GGaD

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 30, 2021 21:10:24  #2161

Re: Galaxian's Roleplaying Thread {Version Omega}

My mind is flipping "animal spirit" to "spirit animal" and I dunno what to say now

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed
transpired quite regularly

May 30, 2021 22:15:12  #2162

Tbh I'm trying to think of what palettes for animals fits that of Hitan's and idk, I don't think white and yellow are very common huh. Or gray and yellow. Or black and yellow.
I can only think of snakes and fish for those palettes lol.

But I do know what to do for Kiaane. Which is cursed in its own right.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 31, 2021 21:04:32  #2163

I guess Hitan could maybe fit a dandelion. Would that be neat? I wonder. xD

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 31, 2021 21:09:20  #2164

"I know I'm handsome, but I'm busy" in the best thing I've heard today
It was a YouTube ad
I see YouTube is upping their advertising services

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 31, 2021 21:10:12  #2165

Just realized that if Kiaane were in Plants vs. Zombies, they'd be a mushroom O_0

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

May 31, 2021 23:55:54  #2166

Little Sunny in a mud puddle while singing "Rain, rain, go away, come again another day" while being completely insincere about it

*Edit: Slightly embarrassing that I got the lyrics slightly wrong lol it's fine

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 1, 2021 03:02:42  #2167

I've spent the entire day (that I've been awake) to try to recall 5 things
I've recalled two.
Yay.

Also F in the chat for this device, it'll be gone by tomorrow afternoon lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 1, 2021 03:11:00  #2168

Two things I've wanted to do (that I haven't forgotten...yet, but will, so I'm writing it down for me to read in like 2030 and snark over)
-Translate a Certain Song (hint: This is love, this is love, this entire world doesn't understand it")
-Kinda mention a Certain Song (hint: Scary-as-heck lullaby)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 1, 2021 21:38:18  #2169

I work on way too many AUs
But what do I regret? Nothing, actually.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 1, 2021 22:49:39  #2170

A good thing about Fate!Wiley is that it's basically impossible for Servants like Brynhildr to think he's Sigurd, unless Sigurd is an absolutely mad man, which he doesn't look like tbh
Lol Fate!Wiley goes out of his way to make such a first impression that it's impossible for him to be mistaken for someone else
He scares all the crazy women (idk if there are men who do that in F/GO, at least as of yet) to make sure they don't think he's husbando

Also the other day I had something to say about fictional simps but I completely forgot lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 1, 2021 23:08:25  #2171

Instead of making a character intersex in an attempt to be more inclusive in character-making, I instead give them a plethora of health problems.
Whee?

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 1, 2021 23:10:02  #2172

I'm not really sure if the issue is that I can't draw female anatomy though (and hence no difference between just about anyone anatomically)
I'll try again once I can somewhat do that.
Then again, I still don' want to lol I'm still stuck on 3-year-old thinking
I love myself a lot, as you can probably infer.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 1, 2021 23:11:38  #2173

Also the "You'll get better as long as you practice" mantra is a lie
I was horrible at clothing design as a child. I've been working on it for years and I'm still horrible at it
I'll no longer be deceived lol
But I'll need to keep practicing anyways because I don't want everyone to look too alike in terms of fashion

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 2, 2021 00:41:20  #2174

Wiley smells like some horrible synthesis of different scents
I mean, he doesn't smell bad. It's just weird
He can get the smell off really easily though. He had to alter it to that since he found that after Rai entered his life, life-or-death chases also entered his life, and the smell was too easy to pinpoint

Part of that synthesis is cheese btw
I wanted him to smell like Death (or just cheese) to people who are allergic to cheese (lol I wrote death instead of cheese)
It doesn't actually result in an allergic reaction; it's literally just the smell
Lol plot twist he doesn't go out much because he knows he'll encounter cheese-allergic weirdos who will follow him for the cheese smell
Jk xD

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 2, 2021 01:58:25  #2175

Raez's voice makes me sleepy lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 2, 2021 01:59:02  #2176

Sanzang, in the Camelot Singularity: Being summoned once is like an individual miracle

Fate!Wiley:
Fate!Wiley: (*fingerguns*)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 2, 2021 02:31:16  #2177

I read old writing.
Part of me is like 'Hey, that wasn't too bad!" while the other part is like, "End me."
When I said Galaxian is a pessimistic-optimistic realist, that was what I was talking about. And that is what I'm talking about.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 2, 2021 15:36:02  #2178

