HIS FORUM NOW

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 13, 2021 03:18:31  #31

Re: (@Galaxian) Coffee! Someone’s at their local café...

(Ah, I can see why you thought that. Thanks for not ‘bothering about it though, my bad. Was meant to just be a week or a couple of days. I’ve put it down to burning that bridge when it comes)

“Oh... right?” Ravus seemed questioning, in a way. Why? Who knows. “Uh, I’m not really sure anyone goes there anymore. Whatever deity it once belonged to is long gone. I don’t know.”

Ephemeris
>>>><<<<
she/her | ambivert | signature in progress

April 13, 2021 20:08:36  #32

"It is fine," Kiaane reassures. Their flat but usual tone is, unfortunately, not reassuring at all, but that's just how it be with them. "There will just be the need to search elsewhere, then."

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

April 14, 2021 14:34:12  #33

Ravus sighed, looking deflated. “Ah.. There’s one in the next city over, though. To one of the magic deities.” He muttered a a faint “excuse me” before taking a smartphone out of one of his pockets and swiping it. After a couple of minutes, he shoved it back and looked up at Kiaane. “Actually, I think there’s something I need to do there too. I gather you’re not too familiar with the area, so I can show you where it is if you want, as long as you’re happy to wait a few minutes when we’re there so I can check something.”

(Hehe... incoming shenanegans involving Kiaane and a bus maybe? Doesn’t strike me as someone who uses a bus on a regular basis, plus two socially awkward characters + crowded space is usually a funny combination)

Ephemeris
>>>><<<<

April 14, 2021 18:04:02  #34

(Jofjsdoisjfiofj for some reason I interpreted it as Kiaane will almost get hit by a bus O_O stupid pessimistic side of my personality xD)

While Ravus is doing the very normal action (the narrator says that genuinely) of looking at his smartphone (you know when someone pulls out a cell phone and then just stays like that for the next few minutes while you yourself are also not doing anything? That's from Kiaan's perspective), Kiaane is just staring at the other's face because of the slight glare of the screen on Ravus' face. They're socially awkward and haven't really seen phones so up close, okay?
But thankfully, by the time Ravus looks back up again, it mostly just looks like they're vaguely observing (*cough* staring at) his eyes, which is also (presumably and justifiably) very uncomfortable but a little better than someone staring at your face point-blank for seemingly no reason, hopefully. And anyways, it looks more like they're daydreaming than looking at him directly, which is supposed to be helpful as well.
Anyways, they nod. "That will be alright," they state. After that, they finally look away from the other, specifically turning their gaze back down to the coffee, which they haven't touched yet. For once, they've taken a cue (presumably) and realized that they're going to be leaving soon. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 16, 2021 00:52:09  #35

(Oh dear... hopefully not! I was thinking having to work out he has to buy a ticket and not just walk on XD)

Thankfully, Ravus didn’t seem to notice Kiaane’s staring even when he looked back up again. “Oh, yeah. Hopefully it’s still hot.” He said, sipping his own coffee. “Don’t worry too much though. We can always get one to go.”

Last edited by Effervescence (April 16, 2021 00:52:47)

Ephemeris
>>>><<<<

April 16, 2021 01:09:48  #36

Kiaane shakes their head. "Waiting for temperature reduction," they explain, which essentially means they never worried in the first place.
Oh wow, so there is a reason for them not drinking it. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 16, 2021 09:44:27  #37

Ravus nodded in acknowledgement then went quiet for a bit, sipping his coffee occassionally. If one looked closely at his body language (not that it was likely anyone was) he seemed nervous- unusually so, and for once it wasn’t Kiaane or the others in the café that were causing this.

(I may or may not be squeezing in a passing reference for an upcoming plot point XD not that it makes any difference)

Ephemeris
>>>><<<<

April 16, 2021 20:11:13  #38

The mage might be watching still, but it's unlikely that they find his anxiety perturbing. Even if they did, they wouldn't be showing it, anyways. They just sit back silently. After a while, they do take out what appears to be a medium-sized canteen, which was probably intended for drinking water...but we don't do that here. They set it on the table but don't let go of it, keeping their hand around it in a vise-like grip.

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

April 19, 2021 07:00:36  #39

Ravus took one last sip from his own mug then pushed it to one side and stood up. “You good to go? I’ll show you to that cathedral before I leave. I’m guessing you can do whatever stuff you need to do there on your own.”

Last edited by Effervescence (April 19, 2021 07:00:56)

Ephemeris
>>>><<<<

April 19, 2021 12:37:24  #40

Kiaane almost instantaneously proceeds to pour all the coffee into their canteen. The mug is almost suspiciously clean afterwards, but they nod with their usual innocent sort of cluelessness and stand up as well. They even attempt to push their chair in, though true to its nature, it literally just boings back after their efforts. 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

July 2, 2021 22:57:02  #41

(Hi, so it's been two months+, which means this is gonna be archived. But if you look for this thread, see it, and want to continue it, just add a message here and it can be continued. Thanks!)

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera