echo pushed them back further in her mind, ignoring Cassiel's statement. Cassiel continued to complain, which made Echo relieved no one else could hear them.

Echo asked Marvin, "How are you?"

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

July 7, 2021 01:06:45  #10

"So you're not friends?" Emmot focused more on Marvin's appearance.
"Maybe an explanation would help. It is sus," he said, repeating Silence's word with an added chuckle.

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

July 7, 2021 17:59:34  #11

Realizing there's no easy way out of this situation, Marsh sighed in defeat. "I had to get this pestering spirit a body of some kind or he's not gonna stop nagging me all day..." They explained as simply as possible.

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

July 9, 2021 12:52:51  #12

Echo continued to stare at Marvin as he didn't answer her question. It was quite an intense stare.

Silence said, "So... you stole someone else's corpse?"

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

July 9, 2021 16:50:38  #13

"umm well when you put it like that..." Marsh's voice trailed off, realizing how bad of an idea it was for them to give Marvin a body, what were they thinking.

Marvin noticed Echo's staring and remembered there was a question he has yet to answer. "Oh I'm doing ok I suppose, was just on my way to buy some alchemy equipment with my walle- I mean with Marsh here. How are you?"

Marsh
Pronouns? Surprise me
Mariah Carey DNI

18 || Braincells? No

July 13, 2021 23:29:33  #14

"But do you know why he wants a body?"
Emmot crossed his arms as he asked Marsh, still with a (friendly?) smile. "And how come you just did it like that??? It's too easy to see he's not alive."

Specter
Hakjfbjehsbjdf
jdfkdbjfskbksja
Kabksjfbslfkgghñ

July 13, 2021 23:49:33  #15

Echo stared for a long time again before shrugging.

Echo
he/him xe/xem
Ultimate Simp
lil angst gumdrop

Board footera