Oh yeah I forgot to say this, about characters having similar fashion preferences

I wonder how they'd look if I switched clothing xD
I made a few of 'em wince lol

I still keep wondering if Rai actually looks good in a track suit. I might need to sketch that and then, if he doesn't look that good, I might need to give him some other clothing design. I do have an idea in mind, but it seems slightly hot lol (temperature-wise obviously)

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 2, 2021 18:01:29  #2179

I've found out that it's essentially impossible for any fantasy persona of Kiaane's to exist without armor. They look so weird without it lol. I wonder how HPA them look. Or just GGaD them without the armor, lol.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 2, 2021 18:31:01  #2180

I'm noting this here because I feel like I need it and will always need it in terms of understanding what romantic love is.
Ah, I love Huyao Xiao Hongniang so much. Slaps me in the face as a "cartoon for kids" while discussing themes that I can't understand completely in terms of incorporation xD when I'm supposedly someone who writes for more mature audiences.
Spoilers ahead for recent Huyao Xiao Hongniang chapters, so beware. Not that anyone else will read it tbh

In the most recent chapter, Dongfang Yuechu sees many illusions of his where he and Honghong have an ideal life together. Everything is ideal--they have cute kids, Honghong is still horrible at chores xD a devoted wife, and they have a home together.
But like he says, those illusions are ultimately illusions. His illusions. His wishes and dreams, of the past, where Honghong is someone she isn't and the situation is an impossible one, at least speaking of current circumstances. Like he says, because those are his illusions, if he gets too caught up in them and has his feelings directed towards his own "ideal," then he doesn't have the right to love Honghong, who develops on her own in reality and is, at least currently, far from the dream versions of her that he holds in her mind.
No one is perfect, and that goes for any relationship. No friendship will be perfect, so no romantic relationship will be perfect, either. Even if two people did grow up together, they won't completely understand each other, and both are bound to do things the other doesn't like or will even be against. But ultimately, their love comes from that willingness to balance it out, to make sacrifices for the other when the situation can't be balanced, and in general, willingness to be with each other and make each other as happy as possible. They can think about what-ifs--what if the other's personality were something instead of what it is? But if one thinks about it, if that change will come, it should be one guided, not forced. Until then, the two continue to stay together, with all the less satisfactory parts and all the more satisfactory parts.

This is actually a theme I think about a lot, because I strive for the best from myself, so when it comes to romantic relationships, personalities, and such, connected to fictional characters, I sometimes have a tendency of thinking that way as well. I get nervous when a character in a relationship with another character does things or has personality traits that their significant other may not be a big fan of. At my worse moments, I try to change the character so those actions and traits don't exist, or have temporary reasons behind them. At my worst moments, I try to end that connection between characters before it was really developed. But overall, while of course there are moments where relationships need to be terminated and personalities need to be slightly altered/clarified, I should think more about things that I say, like what I'm saying right now, and enjoy the process a bit more.
Gonna send this post through; another one is coming, lol.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 2, 2021 19:02:46  #2181

