GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 7, 2021 17:43:05  #451

Re: Welcome to a Place of Memes and Commenting on My Life~Eliza's HT

Your local Kacchan-obessesed Quirkless Failure

"We build a giant Hatsune Miku mech and get Shinji to pilot it." ~Me

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

July 8, 2021 19:31:48  #452

It's weird seeing Mustang actually emoting only when Hawkeye was dying

Also him hugging her when May healed her was perfection

I have almost 2 creative writing credits to my name and no I won't let anyone forget it

July 8, 2021 20:09:40  #453

"Well Dad, sorry if I hit you!" -Alphonse

July 11, 2021 12:24:27  #454

Me: I think that wasp is trying to land on you
Cousin: Well it better f*cking not
Cousin: oopsie I did a swear

July 11, 2021 17:26:35  #455

Oopsie poopsy

Time
Bruh the signature be wacky

July 12, 2021 16:39:18  #456

July 12, 2021 17:12:11  #457

July 12, 2021 19:30:34  #458

That's the same for like, any other coding thing

Time

July 12, 2021 19:50:21  #459

true

July 13, 2021 08:40:49  #460

July 13, 2021 08:41:06  #461

No tablets were harmed in the making of this meme

July 15, 2021 15:54:56  #462

July 16, 2021 12:18:39  #463

July 16, 2021 14:59:59  #464

July 16, 2021 15:30:14  #465

July 17, 2021 13:56:47  #466

Can y'all guess what I've been into recently by the memes lol xd

July 17, 2021 16:12:35  #467

When you want ramen but you are too tired to get up and you wouldn't be able to eat all of it

July 20, 2021 10:02:43  #468

July 20, 2021 10:13:20  #469

I have a 2000 word limit and I have to somehow get rid of 300 EXTRA WORDS

I mean I've already cut down about 120 words so it's better than nothing though

July 20, 2021 16:17:02  #470

I was watching OMORI vines when my bro just busted into the house and gave me a heart attack

July 20, 2021 22:58:05  #471

Basket Cat wrote:

I have a 2000 word limit and I have to somehow get rid of 300 EXTRA WORDS

I mean I've already cut down about 120 words so it's better than nothing though

I hate when I have to edit down my essays for the word limit

But hey I get it the teacher doesn't want to read that much

Time

July 22, 2021 13:12:06  #472

"Lantern Light," Creative Writing Project 2021, by Eliza. Requested by Echo and Specter :D