Now to tie the above discussion with something more specific! (Or I just...veer way off of topic. You know me. Don't expect any ties to actually be made.)
If you haven't realized yet, the above discussion mostly focuses on ideas revolving around and within the relationship between Hitan and Helen. It's one of the most important romantic relationships that my characters have--not that I have many of them, xD. Next up would probably be Rai and Anima, and I think other ones are either inactive or undeveloped, mostly the former. (By the way, I'm still scared about Rai and Anima, lol. It can't be helped. The ship by now is so canon that it can't be more canon, but it's still so scary xD.)
Anyhow, it's kind of hard for me to discuss this concisely. I guess starting off is how I'm not actually all that sure of Hitan's feelings and perspective when it comes to love. Sometimes I call him immature on it, but he definitely has more developed and solid views on it than I do, so who's to say that I'm actually correct? But when I say it's immature, I mean that he seems to expect too much in the name of it. He places many expectations on himself, including what he should do and will do. In general, he does that--but it sometimes feels like the idea of love places some stamp of obligation on him, and I'm not entirely sure what to think about it. Sometimes I feel like it's sweet, and other times I deem it unrealistic and scoff in response to it. But that's the way someone named after dreams goes about things, so I guess I can't complain.
No matter what, it's just,,, weird in the first place because I've never really heard Rune talk about Helen's perspective. But just looking at what I can see from Helen, I guess I can say I definitely envy her, in the most simple sense of things. There's something about how unbothered she is about most things that definitely evokes some jealousy on my part, but I guess I wouldn't directly call it naivety. In any case, it's one of those traits that I have a hard time balancing out on my own end, and so sometimes it's hard to pinpoint how Hitan thinks on it. (Not to mention, he thinks about things on a level I can't hope to match.)
However, in general, I've gauged that he does get the entire deal for not changing someone else. Regarding Helen's relative inexperience or whatever, I think he's accepted that. He's not seeking to push her out into the world unless she wants to, which is something I think is correct. For him, he's trying to make sure to the best of his abilities that she can become someone she wants to be, all while she still remains safe. It's kind of a tricky balance for me (and him) because sometimes we just can't see a "safe" possibility for her. There are times where Hitan definitely thinks he should just keep her near her whenever possible until current ordeals pass. But, you know, this is kinda a surprising point for him, but somehow, in a time period where I didn't really work on him at all, he developed on his own. He got past those fears by rationalizing and thinking about them, and now he's better at balancing out the different aspects of their lives: The part no one else would want to endure, and the part that could constitute a more "normal" life. And I'm glad he developed on his own, because that means I can just kick down my own stupid point of view on it and go by what he thinks.
So, in general, I worry a lot about whether Hitan is trying to change her or if he's inadvertently doing so, but I need to chill a bit because I don't think wanting your crush to be literate counts in that sense. I do need to keep making sure that my bossy attitude doesn't come through Hitan, though. (I can be bossy through Galaxian all I want :D.) Generally, especially for a character who's both realistic and also someone named after dreams, I guess I can try to be his guide to make sure he doesn't get too caught up in his dreams. (Fat chance that I can be a guide for anyone. xD)
I do wanna say that Helen and Hitan have a relationship that has good vibes. I don't like absolutes, so I can't even say that I'm sure they'll always have a romance in GGaD. But I like their relationship, romance or not.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 3, 2021 00:16:27  #2182

I'm trying to think of how Hitan or Rai would react if someone was flirting with Helen or Anima and honestly both of them are giving me poker faces and it's really scary for some reason
Btw no, Wiley would not flirt with Anima. She's not really his type he's scared of amicicide

-Galaxian-

Edit: He wouldn't what (: 

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 3, 2021 16:16:58  #2183

Okay so apparently Hitan doesn't know what to say/do in that type of situation
Rai's come up with a response
"Sir, please, that's my emotional support person," he'd say with a poker face

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 3, 2021 17:42:08  #2184

The thing with me posting art is that I say I wanna post art more often, but every time I look at art I was gonna post but didn't, I always never regret my actions, so...

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 3, 2021 19:16:11  #2185

I've drawn Kiaane like 3 times in a row
In my defense, they look dapper with long hair lol. Also they kinda have emotions. Who doesn't love Kiaane with some emotions
I still need to draw them at least 2 times (provided I don't fail) because of...reasons, yeah.
I mean this persona of them. Not them in general. Who knows how many times I'll need to draw them even after the 2 times for other personas lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 3, 2021 19:22:21  #2186

Drawing Kiaane's hair is fun but, more importantly, it also is a very teaching experience, because every time I start off I am like "there is no way in heck that this will work out," but it does. So it shows to not give up easily

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 3, 2021 20:25:21  #2187

For making fanfiction types of AUs, I always enjoy making my characters so that certain canon characters would scorn them

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 3, 2021 21:37:06  #2188

I have never understood why "edgy pre-teens" like to draw animal ears on people, but I guess the ears are fun to draw. Won't be incorporating them into designs if I can help it though. Anatomy logic is there and idk it's too weird lol

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 3, 2021 21:51:14  #2189

"Those who talk of themselves as pitiful are often not the ones who should truly be pitied."
I say some smart things sometimes.
Generally, people who are anything (*insert description there of course*) won't say they are that thing. Sometimes it's used to convey some sort of message ig (like in fiction sometimes it can be hard to convey otherwise) but yep.

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

June 3, 2021 21:54:28  #2190

It is against my personal laws of conduct to draw Kiaane smiling because that's a law implied by their form, but nowhere in the form does it imply that they can't make expressions signifying distress

-Galaxian-

The unlikely
and the unimaginable

have indeed

Board footera