My entire life, I’ve been told I’d grow out of things. I’ve been told I’d grow out of playing with toy cars and being shy. I’ve even been told that I’d grow out of my fear of the dark and the bad luck that seemed to follow me everywhere I went.
            To tell you the truth, the only thing they were right about growing out of was the toy cars.
            See, whenever something happened at school, I was always blamed for it. It doesn’t matter if it was even possible for me to have any influence in the event. If it was supposed to be a warm, sunny day and instead turned out to be a cold, rainy day, I was blamed for it. At school, the kids in my class would call me “Unlucky Cody” behind my back.
            The day that changed was dull and gray, and not very encouraging. It threatened to rain any minute. I was walking home from another miserable day at school when I accidentally kicked something metal. I looked down and found a lantern at my feet. I bent over and picked it up.
From what I could see, it was one of those Asian pagoda lanterns, the ones that look a bit like little houses, just small. It was made of black metal that was in surprisingly good condition. I opened it and found a candle still inside. I thought about just leaving it on the sidewalk, but something told me I’d regret it, so I took it home.
That night, I went into my bedroom with the lantern. I’d brought some matches with me so I could light the lantern.
I set the lantern on my desk and turned off the lights. Carefully, I lit a match and held it to the candle wick. Within a few seconds it was burning. I shut the little door in the lantern. The slots made the candlelight dance off the bedroom walls. I stared at them in amazement.
“The light isn’t really a big deal, you know.” Said a voice.
I almost knocked the lantern off my desk.
“Hey, be careful! Don’t break my lantern!”
I looked in the direction of the voice, coming from my bed.
Sitting there, on the edge of my bed, was a small girl about my age, maybe thirteen or fourteen. Her white hair was cut short in a bob. She was pale, like she wasn’t in the sun often, just like me. She wore a white jacket with pink and white embroidered flowers over a set of overalls. I noticed that she had a black choker necklace with a gold coin ornament. On her head was a pair of white cat ears. I couldn’t tell if they were real or if they were part of a headband.
“W-who are you?” I spluttered, trying to comprehend at the same time where this girl had come from.
“My name’s Yuki!” the girl said brightly. “I’m the spirit of that lantern you just lit.”
“Spirit…wait, are you a ghost?” I demanded. Yuki looked slightly put out.
“I’m not a ghost, I’m a spirit. They’re two different things,” she said, swinging her legs. “Ghosts are people who died but can’t let go of their previous life. A spirit is a person who moved on and decided to come back to help people. They’re very different.”
“Uhm, okay then.” There was an awkward pause. “So why are you here?”
“I bring good luck to whoever owns my lantern. Since you found it, that means you.” Yuki added cheerfully.
“I think it’s a little late for that” I said mumbled.
Yuki’s cheerful expression fell a little. “How come?” she asked.
I glared at her slightly. I wasn’t used to people asking about my bad luck. “Bad things always happen when I’m around.” I said shortly. “I’m unlucky. That’s all there  is to it. Now will you please go away? I need to go to sleep.”
I woke up the next morning feeling very groggy. I got up and went into the kitchen to get some breakfast and completely missed the fact that Yuki was sitting on the counter.
“Hey!” she said brightly. “Sleep well?”
I blinked slowly. Then realized who I was looking at. “Wait, you—you’re actually real?” I asked, finally waking up completely.
“Yes, I’m still here!” Yuki replied impatiently. She got off the counter and looked at me, floating about a foot off the ground so she was eye level with me. “I told you, I’m supposed to bring you good luck!”
“I feel like you’re not helping me at all.” I muttered, stuffing the milk carton back in the fridge. I sat down at the table and started eating my cereal. Yuki floated over to me.
“What’s your name?” she asked curiously.
“…Cody.” I said quietly.
“Cody, huh?” Yuki set her elbows on the table, resting her chin on her interlaced fingers. “Cute name,” she said, grinning. I blushed.
“Not really…” I mumbled, staring at my cereal bowl. A brief pause followed.
“Okay, look,” Yuki said after examining me. “I know why you have bad luck.” She poked my forehead. “You’re lonely. That’s why you’re unlucky. You’ve been lonely for so long that you can’t help it. Bad luck’s always attracted to people who are negative.”
“I’m not negative!” I retorted.
“So lonely is a positive emotion?” Yuki asked dryly. “The point is you need to figure out how to make that loneliness go away. I can cancel out your bad luck when I’m around you, but that won’t fix the problem. If I can only cancel out your bad luck I can’t exactly give you good luck either,” Yuki pointed out. “Look, if you don’t want my help, then fine, go back to your miserable unlucky life. You can throw my lantern out and I’ll leave you alone forever.”
I stared blankly at my lap.
“Hey, you still there?” Yuki poked my forehead again.
“How am I supposed to stop being lonely? I’ve never made any friends. Everyone always avoided me because I’m unlucky.”
Yuki looked at me thoughtfully.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                        ***
I wasn’t sure I completely knew what Yuki’s plan was. Since it was Saturday, I didn’t have school, so Yuki decided that we’d spend the day going to my favorite places. I understood absolutely no purpose in this, but if Yuki was around me, then my bad luck wouldn’t worry me for once.
It felt awkward walking down the sidewalk with a spirit. For one thing, she was floating along beside me instead of walking. For another, as Yuki explained to me, I was the only one who could interact with her in any way, shape, or form.
“So, where are we going first?” Yuki asked suddenly. I jumped.
“I’m not sure.” I said honestly. Yuki folded her arms. I looked over at her. Even when she was floating she didn’t surpass my height. I knew I wasn’t tall, but it was a little funny to see the difference between the two of us.
“Well, we’ve got all day,” she pointed out. “So what do you want to do?”
“Um, well, there’s this really good donut place…” I trailed off.
Yuki clapped her hands. “I love donuts!” she exclaimed happily.
“Wait, you can eat?” I asked.
Yuki rolled her eyes good-naturedly. “’Course I can eat. I just don’t need to.”
So both of us headed off to my favorite donut shop. I bought two, one for me and one for Yuki. We sat on a nearby bench while we ate. I noticed how she became mostly transparent when she was in direct sunlight.
Yuki popped the rest of her donut into her mouth. “So, where to next?”
“Uh…” I blinked, trying to think. “Well, there’s a video game store down the street…”
“Off we go then!” Yuki grabbed my arm and started pulling me down the street.
“So why are we doing all this?” I asked Yuki as we left another store we’d wandered through. Yuki didn’t seem to hear me; she’d rushed to a small stand near the park selling paper lanterns and was admiring it from about fifteen feet away. I walked over. “What is it?” I asked.
She pointed at a paper lantern. “Those,” she breathed. “The paper lanterns.”
“You like those?” I looked at them. They were the simple round lanterns that you used once or twice then threw away. I glanced at the sky. Somehow we’d managed to spend the entire day walking through shops, because now it was past sunset.
            Checking my wallet, I walked over to the stand and bought two of the lanterns and some matches. They were a little cheaper than I was expecting, but since they were mostly made of paper, I guess it made sense.
            I walked back over to Yuki with the lanterns. Her face positively lit up. “You bought lanterns?!” she squealed excitedly.
            I grinned. “I know a good place where we could watch the other lanterns. There seems to be some sort of event happening.”
            We went into the park and I found a hill that was used for sledding in the winter. Surprisingly, almost everyone was down in the middle of the park to let go of their lanterns instead of on the hill, so we were alone. Sitting down in the grass, both of us settled down to wait for complete darkness to fall.
            “So, why do you like the lanterns so much?” I asked Yuki. When she didn’t give me a response, I looked over at her.
            She’d drawn her knees to her chest and was looking out at the park. “They were just something that I liked when I was alive.” She said, her tone lacking her usual bounciness.
            “Uh, what was it like? When you were alive, I mean. If that’s not too sensitive to talk about.” I added hastily.
            Yuki got a misty look in her eyes. “Me and my dad used to make lanterns together. They remind me of him.”
            There was an uncomfortable silence.
            Finally, I asked, “How did you become a spirit?”
            “You have to die first,” Yuki said as if that were obvious. “If you want to become a spirit you have to let go of your mortal life. If you had a pure, honest life, you can come back as a spirit so you can help people. It’s like a reward for being a good person.”
            “Why did you become a good luck spirit inhabiting a lantern?” I asked.
            Yuki didn’t look at me for a while, instead fiddling with the hem of her jacket. “When I was alive, I had bad luck, too.”
            “You had bad luck? Just like me?”
            “Exactly like you.” Yuki said with the hint of a smile. “When I died, I knew that I wanted to help people who had bad luck like me. It wasn’t a regret; it was more like… a resolve.”
            “Were you lonely like me?” I asked. “Is that why you had bad luck?”
            Slowly, Yuki nodded. “That’s why I’ve been so determined to reverse your bad luck. I don’t want you to end up like I did.”
            What had happened over the course of today suddenly clicked. “Have you been trying to be my friend this whole time? Is that why you suggested all of this, so we’d be friends?”
            Yuki didn’t answer. She looked across the park. “They’re letting the lanterns go,” she said softly.
I took the two lanterns and lit them. I held one out to her. She reached out to take it, but I held on to it.
“Hey,” I said quietly, “We’re friends now, okay?” I grinned. “That means my bad luck’s gone, right?”
Golden eyes shining, Yuki took the lantern from me. “Yeah,” she said, her smile bigger than mine.

July 23, 2021 08:12:06  #473

My cousin, seeing a text that somehow got sent at 3:56 instead of when I sent it: Why are you up at 4am
Me, responding at 8am sleeping the entire night: Why are you up at 4am

July 26, 2021 17:03:53  #474

I finished Celeste with like 5000 deaths

I'm probably not going to do chapter 8 because I don't have any crystal hearts lol

July 27, 2021 17:36:26  #475

ah yes, magic mountain game

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

July 29, 2021 12:05:17  #476

I think I just got my rooster addicted to coconut chips please send help

August 1, 2021 19:02:03  #477

Kel logic: People need to eat, Hero likes to cook. Therefore he should be a cook as a profession

August 3, 2021 18:38:34  #478

Youtube Ad: Fun quiz! Test to see if you're gay
Me: Youtube you're really not helping

August 3, 2021 19:02:12  #479

that reminds me of that one meme where the news channel guy brings on a guy and asks "why are you gae"

Axel
"Martial arts is... a way to move all cool like?"
Live like nobody's watching
I aten't dead
If i was rich, I'd fill up a room with buttons, and then when you pressed them they'd make satisfying sounds

August 4, 2021 08:27:02  #480

nani

Board footera